3 DS Parental Control - how to delete?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aeerith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aeerith
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Well, today I received my 3DS from some guy, its not new. Everything is all right, but 3DS has Parental Control - I dont know PIN, and this guy too (he wrote in info in Internet, that he had never used options, so it protect him ;/ ), also i havent receipt (full 3DS, instructions, and other stuff). Is there any way i can delete or reset Parental Control without receipt ?
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I have no idea but I doubt it. If you could, the parental control would be of no use :s

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Is there not a way to reset absolutely everything in the system settings? Perhaps that could be key to removing the Parental lock.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ts_settings.jsp?menu=parental%20controls&submenu=ctr-ts-settings-parental-controls-forgot Good luck :).
Aeerith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aeerith
1. To reset all settings I need Parental Control code, cause its blocked. 2. Calling from Poland to GB will cost a lot and I am not sure that they will help me.
KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

Without knowing the PIN you're not going to get far. You can either try contacting Nintendo and see if they can help or try getting your money back from who you got it from.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
[QUOTE="Aeerith"]1. To reset all settings I need Parental Control code, cause its blocked. 2. Calling from Poland to GB will cost a lot and I am not sure that they will help me.

What was wrong with the link I provided above? It's straight from the Nintendo website and it looked like it walks you through all the steps you need. Since I don't have a 3DS obviously I can't generate a PIN and see what happens next but if they won't take e-mail and insist on a phone call then that's what you're going to have to do. I don't know about Europe but if North America is toll free (or it was ~5 years ago) there's a fair chance you can call their European office for free.
Aeerith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aeerith
Yea! I did it. I was able to chat online and I just had wrote my code and received Master Key! If Chat is off wait till they turn it on! It works!
Agarrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Agarrick
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I was wondering how you did you reset the 3ds. I'm having the same issue?
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#10 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
I was wondering how you did you reset the 3ds. I'm having the same issue? Agarrick
Reformat, I guess? Anyway, maybe replacing the SD card gets rid of the PIN, if it's stored there. (Note the if).
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
The parental lock wont have anything to do with the SD card. Would be far too easy to navigate around.
Megalith135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Megalith135
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Just got my parental controls reset successfully in under 5 minutes! Step1 - Go to this link --> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ts_settings.jsp?menu=parental%20controls&submenu=ctr-ts-settings-parental-controls-forgot#nextStep Step2 - Follow the instructions to get an inquiry key. Step3 - Enter the inquiry key into the field at the bottom of the webpage and click continue. Step4 - You can either choose to call or chat with Nintendo Support. I chose chat myself so I would recommend you do the same. Step5 - The Chat Support agent gave me a master code which I entered into my DS and it reset the parental controls.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
Just format the 3DS, that's what I did when i got mine (since it had been previously used, although apparently only to play PKM White for a minute)