Poll: Which System Has The Best Exclusives?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

. PC, according to this very site and MetaCritic.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I'm going to assume gamespot polls are still broken and allow users to vote more than once

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

By that rationale, Complete Edition remasters can count, too. I won't move the goal posts if you don't. Xbone is a pathetic system for exclusives. It's just the reality.

You can keep thinking whatever you want while myself and millions of others are experiencing and enjoying new and old games over the next five months while you twiddle your thumbs waiting for Uncharted 4 10 months from now.

I don't really give a shit what you think, have fun watching Youtube videos of far off games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Telekill said:

PS4; no contest.

List them. And then tell us how the Wii U offerings are no contest.

lol

I'm all about understanding some preference but that shit only works up until a certain extent. Wii U has far more exclusives than both the PS4 and the Xbone. It's not even comparable. And though quality is definitely up to opinion, you won't be finding any good arguments to argue quality against the Wii U exclusive lineup.

Bloodborne box vs. WiiU. That's pretty much the argument here.

Phantom_Airzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Phantom_Airzz
Member since 2015 • 16 Posts

PC Best exclusive games ever games releasing every month

PlayStation 4 Has had a good footing in terms of exclusive games releasing one or more each year good with new Ip's nice variety

Wii U has some good exclusives since it doesn't have much 3rd party support

Xbox One exclusive games are mainly sequels or are pc good that they are releasing new Ip's but most fail miserably since the Console was made off traditional shooters and racers and can't put variety exclusives this late in its life

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

Xbox One's not even a console. It's an underpowered PC-wannabe. Hence, everything is PC bound, even with windows 10 integration. Sony understands that gaming is a division catering to console experiences and exclusive experiences unparalleled in quality. MicroFlop dropped the ball way back...they cared about the OG xbox...hence, most "exclusives" on the 360 and Boneflop are PC space. Anyone who says Xbox one isn't a gamer IMHO.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#107 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I think all the systems have great exclusives, and as another said it's just a matter of taste. Xbox One exclusives appeal to me more, but there is definitely room for improvement in terms of darker, grittier games. I think in that regard, Sony might have a small upper hand with games like TLOU or Bloodborne. I would love to see a high-profile Xbox One survival horror IP for instance , a new IP. I hope games like Quantum break and Scalebound will add more variety to the Xbox One exclusive lineup in that regard. But right now, I'm on a race for time.....because once Forza 6 hits, a month will fly by, then Halo 5 and if all goes well I'll be playing that competitively for months, I really enjoyed the beta.

Cherubas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Cherubas
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

JUST going with exclusives I would give it to Wii U. From Smash to Zelda to the 4 million Mario games I think their exclusives beat the exclusives of the other consoles. The problem is there are a bunch of non-exclusive games that I really want/have gotten that are available on XB1 and PS4 but not Wii U. And that's why I own a PS4 instead of a Wii U.

XBox One isn't even a competitor though. Halo? Gears of War? Yawn.

Nymphonomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Nymphonomicon
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

PC.

"The answer is; Werewolf Queen! It's always Werewolf Queen!"

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#110  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@skelly34 said:
@93BlackHawk93 said:

Didn't know there were that many users with shit taste here.

And what exactly is good taste to you?

Liking good games?

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:^):P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#111 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

lol @ fanboys voting for their multiplat boxes. Voting for PS4 or Xbone in a best exclusives poll is like voting for Wii U in a most powerful poll.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Who is Gamespot Staff? Occasionally Kevin Van Ord would post or Tom Mcshea would damage control his reviews. This has got to be Chris Watters. Nice to see an official listing of three game systems. Lol, Personal Computer Video Game System.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ConanTheStoner

@Heirren:

Well, they did say that they left the PC out due to it being incredibly unfair. A poll would've been pointless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Heirren:

Well, they did say that they left the PC out due to it being incredibly unfair. A poll would've been pointless.

I've always thought of it as a platform for games. To many variances in each individual setup. One persons PC multiplatform game might be great, while someone else could have a completely different experience.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

I wonder how many alts are voting

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Wow, the Xbox One has more votes than the Wii U. I should really reconsider visiting this site.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ConanTheStoner

@Heirren said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@Heirren:

I've always thought of it as a platform for games. To many variances in each individual setup. One persons PC multiplatform game might be great, while someone else could have a completely different experience.

