What is it with this forum and RPGs?

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:

lolz..Topic for next podcast!

Well that's like three episodes' worth of discussion material right there

What are you if you don't mind me asking?

Indian

Interesting....

But why 0_0

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20131 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:

Well that's like three episodes' worth of discussion material right there

Indian

Interesting....

But why 0_0

My wife happens to be Indian, but from another country. I just thought that was interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#53 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Indian

Interesting....

But why 0_0

My wife happens to be Indian, but from another country. I just thought that was interesting.

Oh okay lol

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#54 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Try making better threads worth of discussion instead of using insults.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Hammerthrust
Member since 2017 • 139 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: But yet EverQuest and its ilk went on to influence several games that capitalized off the same principles, which is create an addictive world that will get the player hooked and make the player want to devote a large percentage of their time to the game. They make these games with the idea that people will play them and get hooked off of them. These games are exploitative by nature, and this is a truth that I will proclaim to people, whether they like it or not. You don't get to point the finger back at me for knowing that RPGs have an inherent set of features that may be seen as unpleasant to a huge variety of people. If you're gonna blame anybody, blame reality.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I'm not sure if the TC gets that most games today have RPG elements. So most of what is out now owes something to the genre.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@hammerthrust said:

I just saw that my thread got locked and I am curious. What is it with this forum and RPGs? Am I not allowed to dislike RPGs? Because for a forum site that seems hellbent on tearing each other down because of their preferences, it's kind of weird that I can't bash RPGs. Are they part of an untouchable pantheon of holy gaming quality that I'm not allowed to make fun of?

What are you talking about? You can slam any game you want in System Wars. I've made it known I'm sick of the same old medieval setting in most RPGs (along with the cliched swords and magic). I also made it clear it's not a reflection of the game's quality. Rather, it's mostly my tastes.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@hammerthrust said:

@charizard1605: Did it come across that way? Because I certainly didn't mean it that way!

So let me ask you this; if they don't appeal to pasty white nerds, who are they meant to appeal to then? Why wouldn't they just play a game like Call of Duty? That has leveling, I'm sure they'd like that!

This is basically becoming trolling level. This would probably be why your threads are getting locked. Because of asinine conversation like this.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Hammerthrust

@jun_aka_pekto: Well, that's another issue I have with RPGs that I'd be thrilled to discuss. What the hell is up with the swords and magic and why are they in almost every RPG? The genre is mainly a fiesta of knights and wizards and elves and then out of nowhere you have stuff like Fallout and Pokemon, which don't even make any sense. I wouldn't even begin to know what genres those game series would be classified as. People keep buying them though, so obviously they're doing something right!

Can't imagine what it'd be, though. I see games like Fallout and Pokemon and I just can't help but roll my eyes. I'm just being honest.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Hammerthrust

@mojito1988: Well that's a very truthful statement. However, I suppose it's a good thing I don't play those games. And the ones that do have mechanics that easily make up for those faults.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@hammerthrust said:

@mojito1988: Well that's a very truthful statement. However, I suppose it's a good thing I don't play those games. And the ones that do have mechanics that easily make up for those faults.

Cool. I just cannot relate. I have found games in every genre I like. I guess i'm lucky like that :)

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Hammerthrust

@mojito1988: Ehh, I mean for the most part I'm the same way.

I guess I'm just a bit more staunch with my prejudices when it comes to gaming. I've always been this way though, so I don't know any better. Hahaha!

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jun_aka_pekto
@hammerthrust said:

@jun_aka_pekto: Well, that's another issue I have with RPGs that I'd be thrilled to discuss. What the hell is up with the swords and magic and why are they in almost every RPG? The genre is mainly a fiesta of knights and wizards and elves and then out of nowhere you have stuff like Fallout and Pokemon, which don't even make any sense. I wouldn't even begin to know what genres those game series would be classified as. People keep buying them though, so obviously they're doing something right!

Can't imagine what it'd be, though. I see games like Fallout and Pokemon and I just can't help but roll my eyes. I'm just being honest.

I like the post-nuclear holocaust setting of Fallout although I just resumed playing RPGs starting with Fallout 4. I'll probably buy Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 3 at a future time. Then, there's Cyberpunk 2077 which will be in a futuristic setting.

