What's your view on quitters?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

I was recently playing Soul Calibur 4 on my older brother's account, because mine was suspended. (Microsoft won't accept ANY our family's credit cards, yet everything is spot on, and working fine with everything else. But, that's not the point of this topic. :lol: )

And since my brother doesn't play SC much anymore, he was around level 2 for online matchmaking, while I was in the level 60s, with a rather high winning percentage.

Now, as I begin to play on my brother's account, and I play against other people who are between levels 5 - 30, and (needless to say) I started owning them.

After a few matches, I noticed that I kept running into the same people. About 5 or 6 of them. And whenever I got even close to winning, they quit! No, this didn't happen once, it happened EVERY time. And for whatever reason, they still decide to fight me in the first place!

That's what I don't get. If you're gonna do nothing but quit whenever you're gonna lose, why even play in the first place? You can't possibly expect to win ALL the time. It's just nonsense. (Not to mention the amount of messages I got saying "Get laid" or "get a life". :lol: )

So this is my perspective. Anyone else with me here?

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I HATE them. Despise quitters with the fury of a thousand burning suns. I liked that magic game on xbox live for the four player multiplayer matches. Sometimes some of these matches can take up to an hour with four people and then people would just quit when they knew you were gonna beat them. Same for Guitar Hero. Same for any other game I played online. I don't play online much anymore. Scattered sessions amongst the filth players is all I can stomach.
LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LiftedHeadshot
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts
They don't want to lose, so they quit. It makes sense, it's basic human nature.
Kenbo325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Kenbo325
Member since 2009 • 1177 Posts

They are a nuisance. XBL should somehow impose penalties tageted toward quitters.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44179 Posts

I think it's both hilarious and sad I just hate it when some games seem to punish both players for one of them having a piss-poor attitude. I think the other player should automatically get the win and/or any points associated with it.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MadVybz

I think it's both hilarious and sad I just hate it when some games seem to punish both players for one of them having a piss-poor attitude. I think the other player should automatically get the win and/or any points associated with it.

Archangel3371

Yeah, I get what you mean.

Just like in Gears 2. If the host leaves, everyone gets an incomplete match penalty, not just the host...Which is incredibly stupid.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MadVybz

They don't want to lose, so they quit. It makes sense, it's basic human nature. LiftedHeadshot

But is it also human nature to keep encountering the same foe (me) and quit every time when they already know that they're going to lose?

LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LiftedHeadshot
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"]They don't want to lose, so they quit. It makes sense, it's basic human nature. MadVybz

But is it also human nature to keep encountering the same foe (me) and quit every time when they already know that they're going to lose?

That's human nature in an idiotic human. =P
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MadVybz

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="LiftedHeadshot"]They don't want to lose, so they quit. It makes sense, it's basic human nature. LiftedHeadshot

That's human nature in an idiotic human. =P

You know, I kinda saw that coming after I posted. xD

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Everyone starts from the bottom and when facing a level 60 "level 2" person, people are encouraged they have a chance. When you defeat them (badly) what's the point of finishing out a losing match? Ego boost? Let's suppose they didn't see your name, just idled about, then what? Is it required that everyone who becomes frustrated when facing a "lesser opponent" continue to lose horrendously? The comments your receiving are from people who think you started a new account or whatever just to humiliate people, which makes sense for their behavior, at least to me.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MadVybz

Everyone starts from the bottom and when facing a level 60 "level 2" person, people are encouraged they have a chance. When you defeat them (badly) what's the point of finishing out a losing match? Ego boost? Let's suppose they didn't see your name, just idled about, then what? Is it required that everyone who becomes frustrated when facing a "lesser opponent" continue to lose horrendously? The comments your receiving are from people who think you started a new account or whatever just to humiliate people, which makes sense for their behavior, at least to me.jjtiebuckle

Did you not read the whole post? I clearly stated that I kept getting challenges from the same people over and over, and they still accepted and quit, every time.

And it isn't hard to the gamertag, it's in big, bold letters right in front of you. Not tucked away in some little corner for you to just overlook.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#12 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Quitting is quite pathetic, its all just fronting with their PSN id, sore losers if you ask me.
btwin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 btwin92
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

I think quitters never win

R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

[QUOTE="jjtiebuckle"]Everyone starts from the bottom and when facing a level 60 "level 2" person, people are encouraged they have a chance. When you defeat them (badly) what's the point of finishing out a losing match? Ego boost? Let's suppose they didn't see your name, just idled about, then what? Is it required that everyone who becomes frustrated when facing a "lesser opponent" continue to lose horrendously? The comments your receiving are from people who think you started a new account or whatever just to humiliate people, which makes sense for their behavior, at least to me.MadVybz

Did you not read the whole post? I clearly stated that I kept getting challenges from the same people over and over, and they still accepted and quit, every time.