Oh of course, the variations from one machine to another are limitless. The experience can be awesome or downright shitty, just depends on what you can afford.

But in a topic asking which gaming platform has the best exclusive line up, PC just has a ridiculously unfair advantage. It's not locked to generation cycles and it has more developers creating content for it than the 3 consoles combined.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#118 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The fact that something other than the Wii U is actually winning tells us all we need to know about the state of this forum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@ConanTheStoner said:
@Heirren said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@Heirren:

Oh of course, the variations from one machine to another are limitless. The experience can be awesome or downright shitty, just depends on what you can afford.

But in a topic asking which gaming platform has the best exclusive line up, PC just has a ridiculously unfair advantage. It's not locked to generation cycles and it has more developers creating content for it than the 3 consoles combined.

That is true, but by that logic the Wii had the best exclusives last gen as it had a handful of great wii games, all gamecube games, and tons of great games from the nes, genesis, snes, tg16, neo geo, and n64. These were official releases. Does this mean the wii has the greatest library of all time?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ConanTheStoner

@Heirren said:

That is true, but by that logic the Wii had the best exclusives last gen as it had a handful of great wii games, all gamecube games, and tons of great games from the nes, genesis, snes, tg16, neo geo, and n64. These were official releases. Does this mean the wii has the greatest library of all time?

Yeah, you could look at it that way. Same as the OG PS3 also being a PS2 and PS1 all in one box. Really awesome platform when you think about it.

But of course when people have these discussions, they tend to look at each platform separately.

Wii has all those games from other separate platforms on their system. PC on the other hand is one continuous platform.

It is what it is though. At this point we would just be debating what should and should not count. (as an aside the PC can emulate all of those games and more so it would still be ahead).

All that said, it still wouldn't matter if we cut off the PCs exclusives before the start of this gen. It would still have exponentially more exclusive content than all the consoles combined. No matter how you slice it, the PC would win this hands down.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Bayonetta 2 (in the top 5 best action games ever)

Splatoon (the most fresh and interesting competitive TPS currently in the market)

DKC Tropical Freeze (in the top 10 2D platformers ever made)

Super Mario 3D World (best 3d platformer of the generation)

Super Smash Bros (arguably the best in the series and still the absolute leader of the sub-genre of fighting it created)

Mario Kart 8 (best kart racing game ever)

^the above combo of exclusives alone puts it in #1. But then you also have:

Pikmin 3

Wonderful 101

Yoshi's Wolly World

Lego City Undercover

Hyrule Warriors

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

ZombiU (for now)

with Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Fatal Frame 5, Fire Emblem X SMT and Zelda on the way...

Yeah its Wii U by quite a margin.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ConanTheStoner

@Thunderdrone said:

Splatoon (the most fresh and interesting competitive TPS currently in the market)

Super Smash Bros (arguably the best in the series and still the absolute leader of the sub-genre of fighting it created)

Pikmin 3

Wonderful 101

Yoshi's Wolly World

Lego City Undercover

Hyrule Warriors

ZombiU (for now)

with Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Fatal Frame 5, Fire Emblem X SMT and Zelda on the way...

Yep. Really no contest here.

I'd like to see lists from the lems and cows now.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Thunderdrone

Oh look, Wii U is dead last with the console that graced us with Knack, Killzone Whatever and The Order dominating.

LOL Gamespot

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#124  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The Pee-U easily, it's a terrible console, but on the Platinum games alone it clowns the trash+bloodborne the other 2 consoles have to offer.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:

Oh look, Wii U is dead last with the console that graced us with Knack, Killzone Whatever and The Order dominating.

LOL Gamespot

To be fair, the WiiU was close second to the PS4. Then, within about an hour or two, the XBox voting went ape shit. Very fishy. I wouldn't draw anything from this poll.

The exact same thing happened with the "Who won E3?" poll, as well.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Thunderdrone

If it wasnt for Bloodborne the XboxOne would ABSOLUTELY be second place with PS4 dead last. And this is comming from a PS4 user not interested in the XOne at all.

