What would you like in Mass Effect Andromeda?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

There's a trickle of information about this game, which is picking up the pace but there's still very little week now about the game and the mechanics itself. Having seen the gameplay vid, the character handles a lot smoother than Shepherd and the jet pack seems cool. Other than that, didn't get to see any of the shooting or upgrades.

Personally, I'd like a few things:

Improvements

-Better facial and character animations so people dont look like mannequins.

-A more subtle relationship builder, rather than the "do good and said character will like you or do bad and the other character will like you". More than graphics, this is where the new gaming tech in consoles should be headed.

-More squad building like ME2 and less...stuff from ME3 lol

-Improved gaming maps rather than the "corridors" of the original trilogy. Even the outdoor environments essentially funneled you down a particular route.

-Better sound, especially for weapons.

New Additions

-Space battles...cos we're in space!

-New, fluid environments. I like the traversal shown in the video.

-Sandbox planets. They don't have to be particularly large but more depth to the environment, routes to take and so on. A bit like UC4s move away from the types of closed "arenas" we have in the previous trilogy.

wHAT ARE YOU GUYS LOOKING FOR?

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

To not have the Andromeda series conclude in the way ME3 did for starters. And not have ME2 level design. Where everything was practically a straight line.

About time they bring back the Mako for select missions too. We do want to feel like were exploring space, instead of just sticking to the mission at all times.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 soul_starter

@jak42 said:

To not have the Andromeda series conclude in the way ME3 did for starters. And not have ME2 level design. Where everything was practically a straight line.

About time they bring back the Mako for select missions too. We do want to feel like were exploring space, instead of just sticking to the mission at all times.

ME3s ending wasn't that bad, I think people blew it out of proportion. The level design I agree with. For me, the character relationships and final mission make ME2 my favourite ever RPG but a lot of the level design was far too linear.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58448 Posts

I thought the way DA: Inquisition handled level design was perfect; not necessarily open world, but a bunch of well-designed sandboxes to play in. So you had that freedom to do a bunch of side quests, explore, but there was quite a bit of focus in design that can only be had from a more linear approach. It was a perfect blend of both approaches, and I would like to see that in ME: Andromeda.

Space battles would be fun, but I am afraid it would be a token gesture at this point, something tacked on. Still, it'd be kind of cool to have "random encounters" in space and you take your ship (or maybe you deploy fighters? I don't know...) to take on space pirates, enemies, and so forth.

More space stations. Planets are cool, but I kind of liked the idea of escaping space stations (like in ME2) or storming them (like in ME3 with the biotic academy). Andromeda takes place 1000 years after ME3, yeah? I don't see why we couldn't have space stations that wrap around planets, are miles upon miles large, etc.

More in-depth weapon customization and crafting.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

@soul_starter: Well I'm not exaggerating with something along the lines that its the worst ending to a game series ever. I just wasn't crazy over the plot twist and the choices given.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrbojangles25

@soul_starter said:
@jak42 said:

ME3s ending wasn't that bad, I think people blew it out of proportion. The level design I agree with. For me, the character relationships and final mission make ME2 my favourite ever RPG but a lot of the level design was far too linear.

yeah people blew it waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion. I'm not really sure what they were expecting. That Shepard just kicks the Reapers' asses and goes home? Pffffffft no, ME was too good to end with an unconditionally happy, non-ambiguous ending.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

a complete game. please EA....dont take the piss with the DLC. i know these games are expensive to make but...come on.

an option to randomise responses. no more picking the top right option for paragon and bottom right for renegade. it would make the player be honest with their responses which would be interesting. the way it was in ME compelled the player to pick one or the other and stick with it to maximise paragon/renegade points.

a sense of exploration. new galaxy, very little weight to carry from ME, mako is back. i want a new playground to explore, crazy things to do and wonders to see. i would nearly prefer it if the game was just a series of loosley connected short stories rahter than one big story. it would free up the developers to play around more.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10514 Posts
@jak42 said:

yep, sounds like a good enough foundation to build on. me1 felt like an adventure. me2 was too linear and predictable. didn't play 3 so can't comment on the ending.