And it isn't hard to the gamertag, it's in big, bold letters right in front of you. Not tucked away in some little corner for you to just overlook.

it's plain and simple, they kept playing against you just to quit and make you mad....looks like they won in the end ;)
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I despise them. I don't play online much anymore because of stuff like that.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

It annoys me so, so much.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I sometimes do it when I'm getting hammered in single player, but I wouldn't do it on an online match. But then again, I wouldn't be playing a fighting game online because I'm so horrible... :P
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jjtiebuckle

Well even if the gamer tags are easy to see and supposedly the same person accepting the match, he has no right to play the game through just to inflate your ego. Just because you play against the same online ID doesn't mean you play against the same person.

I think when anyone starts out online they don't quit at some point, knowing their only holding up the other player(s) by continuing.

rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

I quit discussing this kind of topic long ago.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Archangel3371

Well even if the gamer tags are easy to see and supposedly the same person accepting the match, he has no right to play the game through just to inflate your ego. Just because you play against the same online ID doesn't mean you play against the same person.

I think when anyone starts out online they don't quit at some point, knowing their only holding up the other player(s) by continuing.

jjtiebuckle

What? If you're going to start a game then you should finish it regardless. If people have THAT much of a problem losing then they shouldn't play the game. It's just that simple. What's all this mumbo-jumbo about "inflating someone's ego" or "holding other players up"?

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#22 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

Quitters never win, and winners never quit. ;)

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MadVybz

jjtiebuckle

What? I'm talking more along the lines of "If all you're gonna do is quit, why even play in the first place."

Not "I'm pissed off at the people who refuse to get owned by me."

I'm not mad in any way, shape or form, nor do I feel special when I get 3 straight perfects. All I'm saying is, why play if all you're gonna do is quit?

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#24 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I hate it. I don't play online much, mainly sports games. But if I invest 30-45 minutes in a NCAA game and someone quits at the end without even offering a forfeit it really ticks me off. Just don't play. I get killed sometimes (too loyal to Arkansas :P), but I play all the way thru every time.
DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
I hate them. Unless on the rare occasion that I get a message saying sorry have to go. I even got a addition to my friends list from this happening.
ALLoY1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ALLoY1717
Member since 2003 • 6753 Posts
TBH when someone quits out a game when they are losing/going to lose it just goes to show how much it bothers them, and on top of that sending you hate mail doesn't help thier case it again just shows how much it bothers them. I think the people that do this need to take a look at themselves since it obviously means they have some issues since it annoys them this much when losing in a video game. I used to be a serious hardcore Gears player online (fun wise though, I never did clan stuff or tourneys), I never got into online in number 2 (cos online in number 2 sucks) anyways. I made quite a few friends, we always played as a team, and we got pretty good. I remember this one match vividly, me and one other guy from our team joined into a room with 4 guys all of whom were obviously friends and we took our places on the opposing team along with 2 randoms. Prior to the game starting these four guys asked us all not to leave since we were going to be beaten so badly. So to cut it short the score ended up being about 12 - 2 to us out of 15 or 19 rounds I can't remember, with me and my friend clocking around 80% of total kills for our side between us. Feeling the fustration around the 15th round one of the guys said to me "you watch what is going to happen!". Closing in on the end of the match maybe one or two round wins from victory the host quits the game effectivly nulling the whole match and all stats we earned from the scoreboard. We were hystrical from laughter! After all thier boasting and asking us not to quit they end the match themselves for the same reasons. Apparently they thought we were those types of people that would get angry that we lost the stats, and that was thier way of "getting us". After composing ourselves we mailed (voice mail with our lol's) them to ask why they quit the match, the response being that the each and everyone of them lagged out. The point of this being that I have never come accross a better example of a bad gaming "sport", if you will, in my life and it is the very corner stone of the behavior of quitter.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
I also hate quitters, most annoying in rock band/guitar hero games. So annoying when I get a perfect start and they just quit because they are rubish.
ALLoY1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ALLoY1717
Member since 2003 • 6753 Posts
I also hate quitters, most annoying in rock band/guitar hero games. So annoying when I get a perfect start and they just quit because they are rubish.wigan_gamer
It is worse when they pick hard or expert and fail. Just pick medium its no big deal, I would perfer playing with a guy on medium that to a crappy guy on expert and failing.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
It doesn't bother me as much as people bragging about how much skill they have using a certain weapon but is getting killed all the time by another weapon. Then they complain about how no one else has enough skill as he. They use any excuse they can to bring you down. Besides that I had 50% of the people on a server leave once I join. This was only because the community is so small, everyone knows everyone.
valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

