What is the worst video game you have ever purchased?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jake2396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Jake2396
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

mine was sonic unleashed, played it for 1 day then i quit :roll:

RakatKadaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 RakatKadaver
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts

Two Worlds. It was embarassing.

jaredcsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jaredcsimpson
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

Last action hero for the Snes. I saved up my allowance and bought it and then two days later gave it my friend. I was like nine years old at the time. Stupid game !!!

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Probably Dynasty Warriors Gundam for the PS3. It's a mindless hack n slash fest, but at least the music and voice acting is decent.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Home Alone for SNES , and even though it was horrible, I still played it quite a bit lol
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

That dubious honor would go to Seventh Cross Evolution for the Dreamcast. I have no idea why GS rated it a 6.0, it deserved much, much worse imo.

viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
The Burger King games...the fact a game like Sneak King exists is just crazy! :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

Not trying to troll or anything, but Fable 2. It was a good game, but I just don't have any bad games that I've purchased. It's the worst of my good games.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

the remake of Sid Meier's Pirates

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
One called Zombie Hunters ( a PAL version release of the Oneechambara games on PS2, way before the Wii and 360 versions yet looks exactly the same :| ) I was curious about it but I knew full well what I was getting into, only cost me 9 euros, still, not worth the CD (yes one of those rare PS2 CD games ) it was burned into.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts
Feel The Magic. I mean, WTF were they thinking? Lesson learned: Never buy anything with a title that may implicate some sort of sexual innuendo.
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 viewtiful26
Feel The Magic. I mean, WTF were they thinking? Lesson learned: Never buy anything with a title that may implicate some sort of sexual innuendo.BladesOfAthena
I didn't think it was that bad. :P Then again, the first one came out when they weren't any good DS games, and Feel the Magic was one of the only ones that took advantage of the DS tech. In that sense it was more of a tech demo of sorts.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Yes, it was largely a tech demo. I didn't think it was too bad though.
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

I would say that Yusha - Heaven's Gate and Zero Divide on the PlayStation are tied for the position of the worst piece of software I have ever been stupid enough to spend good money on.

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

Capcom Fighting Evolution for the PS2. It wasn't bad, but it's probably the only game I sort of regretted buying. I mean, where the hell was Ken, Morrigan, Yun without Yang, and other great Capcom favs?! Such a lame character roster. I didn't mind the balance issues, but I was just hoping for something bigger.

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BladesOfAthena

[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]Feel The Magic. I mean, WTF were they thinking? Lesson learned: Never buy anything with a title that may implicate some sort of sexual innuendo.viewtiful26
I didn't think it was that bad. :P Then again, the first one came out when they weren't any good DS games, and Feel the Magic was one of the only ones that took advantage of the DS tech. In that sense it was more of a tech demo of sorts.

It was the music man, the music! Arrrgghh somebody stick a broom handle into my ear cuz I ain't listenin' to that ****. :P

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Capcom Fighting Evolution for the PS2. It wasn't bad, but it's probably the only game I sort of regretted buying. I mean, where the hell was Ken, Morrigan, Yun without Yang, and other great Capcom favs?! Such a lame character roster. I didn't mind the balance issues, but I was just hoping for something bigger.

martialbullet

Was this the one that smooshed together fighters from Street Fighter 2, 3 and Alpha, DarkStalkers and Red Earth? If so - I rather liked that one! :)

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 3 - only and I am repeating myself only because I couldn't get past the very first bad guy (starting point).
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

I was fooled into buying Perfect Dark Zero.I recently traded it back into gamestop for an amazing 50 cents. Awesome.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

[QUOTE="viewtiful26"][QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]Feel The Magic. I mean, WTF were they thinking? Lesson learned: Never buy anything with a title that may implicate some sort of sexual innuendo.BladesOfAthena

It was the music man, the music! Arrrgghh somebody stick a broom handle into my ear cuz I ain't listenin' to that ****. :P

Damn! I don't remember anything about that game's music.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BladesOfAthena

[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

[QUOTE="viewtiful26"] I didn't think it was that bad. :P Then again, the first one came out when they weren't any good DS games, and Feel the Magic was one of the only ones that took advantage of the DS tech. In that sense it was more of a tech demo of sorts.LordAndrew

Damn! I don't remember anything about that game's music.

It sounds like something remniscent of that cheesy psychadelic/surf pop that used to be quite popular in the 60's. Its probably the only kind of music aside from rap that I cannot stand. Arrrrggh!!

DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 DManSteelerFan
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts
Well the #1 is Assassin's Creed. That is one of the few times that I actually paid a full $60 for a game! I'm always trading in old games that I don't play but after hearing "how awesome" that it was I decided to BUY that game. I did that last year and I regret it so much it still feels like it was yesterday that I wasted that $60! Other games that I hated but I didn't buy are: Call of Juarez, Baja, Time Crisis 4, DMC4 (Can anyone say repetitive?), Need for Speed Pro Street. That's all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure there were a few more "mistakes" that I'll add later.
McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#23 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts
Mm Lego Batman I guess. It wasn't that bad it's just that I haven't actually bought any truly 'bad' games this gen.
jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

gangsters

gta 4, cos it wont ****ing work!!

nolan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 nolan-
Member since 2002 • 7050 Posts
I don't purchase bad games. I can't name one.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2. The story and characters were absolutely embarrassing. Traded it to Gamestop for $11 but would have gladly given them $11 to take it.

