What would you do if you were in Far Cry 3 in real life?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll What would you do if you were in Far Cry 3 in real life? (20 votes)

Try to survive as long as possible. 15%
Actively search for your captured friends. 15%
Try to escape the island by boat. 35%
Shoot yourself in the head upon getting the $60 1911 handgun. 25%
Other 10%

It's funny how Jason Brody, a rich college kid with no survival skills, becomes a hardened killing machine over the course of a single night. Far Cry 3's story is obviously unrealistic in this sense, considering Jason would have probably been killed trying to escape Vaas' prison camp in a hypothetical real life situation, let alone manage to kill hundreds of pirates and mercenaries all by himself.

Let's assume you take the part as Jason and actually manage to escape the camp unscathed. What do you do and how long do you think you could go on?

I wouldn't even know where to begin searching for the friends. "But Dennis says your first friend is to the west"! I don't know how to read the stars, sorry.

Trying to escape by boat would be a bad idea considering you don't know exactly where you are or how far civilization is. Not to mention you could succumb to starvation, dehydration, or a storm over the ocean.

I know nothing of making pouches from animal hides nor do I know anything about mixing plants to create medicine. If anything, I'd probably end up poisoning myself.

I would probably suck at using guns since I've never used one in real life, and I sure as hell wouldn't be lugging around a freaking rocket launcher or light machine gun with me. I wouldn't be a good sniper considering you need to know how to compensate for bullet drop, wind, etc. in real life sniping. I'd probably miss most of the time with assault rifles and SMGs since I'll be crapping my pants when enemies shoot back at me. Archery takes years to master, so the bow is out of the question.

Therefore it leaves the last (and easiest) option: a self-inflicted .45 bullet to the head from a sixty dollar 1911 handgun. O_O The one shot I wouldn't miss.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Really?

You can't find North, South, East, West just by looking at the sky?

They teach that in Kindergarten.

I'd say you personally would be getting butt raped by that English dude within 30 minutes after he told you what direction to face

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Like you TC, my knowledge of guns and survival is non-existant. So I would spend most of my time in the small friendly villages(roaming the jungle alone would be my death) trying to devise a plan to save my friends. That plan could either be acquiring the natives' help or finding a way to communicate with civilization. I don't think I'd just leave my friends and escape the island on my own(not to mention the dangers of travelling by boat in an endless ocean) but I wouldn't go guns blazing to solo rescue anyone as I would most certainly die in the process.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#3 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

I honestly think I would just go super saiyan

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I'd let the proper authorities handle it.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

I would have lost my glasses and been bitten by a snake on day one assuming Vaas didn't kill me or sell me into slavery yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

To the original poster. With everything that happened in the game, I wouldn't be able to survive. I have had military training and there were too many unrealistic situations that would easily get anyone killed. It is cool to think about though. What would you do in that situation...its interesting.

@Nuck81 Yes, they do teach children the directions. They teach you the directions via a piece of paper. They unfortunately never taught us to actually use it in a applicable scenario.

@Nuck81 said:

Really?

I'd say you personally would be getting butt raped by that English dude within 30 minutes after he told you what direction to face

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

To the original poster. With everything that happened in the game, I wouldn't be able to survive. I have had military training and there were too many unrealistic situations that would easily get anyone killed. It is cool to think about though. What would you do in that situation...its interesting.

@Nuck81 Yes, they do teach children the directions. They teach you the directions via a piece of paper. They unfortunately never taught us to actually use it in a applicable scenario.

@Nuck81 said:

Really?

They never taught you that the Sun Rises in the East and sets in the West?

If the sun is past noon, and you're facing it, what general direction are you looking at?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Scenario #1: I am killed by Vaas moments after escaping from the cage.

Scenario #2: I manage to escape the camp but am bitten by a venomous snake and die within minutes.

Scenario #3: I manage to avoid the snake but I am soon eaten alive by a tiger.

Scenario #4: I avoid all dangers, but once I fall into the river, I am eaten by a crocodile before Dennis finds me.

Scenario #5: By chance, I avoid the croc, and am saved by Dennis.

Scenario #6: Immediate dangers averted. I am safe in the village for a few hours after waking up. Dennis asks me to climb the tower to activate it, but I slip and fall to my death.

Scenario #7: I successfully activate the tower, and I a descend it. Unfortunately, I am bitten by a venomous snake and die within minutes.

Scenario #8: I am bit by the venomous snake, but I am saved by an Amanaki doctor just in time. I then go to where I think Liza is being held, and get into a firefight with the pirates. Due to my lack of combat knowledge, I am shot and killed within moments.

Scenario #9: By some crazy chance, I kill all the pirates .... but I am them mauled by a guard dog.

