1 Nintendo release a month for 2015

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

source

Only a rumor but Nintendo plans on releasing 1 game per month for 2015. It would be picking up the pace considering they are usually a 2-3 months between releases. I'm glad they are doing this. If they have to be the ones to carry the console alone they are proving they are up to the task.

Remasters are apparently in the works too. Which ones would you guys like to see the most?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ill believe it when i see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I hope so.

As for remasters I would pick up skyward sword in a heartbeat if they fixed the item pickups and FI, and added high res textures among other things, and 1080p.

Beyond that i'd like a paper mario and ttyd remaster.. and that's about it, I want new games.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

This

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Since it doesn't look like Nintendo will ever make another new dark Zelda game anytime soon; I would love for a remaster of either Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or Twilight Princess.

I would also love a remaster of Mario Kart 64 with online play since I really want to play a great Mario Kart battle mode online and Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 both screwed up their battle modes.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

1 game every month? Sounds too good to be true...But then again...

Let's see....Captain Toad (UK), Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby and The Rainbow's Curse, Mario Party 10, Xenoblade Chronicles X...That's 6 games. Assuming they'd be ready for release, that would be enough to hold Nintendo until E3 2015 where they could give off more info on other games.

E3 2015 could have Zelda U, Starfox, Fire EmblemXShin Megemi Tensei and maybe some new games like Metroid, Animal Crossing, (They confirmed that one was in development since January 2014), Pokemon, F-Zero and more....It's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Personally, I'd rather Nintendo take their time with the games. (especially Zelda U) I know the Wii U needs the games...But I don't want the games to be rushed. The quality could deteriorate.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

^This..will believe it when I see it. :P

Tho I hope its not Xenoblade Chronicles remastered ..here have a remaster ..we also now have to tell you that Xenoblade Chronicles X have been push back again to 2016. Please understand. >_<

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bunchanumbers

I think it might be the Xenosaga trilogy. They already have character models that look similar (Xenoblade X features similar character models and backgrounds. Shouldn't be a big stretch to use that engine to remake the original trilogy in HD) and BN said they would like to revisit the trilogy. If this is the case it would be a huge move for Nintendo.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

This is more of an expectation for me at this point. Seems like a lot of big games got pushed to 2015 (for gaming in general, not just Nintendo). 2014 got a little shafted.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Ehhhh, skeptical. If a lot of remasters are planned I guess they could do it. Maybe one of them is Majora's Mask?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

The article doesn't seem to specify which platform. So this could be spread between Wii U and 3DS

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Put no faith in rumors. I'd like it to be true, but I'm disregarding it until official announcements start rolling.

As for remasters, I'd like to see Majora's Mask and F-Zero GX. GX still holds up really well for its age. Sega did a phenomenal job with it. It's criminal that the game didn't sell well.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nothing but click bait

Not even close to being real

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Click bait phony, thats what you are numbers.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bunchanumbers

@farrell2k: Actually its their biggest group developing the game yet. I don't quite remember but I think the development team is in the 200+ people area.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

but anything thats actually good or worth buying?

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YearoftheSnake5

@farrell2k said:

@pikachudude860 said:

Personally, I'd rather Nintendo take their time with the games. (especially Zelda U) I know the Wii U needs the games...But I don't want the games to be rushed. The quality could deteriorate.

Or they could just put more people on their projects.

The Mongolian Horde Theory doesn't work. Software development is not a mechanical process and simply throwing bodies at it won't make it go faster. You need a certain(adequate) number of people for your project, otherwise you wind up with more hands than there are problems to solve and you waste money.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PikachuDude860

@farrell2k: What @YearoftheSnake5: said.

Plus having lots of people could lead to errors in the game's development. Too many heads in one place. Too many chances for one person to make a mistake.

Slow and steady wins the race.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 YearoftheSnake5

@pikachudude860:

There tends to be a system to track who does what. Where I work uses a ticketing system where project leads divy up with workload. Finished tickets are archived and can be referenced in case something goes wrong. As long as the project is properly coordinated, issues tend to stay contained to a certain area and who needs to be notified is clear. Local copies of the project are downloaded to a developers desktop, and only files that are different from the main, server copy are uploaded when a developer finishes what they're working on. Changes made by others can be checked out after they're uploaded, keeping local copies up to date. A developer can build and run the project for themselves to make sure their change doesn't break the build. If a build is totally busted for some reason, we can go back to a previous version and observe what files were changed, if the ticketing system and output console don't give us the answers we need.

