Xbox One reveal. Now with COD Ghosts, Forza 5 and...no used games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alexwatchtower
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

Kotaku: Xbox One will not support used games? 

- "Cloud Powered" - can upload saves, movies, etc.

rumble in triggers

-$299 subsidized version scrapped according to Paul Thurrott.

- RAREteases demo! - Didn't happen!!!

- Battlefield announcement - Didn't happen.

Halo Interactive TV show.

Quantum Break interactive

Games:

Forza Motorsport 5. Available at launch!

Video: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/microsoft-announces-forza-motorsport-5-coming-to-the-xbox-one/

Call of Duty: Ghosts sneak peak. Update: Exclusive downloadble conent.

FIFA

970397_10151620246564288_113461301_n.jpg

Xbox Live:

-Microsoft announces Music Roominteractive TV series on Xbox Live. First episode, May 29th. - Didn't happen.

Kinect:

-IllumiRoom will be present - Didn't happen!

Microsoft-Illumiroom-5.jpg

Update:Need for Speed. NBA Live. UFC. Looking more and more like an EA reel.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Cant wait to see next gen Fifa and CoD.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Call of Duty and FIFA, I'm already asleep.

RandoIphF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RandoIphF
Member since 2013 • 271 Posts

UpInFlames

Agreed. Sports games get a big *yawn* from me. As do shootan' games featuring the most overused character in gaming history, the floating camera with a gun taped to it.  Hopefully Capcom is there and shows more of Deep Down, as I assume it's multiplatform, and is the next gen game I most eagerly look forward too after finally discovering Dragon's Dogma today.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alexwatchtower

Cant wait to see next gen Fifa and CoD.

S0lidSnake

I wanna see FIFA too. Hopefully it finally catches up to football, baseball and baseball games in terms of presentation. If we're lucky it will surpass them.

I'm also curious in what shape or form IllumiRoom will be shown. I thought it was pretty far away from being ready.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

UpInFlames
There's Respawn's new exclusive game and Bungie's Destiny, though Destiny is a multi-platform game, perhaps we will get more news on it. Let's see... We also have whatever gets released from Lionhead Studios and that first-person Roman combat game called, Ryse.
alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alexwatchtower

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

juradai

There's Respawn's new exclusive game and Bungie's Destiny, though Destiny is a multi-platform game, perhaps we will get more news on it. Let's see... We also have whatever gets released from Lionhead Studios and that first-person Roman combat game called, Ryse.

Have any of those been confirmed for tomorrow? I'll update if you have a link.

RandoIphF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RandoIphF
Member since 2013 • 271 Posts
There's Respawn's new exclusive game and Bungie's Destiny, though Destiny is a multi-platform game, perhaps we will get more news on it. Let's see... We also have whatever gets released from Lionhead Studios and that first-person Roman combat game called, Ryse.juradai
Anytime the words first person and combat are put together, I feel a headache coming on. Never played a first person combat game that I liked. Respawn = basically more Call of Duty, no thank you. We need less shootan' games, not more. Retire the floating camera.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 juradai

[QUOTE="juradai"][QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

alexwatchtower

Not that I know of, Alex. However, Microsoft has promised announcements on games so I would think they would mention their exclusives upon release of this new console. Ryse is one that is rumored to take over as the Gears Of War/Halo flagship series. Perhaps a rumors and speculation section could be implemented in this official thread just to see if any of them carry some validity?
alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alexwatchtower

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

[QUOTE="juradai"] There's Respawn's new exclusive game and Bungie's Destiny, though Destiny is a multi-platform game, perhaps we will get more news on it. Let's see... We also have whatever gets released from Lionhead Studios and that first-person Roman combat game called, Ryse.juradai

Not that I know of, Alex. However, Microsoft has promised announcements on games so I would think they would mention their exclusives upon release of this new console. Ryse is one that is rumored to take over as the Gears Of War/Halo flagship series. Perhaps a rumors and speculation section could be implemented in this official thread just to see if any of them carry some validity?

I'd rather keep rumors out of it, because there's been some really terrible ones popping up over the past 24 hours, but that's what the rest of the thread is for.

Rumor: 5 TERAFLOPS! Source: I dreamed about it last week when I imagined next generation. :)

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Can't wait to see the big announcement we all know is coming and are very excited to see it's debut on a next-gen console.

Forza Motorsport 5 will without question be the highlight of the entire event. :D

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juradai

[QUOTE="juradai"]There's Respawn's new exclusive game and Bungie's Destiny, though Destiny is a multi-platform game, perhaps we will get more news on it. Let's see... We also have whatever gets released from Lionhead Studios and that first-person Roman combat game called, Ryse.RandoIphF
Anytime the words first person and combat are put together, I feel a headache coming on. Never played a first person combat game that I liked. Respawn = basically more Call of Duty, no thank you. We need less shootan' games, not more. Retire the floating camera.

First-person is sometimes difficult for me to visually deal with. The lack of peripheral vision sometimes makes it so that I feel as if I have blinders on, like those horses pulling a carriage.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 juradai

[QUOTE="juradai"][QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

alexwatchtower

I'd rather keep rumors out of it, because there's been some really terrible ones popping up over the past 24 hours, but that's what the rest of the thread is for.