Ikouze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ikouze
Member since 2009 • 2027 Posts

I bought Drake of the 99 dragons a while back. I played it for 30 mins then I forgot about it.

moarmoarmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 moarmoarmoar
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts
Kungfu panda, though it came with my xbox lol.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#29 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Either Mortal Kombat Special Forces or Twisted Metal 4. Both were terrible, incomplete, glitchy games that were a total disgrace to their series.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Dead Space, I utterly hated that game, don't get me wrong I don't think it's a bad game (Wherein a bad game would constitute say bad gameplay, poor graphics or bug filled) I just didn't like it at all, probably one of my biggest let downs of this gen, and easily my worst purchase. I can't really say why, but I just loathed every minute I played it for some reason, whatever.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Dead Space, I utterly hated that game, don't get me wrong I don't think it's a bad game (Wherein a bad game would constitute say bad gameplay, poor graphics or bug filled) I just didn't like it at all, probably one of my biggest let downs of this gen, and easily my worst purchase. I can't really say why, but I just loathed every minute I played it for some reason, whatever.Im_single
Agreed. Luckily I just rented it.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

I believe it was a game called Marionette Handler or some such thing.

Lareneg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lareneg
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts

...I, uh, I bought Lagoon as a kid. You know, for the SNES.

If that sentence means nothing to you, count yourself lucky. That game was a TRAVESTY. My younger self, unfortunately, assumed it was his own fault that he sucked so bad, and I actually suffered through the entire game. Guh. That brings back nightmares.

I really hated the Legend of Heroes II game for PSP, too, but... well, Lagoon is almost legendarily bad.

viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 viewtiful26
Well the #1 is Assassin's Creed. That is one of the few times that I actually paid a full $60 for a game! I'm always trading in old games that I don't play but after hearing "how awesome" that it was I decided to BUY that game. I did that last year and I regret it so much it still feels like it was yesterday that I wasted that $60! Other games that I hated but I didn't buy are: Call of Juarez, Baja, Time Crisis 4, DMC4 (Can anyone say repetitive?), Need for Speed Pro Street. That's all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure there were a few more "mistakes" that I'll add later. DManSteelerFan
Yeah, I didn't like Assassin's Creed either. It leaves a decent first impression but after the first execution you realize how it stays pretty much the same in the side missions to artificially lengthen the game.
znator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 znator
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts

Bible Adventures, I was 4 at the time, and it looked fun to me for some reason so I played it only to be bored to death with it.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I really did not like Lost Odyssey so I go with that one

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

Wii Fit, I hate to say that I'm the not so proud owner of it.

roadwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 roadwish
Member since 2005 • 425 Posts

Two Worlds. I was so happy when i got this game but first 30 minutes turned this game into nightmare

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

Destroy All Humans--boring and monotonous. Interesting concept, terrible execution.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

Either Mortal Kombat Special Forces or Twisted Metal 4. Both were terrible, incomplete, glitchy games that were a total disgrace to their series.

BuryMe

Twisted Metal 3 carries the dubious honor of officially killing the series for most/all players. Twisted Metal 4 was better, but since most people were still vomiting from TM3 they didn't really give the game a chance. Twisted Metal Black is what finally revived the series...mostly because it was back in the hands of some of the original creators. I hope they're in the process of making a next-gen Twisted Metal. That would make me happy.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

edgewalker16

Twisted Metal 3 carries the dubious honor of officially killing the series for most/all players. Twisted Metal 4 was better, but since most people were still vomiting from TM3 they didn't really give the game a chance. Twisted Metal Black is what finally revived the series...mostly because it was back in the hands of some of the original creators. I hope they're in the process of making a next-gen Twisted Metal. That would make me happy.

I actually kinda liked Twisted metal 3 and 4. :?

Twisted Metal Black was awesome though.

The worst game I have ever purchased was Soul Calibur Legends. It had the Soul Calibur name, so I thought it would be good, but boy I was wrong. Not even a cameo of Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia could save the game, unfortunately. :|

But Soul calibur legends isn't the worst game I've ever played, just the worst game I've played that I actually purchased with my own money. (The honor of worst game I've ever played period for me is Final Fantasy X-2; it was my older brother's game. :P)

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
The World Ends With You was the worst game I ever bought. Just didn't get into it. Returned it the next day for credit. Biggest waste of $40 ever.
Eyad-93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#43 Eyad-93
Member since 2009 • 717 Posts

Grey's Anatomy the videogame.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

Two Worlds and Untold Legends the Dark Kingdom

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#45 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Daikatana

RCGV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RCGV
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

Extreme G 3 for the Gamecube. I didn't finish the first race. :/

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Bullit Witch

SSlater413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SSlater413
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts

GTA4 was the worst for me. This game had a lot of hype around it but didn't live up to it in my book.

Pythos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pythos77
Member since 2005 • 889 Posts

Mercenaries for PS2...

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts