Which has the better game library? Xbox or Ps2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
Well I look at it like this. Keep IMO this is my opinion feel free to state yours after. This is just a random rant. The Xbox after much playing of both and collecting cheap games to miss on games I missed is clearly the better system in almost everyway. The Xbox has 135 exclusives and the Ps2 has 453 exclusives. yet Ford Racing is one of the many "Exclusives" the Ps2 has, while most of the top rated exclusives on the Ps2 are either on the Wii, which handles them better or, are also on the Xbox, which handles them better. By Handle I mean controls in some cases, graphics, and even extra features. Also don't forget games shared with the PC (Regardless if ported Xbox to Pc or the otherway around.) that also do not have PS2 counter parts, which adds another 68 games that are not on PS2, and 3 shared games for the Dreamcast that all play better and have additions not on the dreamcast versions, which means add 71 to the 135, and most of these over 200 Xbox only games are rated higher with games like Halo, Half-life, Splintercell, KOTOR, Steel Battalion, Amped etc. While most of the PS2's exclusive library is horrifically subbar and below rated even with finding some of the consoles "hidden Gems". The only area the Ps2 has the Xbox beat is that is has 4x the amount of jrpgs support, and yet most of the jrpgs are some trash to be reckoned with. The Xbox has probably less than 10 Jrpgs, while the Ps2 had 35, and that is the only thing you can say the console has over the Xbox if you don't mind going down and reaching in the dumpster for lower games and only care about numbers. Almost every reason why anyone brought the PS2 for with exceptions, is also on, and better on the Xbox. The Xbox has a more higher rated library, and more higher rated games, and shares less games than any other console does. Which means that the Xbox has more original games than the Ps2 not also on another console. It has some great polished games in every category, while the PS2 has cash-ins even by big companies, in almost every single category. If you want to play Sno pro or Ford Racing, yeah, Ps2 sounds good since it has sooo many games. it actually does not have that many, exaggerated, and a lot of it is pure trash. The Xbox is the quality system, better controllers (two options), superior online, superior graphics, more polish, more budget, more trying to support games and devs, less approval of shovelware, just better. I think most people that like the PS2 don't realize how lesser of a console the Ps2 actually is, and nostalgia and loyalty, or both, are making them block out everything else, even other consoles, from changing their bias opinion. To me, the Xbox has more objective reason to own it, and technically, that is also true, although preference is an opinion, and so it shall be. However, it's not the best console of all time, just better than the Ps2, and the Gamecube, because it is. It has more exclusive game support, with more effort and polish, games shared with Pc, which can even be superior to the Pc version, and unlike Pc versions, not a pain to run. Shared Dreamcast games as well. With more features and polish. unlike some systems like the GC that would add an online mode and worse graphic consistency and framerate (Lol Sonic Adventure DX on GC.) This is all opinion of course.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

You're kidding, right?

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I personally prefer the XBox, but that's because my favorite genres are Western RPGs, Action RPGs, and Action/Adventure games. Which were the genres the XBox did really well in. And it had the best version of multiplatform games that generation, most of the time.

However I can easily see other gamers with different tastes preferring the PS2, considering it's large library.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
I didn't know much about the XBox during my PS2 days, but over the years I've explored the library and played some good games on it, so I can give a fair assessment. "Nostalgia" and "loyallty" has nothing to do with it for me. The PS2 was a better system then and is still a better system now. I say that because the PS2 quite simply has a more diverse library. I would only play the XBox for the genres it actually excells in, such as: FPS, Western RPG's, and Action games (which PS2 had many). If I'm not in the mood for those games the XBox just falls short when compared to the PS2, which had everything in abundance. XBox, great system, but PS2 wins.
thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 thecrypticodor
Member since 2012 • 240 Posts

The Xbox is the quality system, better controllers (two options), superior online, superior graphics, more polish, more budget, more trying to support games and devs, less approval of shovelware, just better.StatusShuffle

Since you can no longer can play the Xbox online anymore, How is talk off it's online being ''superior'' to the PS2's still a relevant point when comparing the two now?

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Imo there is absolutely no comparison, the PS2 exclusive library is miles better then the XBOX's, but it boils down to mostly preference in games. Don't get me wrong, the XBOX is a wonderful system, but it just doesn't compare.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The PS2.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Xbox. Better at just about every genre.
SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

Hmm... This might be a tough one.

PS2 definitely had better JRPGs, while Xbox had better WRPGs.

