Why Are Gamers So Easily Forgiving?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Strider8009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Strider8009
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts

Throughout this gen Capcom has screwed us over more times than the prostitutes at the bunny ranch. Of course other companies like EA and Activision has done the same but when they announce a new sequel, gamers immediately forget about all the bad things that they did to us prior and flatout say things like "I love you Capcom, EA, or Activision!" 

Most of the talented developers that Capcom once had are all gone and most of what they got are a bunch of stooges that do what the suits tell them to do, and you got all the mediocre devs that Capcom keeps outsourcing their games to. The only good devs that Capcom outsourced one of their games to was Wayforward with DuckTales. But even when it's a mediocre developer, that doesn't stop gamers from thinking that the game is in deep sh**. . . . And there's the DLC that Capcom is so infamous for, they forget that too. 

Maybe it's fanboyism and low self-esteem, I mean I have enough pride to go and say that I rather have no Power Stone 3 than a terrible, bare-bone game with a bunch of DLC characters tied to it while others don't. 

So is the gaming society f***ed?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
Wow ! Okay uhm. . . . . The Majority of people who keep buying those games arent that attached to the company as much as we think they are. I think normal gamers buys what they want and move on, I doubt they login to the company's forum and say thank you or b!tch about it.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I think there are gamers that are a bit too nitpicky as well.

DmC, for example, is a pretty solid game. It's my second favorite Devil May Cry game, in fact, and the majority of people that trash it are the people that never played it. 

Don't get me wrong, Capcom (among other publishers) did some pretty terrible crap this generation but I'm not going to let those practices stop me from playing games that I think look genuinely interesting. I simply won't support the practices. 

Though I will freely admit I'll pretty much buy anything with the words "Resident Evil" in it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

DmC, for example, is a pretty solid game. It's my second favorite Devil May Cry game, in fact, and the majority of people that trash it are the people that never played it. 

Don't get me wrong, Capcom (among other publishers) did some pretty terrible crap this generation but I'm not going to let those practices stop me from playing games that I think look genuinely interesting. I simply won't support the practices. 

Though I will freely admit I'll pretty much buy anything with the words "Resident Evil" in it.

IndianaPwns39
RE ORC just became available for $20 and I was seriously contemplating getting it, despite the reviews reccomending I turn away. If the price goes down again then I'm screwed.
JohnTheGrudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JohnTheGrudge
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
The only Capcom title I'm really interested in these days is Street Fighter and all the dlc and updates is nothing new. So far I have no complaints. I wouldn't consider myself as forgiving. I've been willing to buy SFIV, then the SSFIV disc then the Arcade Edition dlc because it's a quality product that I still enjoy playing. I definitely wouldn't extend that praise to the rest of Capcom's stable though. At the end of the day developers/publishers don't do bad things to us. They produce a product that we either want to buy or we don't.
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Throughout this gen Capcom has screwed us over more times than the prostitutes at the bunny ranch. Of course other companies like EA and Activision has done the same but when they announce a new sequel, gamers immediately forget about all the bad things that they did to us prior and flatout say things like "I love you Capcom, EA, or Activision!" 

Most of the talented developers that Capcom once had are all gone and most of what they got are a bunch of stooges that do what the suits tell them to do, and you got all the mediocre devs that Capcom keeps outsourcing their games to. The only good devs that Capcom outsourced one of their games to was Wayforward with DuckTales. But even when it's a mediocre developer, that doesn't stop gamers from thinking that the game is in deep sh**. . . . And there's the DLC that Capcom is so infamous for, they forget that too. 

Maybe it's fanboyism and low self-esteem, I mean I have enough pride to go and say that I rather have no Power Stone 3 than a terrible, bare-bone game with a bunch of DLC characters tied to it while others don't. 

Strider8009
It's steam summer sale :)
gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

I'm not particularly forgiving, but I think en masse gamers tend to have 1. short memories and 2. short attention spans. So whilst I have been boycotting Ubisoft for 3 years due to their Online Services Platform DRM, I think others forgot about it somewhat. Likewise with EA and the SimCity fiasco; It's very clear that well over a million people were happy enough to buy SimCity irrespective of how stripped-down and limited that version of the game was compared to old SimCity.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Kids get so excited about a new game release that they ignore the fact that the last 3 games were buggy and broken - and thoroughly un-enjoyable - at launch.  Their little skulls haven't fully hardened yet.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Throughout this gen Capcom has screwed us over more times than the prostitutes at the bunny ranch. Of course other companies like EA and Activision has done the same but when they announce a new sequel, gamers immediately forget about all the bad things that they did to us prior and flatout say things like "I love you Capcom, EA, or Activision!"