Yeah. I've only played a few matches of NHL online, but most of those were disappointments 'cause the opponent quit just before the ending, I would have won... lol. Well, I was doing that only for the achievement anyways, and finally I found a dude who finished the game with me haha.

braindead_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 braindead_hero
Member since 2004 • 1174 Posts
I would imagine the reason you kept getting the same 5 or 6 people is because Soul Calibur is because the amount of people who play soul calibur online is very small when compared to other games so that's who it kept pairing you with on quick match. They would have kept quitting as it would have been pretty obvious to them that you are not a level 2 so it is in no way a fair matchup, If it were me I'd have probably quit too as matchmaking is meant to give you players with a similar skill level and when someone who is supposed to be level 60 goes on an alt. to get to level 2 then makes the whole game totally unfair
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MadVybz

I would imagine the reason you kept getting the same 5 or 6 people is because Soul Calibur is because the amount of people who play soul calibur online is very small when compared to other games so that's who it kept pairing you with on quick match. They would have kept quitting as it would have been pretty obvious to them that you are not a level 2 so it is in no way a fair matchup, If it were me I'd have probably quit too as matchmaking is meant to give you players with a similar skill level and when someone who is supposed to be level 60 goes on an alt. to get to level 2 then makes the whole game totally unfairbraindead_hero

Everything you said makes sense, but the fact still remains that even thoguh they already knew I was good, they decided to play me over and over, and quit, over and over. It didn't even make me mad, it was more funny that anything else. What's the point of starting a match if you're just gonna quit every time?

braindead_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 braindead_hero

[QUOTE="braindead_hero"]I would imagine the reason you kept getting the same 5 or 6 people is because Soul Calibur is because the amount of people who play soul calibur online is very small when compared to other games so that's who it kept pairing you with on quick match. They would have kept quitting as it would have been pretty obvious to them that you are not a level 2 so it is in no way a fair matchup, If it were me I'd have probably quit too as matchmaking is meant to give you players with a similar skill level and when someone who is supposed to be level 60 goes on an alt. to get to level 2 then makes the whole game totally unfairMadVybz

Everything you said makes sense, but the fact still remains that even thoguh they already knew I was good, they decided to play me over and over, and quit, over and over. It didn't even make me mad, it was more funny that anything else. What's the point of starting a match if you're just gonna quit every time?

I would imagine they were hitting the quickplay or matchmaking option, so they were not specifically choosing to play you it's just with the relatively low amount of people playing the games the matchmaking decided you were a fair opponent (based on your level 2 skill level) and kept putting them in a game against you, they saw it was you and thought 'oh no not him again - QUIT'
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MadVybz

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="braindead_hero"]I would imagine the reason you kept getting the same 5 or 6 people is because Soul Calibur is because the amount of people who play soul calibur online is very small when compared to other games so that's who it kept pairing you with on quick match. They would have kept quitting as it would have been pretty obvious to them that you are not a level 2 so it is in no way a fair matchup, If it were me I'd have probably quit too as matchmaking is meant to give you players with a similar skill level and when someone who is supposed to be level 60 goes on an alt. to get to level 2 then makes the whole game totally unfairbraindead_hero

I would imagine they were hitting the quickplay or matchmaking option, so they were not specifically choosing to play you it's just with the relatively low amount of people playing the games the matchmaking decided you were a fair opponent (based on your level 2 skill level) and kept putting them in a game against you, they saw it was you and thought 'oh no not him again - QUIT'

Have you actually played SC 4's matchmaking?

Even in quick matchmaking, when you get paired up with an opponent, you still have to press the 'ready' button to start the match. And I always intentionally wait for my challenger to get ready before I do, to see if they're really up for the fight. But for whatever reason, whether it be sore losing, or just plain trolling (it would be, in a sense), it still doesn't make sense to even play if all you're gonna do is quit.

braindead_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 braindead_hero

[QUOTE="braindead_hero"][QUOTE="MadVybz"]

MadVybz

Even in quick matchmaking, when you get paired up with an opponent, you still have to press the 'ready' button to start the match. And I always intentionally wait for my challenger to get ready before I do, to see if they're really up for the fight. But for whatever reason, whether it be sore losing, or just plain trolling (it would be, in a sense), it still doesn't make sense to even play if all you're gonna do is quit.

