This topic is locked from further discussion.

gba1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1

Edited By gba1989
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts

*wheeze* *cough* It's sure is spacey when you're stuck in a coffin for too long. Uh, what year is it now? What timeline is this?

2015? Do we now have robot cows, ninja cyborgs, and adaptive camouflage ? What do you mean not yet? I mean it's 2015. This things should've already exist a year ago. So what about PMCs? The Beauty and the Beasts. The world burning in their wake. ISIS? What's that? You mean the Egyptian goddess, right?

Leftmost guy: In the shadows. I move silently.

2nd guy(from left): You have the audacity to post this pic infidel.

3rd guy: I bet no one's gonna catch me sleeping w/ this mask on.

4th guy: Can't believe he just said that.

The Whited One: ..... ( Is he stupid? He look stupid. )

5th guy(from center, to right): Imbecilic infidel.

6th guy: Whuuut? I can't hear what he said.

7th guy: *smirk* I get your humor dood.

Right-winged wallflower extrimista guy: .... ? ..... !

Ok........ But please tell me that at least someone had already invented the Solid Eye.

Hmmm. Close enough.

Anyways... It's been a "while" since I wrote a blog.

And I'm here to talk about....as the blog title suggest....Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3ds.

As we all know, video games is a form of entertainment but there are times that it immerse us in deep ways that it feels that we're a part of whatever world the game has put us in. I wouldn't say that about Animal Crossing: New Leaf but it does really had a profound emotional effect on me. And that is guilt. It's been months since I played it. And in that course of time, I've been through Hel, to Vekta, and back. I've revisited Grozny Grad too many times. Reapplied to some mercenary outfit in Costa Rica. Gotten out through some cruise ship named Zenobia. Then traveled through Echo Town. And just when I thought I'm ready to return home to this quaint little town, I'm overwhelmed with guilt. A guilt that's been nagging me for months. I know all I have to do is pick up the game and make amends but I just can't. The painful memory of losing virtual friends in the past keeps refreshing from my mind. And the guilt of neglecting the town I've been given the responsibility to take care of. It's been a while since a game make feel this way. And it was some pet sim called tamagotchi.

I know I kinda sound melodramatic. And I know I'll get over it. I usually do. But when I pick what games to play in my backlog and end up seeing this game even with just a glance, it gets me thinking about it. Part of the reason I wrote this blog right now. And maybe it's (let's just call it) a gamer's sense of duty. Like a senseless but rewarding duty to a 100% game completion or at least 80% tops. The reward is itself, the accomplishment. Or just for the simplest reason to just play a video game. I've spent and wasted a copious amount of time grinding in RPG games and Odin damn it if I'm not going to spend at least 10 minutes(20 mins. maximum) maintaining a town. I've been contemplating in selling this game and erasing my save file just to be done about it but I have not the courage to do so. So right now I'm keeping it. Hidden away. And maybe in the near future nostalgia will give me courage to play this game again. And I'll be able to begin this game just like a new leaf.

Oh god, that sounded cheesy.

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

New leaf certainly has a pull like no other game I've played before. I've just completed 13 months where I checked in every day, sometimes just to harvest the money rock, but at the start it was to fish the river dry, build a museum & create a place where my animal friends could live a peaceful existence. My children adore it, so I'd help their characters get money for the house improvements. But now, even they seem ready to let the weeds grow & our favourite villagers leave for pastures new, so I'm going to let my town start to fall into disrepair...............for I know that one day, I shall return.

gba1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1

#2 gba1989
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts

@Justinps2hero: it's hard having a villager leave especially after a new one settles in. New ones just randomly place their house anywhere where they destroy the order/designs which I had. Maybe I'm being obsessive-compulsive but I just wish there was a move-that-house ordinance.