Strider8009

'Someone showed fun looking gameplay, then fans of the original were cautiously optimistic about it despite the developers track record! What is the world coming to!' :lol:. Maybe you need to take up knitting, alt account person.

knitting2.png?t=1345462123293

Last but not least, a game being 'in 'deep sh**' is a bad thing, as is a game being sh**, though a game being 'the sh**' is a good thing. I know its confusing.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#10 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Cause they gotta have their game fix, regardless of how much anti-consumer BS is attached to said game.

People should stick to their principles.

I for one refuse to buy a game that requires an internet connection (eg: Diablo 3 PC, or SimCity). Why? Because eventually the servers will get shut down, then you can no longer use what you payed money for. I also have a really hard time justifying paying for multiplayer ala XBL or the PSN come PS4. So I just bought this new shiny game and enjoyed it, but if I want to play with my friend online I have to pay even more money to be able to access the rest of the game? Screw that.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I'm not particularly forgiving, but I think en masse gamers tend to have 1. short memories and 2. short attention spans. So whilst I have been boycotting Ubisoft for 3 years due to their Online Services Platform DRM, I think others forgot about it somewhat. Likewise with EA and the SimCity fiasco; It's very clear that well over a million people were happy enough to buy SimCity irrespective of how stripped-down and limited that version of the game was compared to old SimCity.

gbrading

I'm not so sure about that. More likely than not many bought it without knowing what they were getting into. It was really Simcity Online, but EA knew that would cause people who didn't want to play online to ignore it, so they just positioned it as a real Simcity game. I'd say that it is an example of a company thinking in the short term. Gamer discontent with a game (especially a sequel) rarely harms the game itself, what it really impacts is the next sequel (the reviled DMC2 sold fine because DMC1 fans rushed out and bought it on day 1, it was the superb DMC3 that had problems selling).

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Capcom has released some of the best games this generation, so making some DLC doesn't wash that all away. You are not entitled to the DLC, buy it or not.
Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Exiled_Badger
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts
I just don't think gamers care as much. I, myself don't really follow what game companies do or say. I just buy games that look cool, fun, interesting, etc. If it isnt, I take it back and move on. Simple.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Capcom has released some of the best games this generation, so making some DLC doesn't wash that all away. You are not entitled to the DLC, buy it or not.GodModeEnabled
You're gonna have to give me some examples before I buy that one.
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Wow ! Okay uhm. . . . . The Majority of people who keep buying those games arent that attached to the company as much as we think they are. I think normal gamers buys what they want and move on, I doubt they login to the company's forum and say thank you or b!tch about it.Lulu_Lulu

Well lets take for core gaming community, for example gamespot users.

For years the majority of people on this forum have bitched about EA time and time again, voting them the worst game developer/publisher, hating on their games, saying they are boycotting EA and so on. But despite this going on for years as soon as E3 hits and battlefront 3 and mirrors edge 2 is announced suddenly the majority start praising EA, saying "TAKE MY MONEY NOW" and applauding a company they have hated literally for years in a matter of just a few minutes simply because they announce 2 new games.

I saw the same thing on reddit also. For years there was a constant stream of hateful memes, but soon as those games are announced I see a flood of love for EA memes.

I dont think its forgiving, I just think it is being a hypocrite.

I wasnt saying this about everyone now. Some never hated EA, some still are sticking to their guns, Im just saying the majority.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"]Wow ! Okay uhm. . . . . The Majority of people who keep buying those games arent that attached to the company as much as we think they are. I think normal gamers buys what they want and move on, I doubt they login to the company's forum and say thank you or b!tch about it.Gargus

Well lets take for core gaming community, for example gamespot users.

For years the majority of people on this forum have bitched about EA time and time again, voting them the worst game developer/publisher, hating on their games, saying they are boycotting EA and so on. But despite this going on for years as soon as E3 hits and battlefront 3 and mirrors edge 2 is announced suddenly the majority start praising EA, saying "TAKE MY MONEY NOW" and applauding a company they have hated literally for years in a matter of just a few minutes simply because they announce 2 new games.

I saw the same thing on reddit also. For years there was a constant stream of hateful memes, but soon as those games are announced I see a flood of love for EA memes.

I dont think its forgiving, I just think it is being a hypocrite.

I wasnt saying this about everyone now. Some never hated EA, some still are sticking to their guns, Im just saying the majority.

