Whats your biggest heart break in all your years of gaming?

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

Title says it all.

For many gamers we are passionate about gaming & we have our love for gaming. What is the bigget heartbreak you have ever had with gaming, The biggest one that just squeezes & tears on your inner gamer soul. Mine came with the latest announcment of Ubisofts sequel to its 3rd person shooter ( Conviction )

My favorite franchise is now ruined. Actually it was ruined in 2010 & now they have made a sequel to it. I knew this day was coming. They had made an action game & just as people had praised Resident Evil 4 we all knew this had cemented the series direction & what was coming next. The same can be said for Splinter Cell.

Conviction ruined it all & Now Blacklist is continuing down the grave Conviction dug. 2006 was the last time we saw a Splinter Cell game, it was the last time i saw a stealth game, was hoping for a new stealth/SC game, to this day im still waiting .........

I feel like im sitting in the rain at a bus stop. The DART buses comes along ( Bus of Conviction, Blacklist, insert other generic mindless action games, etc ), & yet im still here waiting for the normal bus ( the stealth bus ), waiting in the rain, still waiting, maybe it will never show & i know this is the future of my gaming wants, my bus..... may never show up............

80083c52-661a-4c0c-bf62-7349a0cdf83d.jpg

What do you do when games just dont offer what you want anymore. I really dont know. I guess i just keep playing the older titles. My gripes & heartbreaks aside, whats yours?

I want to know your biggest, deepest, darkest secrets. When the last time your inner gamer was hurt & how bad was it? Tell me about your heartbreak? This is a support thread for gamers, let it all loose, every tear, every cry, everything.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Ugly fast, this thread will get.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Ugly fast, this thread will get.

Business_Fun
Only with people like you posting. In all honesty R&C A4O really disappointed me and filled me with disgust, but from what I've seen of horror games in general for the most part now days, all going into action, shooter, co-op, etc, has really upset me. Silent Hill Downpour might not have been good, but it was a true horror game, and maybe one of the last.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

One of my biggest heartbreaks recently was Final Fantasy XIII and its sequel, Final Fantasy XIII-2. It's now no longer a Final Fantasy series to me. Until they bring back the original team that inspired it, not to mention the games before it, my faith in the team is pretty much dead. Square Enix are out of their minds and they no longer know what's best for Final Fantasy anymore.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

I feel ya TC about Splinter Cell. Seriously sucks hardcore. You're not alone at the bus stop, believe me.

For me it'd have to be the cancellation of Stalker 2 for the PC. I was really looking forward to that and my heart sank when development was shut down, though now I hear they're trying to find a buyer but still it won't be developed by the same people so even if it did sell it's still dead to me. Other than that, my heart breaks just looking at gaming in general. Now if EA, Activision, or Ubi bought Rocksteady I'd go postal. I'm crossing my fingers and PRAYING hard that they will not be bought out and sell out.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Rayman turning into that rabbids crap *vomits* Rayman was my first ever game for the ps1 and it aged gracefully too, a masterpiece. At least now he's back!(origins is excellent)
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

resident evil it used to be somthing so unique and now it's just another action game and people praise the ground it walks on it isnt right resident evil died in 2004.it just needs a different name ive seen enough of chris and leon this decade i want them to die

and splintercell is doing the exact same thing!two great series just dead......

rpDrummer2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rpDrummer2012
Member since 2011 • 238 Posts

I feel ya TC about Splinter Cell. Seriously sucks hardcore. You're not alone at the bus stop, believe me.

For me it'd have to be the cancellation of Stalker 2 for the PC. I was really looking forward to that and my heart sank when development was shut down, though now I hear they're trying to find a buyer but still it won't be developed by the same people so even if it did sell it's still dead to me. Other than that, my heart breaks just looking at gaming in general. Now if EA, Activision, or Ubi bought Rocksteady I'd go postal. I'm crossing my fingers and PRAYING hard that they will not be bought out and sell out.

MirkoS77

I feel the same way you do about MirkoS77 about Stalker 2 being cancled. I bought Shadow of Chernobyl a couple years ago and I was completely blown away by how dynamic the world,weather and atmosphere it had despite how buggy it was once in awhile it was even though I had it patched and I had some mods for it.

rpDrummer2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rpDrummer2012
Member since 2011 • 238 Posts

I would have to say that my biggest heart break in gaming would have to be the direction Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon franchise went in. I recently started playing the older ones like Island Thunder on my Xbox and boy those games are so much fun today even. I was at one of my friends and I was watching him play Future Soldier and when I watched it I thought it looks pretty cool with all the future technology presented in the game but I am in no hurry to go out and purchase it, I am perfectly happy with Battlefield 3 which is my only multiplayer fps I need.