I don't know why I'm burned out on the medieval setting. One day I was fine with it. The next day? Bleh. It comes and goes. I know I'll take interest in it again once I've stayed away long enough. Take The Witcher 3. I got bored with it and uninstalled it. But, I backed up my save games in case I take interest again.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Hammerthrust

@jun_aka_pekto: One RPG that I thought was pretty cool once upon a time was Jade Empire. It was made by Bioware, and I was really drawn in by its Ancient China setting and its martial arts gameplay. It seemed totally up my alley, and I love watching movies so I can always appreciate a good story! You'll see that I enjoy my fair share of story-based games, though they seem to mostly be relegated to console exclusives.

I shortly got bored with it, though. It is an RPG after all.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

RPG's are awesome, especially action/adventure ones

Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Thousand Year Door

The Souls games

Pokemon

Final Fantasy

Fallout

I'd be set for life if I just had that stuff I listed.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Hammerthrust

@drummerdave9099: This is very interesting. I think I'm going to create a thread sometime in the near future compiling a list summarizing the choices people are listing for their favourite games. I'm sure everybody on this forum is going to love it. It will compel lots of intriguing (and possibly controversial) discussion. I am really looking forward to this and hope all of you are as well.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@hammerthrust said:

@charizard1605: Did it come across that way? Because I certainly didn't mean it that way!

So let me ask you this; if they don't appeal to pasty white nerds, who are they meant to appeal to then? Why wouldn't they just play a game like Call of Duty? That has leveling, I'm sure they'd like that!

Dude, you're an idiot. Just shut the **** up. If I need to explain why you're an idiot, that only proves that you are.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jun_aka_pekto
@hammerthrust said:

@jun_aka_pekto: One RPG that I thought was pretty cool once upon a time was Jade Empire. It was made by Bioware, and I was really drawn in by its Ancient China setting and its martial arts gameplay. It seemed totally up my alley, and I love watching movies so I can always appreciate a good story! You'll see that I enjoy my fair share of story-based games, though they seem to mostly be relegated to console exclusives.

I shortly got bored with it, though. It is an RPG after all.

Jade Empire is a freebie in Origin. I haven't gotten around to playing it though.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/jade-empire/jade-empire/special-edition

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Hammerthrust

@the_bi99man: You are a very lucky man tonight, my friend. It's too bad that it's almost two in the morning where I live so I don't have an energy for an argument.

Sorry, but you won't be getting the satisfaction of maliciously trolling me. It would be in your best interest to do something else with your time.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Hammerthrust

@jun_aka_pekto: That's neat. Thank you for sharing that. Someone else may find it and download it because of this link.

It's a good game in it's own right, but certainly nothing worth making an Origin account over.

drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 drummerdave9099

@hammerthrust said:

@drummerdave9099: This is very interesting. I think I'm going to create a thread sometime in the near future compiling a list summarizing the choices people are listing for their favourite games. I'm sure everybody on this forum is going to love it. It will compel lots of intriguing (and possibly controversial) discussion. I am really looking forward to this and hope all of you are as well.

I mean I like most games. I hardly spend money on sports, racing, or fighting games. But games are just great in general lol. I like to jump around what genres and franchises I'm playing. Like so far this year I've played Mario 3D Land, Dark Souls 3, Half Life 2, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Uncharted, Zelda, and Kirby. That's a pretty diverse list.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Hammerthrust

@drummerdave9099: That's cool. Being diverse is certainly never a bad thing!

What would you say are some of your all-time favourite games?

drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 drummerdave9099

Mario, Zelda, and Metroid franchises and general. My opinions on those games are mostly with the general consensus. Mario World, Mario Galaxy, Mario 64, Yoshi's Island, Link to the Past, Windwaker, Ocarina of Time, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime.

Banjo Kazooie

Souls franchise

Halo 1, 2, and 3

Minecraft

Resident Evil Remake, 2, and 4

The Mario RPG's

Super Smash Bros Melee

Pokemon FireRed and HeartGold

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

@hammerthrust said:

Because the original RPGs were essentially offshoots from of Tabletop strategy games like Chainmail.

It also has to do with swords being easy to make flashy and gives the creator plenty of excuses to make flashy moves. Same goes with Magic. With magic, skill design is only limited by the creator's imagination.

