What do you want from the next generation?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

earlaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 earlaps
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts

I think many of us were disappointed when the XB 360 and PS 3 did not bring the revolutionary changces in game play we were looking for. Yes, the graphics are better and the game play is deeper, but it is essentially the same stuff in nicer packages and better contents. I am not looking forward to Madden 09 with better jock sweat graphics as the only improvement. But just what do you want to see in the next gen systems that we do not have now? I have some ideas, but I am interested in your ideas.

Hikaru_Isamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hikaru_Isamu
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
I'm looking forward to working consoles. I'm looking at you, Microsoft.
JerseyJ2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JerseyJ2007
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
I'm still waiting for virtual reality, hot daggone it.
earlaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 earlaps
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
I can't describe what I am looking for very well, but I certainly want some dramatic change in the games we now play. Using sports games as an example, I can't imagine buying new versions of the same thing every year because the current next gen systems have pushed the envelope as far as they are going to, and modest graphical tweeks are not going to justify shelling out $$ for the annual edition of the game. I guess the closest I can come to an example is a sports game in which you play as a specific player but rather than just seeing the game from that person's point of view as in Show 08 baseball, you really get into the player's skin in a realistic sense in terms of decision making. Somehow, I do not think the current PS 3 or 360 can handle this, but when they finally take it to the next set of consoles, I hope to see some big changes. I think that in order to keep their customers the game hardware and software people will need to do this. And it is not just sports.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#5 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
You know, I'm happy with better graphics, the ability to make larger and better games and deeper gameplay. I hate motion controls like that on the Wii, I find it distracting. I just want to have a more realistic experience.
Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
Better graphics and more interactions! That is, anything that makes the game appear more real. :)
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I want to play games that I feel couldn't have been done last generation. Character counts were pretty high last gen in some games and haven't increased at all in a very functional way (Looks at Spartan). Most games are a bit bigger now, but I still feel as if it is mock-size and streamloaded rather than an actually large area I'm in, and again, most developers don't use this space functionally, just as eyecandy.

I'm hard pressed to find anything that couldn't have been done to some extent last generation.