What do you think about the new Tomb Raider?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I recently saw an advertisement for this game and I was very impressed. This game kind of reminds me of Uncharted which is a good thing, also a bit ironic because Uncharted kind of copied Tomb Raider :P

I used to hate the Tomb Raider games, but this one is a whole new direction for the series. I also like the look of Laura more, she is more realistic.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
I used to love the Tomb Raider games. In fact I do still love the first five and bought them from GOG.com just recently. I hate how this new one looks. I think it's a perfect example of just what's wrong with the videogame industry these days.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#3 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I used to love the Tomb Raider games. In fact I do still love the first five and bought them from GOG.com just recently. I hate how this new one looks. I think it's a perfect example of just what's wrong with the videogame industry these days. MonoSilver

How so? I think it looks amazing.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
I used to love the Tomb Raider games. In fact I do still love the first five and bought them from GOG.com just recently. I hate how this new one looks. I think it's a perfect example of just what's wrong with the videogame industry these days. MonoSilver
i dont buy that criticism. There have been plenty of tomb raider games following the exact same format, its time for something new. I think the game looks amazing. Looks like a more mature version of Uncharted 1
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Its gona be a great game, 8.5 easy. But I have more creative methods of wasting my own time. RPG's Suck !
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#6 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I dont know because its not out yet...I dont judge games until I have played them
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#7 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

I'm interested in seeing how they weave together Lara's origin story with the gameplay. They've really been hyping up the story but I hope the gameplay is just as strong. Can't wait.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts
Well from what I've seen and heard about the game I think it should turn out awesome but I won't really know until I actually play. Very much looking forward to doing just that.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

i'm pretty excited over it. it looks beautiful and it looks like it plays well.

I like that this isn't the stereotypical female bad @ss, While i really don't mind sexualized leads in my entertainment (games, movies, shows, etc), I don't want/need it all the time.

Also like the fact that it seems very dirty and gritty. I still remember actually saying "oh damn!" in pain, seeing Lara fall and get impaled by a pike through her side. Now it's obvious to me at least the game isn't just a sado-masochist game of lets beat up on the woman. Seems more like she's getting really hurt in the beginning as she's trying to survive, then by the end of the game becomes the Tomb Raider as we all expect her to.

In a similar way like Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins, or Dark Knight Rises.

But i will say though i am bracing myself for more controversy with this game. I'm just waiting, i expect someone somewhere is gonna cry foul and get butt hurt over it - no matter what they do.

As for it's multiplayer i do not care about. I mean cool whatever modes, but i'm not really gonna bite into it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Don't know, I'll have to play it first. I've come to never trust trailers or impressions as I've been too disappointed too many times. The trailers look great but any game can be made to look incredible with them. From what I've seen it looks promising. On the other hand, I keep hearing it's a huge action shoot-a-thon from those who've seen it.

I'm guessing it will get in the 8 range here.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

Its trying to be the female Rambo, I was on Xbox live, and it shows here sticking a needle in here arm to patch, JUST like Rambo... I personally dont find female badasses to be believable, everyone knows that in real life they would freak out as soon as they see a spider. Women dont do that for the sake of being annoying. I mean I open a door before a woman sees me and her first reaction is to run away or yell and get scared, XD!

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Horny man's Uncharted.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I like what i've seen so far and i'm going to purchase the game.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonoSilver
[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]I used to love the Tomb Raider games. In fact I do still love the first five and bought them from GOG.com just recently. I hate how this new one looks. I think it's a perfect example of just what's wrong with the videogame industry these days. BossPerson
i dont buy that criticism. There have been plenty of tomb raider games following the exact same format, its time for something new. I think the game looks amazing. Looks like a more mature version of Uncharted 1

"Looks like a more mature version of Uncharted 1" And therein lies the problem. It's now just uncharted but with breasts and lots of groaning. Also what was wrong with keeping the series true to it's roots? You don't see the Final Fantasy series changing so much do you? Or the MGS series? It's time for something new with Mario but Nintendo keep releasing the same games year after year.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]I used to love the Tomb Raider games. In fact I do still love the first five and bought them from GOG.com just recently. I hate how this new one looks. I think it's a perfect example of just what's wrong with the videogame industry these days. BossPerson

