Worst gaming company?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

What company that has anything to do with gaming do you hate the most?

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#2 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

EA. I mean what isn't there to hate? Online codes? Forced DRM that messed up games like SimCity. Microtransactions. The fact they can sell a yearly roster update for $60 and people keep buying it. They complain about how horrible used games are, yet it's their old sports games piling up in used bins. On disc DLC. And worst of all, they keep making money as long as they have exclusive rights to things like the NFL and now Star Wars. And all the little studios they bought up, then shut down.

Now I don't think they're the worst company of all. That whole voting them worst company of 2013 just happened because that was the time of the SimCity mess and it was fresh in people's memories but as awful as EA is when it comes to gaming business, at least they didn't cause someone to lose their house. I used to work for Bank of America and they are the devil (the stories I could tell about the 3 years I worked for their customer service) but EA is clearly the worst gaming company or rather publisher.

Though some of that crap MS tried to pull prior to their 180 made them a close second.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@kbaily said:

EA. I mean what isn't there to hate? Online codes? Forced DRM that messed up games like SimCity. Microtransactions. The fact they can sell a yearly roster update for $60 and people keep buying it. They complain about how horrible used games are, yet it's their old sports games piling up in used bins. On disc DLC. And worst of all, they keep making money as long as they have exclusive rights to things like the NFL and now Star Wars. And all the little studios they bought up, then shut down.

Now I don't think they're the worst company of all. That whole voting them worst company of 2013 just happened because that was the time of the SimCity mess and it was fresh in people's memories but as awful as EA is when it comes to gaming business, at least they didn't cause someone to lose their house. I used to work for Bank of America and they are the devil (the stories I could tell about the 3 years I worked for their customer service) but EA is clearly the worst gaming company or rather publisher.

Though some of that crap MS tried to pull prior to their 180 made them a close second.

Got to say the same EA is just plain crap as a publisher, requiring that all games have online from their developers is stupid. How does that even work for games like Dragon Age? But i think Activision is just as bad. Ruining their franchises until they can't make anymore money off from them. They ruined Guitar Hero and they have ruined Call of Duty. Hell they ruined High Moon studios, the guys that made the Transformers games. They haven't made games gamers want like Crash Bandicoot and other games in their library.

MS is not high ranked in my book because they just give the middle finger to anyone outside the US. Giving them a bareboned 360 with no apps and almost no online features.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Probably EA, but Nintendo/Microsoft/Square Enix/Capcom all do things that annoy the crap out of me as well.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

@crimsonman1245 said:

Probably EA, but Nintendo/Microsoft/Square Enix/Capcom all do things that annoy the crap out of me as well.

Yeah, but they aren't worse than EA imho. They pull crap, but the only company that compares are MS, Activision and Capcom

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Well, EA. I dislike a lot of their common practices. Micro transactions, yearly updates, online passes. That said, I still like a lot of their games. I was able to play and enjoy many games they published last gen and simply ignored the features or practices I didn't like. For example, though I hated Dead Space 3's microtransaction implementation, I just ignored it.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

RIOT (league of legends) their servers are getting better but sucked for the longest time.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No company is worse than EA,not even Activision.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Hmm, noone really.

im worried about Deep Silver tho, the shit they released in Ride to Hell is amazing and when someone can let that pass and demand full price for it, its a sign something is serious wrong.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I can't hate on EA. I honestly buy fifa every year and im never disappointed.

So I will go with Activision.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Hmm, noone really.

im worried about Deep Silver tho, the shit they released in Ride to Hell is amazing and when someone can let that pass and demand full price for it, its a sign something is serious wrong.

Don't forget the hardmode on Metro Last Light and advertised it as "the way the game was meant to be played"

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Hmm, noone really.

Don't forget the hardmode on Metro Last Light and advertised it as "the way the game was meant to be played"

Ya that was really bad, why do that? hey buy this game but you need to buy this extra to get the game like its supposed to be played.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I would say Capcom. Dead Rising 3 is a good start towards redemption, though. But it's just that, a start.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jacanuk

@Randolph said:

I would say Capcom. Dead Rising 3 is a good start towards redemption, though. But it's just that, a start.

So you are one of the few who actually like Dead Rising 3? :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Hmm, noone really.

Ya that was really bad, why do that? hey buy this game but you need to buy this extra to get the game like its supposed to be played.

That is just bad publishing, taking modes out of the game to earn money is greedy

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

I hate all companies with pretentious, lazy, stupid or supposedly smart or funny names. I mean, Thatgamecompany, Naughty Dog or CD Projekt RED; what kind of crappy names are that? They should all just go away...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@loafofgame said:

I hate all companies with pretentious, lazy, stupid or supposedly smart or funny names. I mean, Thatgamecompany, Naughty Dog or CD Projekt RED; what kind of crappy names are that? They should all just go away...

