Any chance of a sequel to eternal darkness for the wii.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
That is my fourth favorite game game of all time (halo 2, gears, and super mario 3 being the others) and wish they would make a sequel to this masterpiece which is one of the games i consider that comes close to perfection.
odnnaab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 odnnaab
Member since 2004 • 96 Posts
yeah i hope so too but what the wii really needs is an online mmorpg game like world of warcraft
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
Silicon Knights made the game, who are now developing Too Human for the Xbox 360 (which is suppose to be the first of a trilogy). if GI's interview with Silicon Knights is any indication (they talked about how the Wii and their ambitions in their future games are in two separate directions), i would say the chances are zero.
JesterSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JesterSage
Member since 2005 • 597 Posts
However, what made Eternal Darkness unique (the tri system and mentality challenge) is placed under protection of a patent made to nintendo, so should nintendo want to make a spirtual squel to this, it is possible. for all i know, this can be the system used in the next Zelda game.
chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
However, what made Eternal Darkness unique (the tri system and mentality challenge) is placed under protection of a patent made to nintendo, so should nintendo want to make a spirtual squel to this, it is possible. for all i know, this can be the system used in the next Zelda game.JesterSage
I don't want it in zelda, i want it in eternal darkness. Silicon Knights is still an independent developer right?
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rahzel31
Member since 2004 • 2373 Posts
No
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
[QUOTE="JesterSage"]However, what made Eternal Darkness unique (the tri system and mentality challenge) is placed under protection of a patent made to nintendo, so should nintendo want to make a spirtual squel to this, it is possible. for all i know, this can be the system used in the next Zelda game.chicagog19
I don't want it in zelda, i want it in eternal darkness. Silicon Knights is still an independent developer right?

yup... third party. i think they also announced that they would make a PS3 game eventually.
LightThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LightThief
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
Eternal Darkness did pretty poorly in the sales department... I think they'd probably try somethin new before doing a sequal.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Silicon Knights said they were thinking about making a 2nd, and I think Nintendo could make it on the Wii if they want without Silicon Knights because I think Nintendo has the rights to Eternal Darkness, and the Sanity Effects.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
I would absolutely love to see that happen, but I don't think the chances are very good.