A format change sure. But changing the genre of the game seems a bit harsh. The essence and core of the game seems different from before which was cerebral, slow-paced and involved a lot of looking around. I love the reboot angle and although this Lara is very different I don't mind because the previous Lara had all the personality and depth of a badly written cartoon character (the moral dilemma she is supposed to be going through in Anniversary actually made me laugh out loud because of how awkward it was). Not digging the voice actress (voice acting in general actually other than Lara's mentor-type character) as it doesn't seem to bring the character to life. The new game looks like it will be an exciting and convincing origin story, but one that lacks what made TR work. I think TR, like other storied franchises such as Zelda is caught in a place where it needs to change and innovate, but at the same time do it without losing what makes the core of the games interesting. For developers this is naturally very difficult to engineer because the reason the franchises caught on in the first place had a lot to do with happy accident rather than design. And on the Uncharted note. Uncharted only took cues from TR in terms of the adventure setting (something that was never unique to TR anyway) (I guess you could point out TRs influence on the 3d action/adventure genre on the whole, but that would be as valid as comparing GTA3 to Ocarina of Time). What this TR has taken from Uncharted though is much more intimate (the look, ebb and flow of the gunplay, set-pieces), and uniquely part of Uncharted's design DNA.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
I'm a fan of the old Tomb Raider games (1-5) and while skeptical about modernizations of a set franchise I'll keep an eye out to see if it turns out good. Hoping for the best.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Looks kind of interesting - I might pick it up when it hits the bargain bin. I was disappointed when I heard they were adding multiplayer, it just tells me that not only will time and effort be taken away from the development of the single-player portion of the game, but the whole thing's probably designed by the marketing department as they look at sales analysis charts etc. and will be therefore be fairly generic and unremarkable. But I hope I'm wrong.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulekani

Looks kind of interesting - I might pick it up when it hits the bargain bin. I was disappointed when I heard they were adding multiplayer, it just tells me that not only will time and effort be taken away from the development of the single-player portion of the game, but the whole thing's probably designed by the marketing department as they look at sales analysis charts etc. and will be therefore be fairly generic and unremarkable. But I hope I'm wrong.

Jackc8
If you hope you're wrong then buy the damn game day 1. And exactly what type of multiplayer is featured in this Tomb Raider ?
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Tomb Raider would be the 2nd 2013 game I buy after Crysis 3 and before Bioshock: Infinite.

Avatar image for brandonthejames
brandonthejames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 brandonthejames
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Normally I wouldn't even look at a Tomb Raider game but this one has definitelystood out. It was a good idea going with an origins story. I think I'll give it a go.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

I think it looks outstanding. Would've been a defiite purchase before they shoehorned multiplayer into it. Now it's the best rental I'll make this year.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#22 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Looks a bit too much like Uncharted in terms of cinematic flair but I'll pick it up - discounted preorder doesn't hurt either. I really enjoyed the last three Tomb Raider games, though (four if you count Guardian of Light), so I am a bit wary about them going more towards stealth and combat instead of traversal and puzzles. I guess I'll see when it releases.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulekani

I think it looks outstanding. Would've been a defiite purchase before they shoehorned multiplayer into it. Now it's the best rental I'll make this year.

Shame-usBlackley
So increasing the game's replay value lowers your desire to own it. Way to stick it to the man, Big Guy.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonoSilver
[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

Lulekani
So increasing the game's replay value lowers your desire to own it. Way to stick it to the man, Big Guy.

Tomb Raider has never needed multiplayer. The games have always been solely about you surviving as Lara on your own, solving puzzles and exploring. Sticking a multiplayer mode in is just a marketing decision as it seems all games must have it these days.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Looks nothing like Tomb Raider. It's way different than what Lara Croft really is.

DMC is also different but at least it sticks to it's origins, I mean the gameplay is close to what it was on the previous DMC games.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shame-usBlackley

Lulekani

Adding the same bullet point that every other game does is not always quantified as adding replay value, pork chop.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shame-usBlackley

[QUOTE="Lulekani"][QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

MonoSilver

Tomb Raider has never needed multiplayer. The games have always been solely about you surviving as Lara on your own, solving puzzles and exploring. Sticking a multiplayer mode in is just a marketing decision as it seems all games must have it these days.

Precisely.

I have, literally, fifty games on my shelf that have multiplayer communities that are far more robust and well-supported than this game's will ever be. I don't, however, have many new Tomb Raider games. Added value my ass. Give me a long campaign that modernizes and evokes everything I liked about the series to begin with. That would be added value -- not playing hide and seek with a bunch of 14 year olds that will have forgotten the game after a month.

