Alright I got an hour to kill(The Vita thread)

• 138 results
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

Also in relation to the Gamecube and N64; dont think that just because something isn't as good a proposition as its competitors that its a BAD product. I loved a lot of games on the gamecube, and the gamecube was a great machine, but Nintendo obviously messed up with it big time. It nearly killed them.

But you don't post bad about them because you're a fanboy right? :twisted:

Nintendo was just fine btw, they actually made a profit on the GC and their handheld market was still booming.

The thread is about Vita. If we want to play fanboys you can feel free to post a 3DS thread and i'll tell you exactlly why that sucks too.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

The thread is about Vita. If we want to play fanboys you can feel free to post a 3DS thread and i'll tell you exactlly why that sucks too. Ninja-Hippo

3DS sucks cause it didn't sell as well as the DS, Nintendo doesn't understand the market. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

You have to completely tank to be out of touch with the market? What arbitrary ruling is this? It's not possible to sell a decent number of units and stay in business and still kinda screw up? You can be a millionaire businessman and still be a failure compared to that billionaire businessman who came up with a better idea than you.

It is going around in a circle, for sure, so not much point in continuing on. Clearly just a simple difference of opinion. People dont want what Sony's sellin'. Feel free to think otherwise.

Ninja-Hippo

Because at least if it was just the PS3 you would have a point, but the handheld market? The Vita just launched, how about we wait a year before we say it hasn't been a success for sony. The PSP on the other hand was their first try into that market, and the first time anyone want toe to toe with nintendo and actually make some impact. The hardware sales speak for themselves. As for competing with the iphone. The first part about competing with that is being a phone. Which neither handheld company did with their devices, and nor should they.

We could wait a couple years, sure, but your first post in this thread echoes my exact sentiments; 'what's the purpose?'. That's exactly their problem; they're making and selling something which provokes an initial reaction of 'why would anyone want one of those?' and i think that's what really drives my impression that they just don't know what they're doing.

As for 'nor should they' i think that's exactly what they should be doing. I think they should look at abandoning hardware altogether and building software platforms that can exist on a whole bunch of devices easily powerful enough to play decent games.

Yeah but my sentiments on handheld are me going "handhelds are lame" not exactly a serious critique : P Only reason I butted in this thread was because of the whole "why are you all against my opinion, and crying" victim routine. **** was gay Other wise lol handheld discussions. As for software services I wouldn't call that a best route for either. Both of em make their bread on the hardware, and the software they can sell through that hardware. Just flat out abandoning it isn't even remotely a decent option for Nintendo. I'd imagine the backlash on their stocks alone would warrant them not making a move like that.

As for Sony it would have been a waste of all the work they did with the PSP to have some solid footing in the market. If they made any real **** ups its

1- Not aiming for a lower pricetag(both companies)
2- Aiming for retail prices that are 40+. That just doesn't sound ideal.
3- The memory thing(Vita) Other wise the Vita is some damn good tech, and just needs a game lineup to make it appealing to a larger audience.

Although sure I guess Sony is more likely to get away with pulling out of this market on a hardware front. But Nintendo flat out can't.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]The thread is about Vita. If we want to play fanboys you can feel free to post a 3DS thread and i'll tell you exactlly why that sucks too. 110million

3DS sucks cause it didn't sell as well as the DS, Nintendo doesn't understand the market.

That doesn't even make sense. For one, i've never said the Vita sucks. I'm sure it's an enjoyable machine to play games on. Two, i haven't mentioned the Vita's sales at all because it just came out, i'm merely using its similarity to the mistakes made with the PS3 to make a point that Sony don't seem to know what they're doing. The 3DS sucks for a whole host of other reasons mostly down to the thing itself, rather than its appeal.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Ninja-Hippo

Champ, that last post was weak. The only reference i had made to others and their reaction to my post prior to your entry detailing the huge extent to which i am a dumbass was: 'When did we turn into blubbering vaginas, guys? Let's address two of your salty tears right off the bat:' Hardly a serious piece of sadness at people being 'against my opinion' is it? Nothing like the 'crying and playing the victim' that you're trying to make it out to be.

It's a forum thread about a handheld. If anyone cares enough to even move a facial muscle their life priorities need reviewing. Any comment i made in reference to butt hurtedness was also not at all levelled simply because people disagree with me; that'd be childish. Rather, it was in response to the general reactio of 'oh my god, how could you possibly be that stupid?'