Really? Just because of their name?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Andela Andela, EA, EA. UH-OH

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

As ranked:

1 EA

2 Microsoft

3 Activision

4 Ubisoft

5 Sega

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I would need to give that to the company whose best games are a rental only and that would be Valve.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Nah, I thought my statement looked ridiculous enough not to be taken seriously. ;-)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

@loafofgame said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Nah, I thought my statement looked ridiculous enough not to be taken seriously. ;-)

yeah, i thought it was kinda out there :P

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Nintendo. Sick of people hating on EA and Activision, they make some of the best games on the market. People on gaming sites just want to hate because they're jealous more people play Madden, FIFA and Call of Duty than some nerd fest game they think everyone in the world should love.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Last_Ride

@darthgumballs said:

Nintendo. Sick of people hating on EA and Activision, they make some of the best games on the market. People on gaming sites just want to hate because they're jealous more people play Madden, FIFA and Call of Duty than some nerd fest game they think everyone in the world should love.

Wow... I don't know where to begin. Do you know what these guys do with their studios, games and their despicable business deals with games?

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

EA, it's pretty hard to think of another video game publisher that has a history that's as morally dubious.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@SirWander said:

EA, it's pretty hard to think of another video game publisher that has a history that's as morally dubious.

What exactly have they done that are morally wrong? i agree that EA has a bad tendency to ruin games with their tight deadlines and budgets but wanting to make money is not something morally wrong in my book.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kbaily

@darthgumballs said:

Call of Duty is made by Activision, not EA you idiot. Battlefield is EA's FPS franchise.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Last_Ride

@kbaily said:

@darthgumballs said:

Call of Duty is made by Activision, not EA you idiot. Battlefield is EA's FPS franchise.

The reason people hate those games is because they are just copy paste jobs with improved graphics and changed up rosters

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

What exactly have they done that are morally wrong? i agree that EA has a bad tendency to ruin games with their tight deadlines and budgets but wanting to make money is not something morally wrong in my book.

Practices such as locking content on the disc people already payed for then making them pay for it as "DLC" is pretty disgusting. Gutting developers in the name of profit, forcing them to implement unwarranted features, having online passes that can expire, spending a ridiculous amount of money on marketing and then blame used game sales for their lack of more profit, etc.

These are business practices that have somehow made them financially viable, while the pursuit of monetary gain is not inherently wrong the actions taken to achieve it can be.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@kbaily said:

@darthgumballs said:

Guess you didn't notice the "idiot" said both EA and Activision huh? Reading comprehension skills are important on a forum.. where you know, you have to read.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

I can't hate on EA. I honestly buy fifa every year and im never disappointed.

So I will go with Activision.

Yeah Activision sucks

murekkep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#32 murekkep
Member since 2005 • 758 Posts

EA. They're Monsanto of the gaming world.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kbaily

@alim298 said:

As ranked:

1 EA

2 Microsoft

3 Activision

4 Ubisoft

5 Sega

I see Ubisoft and Sega as more or less incompetent than downright evil. We all know Ubisoft had the brilliant idea to delay Rayman Legends whereas originally it was going to come out in March when there were no big releases to compete, then it got delayed to be multiplatform, so they moved it to the same month as GTAV and Pokémon and then they complain that the game didn't sell well. And Sega's mantra as of lately is, "if is ain't broke, find a way to break it." The finally got modern Sonic gameplay down fairly well with Colors and Generations but then they say "nah let's scrap that for an entirely new system." Sega, I admire you wanting to try new things, but changing the system up is only good WHEN IT WORKS, otherwise it's just another failed experiment. That was the consensus on motion controls at least.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacanuk

@SirWander said:

@Jacanuk said:

Practices such as locking content on the disc people already payed for then making them pay for it as "DLC" is pretty disgusting. Gutting developers in the name of profit, forcing them to implement unwarranted features, having online passes that can expire, spending a ridiculous amount of money on marketing and then blame used game sales for their lack of more profit, etc.

These are business practices that have somehow made them financially viable, while the pursuit of monetary gain is not inherently wrong the actions taken to achieve it can be.

True those pratices are bad but its no different than what every other company does. I get the dislike for EA but they aren't pure evil.

I dont like EA for ruining games, i don't really care about the DLC and Maxis or any of that because every other company out there is as bad, even Rockstar has put microtransactions in GTA V and blizzard with their Auction house and now hearthstone which is heavily micro to the ground.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Bethesda.