I see what you mean, on this site it actualy seems like its the same people, but I never go into those threads, I only visited the Titanfall hype thread to find out exactly what it was.
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Capcom has released some of the best games this generation, so making some DLC doesn't wash that all away. You are not entitled to the DLC, buy it or not.El_Zo1212o

Well theres the early ones, like DMC 4, RE 5 and SF IV oh and SC 4 aswell. But lately it seems like only DmC is the only that didn't deserve all the hate despite Capcom only published the game, (I didn't bother including the later versions of Street Fighter)

oh, almost forgot. . . . Street Fighter X Tekken was Awesome though ! I should get around to playing Soul Calibur games aswell. I think the outsourced games were also good, Asura's Wrath, DmC, Dark Void, and hopefully Lost Planet 3. . . . . . You know what, you can throw in Remember Me in that list aswell.

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

I still don't buy EA or Ubisoft titles. I bent with Capcom for E.X. Troopers though, but that's because it was so good I couldn't pass it up.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
So easy to forgive? Gamers can be the bunch that can hold a grudge for a long time, however they will speak up and loudly at that but eventually it will die down and it'll either linger under the surface or they eventually just don't bother with it anymore.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GodModeEnabled
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Capcom has released some of the best games this generation, so making some DLC doesn't wash that all away. You are not entitled to the DLC, buy it or not.El_Zo1212o

Resident Evil 5, Street fighter 4.
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Capcom has released some of the best games this generation, so making some DLC doesn't wash that all away. You are not entitled to the DLC, buy it or not.GodModeEnabled

Dragon's Dogma. The best Capcom game I've played in a long time.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#22 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Because with a game you can make terrible business practices and still put out a quality product.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#23 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] You're gonna have to give me some examples before I buy that one.HipHopBeats

Your sig is nuts.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] You're gonna have to give me some examples before I buy that one.HipHopBeats

That one looks like fun but I havent gotten around to playing it. Also: Dead Rising Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Megaman 8 bit reboots
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Capcom has released some of the best games this generation, so making some DLC doesn't wash that all away. You are not entitled to the DLC, buy it or not.Lulu_Lulu

Well theres the early ones, like DMC 4, RE 5 and SF IV oh and SC 4 aswell. But lately it seems like only DmC is the only that didn't deserve all the hate despite Capcom only published the game, (I didn't bother including the later versions of Street Fighter)

oh, almost forgot. . . . Street Fighter X Tekken was Awesome though ! I should get around to playing Soul Calibur games aswell. I think the outsourced games were also good, Asura's Wrath, DmC, Dark Void, and hopefully Lost Planet 3. . . . . . You know what, you can throw in Remember Me in that list aswell.

That's kind of a ho hum list. Dark Void was awesome, but it came out before it was cool to hate on Capcom. I'm pretty sure Soul Calibur is a Namco franchise. Lost Planet 2 was awesome, but it was too Japanese to be very successful stateside. Lost Planet 3 looks boring as hell, though. Resident Evil 5 was simply atrocious. 2 player co op is a definite win, but trying to adhere to a survival horror control scheme in a franchise that's been turned into an action shooter is just too much fail. I won't weigh in on Street Fighter or any of the recent crossover games- I don't play modern fighters any more. they just annoy me.
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] You're gonna have to give me some examples before I buy that one.El_Zo1212o

That's kind of a ho hum list. Dark Void was awesome, but it came out before it was cool to hate on Capcom. I'm pretty sure Soul Calibur is a Namco franchise. Lost Planet 2 was awesome, but it was too Japanese to be very successful stateside. Lost Planet 3 looks boring as hell, though. Resident Evil 5 was simply atrocious. 2 player co op is a definite win, but trying to adhere to a survival horror control scheme in a franchise that's been turned into an action shooter is just too much fail. I won't weigh in on Street Fighter or any of the recent crossover games- I don't play modern fighters any more. they just annoy me.

You forgot to address DMC4, which is one of my biggest disappointments of this generation. Too easy, uninspired, cut-and-paste mediocrity. 

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#27 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

I don't know too many people who are loyal to any specific company. If a game's good, people will buy it regardless of who develops/publishes it.

Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zuzuvela
Member since 2013 • 1993 Posts
Because we're arent special,we're consumers like in any other industry If we are being a product/service we arent happy with, we complain/ask for a refund and dont buy If we are being given a product/service we are happy with...we will buy it Its that simple,Capcom gets hate because they make decisions their consumers dont like If they do provide something we do like,the other stuff that doesnt relate to the product dont matter
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
I wouldn't say gamers are forgiving at all. In fact I'd say lot's make big deals out of little errors and somethings we'll never hear the end of. Personally I treat games like I treat anyother form of media, I just buy for what I think will be enjoyable at a price I think it's worth. Involves a lot of waiting but there's always benefits
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"] Well theres the early ones, like DMC 4, RE 5 and SF IV oh and SC 4 aswell. But lately it seems like only DmC is the only that didn't deserve all the hate despite Capcom only published the game, (I didn't bother including the later versions of Street Fighter)

ReddestSkies

You forgot to address DMC4, which is one of my biggest disappointments of this generation. Too easy, uninspired, cut-and-paste mediocrity. 

