NFL: Who is the Most Valuable Player? Brady, Manning, Peterson or RG3?

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
  1. Manning
  2. Peterson
  3. Brady
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
1. Peterson 2. Brady
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

Still more football to be played, but imma say Manning. What he's done after comin back from surgery is crazy.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50588 Posts

You guys tell me what I should use when deciding who is mvp then ill decide. People have different definitions.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#6 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

AP as he plays the more physically demanding position out of the others. Imo of course. I'll quote myself from another thread as it's got some eye candy. Edited of course.

[spoiler]

ap.gif_____ 1,600 yds.

ap2.gif_____ Long 82 yds.

ap3.gif_____ 64 1DN

ap4.gif_____ 6.0 YDS/A

ap5.gif_____ 123.0 YDS/G

Namgis

[/spoiler]

ap6.gif

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
AP
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#8 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

You guys tell me what I should use when deciding who is mvp then ill decide. People have different definitions.

Chutebox
This. Is MVP the most important player to their team, or the best all around player?
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

what about Luck?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Brady shouldn't even be on that list, the year he went down the Pats still went 11-5 with freakin Matt Cassell. I would Split it between Manning and AP while RG3 would be the runner up!!

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Brady shouldn't even be on that list, the year he went down the Pats still went 11-5 with freakin Matt Cassell.

MarcRecon
Yep, plus all the weapons he has at his disposal.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I'm a huge Brady fan, but I'd give it to AP or Manning this year considering the circumstances
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
AP
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
Unless the Vikings make the playoffs, it's Manning.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 monkeytoes61

Brady shouldn't even be on that list, the year he went down the Pats still went 11-5 with freakin Matt Cassell. I would Split it between Manning and AP while RG3 would be the runner up!!

MarcRecon
That means the Patriots have phenomenal depth at all 21 other positions, not that Brady isn't the key to them winning championships.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

MarcRecon
You mean, way back in 2008?
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Robert Griffin even mentioned is a disgrace and an insult to the other candidates.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

I don't even know where to begin with the anti-Brady arguments, but i'll try

MarcRecon

Brady shouldn't be considered for MVP because his team was succesful with Matt Cassel at QB, but Manning should while his team made the playoffs last year with Tim freaking Tebow? How does that make any sense at all? Do you realize that Cassel was leading a roster still mostly in-tact that had gone 16-0 the previous year? Do you realize Cassel's best year has actually come outside of New England in 2010, when he had a QBR of 93 and lead the Chiefs to the playoffs?

That means the Patriots have phenomenal depth at all 21 other positions, not that Brady isn't the key to them winning championships. monkeytoes61
Did you watch earlier this year when the apparently terrible Russell Wilson torched our secondary to the tune of 293 yards and 3 TDs? Did you watch last year when Brady led the league's 31st ranked defense to the verge of a Super Bowl? Have you noticed the fact that we've seen signing guys off the street and our practice squad to play at Wide Receiver? Have you noticed how suddenly players like Randy Moss, Deion Branch, David Patten, David Givens, etc have fallen off after leaving the team?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]Brady shouldn't even be on that list, the year he went down the Pats still went 11-5 with freakin Matt Cassell. I would Split it between Manning and AP while RG3 would be the runner up!!

Boston_Boyy

Brady shouldn't be considered for MVP because his team was succesful with Matt Cassel at QB, but Manning should while his team made the playoffs last year with Tim freaking Tebow? How does that make any sense at all? Do you realize that Cassel was leading a roster still mostly in-tact that had gone 16-0 the previous year? Do you realize Cassel's best year has actually come outside of New England in 2010, when he had a QBR of 93 and lead the Chiefs to the playoffs?

That means the Patriots have phenomenal depth at all 21 other positions, not that Brady isn't the key to them winning championships. monkeytoes61
Did you watch earlier this year when the apparently terrible Russell Wilson torched our secondary to the tune of 293 yards and 3 TDs? Did you watch last year when Brady led the league's 31st ranked defense to the verge of a Super Bowl? Have you noticed the fact that we've seen signing guys off the street and our practice squad to play at Wide Receiver? Have you noticed how suddenly players like Randy Moss, Deion Branch, David Patten, David Givens, etc have fallen off after leaving the team?

Look dude, I'm not trying to get into it with you about Brady...this is an open forum and we are all entitled to our opinion. Now, you talked about how guys have fallen off who have left the team which kinda feeds into my point, what would happen if Brady left the team?

