Which Game System do You have Most Nostalgia for?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ScreaminPatriot
ScreaminPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ScreaminPatriot
Member since 2009 • 101 Posts
NES, it was my first gaming system and I remember playing it like there is no tomorrow. I still have it to this day but I need to go get it fixed.
BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#52 BanjoMumbo
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

I not only collect video games and systems, I also collect "Nostalgia." Literally, I live in the 1980's-1990's in 2009. Anyway, I really think that the "Nintendo Entertainment System" and "Nintendo Gameboy" have the most nostalgia for me. I think long days in the 1990's with my lime-green Gameboy are some of the best memories for me. I also still play my NES to this day, every day I play "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 Saruman1719
Member since 2003 • 12466 Posts

Hard to say. I grew up up with the NES and Genesis, which was from about 1990-1995 (I was 5 in 1990). I have very fond memories of many games for the NES, some highlights being playing TMNT III over a friend's house with his other friends at a sleepover, and while they went to eat breakfast, I stayed in room and played that game without them haha. I got the game for my birthday probably a month later. I still remember screaming thank you to my parents before running into the TV room to play it (they were smart enough to leave it as the last present to build suspense and I would have ignored everything else otherwise). I have separate memories for each of the 3 Mario games. Buying Castlevania and Jaws off a friend for $5 each because he was moving....I don't know why he couldn't take his NES and games with him lol. Playing the first Zelda, which was probably the first game I ever played (or the first Super Mario). Playing Zelda II at my cousins' old apartment.

I remember playing Sonic 2 at my other cousins' house when it came out and having my mind blown. Chemical Plant Zone remains very strong in my memory and is still probably my favorite Sonic stage ever. A month later for Christmas, I got the Genesis bundle with Sonic 2. God, Christmas of 1992...what a great time. Basically playing all the Sonics, X-Men 1 and 2, Eternal Champions, and Maximum Carnage with my two best friends at the time (one still remains, cheers to close to 20 years of friendship) are my fondest memories for that system. Sonic 3 was the first game I ever bought with my own money (well....from Christmas and birthdays at least). So many memories with that system...childhood is a great memory by itself, but add gaming into the mix and it's almost too good.

However, the N64 is the one I feel the most affection for across all fronts. I bought it right after Christmas of 1997 after my friends and I played GoldenEye for like 4 months straight. My other best friend who remains to this day got the system first so we spent that first summer locked in his roomfor 8-10 hours a day. I think I even bought a controller before I had my own system, just so we could all play together. First game I bought....Wayne Gretzky's Hockey....because Toy Works didn't have GoldenEye...so I had to leave with something. But my mom conceded and we went to Wal-Mart who had it, so I returned Wayne later. The N64 was the first system I bought with my own money earned from a job (paper route, shared with my friend of 20 years). Virtually everything I had for the system was bought by myself so it has that extra special something...the hassle and pain of getting up early on weekends and delivering papers was worth it because we would buy 2-3 new games apiece each month. Between us, we were playing everything remotely ok, because remember....the system had horrific droughts between the classic titles....but we played average games anyways or simply sunk a few more hundred hours into games like Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Perfect Dark, Star Fox, etc...any game that had multiplayer.

Getting Ocarina of Time for Christmas of 1998 even though I didn't ask for it...damn that was amazing. So many memories and phrases we individually coined that we still use to this day. The memories of this system alone could sustain the friendships I have with those two because even if we don't see each other for a long time, we'd bring back the past and bam, it's like time never passed.

God, what a drippy and nostalgia heavy post. I love reminiscing.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

idk...

maybe the N64

i would say ps1 then SNES

but since i still play them both pretty frequently

idk if they count

Master_St3ve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Master_St3ve
Member since 2006 • 62 Posts
PSX & PC. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. Also Soldier of Fortune 2 (I was 12 when I got this game, lol) and Counter-Strike 1.6.
MagnaSonic3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MagnaSonic3000
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
[QUOTE="Saruman1719"]

Hard to say. I grew up up with the NES and Genesis, which was from about 1990-1995 (I was 5 in 1990). I have very fond memories of many games for the NES, some highlights being playing TMNT III over a friend's house with his other friends at a sleepover, and while they went to eat breakfast, I stayed in room and played that game without them haha. I got the game for my birthday probably a month later. I still remember screaming thank you to my parents before running into the TV room to play it (they were smart enough to leave it as the last present to build suspense and I would have ignored everything else otherwise). I have separate memories for each of the 3 Mario games. Buying Castlevania and Jaws off a friend for $5 each because he was moving....I don't know why he couldn't take his NES and games with him lol. Playing the first Zelda, which was probably the first game I ever played (or the first Super Mario). Playing Zelda II at my cousins' old apartment.

I remember playing Sonic 2 at my other cousins' house when it came out and having my mind blown. Chemical Plant Zone remains very strong in my memory and is still probably my favorite Sonic stage ever. A month later for Christmas, I got the Genesis bundle with Sonic 2. God, Christmas of 1992...what a great time. Basically playing all the Sonics, X-Men 1 and 2, Eternal Champions, and Maximum Carnage with my two best friends at the time (one still remains, cheers to close to 20 years of friendship) are my fondest memories for that system. Sonic 3 was the first game I ever bought with my own money (well....from Christmas and birthdays at least). So many memories with that system...childhood is a great memory by itself, but add gaming into the mix and it's almost too good.

However, the N64 is the one I feel the most affection for across all fronts. I bought it right after Christmas of 1997 after my friends and I played GoldenEye for like 4 months straight. My other best friend who remains to this day got the system first so we spent that first summer locked in his roomfor 8-10 hours a day. I think I even bought a controller before I had my own system, just so we could all play together. First game I bought....Wayne Gretzky's Hockey....because Toy Works didn't have GoldenEye...so I had to leave with something. But my mom conceded and we went to Wal-Mart who had it, so I returned Wayne later. The N64 was the first system I bought with my own money earned from a job (paper route, shared with my friend of 20 years). Virtually everything I had for the system was bought by myself so it has that extra special something...the hassle and pain of getting up early on weekends and delivering papers was worth it because we would buy 2-3 new games apiece each month. Between us, we were playing everything remotely ok, because remember....the system had horrific droughts between the classic titles....but we played average games anyways or simply sunk a few more hundred hours into games like Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Perfect Dark, Star Fox, etc...any game that had multiplayer.

Getting Ocarina of Time for Christmas of 1998 even though I didn't ask for it...damn that was amazing. So many memories and phrases we individually coined that we still use to this day. The memories of this system alone could sustain the friendships I have with those two because even if we don't see each other for a long time, we'd bring back the past and bam, it's like time never passed.

God, what a drippy and nostalgia heavy post. I love reminiscing.

Too many words....