Rumor: 5 TERAFLOPS! Source: I dreamed about it last week when I imagined next generation. :)

Well, I think there are rumors that have manifested themselves from substantiated sources and then there are just down right bogus claims.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

juradai

Aaron Greenberg recently talked about showing a lot of exclusives. Below is a list of all the possible exclusives they might show tomorrow or at E3.

- Respawn's Mech Vs Soldiers game
- Crytek's Ryse
- Alan Wake 2
- Forza 5
- Fable 4
- Halo 2 Remake
- PGR5

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alexwatchtower

Can't wait to see the big announcement we all know is coming and are very excited to see it's debut on a next-gen console.

Forza Motorsport 5 will without question be the highlight of the entire event. :D

speedfreak48t5p

Forza Horizon 2 would be more exciting for me. Sims at reveals are just sooo....early 2000s.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 alexwatchtower

Well, I think there are rumors that have manifested themselves from substantiated sources and then there are just down right bogus claims. juradai

Fine. If you have a good credible rumor and from a credible source with a link, I'll post it as a rumor.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 juradai

[QUOTE="juradai"] Well, I think there are rumors that have manifested themselves from substantiated sources and then there are just down right bogus claims. alexwatchtower

Fine. If you have a good credible rumor and from a credible source with a link, I'll post it as a rumor.

Sounds good. I always thought the purpose of an official thread was to compile everything together and discuss it anyway.
Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

A PGR akin to PGR2 would have me day one admittedly, those were some of my fondest memories in regards to online gaming. Halo 2 is another one, though only if the competitive multiplayer is reproduced faithfully. At worst I'd settle for a Halo 2 map pack and playlist, just to play what is a decent core without silly variables and on stellar maps. Though I'd still like to see a full on remake of the multiplayer more so than an expansion.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alexwatchtower

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

[QUOTE="juradai"] Well, I think there are rumors that have manifested themselves from substantiated sources and then there are just down right bogus claims. juradai

Sounds good. I always thought the purpose of an official thread was to compile everything together and discuss it anyway.

Of course you can. I was just trying to keep the OP with strictly official, confirmed info. Like I said there's been some bogus rumors, like wishful thinking spec increase rumors popping up over the past 2 days, and it would suck to get people's hopes up.

ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ThaneKrios28
Member since 2013 • 1551 Posts

sadly i wont be investing in the next gen. i am retiring from gaming after grand theft auto and assasins creed 4 are out

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Alan Wake 2 is the only exclusive they have that I am interested in. lol. More intrigued by illiuroom or whatever it's called (I want to play my games on this) and new third party games that hopefully aren't remakes or boring sequels.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Sports games, in general, are a genre that I do not care about.

It's going to take a lot more than that to convince me that the next XBox is worth purchasing.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I really just want to see the games. And by games, I mean exclusives that will make me want to buy the console. Forget all the other stuff Microsoft, focus on the games.

Although I'm sure a ton of time will be devoted to talking about Kinect and Xbox Live. 

Actually speaking of XBL, I think it's time they dropped the fee for multiplayer. It probably won't happen, but it should. 

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 alexwatchtower

I really just want to see the games. And by games, I mean exclusives that will make me want to buy the console. Forget all the other stuff Microsoft, focus on the games.

Although I'm sure a ton of time will be devoted to talking about Kinect and Xbox Live. 

Actually speaking of XBL, I think it's time they dropped the fee for multiplayer. It probably won't happen, but it should. 

Vari3ty

I wouldn't expect too many games tomorrow. Most people are expecting 4-5 at most until E3 and we already know 2 with the third most likely to be a racing game. It's mainly going to be a hardware and features reveal. 

The subsidized model did get dropped apparently, which may or may not have some meaning in relation to Xbox Live, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm actually kind of disappointed. It wasn't that bad a deal and $500+ games at launch is no fun.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 juradai

If anyone is interested, here is a rough infographic that basically goes over what the entire internet wants and hopes for with both, tomorrow's reveal and E3. I thought it seemed to sum up things nicely.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

alexwatchtower

I wouldn't expect too many games tomorrow. Most people are expecting 4-5 at most until E3 and we already know 2 with the third most likely to be a racing game. It's mainly going to be a hardware and features reveal. 

The subsidized model did get dropped apparently, which may or may not have some meaning in relation to Xbox Live, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm actually kind of disappointed. It wasn't that bad a deal and $500+ games at launch is no fun.

I highly doubt Microsoft is launching only one SKU priced at $500. There will most likely be cheaper options. 

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alexwatchtower

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

Vari3ty

I highly doubt Microsoft is launching only one SKU priced at $500. There will most likely be cheaper options. 

I'm sure  but I would never buy the "Arcade" version or whatever they call it this time so the subsidized version would have been nice since I could use that money at launch for more games....that is if they can pull me back in. At $500 they would have to blow me away.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

How long will the presentation last?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Lack of good gigs at gaf show me how much less hype there is for this event compared to the ps4. dvader654
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#32 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

How long will the presentation last?gameofthering

I'd guess an hour at least?

