when someone hates your favorite game

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

i know mos tpeople would just get mad but i honestly feel sad, like i feel bad that they arent able to experience the same one i had, and im refering to ones that would be like in your top 5 if not top 3

for example a game that i love is FFXIII and everyoen shoudl know thats a extremly ahted game(which begs the question how it stays over a 9.0 user rating on almost every site) but you dont have to try to fidn hate for that game, i honestly think its one of the ebst games ever and i just feel bad when i seepeople didnt get to have the same experience as me with it,

does anyone else feel like this?

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Well, almost everyone hates the type of games I play so I'm just used to just ignoring them all. My fault for making friends with people who only like FPS. I only have a few friends in an anime club that actually plays my games.
jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jsh020
Well, almost everyone hates the type of games I play so I'm just used to just ignoring them all. My fault for making friends with people who only like FPS. I only have a few friends in an anime club that actually plays my games.Pvt_r3d
well a few of my friends just tick me off too, i have a friend that only and i mean only cod black ops, and eevn worse hes a 360 fanboy so he vreates BS up like people on 360 cod have more skill, which his hilarious cause that implies cod requires any skill, yah i ahve a few freind sin anime club as well, people i can talk to about FF and "tales of" seirously that dont hate them for stupid reaons like linearity or not being dark anough
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20969 Posts
Well, my favorite is Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, which flew over a lot of players' heads, so I just kind of accept that not many people are going to get out of it what I did. LOL
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

Just like the rest of life you have to take what people say witha grain of sand. There is always going to someone who does not like what your doing or tries to bring you down by saying you can'tdo that, you shouldn't play that,ECT ECT ECT. You just have to ignore them. If you enjoy the game that is the most important thing not what anyone else says. You just have go on with whatever it is your doing and let it pass, find others that agree with you if you want, but still if you don't, don't let it stop from enjoying what you love.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I just call them silly ninnies and go back to playing my favorite games.
spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

I don't mind except when they hate it for stupid reasons like having a box pushing puzzle or average graphics.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#8 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

It doesn't bother me. The only time I care is when they insult me and go out of their way to convince me their opinion is better and I'm wrong somehow. If the topic was more serious than gaming, I would assume their defensive stance came out of insecurity with their own favorite games :P

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

doesn't really bother me. I mean we have different tastes and different experiences. My favorite game of all time is probably kotor because it was my first rpg and I played it when I was like 10 years old. However some people hate kotor and say it has boring combat. And actually their kind of right I would say. I loved the combat back then. But honestly playing it now I don't think it's all that great. Alot of what would makes a game my favorite would have to do with the experience. I will always remember halo more fondly then half life 2 for instance. Even though I would say half life 2 was done better then halo.

V-Act

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 V-Act
Member since 2005 • 660 Posts

I just like "care face" on you man. Cus your taste Is fu***** bs P:

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
Eh, it's their opinion, and I respect it.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
I don't care, because there are always haters for everything.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#13 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

No, I just check if they ever published a book and give it a 1/5 rating on Amazon.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

When somebody hates my favorite game i also respect their opinion, but subconsciously i feel kind of sorry for them (you know, for not being able to experience the greatness of playing that particular game)...

pencru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 pencru
Member since 2009 • 1779 Posts

That's what happens to me with Final Fantasy VIII. I honestly thought the Junction System was one of the best things SE has done to an FF.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Not really, people can like what they want... Though it gets annoying if they try to convince me not to like a game.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I don't care if people don't like my favourite game, nothing they can do will change my opinion, Jurassic Park Trespasser and Morrowind are far from perfect games, but all the criticism in the world won't persuade me that they aren't my favourite games.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

Doesn't bother me in the least. Different people like different games for different reasons. *shrug*

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

If it's unjust criticism I usually respond in a negative manner but I generally don't really care what individual people think.

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

I try to get them to see the game for what it is, then I just keep on playin after

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#21 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Well considering I'm surrounded by CoD players I got used to it long ago.

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jsh020

I don't mind except when they hate it for stupid reasons like having a box pushing puzzle or average graphics.

spaceninja818
or linearity in a already extremly linear rpg serise
Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#23 Decessus
Member since 2003 • 5132 Posts

i know mos tpeople would just get mad but i honestly feel sad, like i feel bad that they arent able to experience the same one i had, and im refering to ones that would be like in your top 5 if not top 3

for example a game that i love is FFXIII and everyoen shoudl know thats a extremly ahted game(which begs the question how it stays over a 9.0 user rating on almost every site) but you dont have to try to fidn hate for that game, i honestly think its one of the ebst games ever and i just feel bad when i seepeople didnt get to have the same experience as me with it,

jsh020
The question I have is why someone should even care if another person hates their favorite game? I play video games for my own enjoyment, not for the enjoyment of someone else.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Well considering I'm surrounded by CoD players I got used to it long ago.