I want to say that Xbox had better racers with Forza (Gran Turismo competitor), Rallisport Challenge 2, and Project Gotham Racing 2. The online in those games was just amazing.

Shooter-wise, Xbox wins hands-down with Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Chronicles of Riddick, Far Cry: Instincts, Halo, Unreal Championship, Counter-Strike, and much better versions of games like Rainbow Six 3 and Timesplitters.

Fighter-wise, the Xbox had Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive Ultimate, while PS2 had Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 5, Virtua Fighter 4, and Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus. I'll give it to the PS2, because the PS2 controller was much better suited for fighters in general.

Action-wise, Xbox had Ninja Gaiden, while PS2 had Devil May Cry and God of War. PS2 had the better version of MGS2 Substance and had MGS3 exclusively, while Xbox had the better versions of the Splinter Cell games. This is a tough one, but I'll give it to Xbox because of Ninja Gaiden and Splinter Cell.

Platformer-wise, PS2 wins hands-down with Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Klonoa 2, and Ape Escape 3.

Xbox had great Sega games like Shenmue 2, Jet Set Radio Future, and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

PS2 had great innovative games like Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, and Okami.

Xbox had better mech games with MechAssault, MechAssault 2, and Steel Battalion.

PS2 had better flying games with Ace Combat 4, 5, and Zero.

I feel the Xbox had the better library overall, not only because of its exclusives, but it usually had the better versions of cross-platform games (better graphics and online-play goes a long way).

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Xbox had KotOR and KotOR2 it also had Morrowind... everything else was and is better on the PS2. I have an answer for the kotor games being DQ8 and BoF3... the PS2's answer to morrowind? Ok, you got me there... 3 great games arent enough for the Xbox to take my vote however. (note, I am not saying the Xbox ONLY had 3 great games) I like both consoles, and owned them both since they launched, however PS2 wins in EVERY category minus whatever category you want to throw Morrowind into.

PS2 had the SOCOM series which was way better then HALO imo

I could go on, but its just an opinion, so it really doesnt matter... lol

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

I still think PS2 > Gamecube > Xbox

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#13 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Xbox had some gems.

PS2 had a lot more gems.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Xbox had some gems.

PS2 had a lot more gems.

NeonNinja

thats a great way to put it. no matter how good the few games xbox had were. ps2 had 2-3x the amount of good games.

diyth41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 diyth41
Member since 2010 • 131 Posts

while most of the top rated exclusives on the Ps2 are either on the Wii, which handles them better or, are also on the Xbox, which handles them better.StatusShuffle

So doesn't that mean they aren't actually exclusives...?

diyth41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 diyth41
Member since 2010 • 131 Posts

while most of the top rated exclusives on the Ps2 are either on the Wii, which handles them better or, are also on the Xbox, which handles them better.StatusShuffle

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
I'm curious to why Ford Racing is used as a example of a bad ps2 exclusive because it's on the xbox.
PacoTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 PacoTaco
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts

PS2 has a deeper, more diverse and larger library.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"]while most of the top rated exclusives on the Ps2 are either on the Wii, which handles them better or, are also on the Xbox, which handles them better.diyth41

Yes but look here:

Imo there is absolutely no comparison, the PS2 exclusive library is miles better then the XBOX's, but it boils down to mostly preference in games. Don't get me wrong, the XBOX is a wonderful system, but it just doesn't compare.

Shenmue_Jehuty
people here don't get that. The PS2 exclusive library is not that large, and most of the time people here have no idea what the pS2 exclusives are. Naming 50 PS2 games you enjoyed that are exclusive usually has the Ps2 fan doing research and it makes you wonder how good the library actually is. not only that, games that were considered bad at the time in some cases are "hidden gems" now and that makes no sense, i can't wait till Bubsy 3D gets that 7/10 legacy platforms score because it was an underrated hidden gem :roll: ; ;
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#20 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
When talking about comparing XBOX and PS2 libraries (or any other two consoles), who gives a flying f*** about if it was re-released on other consoles. Or else lots of the XBOX's best which are always mentioned wouldn't count as exclusives because they're also on PC. Both have great libraries, but the PS2 exceeds imo. And you seem to not know what people consider gems, gems aren't only games that were "bad at the time".
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StatusShuffle
When talking about comparing XBOX and PS2 libraries (or any other two consoles), who gives a flying f*** about if it was re-released on other consoles. Or else lots of the XBOX's best which are always mentioned wouldn't count as exclusives because they're also on PC. Both have great libraries, but the PS2 exceeds imo. And you seem to not know what people consider gems, gems aren't only games that were "bad at the time".Dudersaper
I saix some so you don't seem to know how to read, I don't agree with the ps2 so you skimmed through my posts instead of actually reading them. Also PC is not a console but I will dive ito your falwed logic anyway. Also judging from critics, more Xbox games not on PC have higher rattings than those that are shared with it. But most of the PS2's best outside of jrpgs are literally on the Xbox. Hey look i did what you just did, silly me. Thanks for sharing your opinion though, all that extra stuff was not necessary. Especially in its inaccurate state.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
PS2 has dat klonoa 2 and nights into dreams
thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thecrypticodor

