Why Are Gamers So Easily Forgiving?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I buy games I'm interested in.  I don't buy a lot of EA sequels because they ruin them but I usually like the first game (i.e. Dead Space 1 is awesome).  Sure, I don't like how Capcom turned RE into an action game but that is not going to stop me from getting Dragon's Dogma.  I buy games based on how quality of the game is, not the company.  Considering there are only a few major game companies I'd really limit myself if I said I'd never again buy a game made or published by EA or Capcom.  Plus, I don't see the point in penalizing those who made the game just because the people making the business decisions don't always make the best ones (such as with DLC or online passes).

Also, gamers already feel too much like they are in charge of the games being made, just look at ME3, you'd think gamers were personally attacked or something.  I don't see this happening with movies, and I've seen a lot of bad movies (which brings up another point where it seems people are a lot more forgiving for a bad movie [just look at Avatar, awful story and one dimensional cookie cutter characters yet look at all the money it brought it] than a bad game).

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="Strider8009"]

[QUOTE="HipHopBeats"]

Dragon's Dogma. The best Capcom game I've played in a long time.

svaubel

And Capcom screwed those people over by re-releasing the game instead of providing it with actual DLC. 

Yup pretty much. It would have been very easy to have two versions of Dark Arisen: $20 DLC version for those that bought the original that is just the expansion, and $40 bundle with game + DLC to garner interest from people that have not bought the game.

But here we are, Capcom giving everyone that bought DD the middle finger since they expect us to buy the game again just to get the extra stuff.

Im surprised how people stay customers to companies that do this. I sure as hell dont feel like buying Capcom games anymore.

They changed other things with the main game, otherwise they wouldn't have done what they did. There were a lot of complaints gamers had with the game and capcom tried to go back and fix some of them. It's not just the new content. Yeah I guess they could have put it into a free update, but lets be real, no company does things for free.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#53 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"] But. . . . . But "Muh Splitscreen" ! :( .

lol, Does it have a Mercenaries Mode ?

Lulu_Lulu

No, and it doesn't have splitscreen either.

oh. . . . Wow You totally saved me from a huge mistake!

You're welcome :P

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Companies are going to do what they do and release the games they think are going to make them money.  There are the developers that actually try to pursue excellence with their games and take great pride in what they do and then there are the companies behind the devs pretty much telling them what to do. 

Capcom is a great example of some very talented individuals that sometimes get pretty much forced into situations they can't control.  Do you really think the devs of Street Fighter wanted locked characters and outfits? 

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
I really am not that forgiving i won't buy from a lot of companies regardless of how high profile the releases they have are until they proven that they have my best interests in mind again.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I buy games I'm interested in.  I don't buy a lot of EA sequels because they ruin them but I usually like the first game (i.e. Dead Space 1 is awesome).  Sure, I don't like how Capcom turned RE into an action game but that is not going to stop me from getting Dragon's Dogma.  I buy games based on how quality of the game is, not the company.  Considering there are only a few major game companies I'd really limit myself if I said I'd never again buy a game made or published by EA or Capcom.  Plus, I don't see the point in penalizing those who made the game just because the people making the business decisions don't always make the best ones (such as with DLC or online passes).

Also, gamers already feel too much like they are in charge of the games being made, just look at ME3, you'd think gamers were personally attacked or something.  I don't see this happening with movies, and I've seen a lot of bad movies (which brings up another point where it seems people are a lot more forgiving for a bad movie [just look at Avatar, awful story and one dimensional cookie cutter characters yet look at all the money it brought it] than a bad game).

blueboxdoctor

Not the case with movies? No I think it is. Have you seen what people did when Dragon Ball Evolution came out? I think they were worse then the people complaining about ME3. Well maybe not worse. But still, it was completely ridiculous.