No I haven't played Soul Calibur 4 online, I was stating what I thought could be the case based upon experiences from other games, when you are readying up does it give you the option to quit out of the match then or does it just wait for you to press the button with no back out option other than turning off the console or quitting to dashboard? A good way to avoid this is just play with your level 60 account as playing on a level 2 whilst you're actually a ridiculously high level is something I among many other would consider trolling. Also people who play enough to be at these higher levels are less likely to quit out of the match if they are losing as it is assumed they understand the ettiquete behind online gaming
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MadVybz

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="braindead_hero"] I would imagine they were hitting the quickplay or matchmaking option, so they were not specifically choosing to play you it's just with the relatively low amount of people playing the games the matchmaking decided you were a fair opponent (based on your level 2 skill level) and kept putting them in a game against you, they saw it was you and thought 'oh no not him again - QUIT' braindead_hero

No I haven't played Soul Calibur 4 online, I was stating what I thought could be the case based upon experiences from other games, when you are readying up does it give you the option to quit out of the match then or does it just wait for you to press the button with no back out option other than turning off the console or quitting to dashboard? A good way to avoid this is just play with your level 60 account as playing on a level 2 whilst you're actually a ridiculously high level is something I among many other would consider trolling. Also people who play enough to be at these higher levels are less likely to quit out of the match if they are losing as it is assumed they understand the ettiquete behind online gaming

Well, as explained in my original post, my account got suspended because MS won't accept ANY of my family's credit cards.

And yes, you have a choice to ready up, or leave the room that you got matched with.

Lastly, level 60 actually isnt high at all in SC 4. The highest level you can reach is 1,000. But the highest I've ever witness first-hand is about 350 or so. Although the gap between 1 - 60 is quite diverse (skill wise), it's still nothing compared to those higher up on the leaderboards.

But, IMO, level means nothing. I look at a person's winning ratio before the level. Unless of course the person is like, level 5 with 20 wins and 10 losses. That's far too early to make judgements.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#37 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
It does get annoying, especially when you're about to win a match, and the other guy disconnects at the last minute. Worse, there's no record of any wins/losses, so you've basically played for nothing. Although some games are cracking down on that, and actually give a record of how many times they do it. A real godsend, IMO. Although sometimes it can't be helped. Once in a while, I get disconnected beyond my power...the best I can do is search for the guy and attempt a re-match.
matabaro2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 matabaro2
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

[QUOTE="braindead_hero"][QUOTE="MadVybz"]

MadVybz

Oh, but it does. After playing numerous quitters, I think I know now why they do what they do. They are so convinced they're good at the game, so every time they get the chance to play a very good player, they decide to take up the challenge, believing that they can definitely win. If they win they get their ego boost, if they loose they can always chicken out and quit, preserving their precious ego from being battered. That way it's "as if" they never lost. Lol, the psyche of the quitter, maybe a future study domain for psychologists.

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jjtiebuckle
Ok, my examples weren't the greatest, but here's the answer- the reason people quit is because losing isn't fun. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter if they knew or didn't know they were playing the same person 5-6 times, they didn't accept the match to lose they accepted to play the game. Obviously no one would play a game they could never win or have a chance, but online matches warrant you at least that 1% chance.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MadVybz

Ok, my examples weren't the greatest, but here's the answer- the reason people quit is because losing isn't fun. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter if they knew or didn't know they were playing the same person 5-6 times, they didn't accept the match to lose they accepted to play the game. Obviously no one would play a game they could never win or have a chance, but online matches warrant you at least that 1% chance.jjtiebuckle

Well, here's an easy counte to that - STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAMES. It is IMPOSSIBLE to play videogames, and not lose. It's a simple fact. And someone can't accept that fact, they need to find a new hobby or something.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 muthsera666

[QUOTE="jjtiebuckle"]Ok, my examples weren't the greatest, but here's the answer- the reason people quit is because losing isn't fun. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter if they knew or didn't know they were playing the same person 5-6 times, they didn't accept the match to lose they accepted to play the game. Obviously no one would play a game they could never win or have a chance, but online matches warrant you at least that 1% chance.MadVybz

Well, here's an easy counte to that - STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAMES. It is IMPOSSIBLE to play videogames, and not lose. It's a simple fact. And someone can't accept that fact, they need to find a new hobby or something.

