32gb Wii U Does Not Come in White

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Xplode_77 (3513 posts) -

It's pretty dissapointing if you ask me. I know they are trying to make it really easy to see the difference of a 32gb model and an 8gb model by making the two versions have different colors, but I would love to get a white 32gb. I guess this applies to a black 8gb model as well. Also, why in the world is there not a white 3DS in NA yet? Nintendo is kind of obscure when it comes to color for their consoles I suppose.

Apple makes all of their iPhone gb models both black and white. Nobody gets them confused.

#2 Posted by mariokart64fan (19495 posts) -

who cares its just a color

#3 Posted by Guovssohas (330 posts) -
Yeah it's just a color.
#4 Posted by Kewin86 (53 posts) -

32 sd cards are cheap anyways so i don't think it really matters

#5 Posted by Jaysonguy (37641 posts) -

It's pretty dissapointing if you ask me. I know they are trying to make it really easy to see the difference of a 32gb model and an 8gb model by making the two versions have different colors, but I would love to get a white 32gb. I guess this applies to a black 8gb model as well. Also, why in the world is there not a white 3DS in NA yet? Nintendo is kind of obscure when it comes to color for their consoles I suppose.

Apple makes all of their iPhone gb models both black and white. Nobody gets them confused.

Xplode_77

White is disgusting and few people want it.

One of the biggest complaints from users was the Wii's awful color.

Nintendo learned

#6 Posted by superbuuman (2835 posts) -

hehehe..Im thinking yea they realize people prefer black so they release black colour as premium, bastards!! :P

#7 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8498 posts) -
It's just a color. Doesn't make sense to me to pay extra for color.
#8 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
It's just a color. Doesn't make sense to me to pay extra for color.AutoPilotOn
Not extra but offer the option, black tends to collect dust easier.
#9 Posted by superbuuman (2835 posts) -

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]It's just a color. Doesn't make sense to me to pay extra for color.Fightingfan

Black will match my setup ...atm Wii stands out :P since I won't be buying at launch, I hope when I do buy there is a black colour option for the basic bundle...if there isn't then just have buy the premium bundle.

#10 Posted by Meinhard1 (6769 posts) -
I bought a white Wii at launch, anyways. Getting a black one will be something different.

who cares its just a color

mariokart64fan
I, for one, care. Not as much for the system itself, but definitely for the tablet.
#11 Posted by Jaysonguy (37641 posts) -

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]It's just a color. Doesn't make sense to me to pay extra for color.Fightingfan

No, whatever color it is it collects dust at the same rate

#12 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
If it was neon green or something ridiculous like that I could understand, but black is the standard color for most electronics. So I really don't see how you can complain.
#13 Posted by Xplode_77 (3513 posts) -
That wasn't my question. I was asking how come the basic and deluxe set don't have both black and white versions. My point is, there will not be a white deluxe edition Wii U and there won't be a black basic set at launch.
#14 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
That wasn't my question. I was asking how come the basic and deluxe set don't have both black and white versions. My point is, there will not be a white deluxe edition Wii U and there won't be a black basic set at launch.Xplode_77
And my point was that it doesn't matter.
#15 Posted by zepfya (1205 posts) -

Do you look at the console when you're playing or the tv?

#16 Posted by champofcube15 (1596 posts) -

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I'd prefer a black console simply because my entertainment stand, PS3, and TV is black/silver. My Wii is white and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Of course I still play it and it's not much of a big deal, but for the sake of uniformity (and worthy extras), I preordered the black deluxe set.

#18 Posted by Epak_ (6786 posts) -

Kewin86

Exactly, problem solved. Black one looks better though :P

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Not extra but offer the option, black tends to collect dust easier. Jaysonguy

He probably meant that it's more visible on the black console. Same dust though, good thing to point out :P

#20 Posted by JustPlainLucas (73995 posts) -

zepfya
You look at the console every time you turn the machine on or put a game in . Aesthetics do matter to people, especially when they have other systems or electronics of a certain color. There's a reason why they make systems in different colors.... Anyway TC, just buy a 32 gig card... or better yet, buy a cheap external HDD that has far more room than any SD card.
#21 Posted by Bangerman15 (1977 posts) -
the black system looks cooler and the gamepad looks alot better in black IMO
#22 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8498 posts) -
I wish you could choose colors. But I was gonna get black deluxe anyways lol
#23 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]It's just a color. Doesn't make sense to me to pay extra for color.Jaysonguy

You know Albert Einstein once said, "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler".
#24 Posted by OmegaFM (4 posts) -

Do I watch at the console while playing? No.

Do I see the outside of my car while driving it? No.

But I hope you got the point.

