Adventure Game on the Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts

I really miss good old adventure games.  They were so much fun but developers have pretty well given up on them.  I want a new Kings Quest or Broken Sword or Day of the Tentacle or Manic Mansion or Gabriel Knight!  They would work SOOO well with the Wiimote.

Anyone else miss adventure games and agree with this?

MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts

I really miss good old adventure games.  They were so much fun but developers have pretty well given up on them.  I want a new Kings Quest or Broken Sword or Day of the Tentacle or Manic Mansion or Gabriel Knight!  They would work SOOO well with the Wiimote.

Firelore29
yea. i think they should put all the FF's on the VC with games like banjo kazooie/tooie, DK64, and the DK Countries.
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

I really miss good old adventure games. They were so much fun but developers have pretty well given up on them. I want a new Kings Quest or Broken Sword or Day of the Tentacle or Manic Mansion or Gabriel Knight! They would work SOOO well with the Wiimote.

Firelore29
Seriously, I really think Wii could be amazing at adventure games and really bring in a lot of people if the genre came back and was almost an alternative to books. Adventure games use to be my favorite back in the day and I loved the simple little game mechanics and puzzles, but most of all the stories. And the Wii can only expand upon all of these things if the time and effort is made to get good stories created. You know bring some Hotel Dusk-esc love to Wii. When they eventually roll out the Game Channel I really hope a few of the games that come out are just that, point and click adventure with some Wii functionality with really interesting stories. These games dont need to look amazing which is the beauty so to speak and it would help pave the wave so some devs will actually make some big production adventure games on the Wii.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Firelore29
[QUOTE="Firelore29"]

MavsFan2007

yea. i think they should put all the FF's on the VC with games like banjo kazooie/tooie, DK64, and the DK Countries.

I'm talking about old school point and click adventure games.  Has anyone here ever even played a Kings Quest?

MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MavsFan2007
[QUOTE="MavsFan2007"][QUOTE="Firelore29"]

Firelore29

I'm talking about old school point and click adventure games.  Has anyone here ever even played a Kings Quest?

oh... and no i have not played kings quest. i started gaming at SNES so...yea. i don't know what system the games you listed are on.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Firelore29
[QUOTE="Firelore29"]

I really miss good old adventure games. They were so much fun but developers have pretty well given up on them. I want a new Kings Quest or Broken Sword or Day of the Tentacle or Manic Mansion or Gabriel Knight! They would work SOOO well with the Wiimote.

enduin

Seriously, I really think Wii could be amazing at adventure games and really bring in a lot of people if the genre came back and was almost an alternative to books. Adventure games use to be my favorite back in the day and I loved the simple little game mechanics and puzzles, but most of all the stories. And the Wii can only expand upon all of these things if the time and effort is made to get good stories created. You know bring some Hotel Dusk-esc love to Wii. When they eventually roll out the Game Channel I really hope a few of the games that come out are just that, point and click adventure with some Wii functionality with really interesting stories. These games dont need to look amazing which is the beauty so to speak and it would help pave the wave so some devs will actually make some big production adventure games on the Wii.

I hope they do.  I havn't played a good adventure game in a while.  I played that new Broken Sword for the PC but that's been about it.

LightThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LightThief
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
DOnkey Kong Country comes out this month in America for the VC
[QUOTE="Firelore29"]

MavsFan2007

odnnaab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 odnnaab
Member since 2004 • 96 Posts
the wii should have an online adventure game or an mmorpg like world of warcraft
MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MavsFan2007
[QUOTE="LightThief"]DOnkey Kong Country comes out this month in America for the VC
[QUOTE="Firelore29"]

MavsFan2007

yeaaaa!! flippidy-dippidy
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts
[QUOTE="enduin"][QUOTE="Firelore29"]

Firelore29

I hope they do. I havn't played a good adventure game in a while. I played that new Broken Sword for the PC but that's been about it.

Same here I think that was the last Adventure game I played through which is really sad cause that was more than 2 years ago.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Firelore29
[QUOTE="Firelore29"][QUOTE="enduin"][QUOTE="Firelore29"]

enduin

I hope they do. I havn't played a good adventure game in a while. I played that new Broken Sword for the PC but that's been about it.

Same here I think that was the last Adventure game I played through which is really sad cause that was more than 2 years ago.

Go check out this website:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

There are a ton of old Adventure games on there which you can download for free including several of the Kings Quests.  They have some small engine so people can write their own little adventure games and some of them are great.  Check out Apprentice it's a great little game.

odnnaab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 odnnaab
Member since 2004 • 96 Posts
aight thanks
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I loved Maniac Mansion, Flashback and old school Broken Sword. I wouldn't mind remakes if done properly (especially Flashback). But I'm also loving new adventure games like Shadow of The Colossus (words cannot describe its godliness). I say see what new idea's can be developed in the next couple years before turning back the clock.