The Patriots have a great coach and an awsome football program so the same thing that you said about the other players who left could also be applied to brady.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Brady is the only correct answer

If it's anything else I suggest you learn about the NFL (NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE) and what it actually means to be MVP of the league

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

It's AP, RGIII deserves some consideration from the voters because his QB rating is off the charts good and this man is a rookie. He's only thrown 4 INT, while Andrew Luck is a turnover machine. He won't win but he deserves the talk.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]Brady shouldn't be considered for MVP because his team was succesful with Matt Cassel at QB, but Manning should while his team made the playoffs last year with Tim freaking Tebow? How does that make any sense at all? Do you realize that Cassel was leading a roster still mostly in-tact that had gone 16-0 the previous year? Do you realize Cassel's best year has actually come outside of New England in 2010, when he had a QBR of 93 and lead the Chiefs to the playoffs?

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]That means the Patriots have phenomenal depth at all 21 other positions, not that Brady isn't the key to them winning championships. MarcRecon

Look dude, I'm not trying to get into it with you about Brady...this is an open forum and we are all entitled to our opinion. Now, you talked about how guys have fallen off who have left the team which kinda feeds into my point, what would happen if Brady left the team?

The Patriots have a great coach and an awsome football program so the same thing that you said about the other players who left could also be applied to brady.

Well possibly, I don't think anyone denies Belichick helps Brady, but it's not like he was an overwhelmingly great coach before Brady came along. Going 36-44 in Cleveland, and 5-11 in his first year with the Patriots. Not to suggest he's not a great coach, even the greatest need talent, but I think it's pretty clear it's not some sort of offense where they can plug anyone in and not suffer diminished performance. I'm also still curious to know how Brady should be inegliable due to the fact that Cassel (who as mentioned earlier, has had a very good season outside of New England) went 11-5, while Peyton Manning should when he took over a team that went 7-4 in games Tim Tebow started last year.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]Did you watch earlier this year when the apparently terrible Russell Wilson torched our secondary to the tune of 293 yards and 3 TDs? Did you watch last year when Brady led the league's 31st ranked defense to the verge of a Super Bowl? Have you noticed the fact that we've seen signing guys off the street and our practice squad to play at Wide Receiver? Have you noticed how suddenly players like Randy Moss, Deion Branch, David Patten, David Givens, etc have fallen off after leaving the team?

Boston_Boyy

Well possibly, I don't think anyone denies Belichick helps Brady, but it's not like he was an overwhelmingly great coach before Brady came along. Going 36-44 in Cleveland, and 5-11 in his first year with the Patriots. Not to suggest he's not a great coach, even the greatest need talent, but I think it's pretty clear it's not some sort of offense where they can plug anyone in and not suffer diminished performance. I'm also still curious to know how Brady should be inegliable due to the fact that Cassel (who as mentioned earlier, has had a very good season outside of New England) went 11-5, while Peyton Manning should when he took over a team that went 7-4 in games Tim Tebow started last year.

Hey man, let's honor the TC and stay on topic I just express my opinion and you responded with yours so I'll leave it at that.:)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
1: Tom Brady 2: Peyton Manning 3: Adrian Peterson
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]Well possibly, I don't think anyone denies Belichick helps Brady, but it's not like he was an overwhelmingly great coach before Brady came along. Going 36-44 in Cleveland, and 5-11 in his first year with the Patriots. Not to suggest he's not a great coach, even the greatest need talent, but I think it's pretty clear it's not some sort of offense where they can plug anyone in and not suffer diminished performance. I'm also still curious to know how Brady should be inegliable due to the fact that Cassel (who as mentioned earlier, has had a very good season outside of New England) went 11-5, while Peyton Manning should when he took over a team that went 7-4 in games Tim Tebow started last year.

Bobbles

Hey man, let's honor the TC and stay on topic I just express my opinion and you responded with yours so I'll leave it at that.:)

You are a f***ing pusscake. If you are going to say something stupid, be ready to back it up. Don't go "Hey man, I didn't want to start anything by being a goddamn moron".

lol...@Bobbles Those are some strong words coming from a guy hidding behind a keyboard. I won't even waste my time with you:P

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]Well possibly, I don't think anyone denies Belichick helps Brady, but it's not like he was an overwhelmingly great coach before Brady came along. Going 36-44 in Cleveland, and 5-11 in his first year with the Patriots. Not to suggest he's not a great coach, even the greatest need talent, but I think it's pretty clear it's not some sort of offense where they can plug anyone in and not suffer diminished performance. I'm also still curious to know how Brady should be inegliable due to the fact that Cassel (who as mentioned earlier, has had a very good season outside of New England) went 11-5, while Peyton Manning should when he took over a team that went 7-4 in games Tim Tebow started last year.