According to Wikipedia there is somewhere around 488 PS2 exclusives, and around 130 Xbox exclusives. (which mind you half that amount is shared with the PC)

There is close to 1000 xbox games released, the amount of PS2 exclusives alone would account for close to half of the Xbox total library.

PS2 Exclusives

Xbox Exclives

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Xbox

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StatusShuffle

According to Wikipedia there is somewhere around 488 PS2 exclusives, and around 130 Xbox exclusives. (which mind you half that amount is shared with the PC)

There is close to 1000 xbox games released, the amount of PS2 exclusives alone would account for close to half of the Xbox total library.

PS2 Exclusives

Xbox Exclives

thecrypticodor
The same Wikipedia shows the Xbox has over 100 exclusives NOT shared with the PC. Using the same link. So we are resulting to making stuff up now? Also there was no point to this post.
thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thecrypticodor

The same Wikipedia shows the Xbox has over 100 exclusives NOT shared with the PC. Using the same link. So we are resulting to making stuff up now? StatusShuffle

No I just didn't bother to sit there and go through each one. So whatever I was off by 40 then still not very impressive when compared to the PS2.

Also there was no point to this post.StatusShuffle

There's no point to this thread what is this system wars circa 2002:P

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"]The same Wikipedia shows the Xbox has over 100 exclusives NOT shared with the PC. Using the same link. So we are resulting to making stuff up now? thecrypticodor

No I just didn't bother to sit there and go through each one. So whatever I was off by 40 then still not very impressive when compared to the PS2.

Also there was no point to this post.StatusShuffle

There's no point to this thread what is this system wars circa 2002:P

The thread was which was better. If this was system wars I would have said Xbox is the only right answer. Not only that your off more than 40. Also it still makes no difference since a large amount of the PS2's most have games are on other systems. Not sure why you guys can get away with the PC excuse but if I use Wii, GC, DC excuse I get attacked.
thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thecrypticodor

Not sure why you guys can get away with the PC excuse but if I use Wii, GC, DC excuse I get attacked.StatusShuffle

I don't see any or at least not very many games on the PS2 list that I provided shared with the GC Wii DC. That list should be exclusive as in only on the PS2 and nothing else. There's no RE4, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi etc etc or any other shared exclusive in that list take a look.It only MS that gets away with that ''console exclusive'' nonsense.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"]

Not sure why you guys can get away with the PC excuse but if I use Wii, GC, DC excuse I get attacked.thecrypticodor

I don't see any or at least not very many games on the PS2 list that I provided shared with the GC Wii DC. That list should be exclusive as in only on the PS2 and nothing else. There's no RE4, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi etc etc or any other shared exclusive in that list take a look. It only MS that gets away with that ''console exclusive'' nonsense.

No. I was not refering to your list, I was refering to the thread in general. Most PS2 owners will call a lot of games exclusives that are not. and they are shared. yet when using the Xbox, it only has Pc games andbarely any exclusives. Which is interesting considering most of the games talked about here (not pointing at you) are usually not exclusive at all. So why does the PS2 get away with that but not the Xbox? :
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dudersaper
In the XBOX vs GC thread I saw lots of people defending the fact that even if XBOX games are on PC they still count as exclusives when comparing it's library to the GC's. So I don't see why you say the XBOX doesn't get away with it. IMO, be it the XBOX, PS2, GC, or any other console out there, if where comparing two systems libraries, no othersystems libraries should have a say in it. Heck, I always mention Dreamfall when taling XBOX exclusives, yet it's on PC.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

In the XBOX vs GC thread I saw lots of people defending the fact that even if XBOX games are on PC they still count as exclusives when comparing it's library to the GC's. So I don't see why you say the XBOX doesn't get away with it. IMO, be it the XBOX, PS2, GC, or any other console out there, if where comparing two systems libraries, no othersystems libraries should have a say in it. Heck, I always mention Dreamfall when taling XBOX exclusives, yet it's on PC.Dudersaper

The way I see it, that would be fair if it were 2004. But this is 2012 and the PS2 is something I would rather invest in today then an Xbox.

