Worst gaming company?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

What company that has anything to do with gaming do you hate the most?

You misnamed your thread, it should have been called "Worst gaming company (EA)" -- "Do you hate EA as much as I do?" right away, judging by your comments; no wonder you are playing PES 14 & NBA 2k14...

Still, FIFA outflanks PES in almost every aspect...

Agree to disagree, i have played enough of FIFA games the latest years to know it's crap :)

hehe the age old PES - FIFA debate :)

But it seems the last few years most have agreed that FIFA is the better game of the two, tho PES have made a decent comeback this year.

Still i would choose FIFA any day of the week , PES still has that old arcade football game to over it. And graphic wise it sucks, its pretty much the reverse of EA's NBA game.

Dude, it's the other way around FIFA is the arcade and PES is the sim. It's always been that way. PES has always been a sim mate

hehe matter of viewing side i guess Ride :) but read most reviews FIFA has been generally accepted as the best for a few years now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#52 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You misnamed your thread, it should have been called "Worst gaming company (EA)" -- "Do you hate EA as much as I do?" right away, judging by your comments; no wonder you are playing PES 14 & NBA 2k14...

Agree to disagree, i have played enough of FIFA games the latest years to know it's crap :)

But it seems the last few years most have agreed that FIFA is the better game of the two, tho PES have made a decent comeback this year.

Still i would choose FIFA any day of the week , PES still has that old arcade football game to over it. And graphic wise it sucks, its pretty much the reverse of EA's NBA game.

Dude, it's the other way around FIFA is the arcade and PES is the sim. It's always been that way. PES has always been a sim mate

hehe matter of viewing side i guess Ride :) but read most reviews FIFA has been generally accepted as the best for a few years now.

perhaps but i would say this years game was better. Way better graphics and gameplay compared to the others. Hell it has the Fox engine

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

perhaps but i would say this years game was better. Way better graphics and gameplay compared to the others. Hell it has the Fox engine

Ya, PES seems to have finally decided to do something about those graphics and not let EA run the show there.

But i will probably get both when i get my ps4 and xbox one on each system so i can change around a bit :)

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54  Edited By 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

Ethically, EA. Their list of deplorable business practices runs a mile long.

In terms of quality output, probably one of the near-infinite shovelware developers out there, especially the ones who make terrible smartphone games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Ya, PES seems to have finally decided to do something about those graphics and not let EA run the show there.

But i will probably get both when i get my ps4 and xbox one on each system so i can change around a bit :)

it's not out for the next gen systems, they are taking a break and using the time to get used to the next gen and put a great game out next year. So that's why it's not coming for next gen

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 5

#56 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

it's not out for the next gen systems, they are taking a break and using the time to get used to the next gen and put a great game out next year. So that's why it's not coming for next gen

See why it is better: EA has FIFA 14 on both PS4 & XB1, running the new Ignite graphic engine which makes it even greater on next-gen than on PS3/X360... :D

GrodaPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 GrodaPanda
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I think this whole discussion is ridiculous.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 The_Last_Ride

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

See why it is better: EA has FIFA 14 on both PS4 & XB1, running the new Ignite graphic engine which makes it even greater on next-gen than on PS3/X360... :D

Just because it's next gen, doesn't make it better

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

Oh, i thought PES also came out for next-gen

Hmm, then ill get it for x360 , still have a lot of playtime left in that system.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

True, but its a mistake by PES not to send it out on next-gen

They are going to give FIFA the head start and a lot of fan loyalty.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

FIFA is going to appeal to the casual players, the hardcore will stay with PES. AS long as EA is paying to keep all the rights for the teams, leagues and even the cups it's not going to be much of a contest anyways

Synapticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Synapticus
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

First of all, why the hate for microtransactions? There are a bunch of great games you can play for zero dollars for as long as you want thanks to microtransactions: Tribes Ascend, Path of Exile, Planetside 2, Tera, The Secret World, Card Hunter, DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2...

EA is pretty terrible, but it's hard to name a corporation of equivalent size and status that isn't. As far as I know they're not really trailblazing a trend of screwing consumers so much as they're stagnating the industry by releasing boring rehashes and poorly-designed and -tested products like SimCity. On-disc DLC and online passes are annoying, but I think both existed prior to EA using them. Do I think they're a terrible game company? Yes, but I don't think they're actively, intentionally terrible - just poorly managed and lazy.

If I had to pick the gaming company that gives me the most grief, it's Square Enix. I've played every Final Fantasy game since FFIV, including the spin offs and MMOs, and it's painful to see the franchise being dragged into the mud and trampled. Bioware's slow transition into cinematic mediocrity with the Dragon Age and Mass Effect series is nothing compared to Square Enix's total flogging of their IP.

...I can't seem to put text beneath the quote here, but @adrianjarca, I totally agree that Skyrim is a joke compared to Morrowind or even Oblivion in terms of its being dumbed down for a broader audience. I don't think they ruined Fallout so much as re-imagined it, but I think I know what you mean. Have you heard of Wasteland 2, a sequel to the game Fallout was based on that's closer to the first 2 fallout games in terms of gameplay?

@adrianjarca said:

5. Bethesda (for ruining Fallout and gradually destroying the Elder scrolls series with dumbed down sequels)

adrianjarca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 adrianjarca
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts

@Synapticus: Yep, keeping a close eye on that one and my fingers crossed. Can't wait till it comes out.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Zijuun
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

I've got to say Square Enix sucks @$$. I have never been fond of jrpgs in general. The storyline and gameplay in KH and FF lack but thousands of people buy them anyways which blows my mind when there are much better choices out there.

Activision's games do p!ss me off, including the-milking-of-the-COD-series. These days they produce some really bad games, back then they were awesome. EA has Battlefield 4 right now, so I can't hate on them really. And Capcom's games suck too.

But there are many more worse game companies out there.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

EA, if only because they broke my orderly Steam monopoly. I've forgone buying ME 3 (or the pack, as I wanted to) because it's only in their store and I don't like their fiendish DRM policies.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#66 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

FIFA is going to appeal to the casual players, the hardcore will stay with PES. AS long as EA is paying to keep all the rights for the teams, leagues and even the cups it's not going to be much of a contest anyways

Hahaha, that's why FIFA is much about e-sports nowadays, which according to you would be a merely casual phenomenon

Besides, FIFA is next-gen & it is better

alaimo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 alaimo1
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

EA

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 The_Last_Ride

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Hahaha, that's why FIFA is much about e-sports nowadays, which according to you would be a merely casual phenomenon

Besides, FIFA is next-gen & it is better

Well that's my opinion mate