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

More gay romance options and more explicit sex scenes.

just get yourself a boyfriend pal. you shouldn't be looking for gaming to fill that particular hole (pun intended) in your personal life

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22402 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I thought the way DA: Inquisition handled level design was perfect; not necessarily open world, but a bunch of well-designed sandboxes to play in. So you had that freedom to do a bunch of side quests, explore, but there was quite a bit of focus in design that can only be had from a more linear approach. It was a perfect blend of both approaches, and I would like to see that in ME: Andromeda.

Space battles would be fun, but I am afraid it would be a token gesture at this point, something tacked on. Still, it'd be kind of cool to have "random encounters" in space and you take your ship (or maybe you deploy fighters? I don't know...) to take on space pirates, enemies, and so forth.

More space stations. Planets are cool, but I kind of liked the idea of escaping space stations (like in ME2) or storming them (like in ME3 with the biotic academy). Andromeda takes place 1000 years after ME3, yeah? I don't see why we couldn't have space stations that wrap around planets, are miles upon miles large, etc.

This... I just hope it doesn't turn in to this massive open world game with a million things to do in it... that's not what ME is. It has to be more focused than that.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44399 Posts

I want to see that same sense of wonder and mystery as the first Mass Effect game had. Naturally as the storyline progressed questions get answered in subsequent games and that's ok and expected. I also really want to see the multiplayer portion that was in Mass Effect 3 to carry over and continue in Andromeda, that was a really fun aspect in the third game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#12 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I want them to can it, and let Mass Effect be done. I'm sick of the milking of once great franchises by EA, Ubi, and others.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

More gay romance options and more explicit sex scenes.

Yes plz^^

Also

Commander Shepard :D

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

What about player control character growth with the stats, abilities and gear? Are they going with the horrible DA:i or ME2 style? Are they going to put an effort into the role playing this time?

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 soul_starter

@mrbojangles25 said:

That's what I'm saying! Make the planets where you have the actual missions, mini sandboxes, with multiple paths and better level design. I agree, more space stations would be cool, as hub worlds. For missions, I don't want to be walking through the billionth shiny metal corridor.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soul_starter

@wiouds said:

What about player control character growth with the stats, abilities and gear? Are they going with the horrible DA:i or ME2 style? Are they going to put an effort into the role playing this time?

ME2 had plenty of upgrade options, although most of them had to do with combat, I did not mind it one bit. It's an action RPG. Other RPG elements included relationships, which eventually led to how your final mission shaped up, which was awesome.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 soul_starter

@mrbojangles25 said:
@soul_starter said:
@jak42 said:

yeah people blew it waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion. I'm not really sure what they were expecting. That Shepard just kicks the Reapers' asses and goes home? Pffffffft no, ME was too good to end with an unconditionally happy, non-ambiguous ending.

Lol so true, I never fully understood the complaints. Yes it was a bit silly to have everything boil down to a couple of options with a hologram or whatever, I don't remember it that well but I never felt cheated out of a conclusion tbh. Not to mention I feel ME2 had a great ending(s) so I knew that would be difficult to follow up.

@osan0 agreed, but then again, that goes for most major titles.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#18 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I want to be able to score other races homeworlds in detail.

For example see asari capital, hanar homeworld etc.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#19 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

@thehig1:

The game is set in the Andromeda galaxy, so I strongly doubt that will happen.