It is the reason Final Fantasy, despite being in a modern era these days, still has everyone run around with swords... looks stupid as hell.

Here is another exception of an RPG where people dont use swords or magic.

pantypolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By pantypolice
Member since 2016 • 37 Posts

@hammerthrust said:

You're making yourself look like an idiot who's desperately flame baiting, it's pathetic honestly.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Anyone who is buying this guys innocent noob routine...I have some land on mars to sell you. Going cheap.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#77  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

To answer your question directly @hammerthrust. RPG's are like this holy grail of gaming because of how deliberate the games are with their depth. The flaunting of numbers and stats are easy to quantify and as a result, it gives off the notion that RPGs are some 'high-brow' genre of videogames that are either: played by intellectuals or legitimizes someone to be into complex or 'hard' videogames. There's also the 'RPG and story' relationship, but that's just so dumb.

It's a stupid line of thinking. Other genres--even 'dumb' action games are just as equal or can have far more depth than RPGs. It's just that the depth appears to be alot more nuanced in active play interactions.

I think the only legitimate quality that's legitimate is that RPGs are certainly up there in terms of game length and value for single player games.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hammerthrust

@Maroxad: That is quite strange. I see Jagged Alliance all the time on Steam but I never really checked it out.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Hammerthrust

@illmatic87:

@illmatic87 said:

To answer your question directly @hammerthrust. RPG's are like this holy grail of gaming because of how deliberate the games are with their depth. The flaunting of numbers and stats are easy to quantify and as a result, it gives off the notion that RPGs are some 'high-brow' genre of videogames that are either: played by intellectuals or legitimizes someone to be into complex or 'hard' videogames. There's also the 'RPG and story' relationship, but that's just so dumb.

It's a stupid line of thinking. Other genres--even 'dumb' action games are just as equal or can have far more depth than RPGs. It's just that the depth appears to be alot more nuanced in active play interactions.

I think the only legitimate quality that's legitimate is that RPGs are certainly up there in terms of game length and value for single player games.

It definitely does seem like it to me and right there lies the pivotal point of the problem we've got going here. Everyone here seems to love RPGs, and yet here I am just profoundly bewildered at the fact that there's even a market for these "games". I don't see the appeal at all! There's definitely lots of math, lots of logistics, lots of masturbatory intellectual stuff that's totally drawn out and unnecessary, but people seem to love it! I've even got a few people on here that are lashing out at me, calling me an idiot, and just being totally disparaging towards my point of view. It's totally not fair. But aside from that, it's not as if I'm particularly scared of these people. I find that if they ever met me in real life, they'd change their tone quite quickly! Hahaha!

I mean, it's cool if you enjoy RPGs but also enjoy the kind of games I like. It's always awesome to find other people that appreciate the particular kind of value and depth that I find in the games that I play. Even though RPGs generally don't tend to hold my attention, I would never base myself as inferior to any of these "intellectuals" and I would never consider myself less of a gamer. If I wanted to look at numbers, I'd go enroll in another university program or something. RPGs always reminded me of school, and it's no wonder all the nerdy kids in my school growing up played shit like Might and Magic. It's par for the course when you have a genre of games that have the entertainment value of a set of bus schedules,

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#80 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@hammerthrust said:

@illmatic87:

I've even got a few people on here that are lashing out at me, calling me an idiot, and just being totally disparaging towards my point of view. It's totally not fair.

I mean, when you shit all over an entire genre of games, dont be surprised if you ruffle a few feathers

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Hammerthrust

@aigis: Well, these are games that are repeatedly recommended to me and shoved down my throat. I'll even have you know that I owned a SNES at one point in time before I sold it to a friend for 50 dollars. I played some RPGs on that system, and it was sup[posed to be this holy grail of gaming for people that were into that kind of stuff. So I bought them, played through some of them to varying degrees, and formed my own opinions that stood apart from the fat, belligerent louts that seem to repeatedly defend these games. I can talk about them in detail if you would really like. Like I said, I am considering making another thread where I go more into depth about the criticisms regarding some of the games mentioned here. And yes, they have all been shoved down my throat. And incidentally, they all seem to be RPGs.

