Worst Consoles Ever

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by asiandewd (60 posts) -
JK about the PS3
#102 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -

If you checkout out my profile, you'll see that I have almost all the major console releases. The worst has got to be the saturn. The games were using really early 3D graphics...that were really poor, so it actually seemed like a step backwards over the mega drive. The games or at least all the ones I played lacked any depth.

The dreamcast is probably one of the best systems that no one owned. I have recently purchased one with the games MSR and Shenmue. ......I really can't see what went wrong, the dreamcast is an extremly good machine

#103 Posted by sleepanimal (76 posts) -

Gameboy Color.

NO PERSONALITY!!!

#104 Posted by sleepanimal (76 posts) -

Playstation
Playstation 2
Playstation 3

.... Just kidding. :P (but I do wish Nintendo had been able to keep up)

Probably the Sega Saturn, purely and simply because as the sequel to the MegaDrive it flat out sucked.

BlackIsle_rip

WHAT???Sega Saturn had 2x32bit Hitachi Risk!!!500.000 polygons p/s!!! [i think ps gave out 380.000 (feel free to correct me, i'm not sure)]

Not to mention Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 2 !!!

I must admit it didn't have many games:(

#105 Posted by *Revelations (6406 posts) -

I'd have to go with the Saturn realistically. The library is so weak and proves how hard the technology was to make games for. And no, NiGHTS isn't a good game. :P

#106 Posted by gameguy6700 (12197 posts) -

I don't understand the Saturn hate. Yeah, it wasn't up to par with the PSX but it's far from being the worst console ever made. It has quite a few gems, though granted most of them were Japan-only. If anything the Sega CD was the worst system ever created. It had one good game (Sonic CD which was probably singly handedly responsible for 95% of SCD sales) and everything else was utter garbage.

#107 Posted by speed_ballz (50 posts) -
The Atari Jaguar and the Sega Saturn both bombed rather well if I remember correctly.
#108 Posted by jamestabang (832 posts) -

NES. Unsure about this, but maybe it would depend upon the game, not the console.

#109 Posted by SmashBrosLegend (11344 posts) -
I can't believe people are still saying Saturn. I'm just going to assume you've never played one, or are not old enough to remember it.
#110 Posted by garey017 (1666 posts) -

A console is only as good as the software for it. That's why people are mentioning the Saturn. I still wouldn't rank it anywhere near the "worst", but there wasn't exactly an abundance of thrilling games for it.

#111 Posted by Cristallis (667 posts) -
It has got to be the Amiga. But out of the consoles I owned, the Xbox.
#112 Posted by Jaybird36 (65 posts) -
I do research on the consoles I get so I don't get many bad ones but I have to say the virtual boy because it was bad for your health.
#113 Posted by Gt3guy5137 (152 posts) -

Dreamcast(looks like a copy of PS1). and Gamecube(though i like the games, the controller is bad):evil:

70% cow 30% sheep 0% lemming

jmdude
How the heck does it look the PS1 and if DC came before GC how could they copy ???
#114 Posted by acelex (17 posts) -
Worst console ever = Atari Jaguar
#115 Posted by krunkfu2 (4218 posts) -
virtual boy
#116 Posted by ishoturface (12460 posts) -

Dreamcast(looks like a copy of PS1). and Gamecube(though i like the games, the controller is bad):evil:

jmdude
dreamcast really sucks!%$&
#117 Posted by SmashBrosLegend (11344 posts) -

A console is only as good as the software for it. That's why people are mentioning the Saturn. I still wouldn't rank it anywhere near the "worst", but there wasn't exactly an abundance of thrilling games for it.

garey017
If you have the ability to import, you'd be hard-pressed to find a console half as good as the Saturn.
#118 Posted by Uhero41 (450 posts) -
Out of all the consoles I have played, I am going to have to go with Xbox, but it is not horrible or anything just my least favourite.
#119 Posted by skitz8 (104 posts) -

TIME FOR CONFLICT!!!

the NES!!!!

it only had a few good games but the rest were truly lackluster

#120 Posted by zpxkjp (163 posts) -

The Xbox360 a complete waste of money.

#121 Posted by gamecubedave000 (5967 posts) -

jmdude
Yes i would agree with you on your dreamcast statement, however the gamecube controller was comfortable and efficent. Oh and the gamecube console is great and not bad.
#122 Posted by PS2_PC_FAN (969 posts) -
I'd say Nintendo Gamecube.
#123 Posted by chazer127 (572 posts) -
I think the Sega CD, Although it did have some good games, It felt like a mega drive...
#124 Posted by TheLegendKnight (1853 posts) -
when i read this topic sega cd comes to my mind... or dreamcast
#125 Posted by garey017 (1666 posts) -
XBox 360 made the front page of Yahoo News because of how unreliable it is. I'd say that makes it rank up there. Of course, I'm not talking about the games, just the actual console hardware.
#126 Posted by southy787 (14564 posts) -

The Xbox360 a complete waste of money.

zpxkjp

How can you say that when there are many more games yet to be developed? Surely it's a premature to condemn it to an early fate because you haven't liked the games so far...