What do you think are the main reasosn the GC was a disater for Nintendo?

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#101 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

I can't speak for everyone, but for me personally, it was the N64 that was the main reason I avoided the GameCube.

simply put, the N64 was just such a useless system (for me personally) that I converted away from Ninty and over to Sony (PS1 remains my all time favorite system, and there is nothing else that comes remotely close)

I avoided the NGC for so long due to my N64 experience, that I wrongly assumed it had the flaws. It didn't. The GameCube was fantastic.

nameless12345

It was the other way around for me - I was satisfied with the N64 (except the slowdown in some games annoyed me) but GC left a lot to be desired for me.

fair enough friend, and I can understand that sentiment.

for me its just the genres that I play (RPG, survival horror & shmup) of which the N64 was literally a baren wasteland (aside from Ogre Battle 64 and a port of RE2).

The GameCube on the other hand, had some great titles of each (RPG- skies of arcadia, baten kaitos, tales of symphonia, SHMUP - chaos field, ikaruga, SH - all the resident evils and Eternal Darkness)

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#102 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="Shockwave-DASH"] I still don't know what this thread is about, the TC seemed to be talking about finance ut changed his topic and he's not the only one in the thread to do so. I am confused.Shenmue_Jehuty

You won't be getting an answer... TC's been banned.

Thank God! Although, this victory will be short lived; the TC is like Dracula in Castlevania, he just keeps on coming back over and over no matter how many times you get rid of him.

One does not simply stop Another48Hours/ LastResort/ KillerCannonade... one can only hope to supress the stupidity and trolling for as long as possible.

Shockwave-DASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Shockwave-DASH
Member since 2012 • 1093 Posts

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

You won't be getting an answer... TC's been banned.

turtlethetaffer

Thank God! Although, this victory will be short lived; the TC is like Dracula in Castlevania, he just keeps on coming back over and over no matter how many times you get rid of him.

One does not simply stop Another48Hours/ LastResort/ KillerCannonade... one can only hope to supress the stupidity and trolling for as long as possible.

Maybe he's phonemug/Loosingends/Ispeakfact.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shockwave-DASH

Maybe he's phonemug/Loosingends/Ispeakfact.

Could be. Sometimes I think there are less than 30 users on this board.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#105 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
The main reason is the same the Nintendo.The same reason for the N64/Wii disaster.....Nintendo systems sucks.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

The main reason is the same the Nintendo.The same reason for the N64/Wii disaster.....Nintendo systems sucks.AtariKidX

waynesworld-cool-story-bro.jpg

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#107 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]The main reason is the same the Nintendo.The same reason for the N64/Wii disaster.....Nintendo systems sucks.nameless12345

waynesworld-cool-story-bro.jpg

Handsomely done NAMELESS, somebody had to do it.

NinjaLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 NinjaLegacy
Member since 2012 • 189 Posts

The gamecube is my favorite nintendo console ever even more then the orginal nes so i'm happy with how it turned out.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

The only reason PS2 beat GC was third party support. Same with N64. And if GC was such a disaster, how could the wii save them sales wise?

GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GaussRiemann
Member since 2012 • 249 Posts

[QUOTE="KillerCannonade"] Failure and Disater or two different words. For Nintendo the system was a disater, in the market it was a disater, compared to the competition it was a disater, it;s support was a disater, profit? Was a disater. Failure would be the word you are looking for. This is "Disater" Spell it with me now D.I>>>S.???A:::S////T----E+++R=Disater.KillerCannonade

Crocneck?

I find it ironic you're telling me to spell disaster when you said "disater."

That's how they spell it in EU/PAl. Just ask any PAl type person. Like here it's COLOR, there it's COLOUR Here it's Disaster, there it's Disater. Pal people until 2008 were also mentally unable to see past 50 FPS for a long time. The more you know.

It's spelled "disaster" as well in Europe. Thanks to the Dreamcast, we had already have 60 Hz available since the 90s.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#111 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="KillerCannonade"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Crocneck?

I find it ironic you're telling me to spell disaster when you said "disater."

GaussRiemann

That's how they spell it in EU/PAl. Just ask any PAl type person. Like here it's COLOR, there it's COLOUR Here it's Disaster, there it's Disater. Pal people until 2008 were also mentally unable to see past 50 FPS for a long time. The more you know.

It's spelled "disaster" as well in Europe. Thanks to the Dreamcast, we had already have 60 Hz available since the 90s.

ROFL! We already had that coversation. KC was something else.