I don't think you ever got to answer my question. What are some of your favourite games? I would love to hear what you play! The differences between us don't matter!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#82 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

Anyone who is buying this guys innocent noob routine...I have some land on mars to sell you. Going cheap.

he's having fun with his little meta game

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Hammerthrust

@xantufrog: I don't quite get what you mean. What game am I playing? I am trying to discover the reasons behind why RPGs are so popular on this forum.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 aigis

@hammerthrust: You probably should give something in detail. I would be curious anyways to know what ones you have tried out.

Persona is my favorite series, so I like rpgs...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 xantufrog  Moderator

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By aigis

@hammerthrust: I actually cant comment on Chrono Trigger, havent played it. Any others?

For typical rpg tropes, most rpgs have decent enemy variety when compared to other games. Most action games have fairly low enemy variety cause the point isnt to exploit weakness like in turn-based rpgs. I think most fetch quests are frowned upon in rpgs, so honestly it could just be a bad quest. For inventory, thats kinda based on the game, most games you just have to be mindful of your inventory.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 aigis

@hammerthrust said:

I'd say that paying that kind of money for a game definitely does a good job of demonstrating the net value of an individual person.

They have disposable income?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#89 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19588 Posts
@hammerthrust said:

@charizard1605: Perhaps you were misunderstanding my comment. I certainly am not so naive to think that every gamer who prefers RPGs is a pasty white nerd, but rather that the core mindset and design philosophy of RPGs as a whole attracts and caters to the ideologies of the pasty white nerd.

"pasty white nerd"? Last I checked, RPGs are hugely popular in East Asia. People of all races play games of all genres. Stop stereotyping.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Hammerthrust

@Jag85: That's a very interesting fact, my friend! Are there any people here from East Asia that are involved in discussions on this forum?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

@hammerthrust said:

It definitely does seem like it to me and right there lies the pivotal point of the problem we've got going here. Everyone here seems to love RPGs, and yet here I am just profoundly bewildered at the fact that there's even a market for these "games". I don't see the appeal at all! There's definitely lots of math, lots of logistics, lots of masturbatory intellectual stuff that's totally drawn out and unnecessary, but people seem to love it! I've even got a few people on here that are lashing out at me, calling me an idiot, and just being totally disparaging towards my point of view. It's totally not fair. But aside from that, it's not as if I'm particularly scared of these people. I find that if they ever met me in real life, they'd change their tone quite quickly! Hahaha!

I mean, it's cool if you enjoy RPGs but also enjoy the kind of games I like. It's always awesome to find other people that appreciate the particular kind of value and depth that I find in the games that I play. Even though RPGs generally don't tend to hold my attention, I would never base myself as inferior to any of these "intellectuals" and I would never consider myself less of a gamer. If I wanted to look at numbers, I'd go enroll in another university program or something. RPGs always reminded me of school, and it's no wonder all the nerdy kids in my school growing up played shit like Might and Magic. It's par for the course when you have a genre of games that have the entertainment value of a set of bus schedules,

To answer your question in a way that does NOT involve a heavy dosage of logical fallacies including absurd strawmen. (though he has a few points including how shallow most RPGs really are).

RPGs are such a wildly popular genre because of how diverse these games are. RPGs are one of the most diverse genres out there, and can be engineered to appeal to anyone regardless of preferences to games. Developers can add puzzle elements to RPGs just as easily as they can add FPS elements (borderlands). Likewise due to some clever but manipulative game design. Really, many of the design choices common in the genre appeal because they push the right psychological buttons, be it rewarding, offering player agency and many more. You should look into the psychology of the genre. It is actually pretty fascinating.

Regarding the elitism of the RPG fanbase. RPG fans dont nearly look down on other genres as portrayed. Hell, on the website that has arguably the biggest ammount of pro-RPG elitism completely reviled the new Doom because of the addition of RPG elements. Same goes with NuXCOM and many more games. Which brings me to the biggest issue.