Didn't want to rip on a game when I haven't played the series since number 2.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Strider8009
Eh? not quite sure what your trying to say here. But i am a gamer and therefore i buy games so i can play the GAME.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

Lulu_Lulu

RE ORC just became available for $20 and I was seriously contemplating getting it, despite the reviews reccomending I turn away. If the price goes down again then I'm screwed.

It just became $20? Where the hell do you live :P

Here in the States it's about $10 new and $4 for a used copy.

Anyway, ORC wasn't too great and I think playing it is a waste of time. 

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lulu_Lulu

[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

IndianaPwns39

It just became $20? Where the hell do you live :P

Here in the States it's about $10 new and $4 for a used copy.

Anyway, ORC wasn't too great and I think playing it is a waste of time. 

lol, South Africa. Actualy its R200 (Rand) and I haven't checked the exchange rate in a long time (last time it was $1=R8.50) so maybe it not be $20, but I'm not good at math so I simply divide/multiply it by 10 and BAM ! . . . . American Currency !
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulu_Lulu
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] You're gonna have to give me some examples before I buy that one.

OMG ! Soul Calibur is by Namco ! How the hell did I miss that, :( (it explains why it never made its way to the PC).

Anyway what about the Lost In Nightmares DLC for RE5, that must've atleast net some points to trying to blend Co-op and Survival Horror, I mean. . . . . It certainly proves its possible. . . . . right? As for the rest of the game itself I'd say it was an excellent game and an improvement over RE4 even without factoring Shinji Mikami not making RE5. Meaning RE6 Has no excuse, they did prove that they could manage without him after all.

as for Lost Planet I loved the 2nd one, they just gotta give squad commands (like in President Evil 5 & 6) for solitary playthroughs. And for the one coming later this year, I have no Idea what to expect (since I never played the 1st), word is its gona be more story driven than 2 was, alot more from the sound of it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44340 Posts
I enjoyed pretty much all of Capcom's games this gen myself including Resident Evil 5 and 6 so it's not like I'm being "forgiving". As long as they put out games that I enjoy then I'll keep buying them. People seem to think that those who complain on forums is representative of the rest of the fanbase. That can be true sometimes but certainly not always.
Strider8009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Strider8009
Member since 2012 • 26 Posts

And Capcom screwed those people over by re-releasing the game instead of providing it with actual DLC. 

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

I think gaming can be viewed very much in the same way as addiction can.  As long as people get their fix, they'll go to the ends of the Earth and will tolerate hell to achieve it.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
  1. most gamers don't know they are getting screwed
  2. most gamers don't know about all of these shady things because they don't care to know
  3. most gamers buy used games
  4. most gamers don't buy online passess unless it says cod or bf
  5. most gamers just love games....
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

RE ORC just became available for $20 and I was seriously contemplating getting it, despite the reviews reccomending I turn away. If the price goes down again then I'm screwed.Lulu_Lulu

I'm a lifelong fan of RE and I'm telling you now, DON'T BUY THAT PIECE OF SHIT GAME.

I nabbed it dirt cheap and still felt screwed.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I've never really felt screwed over by Capcom. Well, OK, their practices with DLC for fighting games is ridiculous, but I am not even a huge fan of their fighting games. I've boughten some, but I didn't bother with much of their DLC.

But I enjoyed a lot of their games this gen. And I have seen absolutely nothing wrong with their use of DLC, aside from fighting games. Though I admit, I was a little upset with what they did with the new DmC game. But I still plan to try it out. It still seems like it could be a good game.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"] RE ORC just became available for $20 and I was seriously contemplating getting it, despite the reviews reccomending I turn away. If the price goes down again then I'm screwed.dvader654

I'm a lifelong fan of RE and I'm telling you now, DON'T BUY THAT PIECE OF SHIT GAME.

Same here. That game is an abomination.

Calling ORC an abomination might be an insult to abominations.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I don't know too many people who are loyal to any specific company. If a game's good, people will buy it regardless of who develops/publishes it.