Funny thing is some of all time favorite games from the PS2 were after 2004.

thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thecrypticodor

No. I was not refering to your list, I was refering to the thread in general. Most PS2 owners will call a lot of games exclusives that are not. and they are shared. yet when using the Xbox, it only has Pc games andbarely any exclusives. Which is interesting considering most of the games talked about here (not pointing at you) are usually not exclusive at all. So why does the PS2 get away with that but not the Xbox? :StatusShuffle

Most people havent really played all that many games except for usually the biggest and most hyped releases whatever they may be. So they'll often just list the few ones that they know.

The Xbox doesn't get away with it because just about all of it's biggest games weren't exclusive.

Halo or Halo 2

Doom3

Halflife 2

Fable

Jade Empire

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Splinter Cell ect ect.

You see non exclusives litter Xbox best of list constantly.

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2
Member since 2012 • 271 Posts

Hmm... This might be a tough one.

PS2 definitely had better JRPGs, while Xbox had better WRPGs.

I want to say that Xbox had better racers with Forza (Gran Turismo competitor), Rallisport Challenge 2, and Project Gotham Racing 2. The online in those games was just amazing.

Shooter-wise, Xbox wins hands-down with Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Chronicles of Riddick, Far Cry: Instincts, Halo, Unreal Championship, Counter-Strike, and much better versions of games like Rainbow Six 3 and Timesplitters.

Fighter-wise, the Xbox had Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive Ultimate, while PS2 had Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 5, Virtua Fighter 4, and Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus. I'll give it to the PS2, because the PS2 controller was much better suited for fighters in general.

Action-wise, Xbox had Ninja Gaiden, while PS2 had Devil May Cry and God of War. PS2 had the better version of MGS2 Substance and had MGS3 exclusively, while Xbox had the better versions of the Splinter Cell games. This is a tough one, but I'll give it to Xbox because of Ninja Gaiden and Splinter Cell.

Platformer-wise, PS2 wins hands-down with Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Klonoa 2, and Ape Escape 3.

Xbox had great Sega games like Shenmue 2, Jet Set Radio Future, and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

PS2 had great innovative games like Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, and Okami.

Xbox had better mech games with MechAssault, MechAssault 2, and Steel Battalion.

PS2 had better flying games with Ace Combat 4, 5, and Zero.

I feel the Xbox had the better library overall, not only because of its exclusives, but it usually had the better versions of cross-platform games (better graphics and online-play goes a long way).

SonOfChewbacca

Great post and I agree on everything except for the flying games part because crimson skies on xbox live was phenomenal. I feel a lot of people that say the xbox was worse than the ps2 didn't experience the great xbox live games.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dudersaper

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]In the XBOX vs GC thread I saw lots of people defending the fact that even if XBOX games are on PC they still count as exclusives when comparing it's library to the GC's. So I don't see why you say the XBOX doesn't get away with it. IMO, be it the XBOX, PS2, GC, or any other console out there, if where comparing two systems libraries, no othersystems libraries should have a say in it. Heck, I always mention Dreamfall when taling XBOX exclusives, yet it's on PC.Seabas989

The way I see it, that would be fair if it were 2004. But this is 2012 and the PS2 is something I would rather invest in today then an Xbox.

Funny thing is some of all time favorite games from the PS2 were after 2004.

Oh believe me, I'd much rather invest in a PS2 nowadays rather than an XBOX too. I'm just saying that as long as a PS2 game isn't on the XBOX, and an XBOX game isn't on the PS2, they should be seen as exclusives when comparing eachothers libraries (even if they were later ported to other systems).
betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Not even a discussion. PS2 mauled the Xbox when it came to games.

longview01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By longview01
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

PS2 easily had the best selection of games

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

PS2

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

PS2 of course

CarcassPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39 CarcassPlays
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts

I find the PS2 library as a superior to the Xbox library. We had so many BETTER exclusive games than the Xbox had, for example: Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, God of War, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Yes, this has been re-released, but for the original release, I added it here), and I don't think I need to continue...