Scenario #10 thru Fucked-if-I know-how-many: killed by Willis because he detonated the explosives under the table. Other: I am killed during the burning of the drug fields (probably killed from trauma and seizures induced by Skrillex). Other: I am butt raped by Buck. Other: Crushed to death by fucked-if-I-know-what. Other: Killed by more pirates. Other: Drowned in a sinking cargo ship. Other: Death by ancient Chinese fire traps. Other: Crushed to death whilst trying to escape from ancient Chinese fire traps. Other: Drowned to death again. Other: Killed by Buck. Other: Mauled by another tiger for no clear reason. Other: Bit by venomous snake and die within minutes. Killed by Vaas. Other: Drowned because of Vaas. Other: Death by helicopter crash. Other: Killed by Vaas again. Other: Mauled by guard dog. Other: Set on fire by drunk pirate. Other: Killed by my own grenade. Other: Death by first wingsuit usage attempt. Other: Killed by that German guy. Other: Killed by paranoid Privateer. Other: Bit by venomous snake and die within minutes. Other: Death by fuel depot explosion. Other: Killed-to-death by Hoyt. Other: Killed-to-death by Hoyt again. Other: Killed in helicopter crash. Other: Post-qoital death by Citra.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I would cry, plead with them not to kill me, and cry some more. If I were to somehow escape and make it to a friendly village, which my odds would be next to nothing for, I would just chill there for as long as possible.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kevlar101

@sw_xvspvsn said:

go away

Mod edit: In the future, please do not quote Spam. Flag the posts or PM a moderator and we will deal with it. Thanks. Garfield

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

Interesting point of view. I can tell you it wasn't kindergarten they taught us directions. But that is not the point of this topic.

@Nuck81 said:

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

@Nuck81 said:

Really?

They never taught you that the Sun Rises in the East and sets in the West?

If the sun is past noon, and you're facing it, what general direction are you looking at?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

I'll play it in real life

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Sure as hell wouldn't search for my friends. Those people were assholes. Also, I would likely start shooting wildly.

It's a game built to seem like an action movie of sorts, of course no one would realistically survive it.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

If I were Jason Brody I'd probably just remember that my girlfriend is a nag and my friends are spoiled douchebags and I would kick back on the beach sipping a White Russian.

But that's just me.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

I'm good with both rifles and bows but instead of trying to fight tigers, crazies and professional mercenaries I would rather try to buy me some canned food and some bottles of water and head out with a most likely stolen boat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#17 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

What I hope I'd be able to do:

Step 1: Take a deep breath

Step 2: Come up with a plan

Step 3: Rescue my friends

Step 4: Get the hell out in one piece.

What I'd probably do:

Step 1: Panic

Step 2: Almost piss myself

Step 3: Find my courage waaay deep down and go help my friends

Step 4: Get shot in the head leaving the hut

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Play video games.

Jared_Bodner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jared_Bodner
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

Scenario #6: Immediate dangers averted. I am safe in the village for a few hours after waking up. Dennis asks me to climb the tower to activate it, but I slip and fall to my death.

lol... every time I fall off something in a game and survive I'm like "damn that woulda killed someone irl"

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@jared_bodner said:

@Kevlar101 said:

lol... every time I fall off something in a game and survive I'm like "damn that woulda killed someone irl"

Speaking of fall damage, have you noticed that Jason dies after falling, like, 10 feet if you only have a few health bars? O_O He can take on several groups of armed men alone, wrestle crocodiles, and shake off gunshot wounds, but if he falls 10 feet...*dead*.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

If my first hour of the game would be accurate and that I actually had managed to escape from the cage, I'd jump into a river with the intention of swimming across only to land ontop pf a crocodile that would kill me.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kevlar101

@Treflis said:

If my first hour of the game would be accurate and that I actually had managed to escape from the cage, I'd jump into a river with the intention of swimming across only to land ontop pf a crocodile that would kill me.

You stole that from me u bastard :P

Just kidding about the bastard thing. MODs, don't freak out.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#23  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

I'd probably try to negotiate with Vaas. This could mean either offering to pay him how much he wants if he lets me go, pretending I've developed Stockholm syndrome and sympathise with his group of thugs, offering to work for him, or just cry and grovel and plead not to kill me.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

@Treflis said:

You stole that from me u bastard :P

Just kidding about the bastard thing. MODs, don't freak out.

Oh thank goodness I wasn't the only one that died at the hands of the first crocodile you encounter in the game.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

It's a good thing you told us that you have military training, or else we all would have thought that Farcry 3 was a realistic scenario.

lol

To the op, I'm thinking I'd be on the horn with the nearest US Embassy.

-Byshop

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Probably get high off of shrooms

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Realistically, I'd probably have only one gun, maybe two. I'd definitely avoid using them whenever possible because I want to keep a low profile in such a hostile setting. I've spent time in the forests of Colombia and the Philippines. So, it's not like I'm a total stranger to it. One thing the game doesn't model is the stench of tropical environments. Dead things (and exposed living tissue) rot really fast in a tropical environment.

Obviously, a one-man army wouldn't work if Far Cry 3 was real-world. But, in the game, you have allies. If I have allies in the real world, I'd definitely hook up with them.

I play the Reset Outpost mode most often since I finished the campaign long ago. I like to tag along with Rakyat jeep patrols and join in the firefights when they encounter pirates or mercs. I'd do the same in the real world.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

becoming rambo in the course of a night with no military training or survival abilities obviously, d'uh.