Bobbles

You are a f***ing pusscake. If you are going to say something stupid, be ready to back it up. Don't go "Hey man, I didn't want to start anything by being a goddamn moron".

I agree with this. If you are going to type something on an open forum, prepare to defend your point... or you can hide behind your opinion like a 'f***ing pusscake'
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

monkeytoes61

This. Is MVP the most important player to their team, or the best all around player?

the term MVP suggests "Most Valuable" to their team. if it wanted the best all around, the name should be something else.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

No_Hablo_Ingles

I agree with this. If you are going to type something on an open forum, prepare to defend your point... or you can hide behind your opinion like a 'f***ing pusscake'

:P....OMG....did you actually read "ALL" of what we discussed?? We both expressed our opinion and we disagreed respectively so what was the point of going on about 2 millionaires who don't give a rats terd about either one of us?

I don't have a problem with an intelligent debate but this was one that I didn't think was worth it. If you think it was that important I apologize but I'm not here to entertain you. @No_Hablo_Ingles :)

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. AP

lol @ anyone else including RGturd.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
Manning no doubt. To me, the NFL MVP has always been more of an MVP than say a baseball MVP. Stats aren't the driving factor. What Peyton has done is INCREDIBLE. If he doesn't win though, then I won't be upset because it evens out 2008 when Warner should have won. HOWEVER, IF the Vikings make the playoffs(still possible) AD should win. And RG3 deserves some credit too. His TD-INT rate is craaazyyyyyyyyyy. But at the end of the day, the Broncos are the best team in the NFL and it is because of one man.
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
I've never been a big fan of MVP awards because it's mostly subjective. It's not just a "best player" award. Really don't like that. Since it is the MVP award, I have to go with the following: 1. Manning 2. AP 3. Brady If this was a best player award, no doubt that would go to AP, but since we are talking valuable, and Denver's offense was sh*t last year, Manning gets the nod for taking them to 10-3 AFC West champs.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Bobbles"] You are a f***ing pusscake. If you are going to say something stupid, be ready to back it up. Don't go "Hey man, I didn't want to start anything by being a goddamn moron".MarcRecon

:P....OMG....did you actually read "ALL" of what we discussed?? We both expressed our opinion and we disagreed respectively so what was the point of going on about 2 millionaires who don't give a rats terd about either one of us?

I don't have a problem with an intelligent debate but this was one that I didn't think was worth it. If you think it was that important I apologize but I'm not here to entertain you. @No_Hablo_Ingles :)

Your opinion is stupid though, and I seriously doubt you are capable of an intelligent debate. A monkey trying to have an intelligent debate is amusing though, so go ahead and knock yourself out.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] I agree with this. If you are going to type something on an open forum, prepare to defend your point... or you can hide behind your opinion like a 'f***ing pusscake'No_Hablo_Ingles

Your opinion is stupid though, and I seriously doubt you are capable of an intelligent debate. A monkey trying to have an intelligent debate is amusing though, so go ahead and knock yourself out.

Wow....how intelligent are you? It seems that the only thing you've been BRAIN STORMING with is insults!:P Which is typical of most RUDE people on the internet,it's the only platform in which you can express yourself because you fear a direct response to your comments.

I highly doubt your this vocal in real life and I find that rather AMUSING.:) @No_Hablo_Ingles

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 No_Hablo_Ingles
Wow....how intelligent are you? It seems that the only thing you've been BRAIN STORMING with is insults!:PMarcRecon
Don't give yourself too much credit, you arrogant waste. I don't have to brain storm insults, it comes naturally while reading your comments.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

MarcRecon

Wow....how intelligent are you? It seems that the only thing you've been BRAIN STORMING with is insults!:P Which is typical of most RUDE people on the internet,it's the only platform in which you can express yourself because you fear a direct response to your comments.

I highly doubt your this vocal in real life and I find that rather AMUSING.:) @No_Hablo_Ingles

Nah, I'm an assh*le in the real too. Who needs to brainstorm for insults? Lmao.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]Wow....how intelligent are you? It seems that the only thing you've been BRAIN STORMING with is insults!:PNo_Hablo_Ingles
Don't give yourself too much credit, you arrogant waste. I don't have to brain storm insults, it comes naturally while reading your comments.