I don't have any beef with people disagreeing with me, i merely dismissed those acting like one personal negative opinion of the vita was the dumbest, most offensive thing they had read that day as blubbering over sensitivity.

You used to be good at trolling.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jg4xchamp
That is a lie. I never trolled. It was a whiny post. No one was mad like you made it out to be either. They called you stupid. Which is like GUFU 101, and you did your whole "why you all vaginas blah blah". So I commented, and you kept going with the routine. Although sure I wasn't exactly frowning on the idea of another FireEmblem/Animalmother scenario.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Ninja-Hippo

Never said mad. Said butthurt. Said blubbering. Said vaginas. All applicable to GUFU in general.

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

You used to be good at trolling.

jg4xchamp
That is a lie.

Aight then.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 jg4xchamp
mad, butthurt, blubbering vagina..same difference.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#109 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

PS3 has good sales and games.

PSP has good sales and games.

Vita has been out for a week and is the sexiest piece of gaming hardware, having released at the same price point as it's competitor.

Not seeing it.

All I expect from a system I buy is games, I don't give all this crap about 'oh but their not $3 like iPhone games' or 'dedicated gaming isn't what people want'. The 3DS and Vita have games I want and have more games I want coming out. Why the **** would I care about anything else?

Also this.

Didn't buy a lot of them when they came out cause UMD sucks and expensive, but now a lot of $10-20 games that look and play better. Atlus needs to drop their prices though.

110million

But there's a difference between "good" and expected. I'll concede the PSP because it was a new entry to the market and was up against a hell of a competitor (although I'd argue it could've done much better), but the PS3 was obviously a major disappointment. Sony expected to print money, not lose it for years and then struggle against two GameCubes duct-taped together and a more expensive, less reliable competitor with weaker hardware.

It's great that you enjoy it and all, but I don't think anyone was arguing that you couldn't/wouldn't? The issue is that selling to a niche of 20-30 million "hardcore" gamers can't possibly be what Sony had in mind for the Vita.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#110 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I have no idea why Ninja's comments are being taken like he promised to personally rape each and every one of your pets (twice), because, uh, of course Sony is completely out of touch with the market? Their strategy this gen has literally been "throw sh*t at the wall and hope it sticks". That doesn't mean they're doomed to failure or that they can't come up with some good ideas, but I don't get how you can look at the PS3, PSP and Vita and say "yep, there's a company that knows what it's doing".

Slow_Show

Seriously.

People need to relax and take a couple breaths. 

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Ninja-Hippo
The best thing about this thread is that it has given me the gift of 'Jeez man, it's not like i'm threatening to rape your pets!' which i intend to use in as many arguments as possible from hereon out.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#112 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

And people say the GUFU Gamespot forums are dead.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#115 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
Well Sony DID enter this gen with the mentality that "oh the PS2 was very successful, therefore the PS3 will be too!".
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 110million
[QUOTE="110million"]

Ninja-Hippo

That doesn't even make sense..

Backing up to the root of the problem in this thread. Everyone thinks they are micheal pachter, and no one wants to be micheal pachter, not even micheal pacther.

I don't even know why I'm arguing, I ****ing hate talking about sales and market share and all that jazz. I know it matters for the future of gaming, but it's not like we can influence it. As long as games come out for 'failed' and 'out of touch' systems, none of this matters in the slightest to me. I guess in reality I'm not arguing about sales, but about the lolworthy statements. 

Vita is already dead. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 jg4xchamp
Micheal Pachter makes money for trolling gamers. That's kind of awesome. Thus Pachter is awesome.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Ninja-Hippo

"Realistically, I think a lot of people can see it's technically a great system, but people just don't have the cash to shell out for the same game twice. A lot will be waiting for a true system seller before taking the plunge, or, more likely, be happier continuing to pay 69p for dozens of mobile games.

"The market has changed," the source concluded.