Blueresident87
You're lucky you haven't run into all the people that throw their life savings at Valve and ignore how the company consistently disappoints and lies to gamers. But it's more hate than loyalty....anti-loyalty? Some people won't buy ANY EA games out of naivete but then buy every COD game that comes out. Gamers sometimes take things personally and it's kinda ridiculous.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"] Well theres the early ones, like DMC 4, RE 5 and SF IV oh and SC 4 aswell. But lately it seems like only DmC is the only that didn't deserve all the hate despite Capcom only published the game, (I didn't bother including the later versions of Street Fighter)

OMG ! Soul Calibur is by Namco ! How the hell did I miss that, :( (it explains why it never made its way to the PC).

Anyway what about the Lost In Nightmares DLC for RE5, that must've atleast net some points to trying to blend Co-op and Survival Horror, I mean. . . . . It certainly proves its possible. . . . . right? As for the rest of the game itself I'd say it was an excellent game and an improvement over RE4 even without factoring Shinji Mikami not making RE5. Meaning RE6 Has no excuse, they did prove that they could manage without him after all.

as for Lost Planet I loved the 2nd one, they just gotta give squad commands (like in President Evil 5 & 6) for solitary playthroughs. And for the one coming later this year, I have no Idea what to expect (since I never played the 1st), word is its gona be more story driven than 2 was, alot more from the sound of it.

I got called recently for claiming Breath of Fire was a Square franchise. I never played the DLC for RE5. Played through it once with my brother, let it languish on my shelf until just before it became totally worthless and then sold it. I never thought it was a bad game, but it was weird using what was basically the same tank controls from RE2. Lost Planet 3 seems to want to focus on being a Giant Robot Pilot game, and is no longer co op, so I'm out. Still hoping to see EX Troopers come stateside.
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lulu_Lulu
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] That's kind of a ho hum list. Dark Void was awesome, but it came out before it was cool to hate on Capcom. I'm pretty sure Soul Calibur is a Namco franchise. Lost Planet 2 was awesome, but it was too Japanese to be very successful stateside. Lost Planet 3 looks boring as hell, though. Resident Evil 5 was simply atrocious. 2 player co op is a definite win, but trying to adhere to a survival horror control scheme in a franchise that's been turned into an action shooter is just too much fail. I won't weigh in on Street Fighter or any of the recent crossover games- I don't play modern fighters any more. they just annoy me.

I got called recently for claiming Breath of Fire was a Square franchise. I never played the DLC for RE5. Played through it once with my brother, let it languish on my shelf until just before it became totally worthless and then sold it. I never thought it was a bad game, but it was weird using what was basically the same tank controls from RE2. Lost Planet 3 seems to want to focus on being a Giant Robot Pilot game, and is no longer co op, so I'm out. Still hoping to see EX Troopers come stateside.

I agree with you in regards to LP2's Co-Op. It doesnt make sense they would add Co-Op to a game that doesnt need it (RE5) and leave it out of a game that made great use of it (LP2).
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lulu_Lulu

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

IndianaPwns39

Same here. That game is an abomination.

But. . . . . But "Muh Splitscreen" ! :( .

lol, Does it have a Mercenaries Mode ?

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#47 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

[QUOTE="HipHopBeats"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] Resident Evil 5, Street fighter 4.Strider8009

And Capcom screwed those people over by re-releasing the game instead of providing it with actual DLC. 

Yup pretty much. It would have been very easy to have two versions of Dark Arisen: $20 DLC version for those that bought the original that is just the expansion, and $40 bundle with game + DLC to garner interest from people that have not bought the game.

But here we are, Capcom giving everyone that bought DD the middle finger since they expect us to buy the game again just to get the extra stuff.

Im surprised how people stay customers to companies that do this. I sure as hell dont feel like buying Capcom games anymore.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 IndianaPwns39

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"] Same here. That game is an abomination.Lulu_Lulu

No, and it doesn't have splitscreen either.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lulu_Lulu

[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

IndianaPwns39

No, and it doesn't have splitscreen either.

oh. . . . Wow You totally saved me from a huge mistake!
Avatar image for experience_fade
experience_fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 experience_fade
Member since 2012 • 347 Posts
In my opinion, gamers aren't forgiving enough. Most of them are entitled jerks. The whole community has become aggressively cynical. To me, this hurts the industry far more than DLC and online passes. So many people won't play an EA game because of their policies. Or they'll give up on a series because one of the games in the franchise wasn't up to snuff in their opinion (ex. Dragon Age 2). Or they'll ignore an FPS franchise/title because they feel the genre is over-saturated. Or they won't give a console a chance because they're mad at the company. Or they'll boycott a franchise because it has new yearly iterations. It's downright ridiculous, and as much as rising costs play a factor in fewer new IPs, the aforementioned displays of mentality are just as hurtful. Why start a new IP, like Ryse, when everyone crucifies it before it even comes out? Just my two cents.