But my main point is after playing the older more "tatical" Ghost Recon games I am really sad Ubisoft turned this franchise into another generic third-person shooter with the cover system. I would rather see Ghost Recon go back to it's roots or be rebooted. Anyone else remember the good ol' Ghost Recon?

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

The blue-purplish cape in Arkham City.

[spoiler] 1291990623271.png?1291994152 [/spoiler]

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
Probably when the Shenmue series got canned. I can understand the business reasons behind it, but I really want to know what happens!
theonlylolking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 theonlylolking
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts

NFL street will never be as good as the first NFL street.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#13 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Soul Calibur 5.......the game just shat on it's former glory.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
When Sega stopped making systems.
Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

When battlefield 3 turned out to be glitchy, way over lens flared piece of garbage.

bad company 2 still reins as best military shooter this gen.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Lords of Shadow and the death of the Castlevania I grew to love more than almost anything.
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Naughty Dog not developing anymore Jak and Daxter games, and instead concentrating on that stupid, generic shooter series, Uncharted.

Their new IP, The Last of Us doesn't look any more impressive.

But my biggest heart break will be if Bamco decides not to localize anymore Tales games in the future. This hasn't been confirmed yet, but it might happen.

Saiyan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Saiyan12
Member since 2004 • 1552 Posts
The horrible dissapointments that were the campaigns for three of my most beloved franchises: Starcraft 2, Gears of War 3, and Mass Effect 3. Great franchises that began with amazing stories, characters, and worlds...and came crashing down into heaping heaping piles of rubble.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Naughty Dog not developing anymore Jak and Daxter games, and instead concentrating on that stupid, generic shooter series, Uncharted.

But my biggest heart break will be if Bamco decides not to localize anymore Tales games in the future. This hasn't been confirmed yet, but it might happen.

GeoffZak

When someone who clearly never touched it calls Uncharted a generic shooter o.O

eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

the fact that unreal has become an engine instead of a game.:evil:

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

Justforvisit

When someone who clearly never touched it calls Uncharted a generic shooter o.O

ACTUALLY, I've played and beaten both Uncharted 1 and 2.

I sold Uncharted 1 a while ago, but I've kept Uncharted 2...Not sure why I haven't gotten rid of it yet. :/ It's taking up some space on my harddrive.

I didn't bother buying Uncharted 3 because I knew it was going to be the same old sh*t.

And it is, because I've gotten the chance to play it since some of my friends got it.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 brucecambell

When battlefield 3 turned out to be glitchy, way over lens flared piece of garbage.

taterfrickintot

In terms of multiplayer, yes. I really dont think there is any miltary multiplayer game that can even touch BC2 right now, unless its BC3. Judging by how the game industry works though im just going to take a wild guess & say even BC3 wont be as good as BC2. They will find some way to ruin it.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Sonic '06 was pretty soul crushing.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

[QUOTE="taterfrickintot"]

brucecambell

In terms of multiplayer, yes. I really dont think there is any miltary multiplayer game that can even touch BC2 right now, unless its BC3. Judging by how the game industry works though im just going to take a wild guess & say even BC3 wont be as good as BC2. They will find some way to ruin it.

I'm with you guys. Bad Company 2 is far superior to Battlefield 3. I'm so glad that people are still playing it. As for my biggest letdown... Interstate '82. Interstate '76 is one of my favorite games of all time and '82 did not even sorta come close to approaching the greatness of the original. I was so excited because Devo made some new tracks for the soundtrack, and Taurus was the main character, but in the end, the game didn't look or play very good at all.
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 brucecambell

resident evil it used to be somthing so unique and now it's just another action game and people praise the ground it walks on it isnt right resident evil died in 2004.it just needs a different name ive seen enough of chris and leon this decade i want them to die

and splintercell is doing the exact same thing!two great series just dead......

almasdeathchild

Yep, i noticed this trend with many series, especially after watching E3 this week.

Did anybody notice that Tomb Raider is now a action game, Resident Evil is now a action game, Splinter Cell is now a action game, Dead Space is now a action game. I see a trend here. What the hell happened?

All of these games were in different, more unique genres & now every single one is an action game. Every game is conforming to the action genre. Not that they're bad games, they're just more of the same.

This may be the future of the industry, along with every game becoming more dumbed down & casual. Im just not liking the direction games are headed in right now.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
There's not one that stands out. The deaths of Syphon Filter, Advance Wars and Freedom Fighters are sad as the devs moved onto lesser things. Count me in as another disgruntled Splinter Cell/Resi fan; the general decline of things like stealth and atmosphere is making way for pew pewing and explosions to grab the CoD, Gears of War and Uncharted crowds.
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 brucecambell

[QUOTE="brucecambell"]

[QUOTE="taterfrickintot"]

rragnaar

I'm with you guys. Bad Company 2 is far superior to Battlefield 3. I'm so glad that people are still playing it. As for my biggest letdown... Interstate '82. Interstate '76 is one of my favorite games of all time and '82 did not even sorta come close to approaching the greatness of the original. I was so excited because Devo made some new tracks for the soundtrack, and Taurus was the main character, but in the end, the game didn't look or play very good at all.

By "People" you mean the 3 of us right?

I think we may be the only 3 people still playing it. Everybody else has permanently found a home with BF3. My world wide ranking on leaderboards never changes, even if i dont play it for a month. Its just us 3 man lol.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Ha! I've been playing it off and on lately and I always seem to find full matches on the maps I like in Conquest and Squad Deathmatch. I think more people have been playing it on PSN lately since they released it as a $20 download about a month ago. I've owned it since it came out, but I'm still tempted to buy the digital version just so I can boot it up whenever I want.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Ha! I've been playing it off and on lately and I always seem to find full matches on the maps I like in Conquest and Squad Deathmatch. I think more people have been playing it on PSN lately since they released it as a $20 download about a month ago. I've owned it since it came out, but I'm still tempted to buy the digital version just so I can boot it up whenever I want.rragnaar

Last time I hopped on Bad Company 2 online (PS3) I kept losing connection and being kicked from the servers after 2-5 minutes of playing. I was able to swap over to a different game and with no issues. This was like 2 months ago that this was happening but never had trouble with my many other online games including Medal Of Honor, so how is it on PS3, does it work or have you expierenced the same issues as I have?

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="brucecambell"]

brucecambell

By "People" you mean the 3 of us right?

I think we may be the only 3 people still playing it. Everybody else has permanently found a home with BF3. My world wide ranking on leaderboards never changes, even if i dont play it for a month. Its just us 3 man lol.

the only thing i liked about bf3 was the animations whenyou jumped over walls and stuff. and i liked tehran highway. other than that BC2 has given me the most satisfying multiplayer military shooter ive played in years. The maps are expertly designed, The gunplay is fantastic, and the vehicle gameplay is unmatched. tank battles are soooooo much better in bad company 2 than in BF3. and the destruction was fantastic. i have no idea what DICE was thinking when they downgraded the destruction in bf3.

EDIT: also, Vietnam was one of the best DLC packs this gen in my opinion.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Title says it all.

For many gamers we are passionate about gaming & we have our love for gaming. What is the bigget heartbreak you have ever had with gaming, The biggest one that just squeezes & tears on your inner gamer soul. Mine came with the latest announcment of Ubisofts sequel to its 3rd person shooter ( Conviction )

My favorite franchise is now ruined. Actually it was ruined in 2010 & now they have made a sequel to it. I knew this day was coming. They had made an action game & just as people had praised Resident Evil 4 we all knew this had cemented the series direction & what was coming next. The same can be said for Splinter Cell.

Conviction ruined it all & Now Blacklist is continuing down the grave Conviction dug. 2006 was the last time we saw a Splinter Cell game, it was the last time i saw a stealth game, was hoping for a new stealth/SC game, to this day im still waiting .........

I feel like im sitting in the rain at a bus stop. The DART buses comes along ( Bus of Conviction, Blacklist, insert other generic mindless action games, etc ), & yet im still here waiting for the normal bus ( the stealth bus ), waiting in the rain, still waiting, maybe it will never show & i know this is the future of my gaming wants, my bus..... may never show up............

80083c52-661a-4c0c-bf62-7349a0cdf83d.jpg

What do you do when games just dont offer what you want anymore. I really dont know. I guess i just keep playing the older titles. My gripes & heartbreaks aside, whats yours?