PS4's exclusive line-up is terrible. Knack was absolute crap, Driveclub was a mess, Killzone is trash, Second Son is the worst in the series, The Order is barely a game, LBP3 was broken at release, Until Dawn looks dumb... It has Bloodborn, thats it. Its most promising game by popular opinion is that upcoming wrpg by Guerrila Games, who has yet to make anything above decent, at best.

Sony should drop on its f****** knees and thank the heavens every single day that its system won the 3rd party lottery this time around. To the point where they even admit to have jack s**** for 2015 from their internal studios and still get away with it and remain the most popular home console.

Talk about dumb luck lol

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

None of the three are that thrilling. Wii U wins because lmao at the HD twins exclusive libraries.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#128 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:

If it wasnt for Bloodborne the XboxOne would ABSOLUTELY be second place with PS4 dead last. And this is comming from a PS4 user not interested in the XOne at all.

PS4's exclusive line-up is terrible. Knack was absolute crap, Driveclub was a mess, Killzone is trash, Second Son is the worst in the series, The Order is barely a game, LBP3 was broken at release, Until Dawn looks dumb... It has Bloodborn, thats it. Its most promising game by popular opinion is that upcoming wrpg by Guerrila Games, who has yet to make anything above decent, at best.

Sony should drop on its f****** knees and thank the heavens every single day that its system won the 3rd party lottery this time around. To the point where they even admit to have jack s**** for 2015 from their internal studios and still get away with it and remain the most popular home console.

Talk about dumb luck lol

And it wasn't even an exclusive. Pretty sure it's on PS3.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By GreySeal9

@Thunderdrone said:

Pikmin 3

Wonderful 101

Yoshi's Wolly World

Lego City Undercover

Hyrule Warriors

ZombiU (for now)

Monster Hunter Ultimate is not an exclusive and I don't think ZombiU and a few others are really anything to brag about, but otherwise, I completely agree with you. Wii U has a good exclusive line up. Not earth shattering but very respectable.

The other two consoles? ROFL!

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Thunderdrone

@Nymphonomicon said:

PC.

What PC exclusives came out since this gen started with Wii U?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 jg4xchamp

@Thunderdrone: why are you shocked by this? In our lifetime sonys first party has been trash sans a few major exceptions every gen. This gen is no different, shit the good first party game they made is by a third party dev.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Thunderdrone
@GreySeal9 said:
@Thunderdrone said:

Pikmin 3

Wonderful 101

Yoshi's Wolly World

Lego City Undercover

Hyrule Warriors

ZombiU (for now)

Monster Hunter Ultimate is not an exclusive and I don't think ZombiU and a few others are really anything to brag about, but otherwise, I completely agree with you. Wii U has a good exclusive line up. Not earth shattering but very respectable.

Zombi U is a great, slow paced, first person survival horror title. One that was harshly reviewed for being a "bad" at something it was never intended to be.

Yeah, MHU was also on 3DS, I forgot.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GreySeal9

@Thunderdrone said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@Thunderdrone said:

Pikmin 3

Wonderful 101

Yoshi's Wolly World

Lego City Undercover

Hyrule Warriors

ZombiU (for now)

Zombi U is a great, slow paced, first person survival horror title. One that was harshly reviewed for being a "bad" at something it was never intended to be.

Yeah, MHU was also on 3DS, I forgot.

I really didn't like Zombi U, but fair enough.

Me and my brother cross play co-op MHU on Wii U and 3DS, which is awesome.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

Fricken popularity click fest. I have all of them and still say Wii U.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Thunderdrone
@jg4xchamp said:

@Thunderdrone: why are you shocked by this? In our lifetime sonys first party has been trash sans a few major exceptions every gen. This gen is no different, shit the good first party game they made is by a third party dev.

There are various degrees of bad. They were never THIS bad.

Its subpar nonsense followed by non-games, s*** like Knack and disapointing sequels. Thats a long string of fails.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#136 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

The fact that something other than the Wii U is actually winning tells us all we need to know about the state of this forum.

Yep, agreed.

