3DS Gamers who dig Mature games discuss here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

F1Canuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 F1Canuck
Member since 2005 • 1448 Posts

As an "older" gamer who loves different consoles I thought it would be cool to have a thread about more Mature gamers.

I am not a huge Nintendo guy but always liked the portables over the years. Actually Loved the SNES, good times, after that not so much. The DS machines are solid though.

- I wanna see a remake of Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Rogue Spear for GBA. THAT is my kinda game. All the little touches I like were there, bodies stay, little blood, top down, strategy, very cool game.

- I was hoping Nintendo would put it up as a classic on the upcoming 3DS download site.(without censoring it)

- I hope they make a good Military shooter too. The 3D would be neat in a Ghost Recon or Socom perspective.

- Hoping also for more "open" style games, just a little room in a game to flank guys or go a different route, doesn't have to be GTA or anything.

Anyway hoping Metal Gear and Resident Evil will be good. I worry that it all will be dumbed down and censored though, no gore, things disappear etc. I know it can be done some games have done it.

Sad to read Splinter Cell getting really bad previews. Darn it.

Anyway, interested to hear some other points of view or if you have heard about some cool stuff coming.

3DS is a cool machine, the camera is fun too.

PS. maybe a racing game with car damage and a cockpit view too ! in 3D, Kewl.

Cheers 3Ders.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

As an "older" gamer who loves different consoles I thought it would be cool to have a thread about more Mature gamers.

I am not a huge Nintendo guy but always liked the portables over the years. Actually Loved the SNES, good times, after that not so much. The DS machines are solid though.

- I wanna see a remake of Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Rogue Spear for GBA. THAT is my kinda game. All the little touches I like were there, bodies stay, little blood, top down, strategy, very cool game.

- I was hoping Nintendo would put it up as a classic on the upcoming 3DS download site.(without censoring it)

- I hope they make a good Military shooter too. The 3D would be neat in a Ghost Recon or Socom perspective.

- Hoping also for more "open" style games, just a little room in a game to flank guys or go a different route, doesn't have to be GTA or anything.

Anyway hoping Metal Gear and Resident Evil will be good. I worry that it all will be dumbed down and censored though, no gore, things disappear etc. I know it can be done some games have done it.

Anyway, interested to hear some other points of view or if you have heard about some cool stuff coming.

Cheers 3Ders.

F1Canuck
It is not about mature games on nintendo systems. It is about fun. If you want gore and cursing all the time play the hd consoles or wait for the NGP. There are games coming that are rated M like resident evil, metal gear, saints row, hopefully assassins creed, and others. But most games are going to be E for everyone.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Cheers 3Ders.

F1Canuck
Gore is good when the story is dark. Music also needs to be right to set the tone. Chinatown Wars was a solid game. Coolyfett is a mature gamer, but some things kinda make your eyes roll. Mystery Detective games can be good if the tone & feel is right. Like a combination of professor layton & LA Noire might be an immersive new ip. There was the game Limbo that was such a thriller & it was a freaking platformer puzzle game, but when you died youd flitch lol. If Limbo was longer & actually explained itself itself it would be perfect for handhelds. That was a true mature game. In order to have a real mature game you need a good story & character development.
Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
i don't really find "consoles" a mature platform, but that's just me :P must be my pc pride talking lol. anyways, resident evil and mgs 3d is the only 'mature' titles i'm looking forward to at the moment. but when it comes to nintendo platforms, i always keep my mind open since the top quality games aren't mature games at all (icarus, pokemon, mario, zelda, p.layton, etc.)
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts
[QUOTE="Batang_X990"]i don't really find "consoles" a mature platform, but that's just me :P must be my pc pride talking lol. anyways, resident evil and mgs 3d is the only 'mature' titles i'm looking forward to at the moment. but when it comes to nintendo platforms, i always keep my mind open since the top quality games aren't mature games at all (icarus, pokemon, mario, zelda, p.layton, etc.)

Yes Coolyfett is so over the "consoles are better than handhelds" crap that these elitist are always pushing on everyone. When it comes to video games the first thing Coolyfett wants is a good time! The good video game experience. If the experience is bad, then the game sux & a bad review is coming. Like Coolyfett was playing Rayman the other day & was like..."what corny kiddy trash is this?????" Raymen just did not appeal to Coolyfett but gamers are always hyping it. Just another version of Mario & Sackboy. That stuff does not interest Coolyfett.
XprimeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XprimeX
Member since 2006 • 1148 Posts

Hey! Great topic for the older 3ds players! It seems as though at least this year they are trying to cover the mature audience with MGS3 and RE:R, but man I would love to see a 3DS specific Silent Hill game, as well as a new Metroid Prime Hunters game

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="F1Canuck"]

Cheers 3Ders.

WllDan7

It is not about mature games on nintendo systems. It is about fun. If you want gore and cursing all the time play the hd consoles or wait for the NGP. There are games coming that are rated M like resident evil, metal gear, saints row, hopefully assassins creed, and others. But most games are going to be E for everyone.

Correct answer

If you're out for M rated games then a Nintendo handheld isn't the device for you

Nintendo's main demographics are, and have always been, casuals and children so expect a ton of software aimed at them.