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/PlayStation+Vita/news.asp?c=38346

Me and my crackpot opinions.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 110million
If the solution was to make some iPhone rip off with 99 cent games, then that would be dooming the gaming industry anyways. :lol:
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Ninja-Hippo
I dont think they're advocating an iPhone rip-off, more the lack of producing any portable dedicated gaming hardware at all.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 110million

Well I don't like that idea, and considering the amount of games the failure of the PSP had that I loved, I hope nothing changes. :D

Honestly, if the handheld gaming market dies, the people have spoken. So far, the Vita isn't spelling doom and the 3DS is doing amazingly well in Japan. Until a couple of years pass, there is no way to know how much people still want dedicated gaming devices. If they can survive through this gen when iPhone gaming is in such a huge boom, hopefully people stop comparing them.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Ninja-Hippo

Good for you, million. Good for you.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 110million
Hopefully Vita and 3DS sell as well as the iPhone to prove that Nintendo and Sony understand the handheld gaming market. ;)
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#125 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

"A lot will be waiting for a true system seller before taking the plunge, or, more likely, be happier continuing to pay 69p for dozens of mobile games."

**** games on phones. Until they have proper controls games I will never be a dedicated phone gamer.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 jg4xchamp
I dont think they're advocating an iPhone rip-off, more the lack of producing any portable dedicated gaming hardware at all. Ninja-Hippo
Which again isn't really a plausible alternative for one company, and not in any way in the best interest for the other.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#127 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Congratulations, ya'll turned this into SW. Good job, children.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 110million

Stevo_the_gamer

Yeah, I do the same thing in system wars. Call out stupid or innacurate comments, regardless of platform preference. ;)  

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

110million

Yeah, I do the same thing in system wars

Bit*h and moan? I don't see you do that in SW because I don't see you post there, but I do see you do that on gufuyourself. It's a recurring theme. >.>

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Micheal Pachter makes money for trolling gamers. That's kind of awesome. Thus Pachter is awesome. jg4xchamp
Indeed, I am jelly.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 110million

[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Yeah, I do the same thing in system wars

Bit*h and moan? I don't see you do that in SW because I don't see you post there, but I do see you do that on gufuyourself. It's a recurring theme. >.>

80% of my posts are in SW, at least.

I don't go after any particular topics, I look for genuine stupidity, like in this thread. So yes, it is like in SW.  

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

110million

Yeah, I do the same thing in system wars. Call out stupid or innacurate comments, regardless of platform preference. ;)

Wait.... you were being serious this whole time? Yikes... awkward...
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 110million

Wait.... you were being serious this whole time? Yikes... awkward...Ninja-Hippo

I don't see how that statement gave you that idea. Whether I do that on SW or not would not change anything would it?

What's awkward is having personal grudges agaisnt a company as if they killed your dog. ;)  

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#134 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Micheal Pachter makes money for trolling gamers. That's kind of awesome. Thus Pachter is awesome. jg4xchamp

Six figures at that. Probably more now.

So jelly. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Micheal Pachter makes money for trolling gamers. That's kind of awesome. Thus Pachter is awesome. The_Game21x

Six figures at that. Probably more now.

So jelly. 

6 figures for a CPA vs 6 figures for trolling. I made the wrong decision.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Ninja-Hippo

What's awkward is having personal grudges agaisnt a company as if they killed your dog. ;)

110million
Where was this demonstrated anywhere? :lol: And if i say you're being a ridiculously over sensitive vagina will champ yell at me some more? Wowsers.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="110million"]

Ninja-Hippo

Where was this demonstrated anywhere? :lol: And if i say you're being a ridiculously over sensitive vagina will champ yell at me some more? Wowsers.

Who was yelling? I just called you an idiot. That's standard for my routine.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 110million
[QUOTE="110million"]

Ninja-Hippo

Where was this demonstrated anywhere? :lol:  

See, that's what I wondered when you made the comment about me being serious. ;)  

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Ninja-Hippo
Million i aint gonna lie, i'm not sure what we're even talking about any more.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 110million
I forgot a few posts ago too. I don't even have anything against you, and I think Sony has made plenty of stupid descisions in general, so we can call it quits.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="110million"]

jg4xchamp

Who was yelling? I just called you an idiot. That's standard for my routine.

My irony senses are tingling!
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#142 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Holy crap, looks like this thread went on for a while, brb.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#143 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I forgot a few posts ago too. I don't even have anything against you, and I think Sony has made plenty of stupid descisions in general, so we can call it quits.110million
*throws a ball of yellow snow at Million* He did it! *Points to Ninja* Go, go, go!! fight!!!