worst thing ever happened to you

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolmike221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 coolmike221
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts

what was the worst things that happened to you. it can be like playing videp games or got a bad deal or something.

for me it wasdieing in resident evil remake on hard mode on the final boss. and also when i was at gamestop 20 bucks was missing out of my wallet and the m oney wasnt at home so baically ya when i walked out i had 1 game less

JetLagz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JetLagz28
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts
There have been a few times that I would consider bad when it comes to video games. I bought a game, came back to my house, opened it up, no game. Had to go back to pick it up, waste of my time.
cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts
Worst thing that ever happened to me? I haven't been able to get River City Ransom to work anymore on my NES :cry:
To_Ashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 To_Ashes
Member since 2006 • 549 Posts

Worst thing that ever happened to me? I haven't been able to get River City Ransom to work anymore on my NES :cry:cfamgcn

I feel your pain...

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

My second girlfriend ever in grade 9... I had no money or no job. So I sold my favourite game of all time: Chrono Cross.. for 5 bucks at a pawn shop. Got dumped by her like a week later.

-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts
When my Dreamcast broke.
RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts
Playing Dragon Warrior 3 on the NES. I was in my 40s, in Dark Alefgard, getting ready to get the final items to beat the game. Tugged a little too hard on my controller, NES came crashing down to the floor. Picked it up, started up, the save file was corrupted. Lost everything. That was about 30 hours of gameplay lost.
vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts
My 6 year old nephew erased my Ninja Gaiden save. I tried so hard to beat that game and it was all for nothing.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
I was moving out of my apartment at about 11 pm on the last day of my lease and trying to get everything that was left over into a four door car, I had a box of trivial things that I decided to just throw in the dumpster, a few days later I realized that I had accidentally thrown out my copy of Earthbound. How it ended up in that box I am not sure, but I am sure it was in there. My stomach is turning just typing this post. In fact I wish this topic were never made.
dark_orb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 dark_orb
Member since 2004 • 1503 Posts

Playing Dragon Warrior 3 on the NES. I was in my 40s, in Dark Alefgard, getting ready to get the final items to beat the game. Tugged a little too hard on my controller, NES came crashing down to the floor. Picked it up, started up, the save file was corrupted. Lost everything. That was about 30 hours of gameplay lost.RossRichard

That's nothing, try having your friend "accidentally" save over your Final Fantasy VIII slot that happens to have 99+ hours invested in it.

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts

Spending over 100 hours in Suikoden III only to find out I have 107 characters instead of 108 and I had permanently missed one character somewhere along the way. For that one blunder I missed out on some extras at the end. Fast forward to 80 hours in Suikoden V and yes you guessed it, I missed another one somewhere and couldn't get him in.

I have been sworn off Suikoden for a long time to come.

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

My house was robbed

i lost my new (at the time, 2002) Gamecube, Dreamcast, Genesis, GBC, GBA, along with all the games for them, and most of my N64 games

They didn't find the N64 though, and it still had Banjo-Kazooie in it

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
my FF8 file being erased because it was saved on a crap knockoff memory card.
i loved that game and i levelled all of my characters up as much as i could. i was crushed when i found my file had been corrupted.
i never had the time or patience to start the game over again. i wish i could. and i will someday, because that game was pure awesomeness.
i also learned my lesson: always buy first party memory cards.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
i was attempting to beat the original resident evil without saving or using health. got to the final boss, brad threw me the rocket launcher, i shot it at tyrrant and it froze.
Wula_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Wula_
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts
When my Xbox started to crap out (the orignal not the 360) and has alot of trouble playing games now. So I picked up another off a friend. Same thing with the fatty PS2 its starting to crap out so I grabbed a slim for now till I can figure out how to get it back into gewd shape.
patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
when my memory card broke and deleted all my stuff, and it wasn't because i turned it off when it was loading, i don't now what happened, it sucked i don't play video games for like 2 weeks
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
When I was a little kid, my house got broken into when I was at school and someone stole my games. :( That incident made me really anal about my games and my possessions in general. Before then I used to let anyone borrow them who wanted them, invite people over to play them, etc. but now I usually won't let them out of my sight.
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
My bro got a PS3 on MY birthday :cry: When I was expecting one :cry:
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

My second girlfriend ever in grade 9... I had no money or no job. So I sold my favourite game of all time: Chrono Cross.. for 5 bucks at a pawn shop. Got dumped by her like a week later.

slimdave21

Chrono Cross for a girl ? pity...

roflmao :lol:

Jacken89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jacken89
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
when I bought a new system, but couldn't play it because we didn't have the right adapter/cords for connecting it to the tv
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#21 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
Probably having my brother "accidentally" save over my file of Legend of Dragoon. I was almost done with the game too :cry:
FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
[QUOTE="slimdave21"]

TheLegendKnight

Chrono Cross for a girl ? pity...

roflmao :lol:

seconded. wow... just wow.

FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
having what they call a life. Girlfriend always calls when i'm playing my goddamn games.
snakes3425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#24 snakes3425
Member since 2008 • 1508 Posts
Finding out the 20 year old NES we had didn't work.
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

Let's see, there are a couple: When I bought a new ps1 memory card a while back, it didn't work for some reason. None of my game files could be saved onto it. Also, my best friend borrowed FFVII a couple years ago, and his little brother stepped on one of the discs and broke it right in half. I finally bought a "new" copy not too long ago. I also wished I had taken care of my dreamcast games better; they're all scratched up and don't really work anymore. XD

I remember when I was in elementary school my brother had his own copy of Pokemon Blue. A couple weeks later I got my own copy, so there were 2 Pokemon Blues in our household. He had gotten all 150 pokemon without using cheatcodes, etc. in his Blue version. One day our copies got mixed up so I accidently was playing his own game without me knowing it. I decided that I would start a new game; turns out I erased my brother's file with all his 150 pokemon in it lol.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts

[QUOTE="cfamgcn"]Worst thing that ever happened to me? I haven't been able to get River City Ransom to work anymore on my NES :cry:To_Ashes

I feel your pain...

I just shed a tear for your loss....I'll hold a candle light vigil tonight with my NES and we'll see what we can do.

Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts

Pertaining to video games, the worst thing to ever happen to me was losing my two GameCube memory cards in 2003. Now, keep in mind that one was my original memory card, and the other was my backup. Well, both of them somehow got lost within a few days from each other. They had all of my original data for Melee, Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, and other games with which I spent many hours of my time. The loss made such a horrible impact that I stopped playing Melee for over a year, and Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine for over three years. Eventually, the sadness faded, and I learned to accept it.

However, late last year, I was looking through boxes in my garage. Keep in mind, I moved in 2005, and my family and I never completely unpacked our stuff. Well, guess who found the backup memory card? Yeah, it was dusty, but it was fully functional! I immediately rejoiced and copied the data to one of my newer memory cards.

PSX-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#28 PSX-man
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts

Okay, get a hold of this: My old PS2 started destroying my PSX and PS2 games!:cry: It destroyed Tekken 5, Mafia, True Crime: Streets Of LA and Bully. Among the PSX games, Syphon Filter 2 was completely destroyed.

Eventually I replaced the broken games with newer ones or by using a scratch repair module as well as buying a new PS2. Ever since that happened, I have never every played one of my PSX games in my PS2 again!

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

When I started playing Rainbow 6 3 Black Arrow and realized they dumbed down everything and it was not even close to as good as Rainbow 6 3.

When I started playing F-Zero on the Gamecube ( I loved Fzero on SNES) and found out it was redunkulously hard and cheap.

When I got a 512MB Memory card for the 360 to back up my save games and it deleted my game saves.

When I realized I wasted 3 years of my life playing Everquest.

When they stop support for the Origanal Xbox after only a short lifespan.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#31 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
I used to hate having to reconfigure computer memory every time I wanted to play an early PC game. Shuffling IRQs is not my idea of a good time. :(
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts

My Guinea pig chewing through my SNES cords, I couldnt find anymore :(

Recently, when I finally found MGS2 Substance for the Xbox, I brought it home, put it in, and it cant be played on a 360, so mad.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

my FF8 file being erased because it was saved on a crap knockoff memory card.
i loved that game and i levelled all of my characters up as much as i could. i was crushed when i found my file had been corrupted.
i never had the time or patience to start the game over again. i wish i could. and i will someday, because that game was pure awesomeness.
i also learned my lesson: always buy first party memory cards.
summer_star17x

A good thing to do is back up data to your PS2 memory card(s).

-Sphere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 -Sphere-
Member since 2008 • 1063 Posts

My bro got a PS3 on MY birthday :cry: When I was expecting one :cry:BFKZ

You gotta be kidding me, the exact same thing happened to me. I got an emial from my bro (who lives about 8 hours away) with the subject "Greatest Birthday Ever" on my birthday I open it to find he bought himself a PS3 for my birthday. I got a good laugh out of it though.

DOS4dinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 DOS4dinner
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts
The day my dad said "DOS games are too old to work on our new computer".
heyMr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 heyMr
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts

when I was around 10 or 11, my mom gave away my NES including 9 games behind my back.

I still have like 3 games left. (she gave away super mario 1 & 3 but i still have super mario 2, for some reason that just pisses me off even more.)

Diamhea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 Diamhea
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts
On my quest to attain the perfect Final Fantasy Tactics file (very difficult and testing procedure), I realized I passed an item that you only have one shot at....it hurt bad to start over but I had to.