The trap a lot of devs get into is that they see a Nintendo system and they realize that it's got all this software catering towards children and casuals and they try to make something for the niche groups. The only problem there is due to the limitations of the platform and the fact that they usually don't have any other games in the genre to look at for guidance they're not very good games.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WllDan7
[QUOTE="WllDan7"][QUOTE="F1Canuck"]

Cheers 3Ders.

Coolyfett

This is very ignorant opinion. Its a really stupid & arrogant thing to say actually. "If you want gore & cursing"?? Man who are you to tell gamers what to play? Are you trying to defend Nintendo or do mature titles offend you? Which is it? Back on topic....There should be specification on mature games & serious games. Handhelds need more serious games which can be FUN for the proper mentality. Nintendo does make stupid little cutesy wutsy games, but there is nothing wrong with wanting some more suited games.

It is ignorant you don't look on my game page. I like games of all kinds. But the games I normally get on nintendo systems are rated E. I have some M rated games for the wii and the ds but not many. The games that are of high quality on nintendo systems are mostly the E games. And E is not just for kids, it is everyone. And the point I was trying to make is that few M games come out on nintendo systems, that is fact. They mostly come out on the other consoles.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="WllDan7"] It is not about mature games on nintendo systems. It is about fun. If you want gore and cursing all the time play the hd consoles or wait for the NGP. There are games coming that are rated M like resident evil, metal gear, saints row, hopefully assassins creed, and others. But most games are going to be E for everyone. Coolyfett

Correct answer

If you're out for M rated games then a Nintendo handheld isn't the device for you

Nintendo's main demographics are, and have always been, casuals and children so expect a ton of software aimed at them.

The trap a lot of devs get into is that they see a Nintendo system and they realize that it's got all this software catering towards children and casuals and they try to make something for the niche groups. The only problem there is due to the limitations of the platform and the fact that they usually don't have any other games in the genre to look at for guidance they're not very good games.

So are you a casual or a child? Which one do you fall under?

I don't buy much of the mainstream games for the DS because I'm not either one of those

I mostly buy niche games and even then most of them don't get near an M rating

The thing is I never expected Nintendo and other devs to make all their games in the genres I'm interested in, when they make whatever casual/children's game I don't get upset. I know that's their core audience and I'm cool with that, then when a dev like Atlus put out a game like Etrian Odyssey I snag that before it goes out of print.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Cheers 3Ders.

F1Canuck

ummm.. the thing with nintendo right now is to show off the 3d...games for gamers like you will be coming later..

Leaky_Taps_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Leaky_Taps_Man
Member since 2010 • 319 Posts

[QUOTE="Batang_X990"]i don't really find "consoles" a mature platform, but that's just me :P must be my pc pride talking lol. anyways, resident evil and mgs 3d is the only 'mature' titles i'm looking forward to at the moment. but when it comes to nintendo platforms, i always keep my mind open since the top quality games aren't mature games at all (icarus, pokemon, mario, zelda, p.layton, etc.)Coolyfett
Yes Coolyfett is so over the "consoles are better than handhelds" crap that these elitist are always pushing on everyone. When it comes to video games the first thing Coolyfett wants is a good time! The good video game experience. If the experience is bad, then the game sux & a bad review is coming. Like Coolyfett was playing Rayman the other day & was like..."what corny kiddy trash is this?????" Raymen just did not appeal to Coolyfett but gamers are always hyping it. Just another version of Mario & Sackboy. That stuff does not interest Coolyfett.

What's with the constant referring to thy self in the third person? Leaky_Taps_Man hates it when people do that.

As for the topic, I can't see too many mature games coming out for the 3DS but the initial signs are positive at least.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I have so many M rated games for all my other systems, but there weren't any at all I wanted for my 3DS at launch. So as it stands right now, the 3DS is my only system that is without M rated games. Hell, the only T rated gave I have is SSFIV. :?
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Nintendo doesn't make games like that. Once and a while a thrid party does, but they usally fail to be very good

pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 pizzamanopenup
Member since 2005 • 1350 Posts

I'm gonna make this as short and sweet as possible: We need a GTA game. It's 100% possible and just as practical. Plus, I'm pretty sure GTA: San Andreas was smaller than 8 gigs.

F1Canuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 F1Canuck

I wasn't at all trying to start a fight about anything. I enjoy Nintendo stuff too. I was just wondering what people who enjoy M games thought.

Nintendo has 3rd party games and with a new system things make go a bit different maybe I dunno, just curious.

They rock games like Zelda n stuff. I wasn't arguing the merits of non-M games. It's all good, games for everyone.

I just thought with 3D they could be a market for interesting games. I never said I wanted over the top gore, that's why I mentioned an old Gameboy Advance game Tom Clancey Rainbow Six Roughe Spear. That was on a Nintendo system, I loved it. I want a new one.

Sorry to cause a hassle I just thought others might be thinking the same thing.

No disrespect.

Cheers. OH and I'm really enjoying 3Ds soccer, good footy with depth of field.

F1Canuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 F1Canuck

GTA Chinawars WAS a great one, how did I forget that.

perfect example of what I meant.