Xbox had some great exclusives, but not as many as I can think of for PS2. They had Halo, Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic... I honestly don't know any more...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#40 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

PS2 because of all the great exclusives and off course the DVD player

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@StatusShuffle said:
Well I look at it like this. Keep IMO this is my opinion feel free to state yours after. This is just a random rant. The Xbox after much playing of both and collecting cheap games to miss on games I missed is clearly the better system in almost everyway. The Xbox has 135 exclusives and the Ps2 has 453 exclusives. yet Ford Racing is one of the many "Exclusives" the Ps2 has, while most of the top rated exclusives on the Ps2 are either on the Wii, which handles them better or, are also on the Xbox, which handles them better. By Handle I mean controls in some cases, graphics, and even extra features. Also don't forget games shared with the PC (Regardless if ported Xbox to Pc or the otherway around.) that also do not have PS2 counter parts, which adds another 68 games that are not on PS2, and 3 shared games for the Dreamcast that all play better and have additions not on the dreamcast versions, which means add 71 to the 135, and most of these over 200 Xbox only games are rated higher with games like Halo, Half-life, Splintercell, KOTOR, Steel Battalion, Amped etc. While most of the PS2's exclusive library is horrifically subbar and below rated even with finding some of the consoles "hidden Gems". The only area the Ps2 has the Xbox beat is that is has 4x the amount of jrpgs support, and yet most of the jrpgs are some trash to be reckoned with. The Xbox has probably less than 10 Jrpgs, while the Ps2 had 35, and that is the only thing you can say the console has over the Xbox if you don't mind going down and reaching in the dumpster for lower games and only care about numbers. Almost every reason why anyone brought the PS2 for with exceptions, is also on, and better on the Xbox. The Xbox has a more higher rated library, and more higher rated games, and shares less games than any other console does. Which means that the Xbox has more original games than the Ps2 not also on another console. It has some great polished games in every category, while the PS2 has cash-ins even by big companies, in almost every single category. If you want to play Sno pro or Ford Racing, yeah, Ps2 sounds good since it has sooo many games. it actually does not have that many, exaggerated, and a lot of it is pure trash. The Xbox is the quality system, better controllers (two options), superior online, superior graphics, more polish, more budget, more trying to support games and devs, less approval of shovelware, just better. I think most people that like the PS2 don't realize how lesser of a console the Ps2 actually is, and nostalgia and loyalty, or both, are making them block out everything else, even other consoles, from changing their bias opinion. To me, the Xbox has more objective reason to own it, and technically, that is also true, although preference is an opinion, and so it shall be. However, it's not the best console of all time, just better than the Ps2, and the Gamecube, because it is. It has more exclusive game support, with more effort and polish, games shared with Pc, which can even be superior to the Pc version, and unlike Pc versions, not a pain to run. Shared Dreamcast games as well. With more features and polish. unlike some systems like the GC that would add an online mode and worse graphic consistency and framerate (Lol Sonic Adventure DX on GC.) This is all opinion of course.

I get it I get it. A lot of people take the blatantly obvious fact and virtually 100% consensus and then say the exact opposite because they want to insight a flame war and troll their way towards a high response post count because they somehow feel better about themselves if they can lie or go against the grain and get a lot of total strangers on the internet to reply by doing basically the same thing tabloid magazines do. But come on man, youre going to have to troll harder than that if you want anyone to not completely see through your façade.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Ya lets find more old threads to revive

im sure you can find much older threads than this to revive.

but both systems had good games and were fun to play.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#43 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Ya lets find more old threads to revive

im sure you can find much older threads than this to revive.

but both systems had good games and were fun to play.

True, but Xbox did not have as big of a library as PS2. PS2 had way more exclusives and more quality over all. If all Xbox guys can come up with is Halo and Knights of the Old Republic, then there isn't much discussion. Though as awesome as those games may be it doesn't compare to the awesome stuff on PS2

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#44  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

The PS2... by a very wide margin.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

PS2 hands down.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
PS2 has dat klonoa 2 and nights into dreams

^this

because Xbox just can't make me feel like it's designed for platformers,so I chose this as the better of the 2

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@svetzenlether said:

You're kidding, right?

special-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 33

#48 special-ops
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts

I like PS2 more than Xbox and PS2 had more fun games,exclusives and a better console to play as compared to Xbox