RPGs can be good, if not great games. But the biggest problem with RPGs is that RPG elements simply put dont mix well most other genres. As typical of the genre, the RPG comes with a lot of variables, which

• for action games completely botches the usually tight balance that action games crave. RPG elements also slow down the pace dramatically. Instead of every encounter being balanced around bayonetta being a badass with 2 guns, and excellent aerial fighting capabilities. Encounters now have to be balanced around a ranged focused bayonetta, a magic focused bayonetta and a melee focused bayonetta. Not to mention, the crippling overspecialization of bayonetta would seriously hurt the variety the game would be aiming for. Instead of adapting based on her situation, Bayonetta would just follow her specialization throughout the entire game. It also comes with an additional nasty side effect. In the old school Dooms, exploration was done for the sake of survival. In the modern doom with new upgrade system. There were very few hidden staches of goods necessary to survive, the exploration was now tied down to character upgrades.
  • For Platformers RPG elements just slow down the pace of the game. Notice how most platformers are at their best when enemies die in one hit. It also hurts the level design badly, since the level design in Sonic or Mario is specifically designed around a forest critter or plumber's platforming abilities. With RPG elements thrown in there, there are once again, too many variables to account for. Also, reach that goalpost as fast as you can, dont sit there grinding goombas to level up your jumping ability.
  • For serious strategy games. You want the game to exist in the game so to speak. If you face a Zerg, you will know that your opponent can build Zerglings and that those units have 35 hit points and cost 25 minerals. Trying to throw out of game balances just adds more complexitity but none of the depth. In short, you would create a clusterfuck by adding unnecessary RPG elements.

Likewise, Action elements screw up the RPG game, action elements often put a heavy emphasis on action and combat, in a genre whose only real strength is ROLE-PLAYING. Skill design and character systems often take a hit too. In Turn Based RPGs, the game can account for multiple party members (hopefully) adding tactical depth to the game. Skill design is usually much better too. Whereas, in action RPGs, spellcasters are often archers shooting fireballs, in more turn based stuff, it is not uncommon at all to find mages being entirely support and utility. The action oriented nature simply put does not lend well to more manipulative playstyles.

In short. What I have noticed a lot of these RPG elitists strive for is Genre Purity, not RPG supremacy. Call of Duty's RPG elements are seen as detrimental for the game, just like the action elements of FF15 are seen as detrimental. In the end, the issue is not FPS or RTS. It is these wierd hybrids that capture the strengths of neither.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 xantufrog  Moderator

Don't use "retarded" - again, read the Code of Conduct, read the posting guidelines

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@hammerthrust I'm guessing the irony of your user name and avatar are lost on you. Dragons being the core of fantasy role playing games and your name would fit very nicely with a warrior archetype in many RPG's

By the way "pasty white nerds" is about as racist, stereotyping and insulting as you can get, could imagine the uproar if someone posted "only black thieves play X genre of game"? Think what you want but don't attack people based on their race.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Hammerthrust

Ahh, well I knew I was gonna get these kind of people sooner or later. Hahaha!

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Hammerthrust

@GarGx1: The best part of this comment is the bit about my username. My username has nothing to do with gaming, period; it's a completely personal thing to me.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By GarGx1

@hammerthrust said:

@GarGx1: The best part of this comment is the bit about my username. My username has nothing to do with gaming, period; it's a completely personal thing to me.

That's fine, your reasons are your own. I'm just pointing out that it would fit vey nicely as a name in a RPG, more so a fantasy based MMORPG and I find it (especially combined with a dragon avatar) ironic.

Hammerthrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Hammerthrust

@GarGx1: I just looked for "video game avatar" on google and found this. I didn't know what to put, but I didn't wanna leave a bland, default background. It's really just a dragon, nothing more. Though it does kind of look like the dragon in the Mortal Kombat logo, which is always kind of cool.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 GarGx1

@hammerthrust: It's fine dude, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm not questioning your choices of name and avatar, it just put a smile on my face when I read the context of the thread.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@hammerthrust said:

@dakur: What are "lems"? There's a PC game called Lemmings. Is that what they are? There's actually lemmings from that game that type on this forum?

I'm convinced you're a joke account....

Yep, or this dude is really, really dense.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@hammerthrust said:

@the_bi99man: You are a very lucky man tonight, my friend. It's too bad that it's almost two in the morning where I live so I don't have an energy for an argument.

Sorry, but you won't be getting the satisfaction of maliciously trolling me. It would be in your best interest to do something else with your time.

I'm not trolling, and I don't want to get in an argument. You're the type of person who derides an entire genre of games because they "appeal to pasty white nerds". You are a complete fucking imbecile, and there is nothing about your "critique" that even warrants discussion. You are, by definition, trolling. I don't understand why this thread hasn't been locked.