Demonjoe93

Best answer ever! :P

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jsh020
[QUOTE="jsh020"]

Decessus
The question I have is why someone should even care if another person hates their favorite game? I play video games for my own enjoyment, not for the enjoyment of someone else.

cause i know the world doesnt revolve around me, othe rpeople do live in it, and when i relay enjoy somthing so much as to put it in my top 5 of anything i want others to have that same enjoyment, thats why we recomend stuff to freinds
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
More frustrated when they try to tell me that Id software with their Doom game didn't create deathmatch nor that it's considered the father of First Person Shooters. Beyond that I don't really care.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I'm used to it, I love NIS games ^^ But I'm fine with that, not everyone has the same taste. Sure I just shake my head if someone says Disgaea 4 looks like a PS1 game because it's wrong, but hey, if it makes them feel good ^^

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jsh020

I'm used to it, I love NIS games ^^ But I'm fine with that, not everyone has the same taste. Sure I just shake my head if someone says Disgaea 4 looks like a PS1 game because it's wrong, but hey, if it makes them feel good ^^

ArchoNils2
wait people hate nis. since when, like ive never seen a hater for that entire serise, thats like the only j-rpg serise ive seen that the fanbase doesnt describe how terrible the serise gets as it goes on even though the quality stays the exact same, like with grandia, wild arms, FF, tales EXT
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

jsh020

wait people hate nis. since when, like ive never seen a hater for that entire serise, thats like the only j-rpg serise ive seen that the fanbase doesnt describe how terrible the serise gets as it goes on even though the quality stays the exact same, like with grandia, wild arms, FF, tales EXT

It has the best fanbase ever, but you'll see what I mean if you post "Disgaea 4" with a pic in a "what's you most anticipated game of 2011" thread on System Wars :S To many haters on the graphics

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
You just have to get used to it, especially if the game that you're a fan of is in a particularly well-beloved series. If you can't handle someone having a differing opinion than you on a videogame, I don't know how well-prepared you are to live life at all.
jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jsh020

I try to get them to see the game for what it is, then I just keep on playin after

xxKai
same, i know i mention this game WAYYY to much but i can not tell you how many people ive talke dinto replaying FFXIII when they ahetd it the first tiem and then they enjoyed it the second time when i talked them back into continuing it. same goes for a game called star ocean 4. ive notice people are a little to impacient liek if the game isnt AMAZING from the get go then they lable it as sh*t
Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Decessus
cause i know the world doesnt revolve around me, othe rpeople do live in it, and when i relay enjoy somthing so much as to put it in my top 5 of anything i want others to have that same enjoyment, thats why we recomend stuff to freindsjsh020
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I'm not suggesting that you should keep your opinions to yourself and that you shouldn't recommend things you enjoy to other people. What I'm saying is that if you make those recommendations and someone hates whatever it is you recommended, then there is no reason to get upset or feel sad. As you said, other people live in this world and each person has their own tastes and preferences. I don't think you should feel sad simply because a person doesn't enjoy what you enjoy.
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Oilers99
[QUOTE="xxKai"]

jsh020
same, i know i mention this game WAYYY to much but i can not tell you how many people ive talke dinto replaying FFXIII when they ahetd it the first tiem and then they enjoyed it the second time when i talked them back into continuing it. same goes for a game called star ocean 4. ive notice people are a little to impacient liek if the game isnt AMAZING from the get go then they lable it as sh*t

I imagine that has a lot to do with expectations. If you expect Final Fantasy XIII to be anything like previous games (with the possible exception of X), it's going to disappoint you. I imagine it would have been better received by gamers, actually, if it didn't bear the name.
jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jsh020

[QUOTE="jsh020"][QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

ArchoNils2

It has the best fanbase ever, but you'll see what I mean if you post "Disgaea 4" with a pic in a "what's you most anticipated game of 2011" thread on System Wars :S To many haters on the graphics

well i mean those i mentioned before have amazing fanbases. like FF fans are 90% mentaly handicapped but the other 10% are astonishing and some are just amazing talented, have you seen some of the remakes and fan music those guys have made just amazing peices and recreations and disgea has like the funniest fanbase like blazblue's in which they have a bunch of inside jokes and many memes out there that only fans of the game get. also disgea 4 will be AMAZING.
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Oilers99
[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

[QUOTE="jsh020"] wait people hate nis. since when, like ive never seen a hater for that entire serise, thats like the only j-rpg serise ive seen that the fanbase doesnt describe how terrible the serise gets as it goes on even though the quality stays the exact same, like with grandia, wild arms, FF, tales EXTjsh020

well i mean those i mentioned before have amazing fanbases. like FF fans are 90% mentaly handicapped but the other 10% are astonishing and some are just amazing talented, have you seen some of the remakes and fan music those guys have made just amazing peices and recreations and disgea has like the funniest fanbase like blazblue's in which they have a bunch of inside jokes and many memes out there that only fans of the game get. also disgea 4 will be AMAZING.