That's how I feel when I read your trash every time.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

monkeytoes61

In football it is usually most valuable. The best player award usually goes to the offensive player of the year, ala Chris Johnson during his 2000 year, or Drew Brees when he almost broke Marino's record.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]Wow....how intelligent are you? It seems that the only thing you've been BRAIN STORMING with is insults!:PNo_Hablo_Ingles
Don't give yourself too much credit, you arrogant waste.

lol....the only thing I can respond with is.......THANKS!!!:lol:

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]Wow....how intelligent are you? It seems that the only thing you've been BRAIN STORMING with is insults!:PPut_in_Kitna

My comments typically just go over your head because you are a Cowboy-Jason Garrett loving waste of a human being.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Your opinion is stupid though, and I seriously doubt you are capable of an intelligent debate. A monkey trying to have an intelligent debate is amusing though, so go ahead and knock yourself out.Bobbles

Nah, I'm an assh*le in the real too. Who needs to brainstorm for insults? Lmao.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct, it seems to come naturally to people who are lonely, sad and isolated!!!

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Don't give yourself too much credit, you arrogant waste. I don't have to brain storm insults, it comes naturally while reading your comments.No_Hablo_Ingles

My comments typically just go over your head because you are a Cowboy-Jason Garrett loving waste of a human being.

Cept im not. Unlike you who licked your coaches wein when it was obvious he was a POS. Waste.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

Cept im not. Unlike you who licked your coaches wein when it was obvious he was a POS. Waste.

What Coach? Mike Shannah?
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts

Put_in_Kitna
What Coach? Mike Shannah? No_Hablo_Ingles
2 options here: we can return to the MVP debate, or we can close the topic. Up to you guys...
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 No_Hablo_Ingles
Apologies... The correct answer is currently Peyton Manning, although the gap is not that large between Manning and Brady. To me, AP simply can not win this award unless his team wins out and makes the playoffs. Even if he breaks Dickerson's record.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Apologies... The correct answer is currently Peyton Manning, although the gap is not that large between Manning and Brady. To me, AP simply can not win this award unless his team wins out and makes the playoffs. Even if he breaks Dickerson's record.

Manning is not the correct answer. Brady has thrown 4 INTs to Manning's 11 INT. Brady has 3 less TDs. Brady beat Manning. The only reason why people are making a deal for Manning is because he came off a year without playing football. Brady had 28 TDs and 13 INTs the year after. Brady didn't win the MVP that year. Brady's stats are better period.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="Swanogt19"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Apologies... The correct answer is currently Peyton Manning, although the gap is not that large between Manning and Brady. To me, AP simply can not win this award unless his team wins out and makes the playoffs. Even if he breaks Dickerson's record.

Manning is not the correct answer. Brady has thrown 4 INTs to Manning's 11 INT. Brady has 3 less TDs. Brady beat Manning. The only reason why people are making a deal for Manning is because he came off a year without playing football. Brady had 28 TDs and 13 INTs the year after. Brady didn't win the MVP that year. Brady's stats are better period.

(Manning has 10 INTs, not 11, but that's doesn't really matter) Pure stats are never the way to select MVP. Ever. As I have been told many times here, stats only tell part of the story, and it could not be more true in this case. Drew Brees regularly throws for more yards and touchdowns than other QBs (currently leads the league in yards and touchdowns), yet we aren't discussing him for a reason. People are saying Manning because he currently has the prefect balance of meaning a lot to his team + pure and advanced statistics + his team having a winning record on a playoff team (why Drew Brees isn't considered). This is not to say that Brady will not win the award, because as I said, the current margin is small. 2 years ago it was Brady vs Vick, and it was fairly even, but Vick sucked the last 3 weeks (2 weeks really, he didn't play week 17) while Brady was his usual dominate self.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

RG3 should not be in the discussion. It should be between Brady and AP. The Broncos went the 2nd round of the playoffs last season with Tim Tebow (who by the way was 7-3 in the regular season), who couldn't even beat out Mark freakin Sanchez. Brady has had his o-line and recieveing core depleted throughout the season. I believe the last Pats game was the first time the entire o-line was starting together. Then you look at the Pats recievers. Welker is there, yeah sure. Lloyd has been injured, Edelman is out for the year, Hernandez has been out for most of the season, and Gronkowski has been out for three weeks already. If Cassel was the Pats QB, they wouldn't even be sniffing playoffs. Also, Manning plays in the worst division in the league. That is for the QBs. AP is the Vikings offense. Vikings are dead last in passing offense. If it isn't Brady, it should be AP and vice versa.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 monkeytoes61
If it's the best player, I go with Brady. His TD to INT ratios are unreal. Stats aren't everything, but they are something. Only throwing four INTs in a full season where you are throwing it 600 times is otherworldly. If it's the most important player to their team, I go with Adrian Peterson. That team is nothing without him.