Capcom.

Nintendo.

EA.

Microsoft.

Sega.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@Gargus said:

Bethesda.

Capcom.

Nintendo.

EA.

Microsoft.

Sega.

Why Bethesda?

adrianjarca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By adrianjarca
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts

1. EA (for being evil)

2. Microsoft (for holding back gaming these past 8 years)

3. Sony (same as above)

4.Activision (for being a lesser version of EA)

5. Bethesda (for ruining Fallout and gradually destroying the Elder scrolls series with dumbed down sequels)

6. Capcom (for being greedy)

7. Sega (for ruining Total War and being all-round jerks)

@Jacanuk

This

"EA has a bad tendency to ruin games with their tight deadlines and budgets"

happens because of this

"want to make money"

There is a difference between making money to make games or making games to make money. The first approach usually produces good games but slightly lower profits (companies like Paradox or pre-WoW Blizzard operate(d) like that), the second approach maximizes income by catering to the lowest common denominator -12 year old console kiddies- at the cost of quality (companies like bethesda, activision and EA operate according to that principle)

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@darthgumballs said:

Wow... I don't know where to begin. Do you know what these guys do with their studios, games and their despicable business deals with games?

None of that matters, all that matters is a good end product which they always deliver.

tague33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tague33
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I think that the worst gaming company is EA they have a couple of good hits like Army of two well honestly that's all l like from them, but they don't have good games with servers or co-op. They try to make good shooters, but really treyarch and activision are beating them by so much they should just stop trying. Next they're going to try and make a RPG game when Bethesda is the best out there. I think that they should just make one last game and try there best to make it at least descent and then just go out and let the better company's make better games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@darthgumballs said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@darthgumballs said:

None of that matters, all that matters is a good end product which they always deliver.

No it's not, if you skip a year, you won't have missed a thing. I have played all of those franchises, they really aren't good, they are all generic as hell

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'd have to go with Square Enix and Microsoft

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#42 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

You misnamed your thread, it should have been called "Worst gaming company (EA)" -- "Do you hate EA as much as I do?" right away, judging by your comments; no wonder you are playing PES 14 & NBA 2k14...

Still, FIFA outflanks PES in almost every aspect...

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#43 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@darthgumballs said:

I second that, except that I don't hate Nintendo, either. What purpose has this publisher-bashing attitude anyway?--nobody is obliged to buy anybody's games, I suppose, so just leave them be...

Avatar image for IIBlackknightII
IIBlackknightII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By IIBlackknightII
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts

EA, Sony Online Entertainment & Activision as well.

EA Games - Battlefield series itself speaks for it.

SOE - DC Universe online - No different from EA titles . End game was the terrible aspect to experience with it. Community has become worst with their absurd demands due to new dlc arriving each time in 3 months & forcing people to go legendary access just to fill their pockets which wasn't enough at all.

High Moon Studios - Transformers games especially the pc version, no support/patch created to fix the bugs after game was created. Prime example - transformers - war for cybertron. Game is just completely infested of pirated & hackers inside the game that the game barely lasted for even a year.

I just find these games just overrated & nothing else.

Avatar image for deactivated-59cda6205cc59
deactivated-59cda6205cc59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#45 deactivated-59cda6205cc59
Member since 2012 • 122 Posts

EA

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

I like how your thread titles are in the following order:

Microsoft: "Still Learning" on microtransactions

Worst Business Practices in Games

Worst Gaming Company.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You misnamed your thread, it should have been called "Worst gaming company (EA)" -- "Do you hate EA as much as I do?" right away, judging by your comments; no wonder you are playing PES 14 & NBA 2k14...

Agree to disagree, i have played enough of FIFA games the latest years to know it's crap :)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Agree to disagree, i have played enough of FIFA games the latest years to know it's crap :)

hehe the age old PES - FIFA debate :)

But it seems the last few years most have agreed that FIFA is the better game of the two, tho PES have made a decent comeback this year.

Still i would choose FIFA any day of the week , PES still has that old arcade football game to over it. And graphic wise it sucks, its pretty much the reverse of EA's NBA game.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

Activision and Capcom, I'm still not over Resident Evil 6.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@VintAge68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

hehe the age old PES - FIFA debate :)

But it seems the last few years most have agreed that FIFA is the better game of the two, tho PES have made a decent comeback this year.

Still i would choose FIFA any day of the week , PES still has that old arcade football game to over it. And graphic wise it sucks, its pretty much the reverse of EA's NBA game.

Dude, it's the other way around FIFA is the arcade and PES is the sim. It's always been that way. PES has always been a sim mate