Anyway, I've always had low expectations for the Mass Effect games. Give me fun combat and a decent story and I'm happy.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

I want to see the biggest portion of the game centered around microtransactions

-very slow grinding with XP and money boosters -very few weapons, items and equipment are free and fairly ineffective with most of the premium stuff been rental only -only one characters is free -limited continues with a 24 hour waiting time for a new one and a 2 dollar pricetag to get it now with a 4 continues cap and 5 bucks for an extra slot -final mission of the game sold as DLC -importand missions tha promote the lore sold as DLC.

that is all I want.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 soul_starter

@thehig1 said:

Yeah we won't see that in the new galaxy but I see your point. Give us better environments to explore. Problem is, that's unlikely for now.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 soul_starter

@PETERAKO said:

-very slow grinding with XP and money boosters -very few weapons, items and equipment are free and fairly ineffective with most of the premium stuff been rental only -only one characters is free -limited continues with a 24 hour waiting time for a new one and a 2 dollar pricetag to get it now with a 4 continues cap and 5 bucks for an extra slot -final mission of the game sold as DLC -importand missions tha promote the lore sold as DLC.

that is all I want.

thats what we all want

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#23 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@soul_starter said:
@thehig1 said:

Yeah we won't see that in the new galaxy but I see your point. Give us better environments to explore. Problem is, that's unlikely for now.

True, what I want and whats likely are two different things.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mrbojangles25

@PETERAKO said:

that is all I want.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

A lot of customization options. I'll be happy with just that.

A more subtle relationship builder, rather than the "do good and said character will like you or do bad and the other character will like you".

soul_starter

Jeez, that was one of the worsts things in KOTOR 2.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@soul_starter: The holy grail of all gaming!

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soul_starter

@crimsonbrute: Yeah true, having said that's a problem with a lot of these decision making games. It's just way too black and white. With all the advance in tech, we still haven't gotten a more subtle choice system...or at least consistently enough.

Oh and I want more customisation too. Especially less important things like adding stickers and new designs to the ship and maybe even the weapons.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soul_starter

@PETERAKO: Yes, yes, Kojima is coming to save us all!

@crimsonbrute: Yeah true, having said that's a problem with a lot of these decision making games. It's just way too black and white. With all the advance in tech, we still haven't gotten a more subtle choice system...or at least consistently enough.

Oh and I want more customisation too. Especially less important things like adding stickers and new designs to the ship and maybe even the weapons.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#29 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@Macutchi: Gamers don't have boyfriends/girlfriends. That's why we're gamers - to escape that kind of life sucking nonsense.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Macutchi
@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@Macutchi: Gamers don't have boyfriends/girlfriends. That's why we're gamers - to escape that kind of life sucking nonsense.

yet you want to see more of it in games, hinting towards wanting to see specifically gay sex. and you mention the word sucking and not in a "that sucks" kind of way. freudian...

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

I remember there was a sexy evil asari. I want one liek that.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Starshine_M2A2

@Macutchi: Anythings possible in a video game so why not ask for it? Also, if that's where your head goes when you hear/read that word, I'd suggest you're the one who's mind is Freudian.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

More space exploration

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Starshine_M2A2

More probing.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Macutchi

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@Macutchi: Anythings possible in a video game so why not ask for it? Also, if that's where your head goes when you hear/read that word, I'd suggest you're the one who's mind is Freudian.

no need to get defensive pal. the first thing that came to my mind of what i wanted to see in the next instalment of a space rpg was more exploration, better story, space battles etc. the first thing that you wanted to see was more gay sex. i'm not judging you. whatever floats your boat

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Starshine_M2A2

You had plenty of exploration and a great story in the last trilogy. We got hardly any gay sex. I'm trying to make things more diverse. But you clearly don't approve of that since you keep masking your contempt for anything resembling diversity with repetition.

And yes, I am judging you.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Macutchi

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

You had plenty of exploration and a great story in the last trilogy. We got hardly any gay sex. I'm trying to make things more diverse. But you clearly don't approve of that since you keep masking your contempt for anything resembling diversity with repetition.

And yes, I am judging you.

that's ok pal, judge away, being accused of "masking your contempt for anything resembling diversity with repetition" is one of the weirdest things anyone's ever accused me of lol.

but hearing how you don't have a boyfriend / girlfriend and view relationships as life sucking nonsense i'll put your anger / weirdness down to you just venting your frustration at certain things lacking in your life as a result. let's hope andromeda gives you the fix of virtual "diversity" you're after.

anyway, as we're at risk of derailing the thread, care to make a contribution that's not weird / angry / an attempt a being zany etc? besides more gay relationships and sex what else would you like to see in andromeda?