Ah well, polls on the internet, what can you do.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Wii U is the right answer from those 3. PS4 and Xbox One Exclusives are piss poor in comparison.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

WiiU, and it's a fact.

http://www.onlyonconsole.com/

Sorry, make as many excuses as you want, but remasters and cross-gen don't count as exclusive.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Thunderdrone said:
@jg4xchamp said:

There are various degrees of bad. They were never THIS bad.

Its subpar nonsense followed by non-games, s*** like Knack and disapointing sequels. Thats a long string of fails.

Nah bro, they were always this bad.

Their studios came up with Kratos, they funded things like David Cage trash or Resistance 1 and 2, or took good ideas like Socom and then ended up at ...whatever the **** those two games were on the PS3 that had Socom in the title. For all of LBP's charms it always had shit mechanics, Playstation all stars? Not a good fighting game in any era of our lifetime.

A lot of their best "published" games on the PS1, are third party games.

@GreySeal9 said:

Yeah let's not even stop at not worth bragging about, some of those are complete trash and in other cases hilarious hyperbole when you put it in proper context, in no universe is Tropical Freeze a top 10 platformer of all time, that's a joke, it just has to be.

Mario Kart is the king of a sub genre that basically doesn't exist sans it and Sonic All Star Racing, ditto for Smash Bros. At the least Smash at least has good gameplay at its core unlike MK over there. But Hyrule Warriors? pfft, no.

Captain Toad once you get over that it has beautiful art and is endaring because Nintendo charm, you realize it's more or less a half baked set of ideas whose primary demographic has to be kids because it's basically like Kirby where they make no effort to challenge the player. And in the last 5 or 6 years we've gotten wildly more interesting puzzle games than some toad shit, Kirby is whatever. 3D World is the best game in a genre that we've seen exactly 2 times this gen, It and Grow Home.

So some of that list was basically padded, which he didn't even need to do. The WiiU dominates the exclusive front because the Xbox One and PS4 suck massive dick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@ConanTheStoner said:
@Heirren said:

Yeah, you could look at it that way. Same as the OG PS3 also being a PS2 and PS1 all in one box. Really awesome platform when you think about it.

But of course when people have these discussions, they tend to look at each platform separately.

Wii has all those games from other separate platforms on their system. PC on the other hand is one continuous platform.

It is what it is though. At this point we would just be debating what should and should not count. (as an aside the PC can emulate all of those games and more so it would still be ahead).

All that said, it still wouldn't matter if we cut off the PCs exclusives before the start of this gen. It would still have exponentially more exclusive content than all the consoles combined. No matter how you slice it, the PC would win this hands down.

Official releases.

So with that said what happens when I can play every pc game on Nvidia Grid network?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

fanboys combined with broken polls seems like a bad idea

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#142  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@XboxStache said:

Xbox One's not even a console. It's an underpowered PC-wannabe. Hence, everything is PC bound, even with windows 10 integration. Sony understands that gaming is a division catering to console experiences and exclusive experiences unparalleled in quality. MicroFlop dropped the ball way back...they cared about the OG xbox...hence, most "exclusives" on the 360 and Boneflop are PC space. Anyone who says Xbox one isn't a gamer IMHO.

And a PS4 isn't an underpowered PC wannabe? So you're saying without exclusives it would be the same thing?

Everything you post always has some underlying problem. Why do you keep making up stuff about the Xbox One?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 GreySeal9

@XboxStache said:

So where are these exclusive experiences unparalleled in quality?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 jg4xchamp

@Thunderdrone said:
@Nymphonomicon said:

PC.

Antichamber
Gone Home
Papers Please
Path of Exile
Kentucky Route Zero
Might and Magic Heroes VI
Gunpoint
Company of Heroes 2
Dota 2
Divinity Dragon Commander
Electronic Super Joy
Shadowrun Returns
Arma 3
The Stanley Parable
Risk of Rain

I'll spare myself the effort and stop there with just 2013, because that's the nature of the platformer. On indie games alone it gets so many games, quality ones that ultimately never end up on console for one reason or another, and I'm sure someone will fish for the "yeah but quality over quantity", except in this case you give up a whole lot of quantity for alleged quality, and more importantly the PC's stuff tends to be more creative and daring from a design standpoint. They don't get to bank on superficial shit like graphics, they actually need to win you over on you know: gameplay and interactivity.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#145 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@DigitalDame said:

Yeah... We decided not to include PC because the poll would look something like 97% PC, 2% consoles, 1% trolling.

