Why do many people hate on-rails gameplay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 0

#1 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts

I'm just curious about this. Games like Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles were really fun. Why is open world /sandbox more preferred among many gamers?

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts
I guess in an open world a person can feel more like they have a choice of what to do. Instead of just going with whatever the game makes you do. They give involvement and choice to the gamer.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts
i like both types of games but i guess the reason people prefer open ended is because you have more of a choice in were to go how to go and what to do were in rail shooters you limited to shooting in the direction the camera is facing
eckomisfit84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 eckomisfit84
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts

i enjoy both, mainly the dreamcast offerings, house of the dead 2 & vampire night. the arcade rocks for these c'mon ghost squad and time crisis...hell yeah!

but i think the equipment costs too damn much, you gotta get the game, then buy the damn light gun too- or sometimes the expensive package deal that saves you like only 10 bucks. i kinda feel the same way about these new music games like rockband and guitar hero. come one $100 dollars to play a video game and thats only for guitar hero forget rock band for all the damn instruments.i'm but a poor college student the games alone are too damn expensive.

i guess they know we'll still pay no matter the price..........

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Because they are youngsters and never got the chance to experience the magic of the Arcade. :(