#25 Posted by Vickman178 (1035 posts) -

I wanted a white one and would have gotten it if the black one wasn't such a better deal. That black gamepad is going to be so full of fingerprint grease its going to drive me nuts. I have a black wii pro controller and it pisses me off to see all the fingerprint grease! lol!!

#26 Posted by blueydwlf (385 posts) -

I wanted a white one and would have gotten it if the black one wasn't such a better deal. That black gamepad is going to be so full of fingerprint grease its going to drive me nuts. I have a black wii pro controller and it pisses me off to see all the fingerprint grease! lol!!

Vickman178
I wanted the black console but I definitely know what you mean about the fingerprints and grease. Every so often I have to thoroughly clean of my black CCP because it both looks horrible and feels grimey.
#27 Posted by scoots9 (3197 posts) -

zepfya

Do I watch at the console while playing? No.

Do I see the outside of my car while driving it? No.

But I hope you got the point.

OmegaFM

I don't really care about the color, but it does make a difference. The color of the system dictates the color of the controller, which, as it has a screen on it, you have to look at.

#28 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1352 posts) -

When I read the title of this topic I just said NO DUH outloud lol. All though I agree. I wanted a White Deluxe since everything is already Black, TV Xbox, Computer, so forth. I wanted a white Wii U cause it stands out more and grabs your attention more. And as Reggie said their goal is to make you want to touch the Wii U every day and play every day. I got the Black Deluxe though. I dont hate Black I just would have liked a White Deluxe lol.

#29 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

99 cent can of white spray paint

#30 Posted by SNESMaster420 (1335 posts) -

I preordered a white one. Does anyone know if the white one is a matte finish or is it glossy like the black one? The only thing reason I got a white one, is because I had a black Wii and you could see the dust on that sucker from a mile away and it drove me crazy. Also, the fingerprints will be tougher to notice on the white pad if it is glossy.

#31 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -

They limited the color options to produce more units quickly. The more options you have the slower the production process is, unless you open way more plants. They had to do this to get more systems out at launch. That's why the Wii was only white when it first came out. At least we get 2 options. I prefer black and that's what I preoredered but then again I did own a purple Gamecube so color isn't that big of a deal for me.

#32 Posted by Megavideogamer (5407 posts) -

Not at this time. But you can upgrade the memory using the SD cards slot. a 24GB SD card you will need if you want 32GB in a white Wii U.

#33 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4713 posts) -
I think they should ship the 8GB basic without an HDMI cable and include A/V. It's marketed towards the lower end consumer anyway who may or may not have an HDTV
#34 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4713 posts) -

Not at this time. But you can upgrade the memory using the SD cards slot. a 24GB SD card you will need if you want 32GB in a white Wii U.

Megavideogamer
No one sells or manufactures 24GB SD Cards. Better off cramming 4 32GB USB drives into it and having 136GB Wii U Or USB HDD
#35 Posted by sum_guy09 (482 posts) -

i was originally planning on getting it in white because its more nintendo'y & its fresh.. all my other electronics are already black, but then i figured if im gonna be staring down at the controller all the time then id rather make it easier on the eyes, so black it is. plus that deluxe deal was hard to pass up ;)

#36 Posted by tocool340 (20510 posts) -
That's fine. I prefer black anyways...
#37 Posted by tocool340 (20510 posts) -

99 cent can of white spray paint

goblaa
Followed by a void in warranty if any of the paint get inside the system...:P
#38 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9788 posts) -
wouldn't that be a production challenge? It's an easy one but they are struggling with all kinds of issues right now and so piling on color variety hardly seems like a priority. When the initial hype dies down they will be able to make multiple colors. Of course if the console becomes intensely popular it might be like the wii and they won't be able to offer multiple colors for a long time. Bottom line is that they want to get as many machines into the market as they can, and in the shortest period of time.
#40 Posted by ekalbtwin (1044 posts) -
I was hoping for a grey and black one at launch but really, if you are that into a certain color or look, just mod it. There are a bunch of sick looking Wii consoles. Just google it.
#41 Posted by Ghost-inZeShell (3119 posts) -

I don't care for Jet Black consoles, especially when they're shiny enough to show EVERY fingerprint and speck of dust.

#42 Posted by Ghost-inZeShell (3119 posts) -

By spring, I would like to see some other colors to choose from, like Orange Spice, or GC Purple.

#43 Posted by mariokart64fan (19495 posts) -

i have a red white blue and a black wii lol im sure colors will come later

#44 Posted by jeremiah06 (7169 posts) -
Black fits in nicely with my ps3, ps2, pc, and sound system... It was weird to have a white system in the first place...
#45 Posted by jeremiah06 (7169 posts) -

Kewin86
But you can't put wiiu save data on it...