No it's not.... There are some games where losing isn't really a problem. You might die sometimes, but you don't lose...
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Archangel3371

Ok, my examples weren't the greatest, but here's the answer- the reason people quit is because losing isn't fun. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter if they knew or didn't know they were playing the same person 5-6 times, they didn't accept the match to lose they accepted to play the game. Obviously no one would play a game they could never win or have a chance, but online matches warrant you at least that 1% chance.jjtiebuckle

Well I can't imagine many people do like losing but so what that's not a valid excuse to just quit especially right at the very end of the game where they would have to rush and disconnect within seconds before it registers. Plus it seems like a total waste of time getting everything back up and running to play again when you can simply wait 2 seconds and move on to the next match. Also the thing about levels is that everyone starts at level 1 so regardless some people are just going to be that much better then others. The thing about quitters is they don't allow people to properly level up so that they can move on to the more experienced level of players.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts

It annoys me so, so much.

sinistergoggles
This
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MadVybz

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="jjtiebuckle"]Ok, my examples weren't the greatest, but here's the answer- the reason people quit is because losing isn't fun. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter if they knew or didn't know they were playing the same person 5-6 times, they didn't accept the match to lose they accepted to play the game. Obviously no one would play a game they could never win or have a chance, but online matches warrant you at least that 1% chance.muthsera666

No it's not.... There are some games where losing isn't really a problem. You might die sometimes, but you don't lose...

You mean like FPS and action games?

In campaign, a death actually is considered a 'loss', when you think about it. Back in arcades, when you died, you got the infamous "YOU LOSE" or "GAME OVER" screen.

As for MP in those genres, you actually can lose. And I've seen many people make big deals out losses. Most of them funny, but some, rather scary and required some pity. :|

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 muthsera666

[QUOTE="muthsera666"]No it's not.... There are some games where losing isn't really a problem. You might die sometimes, but you don't lose...MadVybz

In campaign, a death actually is considered a 'loss', when you think about it. Back in arcades, when you died, you got the infamous "YOU LOSE" or "GAME OVER" screen.

Eh. Those aren't loses as much as setbacks. You only lose if you stop playing completely. The arcades used to make you lose, yes, but we're talking modern games (I assume).

I just mean this as a counter to your statement that if you get extremely angry when losing, you should quit gaming. I hate fighting games because I think the combo memorization is ridiculous. I used to get extremely upset when I lost matches. Then I quit playing fighters. I don't get nearly upset when I play games now...

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

Depends what games. If it's a 1 on 1, leaving is just unsportsmanlike. Same goes with a game where nobody can rejoin once the game has started (I don't understand how there are so many leavers in DotA. It's like they just scour the game list just to piss people off).

But with RTS, I'd say anything goes. In a lot of them, the other team leaving usually means a victory for their opponents. Not gonna lie, but sometimes it feels like, in a long game of COH, you're just fighting each other til the other gets tired and leaves. But leaving your team mate to burn afterwards is unnacceptable. I'd stick with a guy til the end even if we knew we were losing, but ask him if we should just get the hell out and not prolong our suffering :P.

olrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47 olrion
Member since 2005 • 457 Posts
Sub-human scum!
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MadVybz

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="muthsera666"]No it's not.... There are some games where losing isn't really a problem. You might die sometimes, but you don't lose...muthsera666

Eh. Those aren't loses as much as setbacks. You only lose if you stop playing completely. The arcades used to make you lose, yes, but we're talking modern games (I assume).

I just mean this as a counter to your statement that if you get extremely angry when losing, you should quit gaming. I hate fighting games because I think the combo memorization is ridiculous. I used to get extremely upset when I lost matches. Then I quit playing fighters. I don't get nearly upset when I play games now...

IMO, the fighting genre is the most time consuming when it comes to being the best you can possibly be.

If you buy a fighting game and plan to win, you're gonna have to put time and effort into it. If you wanna win, but you can't be bothered, you might as well not have gotten the game in the first place.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Welcome to the internet.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 muthsera666
[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

IMO, the fighting genre is the most time consuming when it comes to being the best you can possibly be.

If you buy a fighting game and plan to win, you're gonna have to put time and effort into it. If you wanna win, but you can't be bothered, you might as well not have gotten the game in the first place.

Yep, I agree. For me, the fighting game genre is the worst. It takes far too much time to be a decent player that the interest is gone by the time you get there. I only have DOA3, Tao Feng and Soul Calibur II (which actually has a decent and fun single player).