any adults play pokemon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts
i'm 30...have never played a pokemon game before. i kinda understand the basic premise of the game (i think). but, is this mega-hit really geared towards the younger crowd or is it similar to most other nintendo games...appears kid friendly, but are really good for all age groups?
Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
Well if you are a fan of RPGs, odds are you'll like it. A lot of people in their late teens and early 20s will likely get this, mainly due to the fact that they played the originals (this includes me), but I believe it is still good for all age groups. Look into some info on the game, see if it interests you.
KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
i'm 30...have never played a pokemon game before. i kinda understand the basic premise of the game (i think). but, is this mega-hit really geared towards the younger crowd or is it similar to most other nintendo games...appears kid friendly, but are really good for all age groups? agrippi
I'm not an adult, but I'm 16 and while the game is most likely aimed towards younger audiences, it's a game for everyone! It's a highly addictive game, so addictive that I went and beat Pokemon Silver on my GBC! Anyways, if you're interested in it, I'd suggest buying it.
blade113355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blade113355
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts

my thing is this

the game is for teens and up

everything else is for kids 

yellowrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yellowrb
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts
I enjoy the Pokemon games, and I'm older than you. Nyaa nyaaa. Pokemon merchandise (cartoons, cards, plushies, etc.) is specifically geared towards a young audience. The Pokemon games are certainly attractive to a younger audience, but can easily appeal to us oldsters as well. Hm, I think I was around your age when I was playing Emerald. Good times, good times.
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
Pokemon games are for everyone. It's really fun and simple. I think you would enjoy it if you are open minded. I sure would still play pokemon video games when i turn 30 :)
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Well, if you count adults as 18+ then yeah. There are tons of people that are 18+ that play it. I'm about to be 19 and I'm buying it.
Xx_Azure_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xx_Azure_xX
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts
I'm 16 and I still like Pokemon.. alot! I really don't care what other people say about it.. I love the show and the games.
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
Im 20 and I plan to be playing Pokemon until im an old man. The cartoons suck, but the games are brilliant.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
I am 32 and getting pokemon pearl, and my girl is 28 and getting diamond. I aint really gotten into it myself, but my girl has like 8-10 pokemon games. I just started playing and am playing Leafgreen. I have 30 pokemon so far.
eyko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eyko
Member since 2004 • 233 Posts
19 years of age and a massive pokemon fan (well the games), can't see any reason for me to stop playing in the future if they keep the games good.
GeekyDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#12 GeekyDad
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts

I'm 35, and my wife & I will be playing D/P (pre-ordered earlier last month). My boys each have Emerald and Mystery Dungeon for the their GBAs, and I used to play the card game with them. But this will be the first Pokemon RPG that I play myself. I'm attracted to the game because, unlike most DS games, D/P promises to offer a ton of replay; I hope to be playing it for a good, long while. Plus the online trading and battles should be a lot of fun as well.

I had to coax my wife into playing it with me -- she had no interest in it -- but I think it will be fun to do together. We can trade Pokemon, battle, help each other should we get stuck with something, etc.

kw_msp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kw_msp
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
I can see myself at 50 playing it to be honest with you >_>'
Elektrakosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Elektrakosh
Member since 2005 • 9318 Posts
28 and waiting for Pokemon Pearl!
_Shizuka_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _Shizuka_
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts
I thought I posted in this one already. 18, and just bought Ruby! Ooohh whee it's such an awesome game. The cartoons were dreadful and I didn't care for the card games, but the GBA games are mighty fine. I never played the GB or GB colour versions though.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Nope. Adults simply don't play Pokemon.
_Shizuka_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _Shizuka_
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts

Nope. Adults simply don't play Pokemon.Articuno76

I don't know, posters in this thread suggest otherwise. Unless they're pretending to be older? 

AzureCuzYeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 AzureCuzYeah
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
When I was a teen I bought pokemon games. I am now 22 and I am going to buy one of the two games.
Edge257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Edge257
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i'm quite sure that the pokemon games aren't for kids, atleast not as it would be for people older than 15.

why? because pokemon has these features kids wouldn't understand anyway. (breeding,ev etc.).

that's how i see it.

SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
I'm 22 years old & pokemon is one of the reasons why I've a DS & Wii.
kirby43c1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kirby43c1d
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts
well pokemon is old it came out when i was in middle school and I used to play it up to like pokemon yellow but since i have a ds I am going to buy it  pearl of course :) I am 20
Avatar image for coleorionjordan
coleorionjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 coleorionjordan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

I'm 18 in a couple of months, but I spend all my free time on a pokemon forums site. >_>

See sig (pldh.net) 

zintarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 zintarr
Member since 2004 • 2212 Posts
Well I am older than you and I have been playing the Pokemon games for years. Do not let the look of the games fool you. They are great to play and if you have a DS you really should get one of the new games that is coming out. My pick is Diamond and my 2 brats are going to be fighting over Pearl.
Gamehead88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Gamehead88
Member since 2005 • 133 Posts

i think its aimed towards any age kids play the game for the charm more advanced players play with skill ev training breeding to get the strongest possible breed.