So?

imm_84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#146 imm_84
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts

Wii U , Most and Best - PS4 looks like its on its way to being the best library in year or two - Xbox is way off ..

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Thunderdrone

@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah let's not even stop at not worth bragging about, some of those are complete trash and in other cases hilarious hyperbole when you put it in proper context, in no universe is Tropical Freeze a top 10 platformer of all time, that's a joke, it just has to be.

Nope. In fact I personally consider it top 5 material. Perfect controls, absolutely amazing level design that rewards experienced players with a level of fluidity you would otherwise not know its there, gorgeous art, one of the best soundtracks from this generation and a future classic of VGM, filled with content.... I dont see how its a joke to consider Tropical Freeze to be as good as it gets in the genre.

@jg4xchamp said:

Mario Kart is the king of a sub genre that basically doesn't exist sans it and Sonic All Star Racing, ditto for Smash Bros. At the least Smash at least has good gameplay at its core unlike MK over there. But Hyrule Warriors? pfft, no.

Modnation. LBP Kart. Sonic All Stars and I'll even lump in arcadey racers in general. And Smash is great regardless of its sub-genre.

The reason I mentioned Hyrule Warriors is because, even though its a DW game, it manages to be better than 80% of what Sony crapped out this gen. So in a thread where you compare 3 libraries, OK games are worth being mentioned when the competition doesnt even have that.

@jg4xchamp said:

Captain Toad once you get over that it has beautiful art and is endaring because Nintendo charm, you realize it's more or less a half baked set of ideas whose primary demographic has to be kids because it's basically like Kirby where they make no effort to challenge the player.

Cap Toad half baked? Nah, it knows fully well what it is. And kid friendly isnt a measure of quality.

@jg4xchamp said:

3D World is the best game in a genre that we've seen exactly 2 times this gen, It and Grow Home.

Tearaway/ Tearaway Unfolded

@jg4xchamp said:

So some of that list was basically padded, which he didn't even need to do. The WiiU dominates the exclusive front because the Xbox One and PS4 suck massive dick.

Its not padded. Its full of games that are in average better than what both Sony and MS brought to the table. Isnt the point of the thread to compare libraries? Its not my fault that okay/decent games count because the competition falls short of even that, generally speaking.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#148  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:
@Nymphonomicon said:

PC.

• Path of Exile
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • ArmA 3
  • Total War: Attila
  • Homeworld: Remastered
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm etc
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#149 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

PC > PS 4 > ONE > WiiU

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Thunderdrone

@jg4xchamp said:
@Thunderdrone said:
@Nymphonomicon said:

PC.

Antichamber

Gone Home

Papers Please

Path of Exile

Kentucky Route Zero

Might and Magic Heroes VI

Gunpoint

Company of Heroes 2

Dota 2

Divinity Dragon Commander

Electronic Super Joy

Shadowrun Returns

Arma 3

The Stanley Parable

Risk of Rain

I'll spare myself the effort and stop there with just 2013, because that's the nature of the platformer. On indie games alone it gets so many games, quality ones that ultimately never end up on console for one reason or another, and I'm sure someone will fish for the "yeah but quality over quantity", except in this case you give up a whole lot of quantity for alleged quality, and more importantly the PC's stuff tends to be more creative and daring from a design standpoint. They don't get to bank on superficial shit like graphics, they actually need to win you over on you know: gameplay and interactivity.

It was an honest question btw

I count at least 6 games in there I never heard of.

I also admit to leaving out smaller DL titles from my previous console comparison because the nature of these exclusive showdowns is to usually focus on traditional, bigger/retail stuff. Games like Pushmo World, Entwined, etc were left out because generally speaking no one goes out of their way to buy these systems to play these impulse purchases. The same way gaming PC's are not exactly built for stuff like Papers Please or Gone. Home.

These games are great regardless of production values, but I argue that for the vast majority of gaming enthusiasts they are bonuses more than the reason why they stick to one platform.