I want to know your biggest, deepest, darkest secrets. When the last time your inner gamer was hurt & how bad was it? Tell me about your heartbreak? This is a support thread for gamers, let it all loose, every tear, every cry, everything.

brucecambell

Well you pretty much stole what I was going to say, almost word for word. When Blacklist was announced, I was hoping for a true sequel to Chaos Theory, I was so dissapointed when I was the E3 gameplay, probabaly more than how dissapointed I was when I first played Conviction on a friends 360. Also, I will add Resident Evil 5, no horror what so ever, just a generic action game, to make things worse, the controls for Resident Evil 5 are meant for a horror game, not an action game, at least Conviction was a good action game, Resident Evil 5 was just a disaster.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#32 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Stalker being cancelled and GSC closing down was a pretty damn bad development.

Apart from that, no real heartbreaks, although I am getting increasingly annoyed by some of my favourite franchises going into an undesirable direction (Crysis, Age of Empires, FEAR, Rainbow Six...)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Resident Evil 5 was a big let down for me.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#34 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

Splinter Cell is definitely up there. After how good Chaos Theory was, seeing a great series get turned into a run of the mill game that is unrecognizable is really sad.

Star Trek Legacy was also very horrifying. By rushing the game for an early release, they basically killed single player star trek gaming.

Still worried about Hitman, and the Elder Scrolls has definitely been letting me down for a while now.

symx8789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 symx8789
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

the handing off of previously great and historic franchises like devil may cry, castlevania, and silent hill into the hands of random western developers.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I have to say it's a toss up between Blizzard pulling the plug on Starcraft Ghost,Blizzard destroying the story of Warcraft (there will never be a WC4...), every Stargate game has been canceled except the snes one of the movie (they have canned like 6 Stargate games FML). Those have been probably my most "heart break" moments in gaming.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

GTA4...several others as well but none disappointed me as much as GTA4 did, it was still a good game, but just wasn't the game a lot of us loved.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Nintendo. Not the Wii nessecarily (although that's a big part of it), but the death of their games. Zelda isn't special or magical anymore, and aside from Super Mario Galaxy 1, Nintendo hasn't released a really special game since the original Metroid Prime (and yes, I know they weren't the developers).

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#39 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
When RPGs went from games like Chrono Trigger and DQVIII to Mass Effect and Borderlands. =P
PlayBox39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PlayBox39
Member since 2007 • 420 Posts

For me it would be the death of the Sega Dreamcast...That system had so many good and unique games. I feel like no other system has the library The Dreamcast had.

Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#41 Grovilis
Member since 2008 • 3728 Posts

Same sentiments here, TC, though I think I'm more upset by the fact that what's considered to be a stealth game today is actually no more than an action game with a few stealth elements.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

taterfrickintot
Rayman turning into that rabbids crap *vomits* Rayman was my first ever game for the ps1 and it aged gracefully too, a masterpiece. At least now he's back!(origins is excellent)YoshiYogurt
Strongly agree with both of these guys.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dracula68

For me it would be the death of the Sega Dreamcast...That system had so many good and unique games. I feel like no other system has the library The Dreamcast had.

PlayBox39
You got good taste out of all the posters in this thread.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Shadowrun made into an online only FPS deathmatch game. Shadowrun. One of the greatest rpg systems ever.asdlkfjlkj1lk123l
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dracula68
Shadowrun made into an online only FPS deathmatch game. Shadowrun. One of the greatest rpg systems ever.asdlkfjlkj1lk123lGodModeEnabled
Yeah the SNES was "more traditional" RPG than the Genesis version but they both were good games.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts
Shadowrun made into an online only FPS deathmatch game. Shadowrun. One of the greatest rpg systems ever.asdlkfjlkj1lk123lGodModeEnabled
I love the FPS Shadowrun though :P Truely an unmatched and unique multiplayer experience. Played it again last night. Surprised it wasn't dead.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dracula68
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Shadowrun made into an online only FPS deathmatch game. Shadowrun. One of the greatest rpg systems ever.asdlkfjlkj1lk123lJagged3dge
I love the FPS Shadowrun though :P Truely an unmatched and unique multiplayer experience. Played it again last night. Surprised it wasn't dead.

Damn man, you got enough FPS games on the market :P
hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hyrueprince11
Member since 2005 • 5722 Posts

Skyward Sword, to be fair I didn't expect it to be Ocarina of Time but it was so bad in so many ways I just wanted to cry

Also the way Fifa Ultimate Team was turned into a cash making game by EA

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Blizzard pulling the plug on Starcraft Ghost.Ballroompirate
Try Resistance: Burning Skies and tell me Ghost would have been a great game.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
The power going out while a game is saving. That's just the worst.