From my experience, errors occurring due to a large development team haven't been an issue. At least not yet. If anything, dealing with all the egos and different personalities is a bigger challenge.

zodiark_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zodiark_spark
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Would love if this happened.

my personal favourite for a remaster would have to be twilight princess loved that game would love to see it with upgraded visuals would be amazing, also a 3d remastered Mario would be nice to like super Mario sunshine or any of the galaxy games.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

super princess peach.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I doubt it. I've seen this rumor before and Nintendo doesn't have that kind of output capability.

I'd love if it were true though, but I'm pretty certain it's not going to happen. I've been with Nintendo since NES, actually before the NES existed as I owned their games on Atari and played them in the arcades.

Their 1st party games never demonstrated the ability to release a game a month rapid fire before, at least in the retail space.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Would be good if it happened, as of now, I'm not seeing it happening. Also, what happens after those are all released? Drought?

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PikachuDude860

@YearoftheSnake5: Huh. I never knew it worked like that. That's very interesting. It's smart too. When I'm working on stuff, one mistake in coding can mess everything up and I wouldn't know how to fix it. Having several copies that everyone can download and work around is a great idea.

My only concern with a large dev team is...The game itself. The level design, the AI, the music, the story, etc, etc. Some person may look at someting and think it's perfect, and some other guy may think it sucks. Who has the final say? Samebody had to realize that Sonic 06 was full of glithches. (Unless it was Sega's fault)

I bet Nintendo must have every thing in order.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#27 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Twelve Nintendo games is very many for the current Nintendo and the effort to make this come true would be appreciated. Hopefully, Nintendo's known standards of quality would not be affected by the increased output. As of now, I am not expecting it to occur, but I welcome twelve pleasant surprises.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 YearoftheSnake5

@pikachudude860:

Your lead, or the customer, has the final say. If something irks you about someone's approach to a part of the project, it's best to communicate that concern with the programmer directly. Sometimes, it's just a misunderstanding about the implementation. If you think it could be done better, offer suggestions to the person how to improve it. Having a visual representation of your changes can really get your point across, so offering to demo the changes you suggest on your own local copy can help turn the person around.

Any number of things could have led to Sonic '06 being the trash that it was. The game didn't seem finished. I was on one project where the customer didn't have a clue what they wanted, gave us bad docs that we needed to correct, provided us with a ludicrously short amount of development time, and, as a result, the end product wasn't worth a damn. It wasn't that we didn't try. None of us wanted to make a bad product. We just did the best we could with the circumstances we were under.

Nintendo has had its share of problems. Most recently with the transition to HD development.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PikachuDude860

@YearoftheSnake5: That's interesting. I guess the best thing to do is work as a team and don't be afraid to voice your concerns. I'll have to remember that. Thanks.

Maybe Sonic '06 was just rushed. The Sonic Adventure games were great, so Sonic '06 could of been fantastic. Both games are similar.

That's why you have to respect the fact that Nintendo always knows excatly what their doing with their first party IPs. And they always give a LOT of polish. They have everything in order. Just have fun and make the games.

Live and learn. Nintendo will get it eventually.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@pikachudude860 said:

1 game every month? Sounds too good to be true...But then again...

Let's see....Captain Toad (UK), Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby and The Rainbow's Curse, Mario Party 10, Xenoblade Chronicles X...That's 6 games. Assuming they'd be ready for release, that would be enough to hold Nintendo until E3 2015 where they could give off more info on other games.

E3 2015 could have Zelda U, Starfox, Fire EmblemXShin Megemi Tensei and maybe some new games like Metroid, Animal Crossing, (They confirmed that one was in development since January 2014), Pokemon, F-Zero and more....It's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm dying for a new console Metroid.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

Since it doesn't look like Nintendo will ever make another new dark Zelda game anytime soon; I would love for a remaster of either Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or Twilight Princess.

i would love for all the 3D Zelda to receive HD remakes! i've never played a Zelda game before so the wii-u versions would be my first time. don't own a wii-u yet i've been thinking about buying one for Wind Waker, Bayonetta 2 and a few other games ect. if i knew Nintendo was a making more HD remake of the 3D Zelda i would buy wii-u to play them!