Who's pumped for Hotline Miami 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#1 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I sure as hell am. I recently played the first game and it's just awesome in every way. I can't wait to see what gets done with the multiple characters aspect and what they do with the story.

What do you want to see? I personally would like to see masks make a return... The way they're doing it in this game I think is having each character have a set of abilities and weapons... Not sure if masks will still be a thing or not. Also, since there are multiple characters, how about some co op? That'd be awesome.

Also, level editor? Hell fucking yes. Who else can't wait for Hotline Miami 2?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Yeah. The first was one of the best games of last generation.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#3 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

The masks are still around, they're just assigned to different characters. They still grant different abilities and what not, but having them act as totally unique characters creates some far more interesting, ridiculous dynamics. For instance, one of the masks puts you in control of two characters simultaneously; one wielding a chainsaw, the other a rifle. Really curious to see what else they do with that.

Above all, though, I'm mostly looking forward to hearing the soundtrack. That was easily the best part of the last game -- it's so good -- so I'm hoping the sequel's is just as good.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#4 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

Indeed

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts
@Minishdriveby said:

usaking976127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By usaking976127
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Meh... I don't really care. The first game was pretty good, but I never beat it because the difficulty of certain levels made it feel like a chore to play. I'm sure Hotline Miami 2 will be the same (in terms of difficulty).

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

I sure as hell am. I recently played the first game and it's just awesome in every way. I can't wait to see what gets done with the multiple characters aspect and what they do with the story.

What do you want to see? I personally would like to see masks make a return... The way they're doing it in this game I think is having each character have a set of abilities and weapons... Not sure if masks will still be a thing or not. Also, since there are multiple characters, how about some co op? That'd be awesome.

Not here , didn't play the first and have no intention of playing it, don't like developers behind it or the 2d 80´s graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

Not here , didn't play the first and have no intention of playing it, don't like developers behind it or the 2d 80´s graphics.

2/10

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I'll play it for sure. I'm not super excited though. I got tired of playing the first game once all the flashback levels came. It felt like Return of the King where the climax happened and then the movie keeps going for another hour for some reason. The character change was cool at first but after 5 levels I was done. I'll probably buy this once it's on sale for $10 or so.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 turtlethetaffer

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

What? Why the hell not?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Of course! And I haven't even finished the first one. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Aye, the most anticipated for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Senor_Kami said:

I'll play it for sure. I'm not super excited though. I got tired of playing the first game once all the flashback levels came. It felt like Return of the King where the climax happened and then the movie keeps going for another hour for some reason. The character change was cool at first but after 5 levels I was done. I'll probably buy this once it's on sale for $10 or so.

But the biker only had four levels.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 turtlethetaffer

@toast_burner said:

@Senor_Kami said:

But the biker only had four levels.

Also the whole point of it was to shed light on what happened... And the game isn't even very long to begin with. So... What??

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

What? Why the hell not?

The graphics and gameplay doesn't appeal to me.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

@turtlethetaffer: It went longer than I was interested in it going and the story wasn't something where I was dying to see what the root of it was. If the gameplay was getting better and better maybe it would have kept me interested but it wasn't for me.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 turtlethetaffer

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

What? Why the hell not?

Don't you love the Hitman games? Hotline Miami is stealth action too. Although more focus on the action part and arcade type gameplay.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jacanuk

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

What? Why the hell not?

Don't you love the Hitman games? Hotline Miami is stealth action too. Although more focus on the action part and arcade type gameplay.

Yes, i love the Hitman games but as a story gamer , i play games for the story and the games without a story has to have something else like good graphics, great gameplay or like Papers Please had choices that still long after lingers in the back.

Hotline Miami has terrible top-down graphics, bad gameplay and horrible controls imo so simply it doesnt appeal and hotline 2 is the same.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

What? Why the hell not?

Yes, i love the Hitman games but as a story gamer , i play games for the story and the games without a story has to have something else like good graphics, great gameplay or like Papers Please had choices that still long after lingers in the back.

Hotline Miami has terrible top-down graphics, bad gameplay and horrible controls imo so simply it doesnt appeal and hotline 2 is the same.

As a story gamer Hotline Miami should be right up your alley. It's non-chronological postmodern narrative has some great symbolism and themes that allow for good analysis and interpretation, something any great narrative should display.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I don't completely understand the obsession with this game, but I suppose the soundtrack was awesome and was sort of fun making it through the game. I didn't really follow what little of a story there was. I don't know, the game was just too frustrating for me to be enjoyable. I eventually got the hang of it and mastered most of the levels I guess, but I'm not jumping up and down over a sequel. I might play it if it pops up on PS+ eventually, which was the only reason I played the first one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

What? Why the hell not?

Your trolling is weak. If you haven't played the game what makes you think the controls are bad?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@toast_burner said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

What? Why the hell not?

Your trolling is weak. If you haven't played the game what makes you think the controls are bad?

Tried a game and played a game is not the same thing.

And i didn´t say i hadn't tried it or didn't own it afterall its not like it hasn't been in a few bundles right......

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 turtlethetaffer

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Jacanuk said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

What? Why the hell not?

You do know that Hotline Miami actually DOES have a story, right? It's just open to interpretation for a lot of it and you need to connect things yourself. While I will admit that not much of consequence happens for the first six or seven chapters apart from getting a girlfriend, in the latter half it becomes a lot more interesting and weird.

Plus I have no idea what you're talking about with controls. They work like a dream for me and feel hyper responsive. I mean I played it on PC so that might have something to do with it but still. The bad gameplay comment is entirely subjective but I don't think you can really argue that, with the PC version at least, the controls are tight and responsive. It's one thing to just say that a game isn't your cup of tea but another to call it outright bad, because there is a difference between the two.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 outworld222  Online
Member since 2004 • 4225 Posts

I am. But any chance this will be one day on the 3DS?

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#25 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

I liked Hotline Miami.

But I didnt love it compared to others. So I am not too excited for another

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 turtlethetaffer

@outworld222: IDK if the controls would work very well on the 3DS. It'd be awesome if they did but I don;t see a way they could. At least not with the smoothness of the PC.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

The game doesn't seem to have improved a lot compared to its predecessor but I still am looking forward to more of the same violence, creepy atmosphere and grim story.