About the Graphcs on the Gamecube

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PK_Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PK_Thunder
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
Resident Evil 4 looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. Twilight princess looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. same with metroid prime, wind waker, and smash brothers. sense the gamecube was able to produce such awsome games with awsome graphics, why does every one have such a doubt that the wii is going to have bad graphics. what we have now is just the tip of the iceberg, its like playing luigis mansion and saying the gamecube sucks. The Wii is not going to let us down. and whatever the graphics are they are definatly not going to lag and skip like oblivion you can count on that.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
People just want developers to put forth the effort to make superb graphics in games for the Wii. We all know that the Wii is capable of much more.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Luigis Mansion was mediocre.....
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Sorry, but SSBM graphics aren't awesome at all... They're right, they fit the game and they don't spoil the fun at all, but you can't say they're amazing.
M_Scar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 M_Scar
Member since 2006 • 422 Posts
People say the graphic is bad because it's compared to the other consoles.And another factor is that people are addicted to better graphics,they'll always want more and more.And so am i...
Banana03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Banana03
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts
Resident Evil 4 looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. Twilight princess looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. same with metroid prime, wind waker, and smash brothers. sense the gamecube was able to produce such awsome games with awsome graphics, why does every one have such a doubt that the wii is going to have bad graphics. what we have now is just the tip of the iceberg, its like playing luigis mansion and saying the gamecube sucks. The Wii is not going to let us down. and whatever the graphics are they are definatly not going to lag and skip like oblivion you can count on that.PK_Thunder
Honestly, all those games you listed, I don't see them as having amazing graphics.
Banana03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Banana03
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts
Resident Evil 4 looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. Twilight princess looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. same with metroid prime, wind waker, and smash brothers. sense the gamecube was able to produce such awsome games with awsome graphics, why does every one have such a doubt that the wii is going to have bad graphics. what we have now is just the tip of the iceberg, its like playing luigis mansion and saying the gamecube sucks. The Wii is not going to let us down. and whatever the graphics are they are definatly not going to lag and skip like oblivion you can count on that.PK_Thunder
Honestly, all those games you listed, I don't see them as having amazing graphics.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wintry_Flutist

[QUOTE="PK_Thunder"]Resident Evil 4 looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. Twilight princess looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. same with metroid prime, wind waker, and smash brothers. sense the gamecube was able to produce such awsome games with awsome graphics, why does every one have such a doubt that the wii is going to have bad graphics. what we have now is just the tip of the iceberg, its like playing luigis mansion and saying the gamecube sucks. The Wii is not going to let us down. and whatever the graphics are they are definatly not going to lag and skip like oblivion you can count on that.Banana03

Absolutely or comparatively?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts
Sorry, but SSBM graphics aren't awesome at all... They're right, they fit the game and they don't spoil the fun at all, but you can't say they're amazing.Wintry_Flutist
The graphics for that game are ok. I'm happy with the graphics, but I think the GC could've handled it too. The only thing that seems improved, graphics-wise, are the textures on characters (from what I've seen so far from the game). Metroid Prime 3 seems to have better graphics than Metroid Prime 2, but there's no big leap here either. MP3 looks very good, though. But then again: Who the hell buys a Wii for the graphics?
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wintry_Flutist

[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]Sorry, but SSBM graphics aren't awesome at all... They're right, they fit the game and they don't spoil the fun at all, but you can't say they're amazing.Litchie
The graphics for that game are ok. I'm happy with the graphics, but I think the GC could've handled it too. The only thing that seems improved, graphics-wise, are the textures on characters (from what I've seen so far from the game). Metroid Prime 3 seems to have better graphics than Metroid Prime 2, but there's no big leap here either. MP3 looks very good, though. But then again: Who the hell buys a Wii for the graphics?

He was talking about SSBM for Gamecube and so am I.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]Sorry, but SSBM graphics aren't awesome at all... They're right, they fit the game and they don't spoil the fun at all, but you can't say they're amazing.Wintry_Flutist

He was talking about SSBM for Gamecube and so am I.

Oops, my bad. :oops:
weazur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 weazur
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

graphics are relative to everyone....some might think Paper mario may look great (like me) and some may think it's the worst excuse of a platformer....

I thought grahpics on the gamecube were fine enough...its just what devs do with the graphics that matter....

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wintry_Flutist

graphics are relative to everyone....some might think Paper mario may look great (like me) and some may think it's the worst excuse of a platformer....

I thought grahpics on the gamecube were fine enough...its just what devs do with the graphics that matter....

weazur

Anyone who thinks Paper Mario doesn't look great should be banned from existence.

Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]Sorry, but SSBM graphics aren't awesome at all... They're right, they fit the game and they don't spoil the fun at all, but you can't say they're amazing.Litchie

Exactly, as long as they are good enough not to detract from the game I am very pleased.
weazur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 weazur
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="weazur"]

Wintry_Flutist

Anyone who thinks Paper Mario doesn't look great should be banned from existence.

