Which last gen console to get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GenRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GenRob
Member since 2003 • 67 Posts
I am looking to purchase either a xbox,gamecube, or a ps2. My highest prioirty by far is the console with the most/best co-op and multiplayer games played on the same console. Can i get some suggestions? Please include examples!
AgostonF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 AgostonF
Member since 2006 • 6965 Posts

I think the most popular / supported last gen console is the PS2. I don't own one myself, but to me it looks like the winner of the last gen, not by too far though.

Shinoadr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Shinoadr
Member since 2007 • 2667 Posts
Totally go for the Xbox, theres tons of awesome multiplayers and Coop, ex. Halo, Soul Cal, Rebublic Commando, the list goes on and on. There also pretty cheap second hand. Trust me, you wont regret it.
Sr_Mateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Sr_Mateus
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
they're all great. Tell us about the games you like, genres, franchises, etc.
shufu7-11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 shufu7-11
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts
For single player, the ps2 is the console to buy. For multiplayer, your best bet is the Xbox.
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#7 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Get GameCube, great exclusives
Clan_Crushbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Clan_Crushbone
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts

Totally go for the Xbox, theres tons of awesome multiplayers and Coop, ex. Halo, Soul Cal, Rebublic Commando, the list goes on and on. There also pretty cheap second hand. Trust me, you wont regret it.Shinoadr

True, the Xbox does have loads of fantastic multiplayer games, but unfortunately a vast majority of them are online focused, and good luck finding anyone playing any older xbox titles online (with the possible exception of Halo 2)

As to which system to get, as always, comes down to the library of games on that system. I recommend looking at all the games for each system here on GS, then deciding from there. Each system has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Avatar image for Joystick_n_hand
Joystick_n_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Joystick_n_hand
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts

Pokeman yer a$$, and just get 'em all! All 3 are cheap enough @ pawn or even new that they won't set you back too much. Gamecube, X Box and PS2 all have super-solid games, just be very selective and get the best for each. Don't worry...the X Box won't get jealous and leave ya when you stay up late with PS2...they are all for a menage a trois and like to rock your world mutually! Game on brother!

Freshenizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Freshenizer
Member since 2004 • 381 Posts

Depends what you like.

PS2 had the greatest number of games, being out the longest. Free online gaming.

The GameCube has some very good exclusives, the Resident Evil series, and of course the standard Nintendo franchises (Metroid, Mario, etc). Unfortunately, it has a very limited game selection. But what it does have is top notch. Not much in terms of online gaming.

The only thing against the Xbox is most of it's games are out on other systems, including its big name exclusives. Halo 1 and 2 are on the PC, so is the Knights of the Old Republic series. One of my personal favorites, The Chronicals of Riddik is also out on the PC. Pay to play online.

So I'd pretty much recommend either the GC or PS2.

Edit- The PS2 also has backwards compatability. This gives it a HUGE selection of games to choose from.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
In general I would say the PS2 is king in the last generation. Perhaps one of the top 3 consoles ever.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
PS2.
SaL_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 SaL_92
Member since 2005 • 4106 Posts
i had both ps2 and xbox, i liked xbox more
ZeldaFan2329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ZeldaFan2329
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
i love nintendo. Not totally hardore, but tons of great games that you will remember always
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Xbox probably has the most/ best multiplayer games.