Thisisfufd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Thisisfufd
Member since 2006 • 816 Posts
I am 15 and I am a big fan of pokemon I have played from blue and up. But I am not an adult but I am excited for diamond/pearl the new features sound fun.
myNintendo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 myNintendo123
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
im 15 and i still like the show and games of pokemon.
Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts
I am 32 and getting pokemon pearl, and my girl is 28 and getting diamond. I aint really gotten into it myself, but my girl has like 8-10 pokemon games. I just started playing and am playing Leafgreen. I have 30 pokemon so far.l-_-l
I recommend getting platinum instead of both diamond and pearl since it has more features.
jaredcsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jaredcsimpson
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

I'm gonna twenty two in May and I've been playing Pokemon since I was eleven. I bought a DS and Pokemon Diamond and I'm trying to buy Platinum now. Adults can play what they want. My Dad still plays Diddy Kong racing and he is forty nine. Adults play all sorts of games, the age factor doesn't matter.

Iriscal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Iriscal
Member since 2006 • 164 Posts

Everyone at my college's Anime Club plays it. We have our own university league, with badges and everything.

Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

i'm 30...have never played a pokemon game before. i kinda understand the basic premise of the game (i think). but, is this mega-hit really geared towards the younger crowd or is it similar to most other nintendo games...appears kid friendly, but are really good for all age groups? agrippi

28 years old here...and speaking as a person who has only played Pokemon Pearl : my opinion on the game is that it's standard, simple , kid-friendly RPG with a few twists in gameplay here and there, that all ages can enjoy. If you're looking for something with a mature storyline or maybe some violence, then maybe this game might not be for you. :)

trx1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trx1961
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
47 and will NOT play it! the kid is 10 yrs old STILL!! they need to upgrade him and misty. but will play clubhouse games, meteos,and yars revenge all day!
Slashfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Slashfan10
Member since 2008 • 1242 Posts

I am 21 and still play, I havebeen playing for a long time since Red and Blue

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#33 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
18. Legally an adult and yes I play Pokemon.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

21, going on 22, and playing Pokemon Platinum. 8)

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#35 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

Like everyone else says, these games can be for anyone really. As long as you can use your imagination and enjoy (or look past) the cutesy graphics, the series is alright to play. I myself wouldn't necessarily start with the new ones but I guess it doesn't matter.

I guess you should start with Pearl or Diamond. I found Pearl to be fun for about 20 hours and then I got bored. But I have been playing the games since 98 when they came out.

And just remember Pokemon Platinum is probably just like Diamond/Pearl with a few gimmicky add ons. So it's safe to pick Pearl, Diamond or Platinum.

But once you play one of them, I wouldn't play the others unless you feel like repeating things over. I'm 24 on Friday by the way. Like I said any ages can play.

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

I'm 20 so I grew up with Pokemon, especially the first generation. I still play the main series (and so do many of my friends) because they are extremely deep and engaging. Pokemon is the definitive handheld game, IMO.

hamhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hamhero
Member since 2008 • 201 Posts

is pokemon geared towards adults? NO!!!

that admission however does NOT imply it lacks mild themes or content that may take a more complex thinking mind to appreciate/enjoy.

bottomline tho, play it and see for yourself. in the end i think you will find the game to be dry. so dry it may cut your throat. the only thing that saves pokemon is that you can train your "creatures" and fight others. similar to dog fighting, a barbaric sport yes but pokemon are barbaric creatures that love the abuse.

Avatar image for SherlockHolmes1
SherlockHolmes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SherlockHolmes1
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

I'm 37 and play Pokemon. If a game is fun I play it, simple as that. It's not the best game in the world by any stretch, but very entertaining.

Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
I'm 22 -23 this year and still play Pokemon. A lot of my friend and work colleauges play the game also. It just for kids the basic catch 'em all premise is but there is a lot of interesting things in it like training and breeding which is a tad more complicated.
superluigi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 superluigi96
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

I'm 21 and have been playing Pokemon since childhood, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. It's true the franchise is geared towards children (just look at all the merchandise), but the RPG elements go deep enough that most fans of the genre can find a sastisfying game experience.

raptor1906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 raptor1906
Member since 2009 • 611 Posts

I played Pokemon Pearl last year and now im 16, Its all up to you, i personally love it but the more i play the more childish i become.

Im more happy playing my first person shooters

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Yeah, but only I don't play the series as often compare to how I use to play in the past. But my favorite pokemon is Gardevoir.

Ghanima_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#43 Ghanima_A
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts

I'm 31 and I just started playing Platinum. But I also have kids so I spend most of my time collecting Pokemon to give them.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
[QUOTE="l-_-l"]I am 32 and getting pokemon pearl, and my girl is 28 and getting diamond. I aint really gotten into it myself, but my girl has like 8-10 pokemon games. I just started playing and am playing Leafgreen. I have 30 pokemon so far.Hegna1
I recommend getting platinum instead of both diamond and pearl since it has more features.

Lol, i would like to see him try to get platinum back at 2007. Yes, in case you guys didn`t noticed, this topic was created at 2007. =P