Yeah, tell that to my graphic whore freind
bukato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bukato
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts
Here's my opinion. The worst games on the PS3 and Xbox, have graphics better than the best games on their predecessors. The same can't be said for the wii. The wii games have to compete to look as good as gamecube graphic games. from my observation,(correct me if I'm wrong) there is no game out there for the wii that looks as good as RE4. Personally i don't mind this, but this is the excuse people use to diss the wii.
raichu7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 raichu7
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts
The graphics on the Wii are going to be fine
proudeskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 proudeskimo
Member since 2004 • 1762 Posts
Luigis Mansion was mediocre.....Duckman5

Your eyes are mediocre.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
Zelda TP is a good example that the Wii can do even better than the game cube OBVIOUSLY.... Seriously though for those graphic freaks, they need to chill out. The Wii's games later on in the year will see a big difference in graphics than from the launch titles. remember, the launch titles don't bring out the max outta a system, ur gonna have to wait to get what u want.

And stop makin the lame excuse of comparing it with the 360 and the PS3, if u wanna talk about AWSOME graphics, talk about the PC.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
the Wii has yet to have a game developed for it, that was not some kind of port or "here's how you use the Wiimote" game. Once some games start rolling made just for the Wii without the gamecube in mind, you'll see a noticable jump in graphics power.
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

I like GameCube's graphics.  I just recently played Wave Race: Blue Storm and I forgot how beautiful those water effects were, especially when water splashes on the screen.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
Sorry, but SSBM graphics aren't awesome at all... They're right, they fit the game and they don't spoil the fun at all, but you can't say they're amazing.Wintry_Flutist
consider this, it came out about a month after launch
Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts
[QUOTE="PK_Thunder"]Resident Evil 4 looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. Twilight princess looks amazing, those graphics will never look bad to me. same with metroid prime, wind waker, and smash brothers. sense the gamecube was able to produce such awsome games with awsome graphics, why does every one have such a doubt that the wii is going to have bad graphics. what we have now is just the tip of the iceberg, its like playing luigis mansion and saying the gamecube sucks. The Wii is not going to let us down. and whatever the graphics are they are definatly not going to lag and skip like oblivion you can count on that.Banana03

I would say RE4 had the best graphics from the last generation. And Zelda looks nice also.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts
[QUOTE="weazur"]

Wintry_Flutist

Even though PM was done on N64.....

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts
I personally thought F-Zero GX and Ninja Gaiden on Xbox are tied at the best graphics of last generation for sure. F-Zero was done in 4 player splitscreen without a hint of slowdown at 60fps. That's one ****** awesome achievement!
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wintry_Flutist

[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]Sorry, but SSBM graphics aren't awesome at all... They're right, they fit the game and they don't spoil the fun at all, but you can't say they're amazing.bigcalkenobi
consider this, it came out about a month after launch

Yeah but the TC simply can't say he thinks SSBM looks as "awesome" as RE4...

mack10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 mack10
Member since 2002 • 12394 Posts

Seriously? Metroid Prime, Wind Waker and RE4 are the best the cube and last gen has to offer.
OPbarfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OPbarfer
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts
RE4 doesn't have awesome graphics?  What does it take to impress you man?  It's not even that far behind Gears of War (I said "not that far" graphics whores, not equal).
Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Spelunker
Member since 2002 • 11428 Posts
RE4 doesn't have awesome graphics? What does it take to impress you man? It's not even that far behind Gears of War (I said "not that far" graphics whores, not equal).OPbarfer
It's a substantial bit behind: not really even all that close. And RE4 (the GCN version, at least) wasn't even running fullscreen.
expired311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 expired311
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts
RE4 doesn't have awesome graphics? What does it take to impress you man? It's not even that far behind Gears of War (I said "not that far" graphics whores, not equal).OPbarfer

You can't compare the best of last gen to the best (so far) of this gen. Of course there's a very large difference in visuals and effects. You can't seriously think that both games are similar in graphical power. :?
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
re 4 had okay graphics not the greatest game of all time the only game using all of the gamecubes graphics was zelda tp, the only game that looks good on wii now is sonic the secret rings that game is running on the barley any graphics at all of wiis power the game looks awesome the water is shiny as hell.
the games that will use more of the wiis graphical power is smg and mp3 as of what we have seen ive seen tons of videos for those 2 games and might i add they are beyond what ive seen on gamecube.
and wii
mario galaxy uses the smoothing out engine of the wii did you see the planets there perfectly 360 spheres and if you propably looked at that you would get a 12 agon sphere looking thing on game cube.
basicaly people keep bashing wii graphics cause they say there weak well ill tell you one thing the wii is a video game system,not a computing system that runs on 3 cores or 7 cells that can only use 1 cell to produce gameplay rest are for graphics like glass shattering and stuff some other cells are for programs and stuff. back to the 3 core system well it uses 2 cores for gaming and one for programs keeping the interface clean. remeber one thing 2 cores equals 1 cell except a cell produces better and realistic lighting.
on too the wii which is a littile bit over 1 core so its about half as strong as the other 2 in graphics comparison when it realeses its awesome games. sure it doesnt have great super computer phisics engine and other engines. it still has a good lighting engine and graphics core.so the games we will see coming out are still gonna amaze us but dont compare 2 the other 2 systems. sure the ps3 isnt selling its still good, and the 360 isnt selling much ether theres millions in stores, the wii is flying off the shelves like super man trying to save some one in distress.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wintry_Flutist

RE4 doesn't have awesome graphics?  What does it take to impress you man?  It's not even that far behind Gears of War (I said "not that far" graphics whores, not equal).OPbarfer

Yes, RE4 is that far behind GeoW.

kakashi_00x000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kakashi_00x000
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts

The graphics would only look bad compared to, say, ps3 and 360, but really there just better which doesn't make the Wii's graphics bad. Wii has inovation to make up for it's lack of hardware power.