Which mission in 'Dishonored' is your favorite?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

Poll Which mission in 'Dishonored' is your favorite? (13 votes)

Returning Home (prologue) 0%
Dishonored 15%
High Overseer Campbell 0%
House of Pleasure 23%
The Royal Physician 0%
Lady Boyle's Last Party 31%
Return to the Tower 8%
The Flooded District 23%
The Loyalists 0%
The Light at the End 0%

It has taken me three playthroughs of Dishonored to really appreciate it.

When I first played it, I liked the first half...but then, once I realized that it wasn't going to end after eliminating the Lord Regent, I got impatient and just rushed through the last three missions without giving a ****. I despised 'The Flooded District' mission. I then played through all the DLC, and semi-rushed through that. I somewhat took my time, but my patience had worn thin.

I replayed the main game a couple of months later, but only the first several missions. I stopped at 'Return to Dunwall Tower' because I did not want to deal with 'The Flooded District' mission again.

Now, over a year after beating it the first time, I started a third playthrough. Boy, I'm having a blast. I've finally mastered the skill of sneaking and staying in Low Chaos (I only killed ONE person in the 'Return to Dunwall Tower' mission, and it was the Royal Interrogator (the torturer). He was the only one who ever spotted me (still got a stealth kill, though).

Additionally, despite it having been a mission that I had despised previously, 'The Flooded District' has become my favorite mission in the whole game.

Goddamn, I love this game. I'm going to replay all the Daud DLC as well, once I'm done with the main game.

So, just so that this thread isn't me just sucking my own dick....what are your favorite things about this game? Least favorite things? Don't forget to vote in the poll, hmkay?

• 
mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Gonna download it next month through PS Plus. Love that game

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I won't lie, I loved Lady Boyle's Last Party. It was so different from the rest of the game in that you were undercover. It felt awesome to sneak by the guards and break into the parts of the mission that were restricted, loot it all, get the target, then walk out with no one knowing what happened. It just felt great, and there were tons of different ways to approach it.

The only mission that I felt dragged a bit was the Flooded District. I've never been that big a fan of missions where you lose your gear. I kept getting to the next area and thinking "well surely this must be the last one." It went on for a it too long IMO.

As a side note, when I played through the Daud DLC, I was almost entirely non lethal until the mission where the assassins are attacked. Then I was basically a serial killer. I played non lethal the rest of the game and got Low Chaos Ending. For some reason, I tried to be as non lethal as possible in the main game and still ended up with High Chaos, so I just played around with combat in the last level and killed everyone.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Gosh, I can't remember any more. But I did really love the game. I was disappointed by some aspects, but it was a real pleasure

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

I won't lie

Okay? lol :P

@turtlethetaffer said:
I loved Lady Boyle's Last Party. It was so different from the rest of the game in that you were undercover. It felt awesome to sneak by the guards and break into the parts of the mission that were restricted, loot it all, get the target, then walk out with no one knowing what happened. It just felt great, and there were tons of different ways to approach it.

I agree, definitely my second favorite mission.

@turtlethetaffer said:

The only mission that I felt dragged a bit was the Flooded District. I've never been that big a fan of missions where you lose your gear. I kept getting to the next area and thinking "well surely this must be the last one." It went on for a it too long IMO.

Luckily you can go to retrieve your gear almost immediately after escaping captivity, so there's that.

I do agree that it went on for too long. I think that mission should have been split into two. It's easily the length of two anyway...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, its been awhile since i played it

But i enjoyed the whole game and its hard to pick one particular mission that is extra special.

But i really enjoyed High Overseer Campell and also the dlc mission in the witches manor.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Lol yeah been too long since I played it to remember any specific levels... But there were a couple of standouts if I remember correctly.

Pretty cool game overall but.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kevlar101

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol yeah been too long since I played it to remember any specific levels... But there were a couple of standouts if I remember correctly.

Pretty cool game overall but.

Way to cliffhanger.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

The one where I went about murdering everyone in the brothel, including the whores. Sent plagues of rats everywhere while using a combination of face shooting and sword stabbing. I completed the game very quickly, when you take away the fluff of the stealth mechanics, you realise it's just a hindrance as your more then powerful enough to take on the game. Of course I got the doom mongering ending but I was going for that, hell I even let the little girl fall as I shot the guy holding onto her and then walked away as she was hanging.

Only thing that ticked me off I on the end montage it shows me grieving over the boatman, but I clearly murdered him because he said something rude to me as I was leaving, I wouldn't grieve over that.

I did reload my game and save the girl, it's better because the ending is even more abysmal as she tries to rule over a kingdom gone to hell.

Was a good game.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

It's been a while but I'll prolly say House of Pleasure. I liked the environment of that mission. The path leading to the Bath House, the exterior structure of the House itself as well as the interior. Plus I got to take down 3 targets using a variety of different methods.

I absolutely loved that game. The atmosphere, art style, lore as well as the soundtrack hit the spot for me. Gameplay was fun and I had a blast going the stealth route by taking advantage of my powers and the environment. Take downs just felt right imo.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kevlar101

@johnd13 said:

It's been a while but I'll prolly say House of Pleasure. I liked the environment of that mission. The path leading to the Bath House, the exterior structure of the House itself as well as the interior. Plus I got to take down 3 targets using a variety of different methods.