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Starshine_M2A2

@Macutchi: If you're weirded out by that then you're an incredibly psychologically weak individual. And I highly doubt you've never been accused of weirder things considering how obsessed you are with this.

And I believe I already made a contribution to what I wanted to see in this game. I will cite your denial of that to be further evidence of your grotesque nature.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Want to see space combat. It's a space game and central character is the captain of a spaceship, you'd think there'd be combat, with ships, in space.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Macutchi

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@Macutchi: If you're weirded out by that then you're an incredibly psychologically weak individual. And I highly doubt you've never been accused of weirder things considering how obsessed you are with this.

And I believe I already made a contribution to what I wanted to see in this game. I will cite your denial of that to be further evidence of your grotesque nature.

the more you post the weirder you sound lol. great contribution. more gay, more sex, more probing. also doesn't have human relationships. uses the word grotesque. f*ckin weirdo lol

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

A hot character like Miranda Lawson

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Starshine_M2A2

@Macutchi: And now you're resorting to namecalling.... You really are a terrible human being. Although, I do enjoy being called weird since it's a word cowards use when they encounter something or someone beyond their comprehension.

Your concession is accepted, by the way.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

For it to be good

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Macutchi
@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@Macutchi: Although, I do enjoy being called weird since it's a word cowards use when they encounter something or someone beyond their comprehension.

or, much more commonly, when someone encounters a weirdo. but if that interpretation helps you get through the day pal then great. quite a strange reason to enjoy being called weird but then i wouldn't expect anything else from you

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Starshine_M2A2

@Macutchi: None of that made sense.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 soul_starter

@bmanva said:

Want to see space combat. It's a space game and central character is the captain of a spaceship, you'd think there'd be combat, with ships, in space.

Agreed!

They should have included that in ME3 considering the stakes in that game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Characters with more depth and background, much less focus on sexing the crew (I'd rather it be more like the first game where either sex had two choices for romantic partner and there was more to their relationships) and a much more "down to Earth" style narrative. BioWare and grand plot design don't mix, as Mass Effect 3 showcased gloriously.

Honestly, I'd rather the game be about the gang wars on Omega and the politics and subterfuge associated with all that than a "save the whole universe" plotline.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 soul_starter

@foxhound_fox said:

Characters with more depth and background, much less focus on sexing the crew (I'd rather it be more like the first game where either sex had two choices for romantic partner and there was more to their relationships) and a much more "down to Earth" style narrative. BioWare and grand plot design don't mix, as Mass Effect 3 showcased gloriously.

Honestly, I'd rather the game be about the gang wars on Omega and the politics and subterfuge associated with all that than a "save the whole universe" plotline.

I think ME2 did the best job of any game...ever, yes thats right, ever! In terms of depth to characters. U hardly feel emotionally connected to video game characters as I did in that game, especially considering most missions revolved around said characters and gaining their trust etc.

Oh and in terms of sexing, thats all up to you man lol

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@soul_starter said:

I think ME2 did the best job of any game...ever, yes thats right, ever! In terms of depth to characters. U hardly feel emotionally connected to video game characters as I did in that game, especially considering most missions revolved around said characters and gaining their trust etc.

Oh and in terms of sexing, thats all up to you man lol

I'm of the opinion that Mass Effect 2 while having great characters, was a major step back from the first game in terms of everything else.

And you should play more games if those are the characters you are getting emotionally attached to. Try something like Nier or Odin Sphere. Those are some amazing characters.

Avatar image for blazingpanzeriv
BlazingpanzerIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BlazingpanzerIV
Member since 2016 • 53 Posts

A robust character creation/customization feature, and a good, long, glitch free or relatively glitch free game are about all that I would like to see. And good graphics on the PS4.