I sincerely doubt that 90% of the fanbase is mentally handicapped. It's just a very popular series of games. You get a wide range of people who play and enjoy them.
jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jsh020
[QUOTE="jsh020"][QUOTE="xxKai"]

Oilers99

I imagine that has a lot to do with expectations. If you expect Final Fantasy XIII to be anything like previous games (with the possible exception of X), it's going to disappoint you. I imagine it would have been better received by gamers, actually, if it didn't bear the name.

which in and of its self is a terible reason to hate a game, to hate a game cause of its name and not its legit quality is probol- no IS the worst reason to hate a game wether a game is called tales, or final fantasy, or grandia or anything has a totall of 0% of a effect on the games quality, cpecialy in these serise where each game is completly different with each game to hate the next becouse its different is also another terrible reason(glares at FF and tales fanbase)
jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jsh020
[QUOTE="jsh020"]cause i know the world doesnt revolve around me, othe rpeople do live in it, and when i relay enjoy somthing so much as to put it in my top 5 of anything i want others to have that same enjoyment, thats why we recomend stuff to freindsDecessus
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I'm not suggesting that you should keep your opinions to yourself and that you shouldn't recommend things you enjoy to other people. What I'm saying is that if you make those recommendations and someone hates whatever it is you recommended, then there is no reason to get upset or feel sad. As you said, other people live in this world and each person has their own tastes and preferences. I don't think you should feel sad simply because a person doesn't enjoy what you enjoy.

sorry didnt mean to come off so do**hbaggy, i was just trying to describe why i try to get people to enjoy somthing i realy did, i just had a very bad wording for it
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Oilers99
[QUOTE="jsh020"][QUOTE="Oilers99"][QUOTE="jsh020"] same, i know i mention this game WAYYY to much but i can not tell you how many people ive talke dinto replaying FFXIII when they ahetd it the first tiem and then they enjoyed it the second time when i talked them back into continuing it. same goes for a game called star ocean 4. ive notice people are a little to impacient liek if the game isnt AMAZING from the get go then they lable it as sh*t

which in and of its self is a terible reason to hate a game, to hate a game cause of its name and not its legit quality is probol- no IS the worst reason to hate a game wether a game is called tales, or final fantasy, or grandia or anything has a totall of 0% of a effect on the games quality, cpecialy in these serise where each game is completly different with each game to hate the next becouse its different is also another terrible reason(glares at FF and tales fanbase)

One of the most intelligent people I have ever met on these boards is a huge proponent of series sticking with their defined style. He's become annoyed, at various points, with the Zelda and Final Fantasy series (and several others, I'm sure) for straying from their roots. I don't agree with him, but I certainly understand where he's coming from. If you're going to do something completely different, then call it something else. Square called the game Final Fantasy XIII, not because it was so much like prior installments in the series, but because they felt the Final Fantasy branding afforded them a degree of commercial safety in pouring millions of dollars and several years of development into the game.
Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Decessus
sorry didnt mean to come off so do**hbaggy, i was just trying to describe why i try to get people to enjoy somthing i realy did, i just had a very bad wording for itjsh020
No worries.
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

If I don't like a game, it doesn't matter how much my friends my like, I'll tell them that I just don't really care for that game. I'm not gonna lie and say I enjoy playing a game that I clearly don't like. I respect my friends opinions, I don't like CoD, but a lot of my friends do. I like World of Warcraft, but a lot of my friends don't. What's annoying is if someone doesn't like a game that I like, but they don't tell me so, they lie and say it's a good game. I won't be hurt if any of my friends dislike some of my favorite games, it's no big deal, they're only video games. Not everyone can like the same games.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#41 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
it might bother me if they ever gave a good reason why my favorite games are bad. that hasnt happened yet, so...
drochnathair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 drochnathair
Member since 2008 • 412 Posts

I feel sorry for their bad taste. Seriously though, I don't care at all. Life's too short to spend it being concerned about others' taste in videogames. Or music. Or movies. Or whatever.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts
The only time it really bothers me is when they hate it because its on the "Wii" and not on there system or they think it's stupid when they never tried it them selfs.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#44 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
It doesn't bother me when people hate a game I like. It doesn't stop me from enjoying it. :)
andrewjuly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 andrewjuly
Member since 2011 • 199 Posts
Each have their own hobbies
DJintiRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DJintiRemix
Member since 2011 • 183 Posts

well its their opinion its ok, always haters gonna hate yo.

mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

i normally call them idiots andtell them thattheir opinion is wrong. but then again most of my friends only play cod and fifa so i expect that they would hate pokemon and such. that and we are all about 25..

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
Anyone who hates Uncharted 2 is just wrong. Many people hate my favorite type of game, linear, but I don't like sandbox games. It's all opinion, some people go too far though.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Well most of my friends only bought a console bundle with modern warfare 2 inside... And they call my taste bad. (Most of them only have 3 games).

SoI just ignore them...

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

When someone says they hate my favorite game I just say I like it.