I absolutely loved that game. The atmosphere, art style, lore as well as the soundtrack hit the spot for me. Gameplay was fun and I had a blast going the stealth route by taking advantage of my powers and the environment. Take downs just felt right imo.

Eh... House of Pleasure, despite having probably the most distinguished and iconic targets in the game (the Pendelton twins; there were two, not three), was a bit more of a retread than I was content with. It felt a little redundant retreading the same location as from the previous mission, and also having to infiltrate the same exact mansion in the same exact way during that side-mission for Slackjaw. That's just my opinion though, I'm not trying to insult your opinion or anything :P

In response to what you said about the gameplay, I have a rebuttal on that as well. I, too, love this game. Definitely in my top three. But....I feel like the stealth could have been better. Many of your tools and weapons go unused because they are "chaotic" weapons and, thus, never get used if you are trying to stick with Low Chaos.

What it needed was a non-lethal grenade to be the Low Chaos counterpart to the explosive grenade. The non-lethal grenade would release noxious gas that knocks small groups of people unconscious. It also needed a springrazor that fired sleep darts, or released noxious gas. It could have used at least one more stealth-based power, as well.

I hope, if there is a sequel someday, that they expand the stealth weaponry.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I can't remember. I think each mission had as much forgettable stuff as it did that was memorable. That was the main flaw of this game. It had a lot of great ideas scattered throughout, but it never all came together the way it should have.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

Every mission was great. There wasn't a single level where I couldn't think of completing it in 5 other ways. That's just insane. Loved the freedom of choice.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

@johnd13 said:

Eh... House of Pleasure, despite having probably the most distinguished and iconic targets in the game (the Pendelton twins; there were two, not three), was a bit more of a retread than I was content with. It felt a little redundant retreading the same location as from the previous mission, and also having to infiltrate the same exact mansion in the same exact way during that side-mission for Slackjaw. That's just my opinion though, I'm not trying to insult your opinion or anything :P

In response to what you said about the gameplay, I have a rebuttal on that as well. I, too, love this game. Definitely in my top three. But....I feel like the stealth could have been better. Many of your tools and weapons go unused because they are "chaotic" weapons and, thus, never get used if you are trying to stick with Low Chaos.

What it needed was a non-lethal grenade to be the Low Chaos counterpart to the explosive grenade. The non-lethal grenade would release noxious gas that knocks small groups of people unconscious. It also needed a springrazor that fired sleep darts, or released noxious gas. It could have used at least one more stealth-based power, as well.

Right they were just two, the Pendletons(like I said, it's been a while :P). You are right that the way leading to the House of Pleasure was a retread when they could have gone for something completely new and now that I think about it, it's curious that they didn't. But personally, I didn't mind that much as it was an area quite wide and with plenty of roof-tops and ceilings to stealth your way and observe enroute to the Pendletons. Retracing your steps for the Slackjaw part was idd one of the most boring missions, I can't disagree.

That's not a bad idea. As a considerably stealthy player, going for Low Chaos, I barely used any grenades or explosive darts either. I never really cared but objectively speaking it limited the "quiet" players' arsenal.

I'm pretty sure there'll be a sequel. Hoping for an announcement during Bethesda's first time ever conference. Can't wait to see what they've planned.

kzebski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 kzebski
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

The brothel section (House of Pleasure) was very cool. Lots of verticality, even indoors.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

I think Lady Boyle is not only the best Dishonored mission, but the best mission of last gen.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kevlar101

@johnd13 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@johnd13 said:

Right they were just two, the Pendletons(like I said, it's been a while :P). You are right that the way leading to the House of Pleasure was a retread when they could have gone for something completely new and now that I think about it, it's curious that they didn't. But personally, I didn't mind that much as it was an area quite wide and with plenty of roof-tops and ceilings to stealth your way and observe enroute to the Pendletons. Retracing your steps for the Slackjaw part was idd one of the most boring missions, I can't disagree.

That's not a bad idea. As a considerably stealthy player, going for Low Chaos, I barely used any grenades or explosive darts either. I never really cared but objectively speaking it limited the "quiet" players' arsenal.

I'm pretty sure there'll be a sequel. Hoping for an announcement during Bethesda's first time ever conference. Can't wait to see what they've planned.

I feel like a goddamn idiot o_o

I said in the OP how I was going to be replaying the Daud DLC...I just started, and was reminded of how it has Chokedust. Stealth grenades.

*facepalm*

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

The flooded district

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#18 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I don't remember.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

@kzebski said:

The brothel section (House of Pleasure) was very cool. Lots of verticality, even indoors.

this.

loved dishonored. can't wait for a sequel

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kevlar101

So, I'm on the second mission of the Daud DLC, The Knife of Dunwall....

....meh.

Stealth is nearly impossible. The enemy A.I. is so overly-aware that it's almost broken. The mission design isn't as tight as the main game, and the story isn't very well-defined. So far, it's mediocre.