Bring it on.

Cheers for that.

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 joshuarocker
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
I liked chinatown wars but I'm not a fan of the cell shaded graphics, I'd love to see a more reaistic version of the game. The last M rated version on a nintendo console that I can really remember enjoying was RE4. . . . . I don't think I have 1 M rated game on the wii. Thankfully the other 2 companies take care of the adult themed games. With the lineup of games I've seen I'm holding out hopes that there will be some more adult themed games for the 3ds, it will probably all depend on the sales of these initial titles.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

The only ones that I know of is the two Resident Evil games coming out on 3DS.

F1Canuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 F1Canuck

yea, Resident Evil and Metal gear and Splinter Cell. Not sure if the last two are true M games but they are in that vein or style.

I bet they make a GTA game eventually.

The 3DS is a good machine, games look good in 2D also. The last DS was just under powered graphics wise. This one has enough power to do many different things.

Cool.

shocker-x-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 shocker-x-
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts

You know, to be honest we don't know what nintendo will end up doing with the more "mature games" with the 3DS.

Like with the Eshop, Nintendo is fixing all the mistakes and problems they have done in order to give you a much more versitile machine.

With a few games that seem to still have the M edge coming out, it wouldn't surprise me if it outdoes the Wii, DS and even the Gamecube in amount of M games for console. We all just have to wait and see.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
If you're looking for the blood and guts fun, I'm sure it's coming. You can look forward to games like Assassins Creed, Metal Gear Solid 3D, Ninja Gaiden, Resident Evil, Saints Row and much more. For now though, your options are essentially limited to Splinter Cell and Ridge Racer...although you should know that Ridge Racer is an arcade style racer, so don't expect the insane details of the Grand Turismo + Forza series.
F1Canuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 F1Canuck

yea some better racing games like DIRT 3 may make it. The DS had it.

Could be cool.

Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts

Blood, guts, boobs, cussing, drugs, and gritty locales have nothing to do with "mature".

But, yes, I would like some shooters and ish on the DS.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WllDan7

Blood, guts, boobs, cussing, drugs, and gritty locales have nothing to do with "mature".

But, yes, I would like some shooters and ish on the DS.

Harkat95
They dont all completely deal with maturity but they affect ratings of games.
MamaMiia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MamaMiia
Member since 2006 • 582 Posts
I like scary games. On my DS Lite I enjoyed Dementium, Dementium 2, and Theresia.
takspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#29 takspeed
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

GTA Chinawars WAS a great one, how did I forget that.

perfect example of what I meant.

Bring it on.

Cheers for that.

F1Canuck

They should definitely bring back another GTA title, I really enjoyed Chinatown wars.

Another suggestion on the handheld are FPS like maybe DOOM (lol I still have my GBA version of that game) or maybe some third person shooters like Max Payne would be interesting....although the gba version of that wasn't so great

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

Well a good number of my next 3DS purchases are on the mature side, like DOA: Dimensions, RE: The Mercenaries, and RE: Revalations.

F1Canuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 F1Canuck

I don't ususally play Street Fighter but on 3DS this is amazing.

Great little machine.

I remember this game from the old days.

Great programming on this one.

Shows what they could do in the games we're talkin about like GTA etc.

Yea, Mature doesn't always mean negative over the top stuff, it could be a Military shooter, or a storyline, who knows.

Cheers n positive vibes !

F1Canuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 F1Canuck

E3 confirms Nintendo IS going to support some Mature titles.

So that is good news.

sydstoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sydstoner
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

im an older gamer, i own a ps3 and 360. since ive got the 3DS ive remembered one thing about games..... the fun factor..... ive been playing DS games like zelda and new super mario + 3DSstreetfighter 4........ it's the most fun ive had with games for a long time....

iAmAbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 iAmAbel
Member since 2011 • 860 Posts

luigi mansion 2 is hardcore

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

street fighter 4
tekken 3d is coming
doa dimensions
blazblue CS2

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Anyone who 'digs' mature games doesn't mature enough to be playing them in the first place. ;)
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
People are so ignorant noadays. M doesn't actually means a game is mature, just for having lots of blood a game receive an M rating.
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts

im an older gamer, i own a ps3 and 360. since ive got the 3DS ive remembered one thing about games..... the fun factor..... ive been playing DS games like zelda and new super mario + 3DSstreetfighter 4........ it's the most fun ive had with games for a long time....

sydstoner
Almost the same here. I own a PS3, Wii and a 3DS and have noticed the same. Many of today's games have awesome HD graphics effects and sounds but at the same time can't match the fun factor of older games. Some people think it is nostalgia but it isn't.
palo001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 palo001
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i want a game with boobs and babes and shooting too
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I very much approve of the OP- I remember buying R6:RS used for my old GBA- I had to go to gamefaqs to figure out what all the different button combinations were for the various actions. For my part, though, ratings are sort of incidental- I look into the games that suit me regardless of the ratings.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
i want a game with boobs and babes and shooting toopalo001
The mists of the ether are clearing... I see a videogame in your future... WAIT! A name is rising up through the fog... !!! Duke Nukem: Forever.