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 S0lidSnake

Lack of good gigs at gaf show me how much less hype there is for this event compared to the ps4. dvader654

Sony gaf > MS gaf.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#34 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts
[QUOTE="dvader654"]Lack of good gigs at gaf show me how much less hype there is for this event compared to the ps4. Black_Knight_00

:lol:
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
I'll watch the reveal but with the amount things they'd have to do to even make me consider buying one, I'm not expecting much.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#36 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Out of the games confirmed to be shown so far, UFC is definitely the most interesting one. Well it's the only interesting one of the three to me. I don't give a crap about Fifa or COD anymore. But I'm really looking forward to what EA will do with UFC. I really hope it has a Fight Night Champion style story mode. But obviously it's the surprises and first party games that matter most. To be honest I'm not expecting much. With only an hour I can't see them revealing much considering they've got those three third party reveals, possibly more third party stuff and we'll no doubt see some kinect 2 garbage. I expect most of the big game announcments at E3.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]How long will the presentation last?c_rake

I'd guess an hour at least?

It's a good thing that I have the week off from surgery that I had today. I can at least watch this presentation and speak about it with you guys in length.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70141 Posts
I heard some not too good news on NPR that the system would not be game centric but multimedia centric. :( More things to clutter the interface.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Going to miss the big reveal due to being away from my desk at the time :cry:. Hopefully MS will upload it to youtube by the time I get to a computer.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#40 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

juradai

I'm still not excited in the least. I don't trust Respawn of Crytek to offer anything remotely interesting and I'm extremely annoyed how Bungie is desperately trying to convince everyone how they're inventing a new genre or something when all they're doing is a console MMOFPS. A new game from Lionhead can go either way.

I'm not really expecting anything mindblowing. I'm just hoping it won't be as mindnumbingly boring as the PS4 reveal, but at this point it looks like they won't manage to meet even such a low expectation.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I'd be excited for a Halo 2 remake if it kept the same multiplayer from the original, which I am skeptical of. Can see it being the the remake of combat evolved where the Halo 2 remake would just add a map pack for Halo 4 or something.

Outside of that, will need more than CoD and Fifa to get my interest in the new Xbox. They said they'd have more exclusives lined up hough so I am intrigued.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 juradai

UpInFlames

I'm still not excited in the least. I don't trust Respawn of Crytek to offer anything remotely interesting and I'm extremely annoyed how Bungie is desperately trying to convince everyone how they're inventing a new genre or something when all they're doing is a console MMOFPS. A new game from Lionhead can go either way.

I'm not really expecting anything mindblowing. I'm just hoping it won't be as mindnumbingly boring as the PS4 reveal, but at this point it looks like they won't manage to meet even such a low expectation.

I'm certainly going in with no expectations, so anything different from what I have heard before will hopefully be a pleasant surprise. I am looking forward to this reveal as I would any new console release, I'm just keeping myself as grounded as possible.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

UpInFlames

Whoooooooaaaaa!! Careful there! Too much optimism or happiness and you will start farting rainbows mister!
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I'll definitely watch the conference, but I'm not expecting anything good.

It'll be Kinect all over again and the introduction of the Illumiroom gimmick... *yawns*

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44405 Posts
I'm very much looking forward to the big reveal tomorrow, will definitely be watching it. Can't wait to see the new Call of Duty and Ryse. Would also love to see anything on Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Respawn's new game, or anything from Rare. It's going to be an awesome show. :D
Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zuzuvela
Member since 2013 • 1993 Posts
I think I saw somewhere that it was only an hour long so these lists of games people are suggesting arent going to happen. I imagine the reveal will be the console,specs controllers,brief mention of xbox live and kinect and less then 5 games shown/announced
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 S0lidSnake

UpInFlames

Even the worst MS shows are entertaining. I remember when they had two grown up up on the stage yelling and screaming at each pretending to play Kinect Football. It was awful but hilarious and entertaining. They even had Usher one year. It's like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. It's awesome. 

That and they pick the best demos to show off games whereas Sony loves to pick the most boring demos on the planet. 

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 S0lidSnake

I think I saw somewhere that it was only an hour long so these lists of games people are suggesting arent going to happen. I imagine the reveal will be the console,specs controllers,brief mention of xbox live and kinect and less then 5 games shown/announcedZuzuvela

It's going to be two hours long. 

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 S0lidSnake

I think I saw somewhere that it was only an hour long so these lists of games people are suggesting arent going to happen. I imagine the reveal will be the console,specs controllers,brief mention of xbox live and kinect and less then 5 games shown/announcedZuzuvela

It's going to be two hours long. 

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

Is it wrong that I'm actually just nervous for this?  When I see EA teasing stuff like this...

jB2fT87fPuxB3.png

...my big fear is that MS is buying exclusives.  I want BF4 on the PS4.  Ever since the E3 where they made it sound like they'd secured GTA as an exclusive on the 360, I always dread that some franchise I love will end up exclusive to a system I don't plan on owning.  I realize this is a silly thing, and that my fanboy colors are showing through pretty strong.  In the end, I just don't want to be locked out of any third party stuff due to moneyhats.