N3MO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N3MO
Member since 2002 • 20333 Posts

Shame-usBlackley
I would normally groan at tacked on multuplayer. But CD isn't shoehorning it in. They gave it to an entirely different development team to create while they focused on the core of the game. So nothing is lost or effected by the inclusion of it. Just an extra feature on the disc you can completely ignore if one so desires.
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shame-usBlackley

N3MO

I would normally groan at tacked on multuplayer. But CD isn't shoehorning it in. They gave it to an entirely different development team to create while they focused on the core of the game. So nothing is lost or effected by the inclusion of it. Just an extra feature on the disc you can completely ignore if one so desires.

Fine, but that ignores simple economics. The money is all finite and comes from the same pool. Resources spent on multiplayer could have been spent making the single-player longer and better. There's just no way around that.

And whether they farmed it out or not doesn't matter to me, really -- multiplayer gaming is a toilet. It's the same five or six modes we've been playing for nearly fifteen years. I'd wager a lung that this is no different. They're just trying to pander to the COD mouth breathers who won't buy a game without multiplayer. Which is fine -- that group is powerful and influential because it buys LOTS of copies of games. But I have to speak with my wallet as well, which is why I will rent it instead.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Archangel3371
Personally I'm very much looking forward to checking out Tomb Raider's multiplayer aspect. I love that so many games are trying to incorporate online multiplayer modes into their games these days. Due to this there have been many excellent additions brought into the online gaming space and even the steadfast types like Deathmatch and Capture the Flag have evolved greatly just in this gen alone. I'm also highly skeptical that the inclusion of an online mp modes automatically means it's included at the cost of the single player game. Unless you are actually involved in developing the game there's really no sure way to tell but personally I think for the most part we'd get the same game except that it just would have been cheaper to make especially in this case were it was outsourced. I think developers are doing some very cool and inventive things by adding online mp to games that weren't typically associated with mp and while not every single one turns out great I think overall it's well worth the effort and that adding another bullet-point to the back of the box isn't inherently a bad thing to do.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Articuno76

N3MO

That development muscle could have gone into any number of things that fans of the series would appreciate more. The multi-player of this game (unless something miraculous happens) will be dead within a few weeks. Having the developers create some challenge rooms or something would have added more value. The multi-player may not have come at the cost of single-player content, but as has been pointed out, its still resources poured into the game that could have gone somewhere where it would have been appreciated. Now if the multi-player was some form of co-op with special puzzles or something that it would be different, but this looks like standard deathmatch fare.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Archangel3371
I remember people were all bemoaning the fact that Mass Effect 3 was getting an online mp mode and it turned out to be a great addition that recieved plenty of free content and is still heavily played. Regardless though I don't have to have every game with an mp mode last years online because unless I severely cut down on the games that I purchase then I simply don't have the time to always play them. If I can get a solid game with an enjoyable campaign and a few dozen hours of online play then I consider that to be perfect.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MonoSilver
I remember people were all bemoaning the fact that Mass Effect 3 was getting an online mp mode and it turned out to be a great addition that recieved plenty of free content and is still heavily played. Regardless though I don't have to have every game with an mp mode last years online because unless I severely cut down on the games that I purchase then I simply don't have the time to always play them. If I can get a solid game with an enjoyable campaign and a few dozen hours of online play then I consider that to be perfect.Archangel3371
I can sort of understand putting multiplayer in Mass Effect though because you're always working in a team, with others and against others. Tomb Raider has always been a solitary experience and all the better for it. I can just imagine them giving Lara some god awful sidekick in the next game.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]I remember people were all bemoaning the fact that Mass Effect 3 was getting an online mp mode and it turned out to be a great addition that recieved plenty of free content and is still heavily played. Regardless though I don't have to have every game with an mp mode last years online because unless I severely cut down on the games that I purchase then I simply don't have the time to always play them. If I can get a solid game with an enjoyable campaign and a few dozen hours of online play then I consider that to be perfect.MonoSilver
I can sort of understand putting multiplayer in Mass Effect though because you're always working in a team, with others and against others. Tomb Raider has always been a solitary experience and all the better for it. I can just imagine them giving Lara some god awful sidekick in the next game.

That's true but I've played other solitary type games' mp modes like Bioshock 2 and Dead Space 2 and while they certainly weren't cream of the crop for online gaming they were fun to play if even for a brief amount of time. I don't think those games really would have been any different had they not put in an online mode so for me this is all extra content for the games. Generally speaking I feel that something is typically better then nothing and while it's not a 100% rule for the most part I feel that the majority of games that were previously single-player only and have now added mp content have improved that product even if only slightly.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

People still play Tomb Raider?

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lulekani
[QUOTE="Lulekani"][QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

MonoSilver

To hell with needs. They're games not medicine, they thrive on desires, not needs. And if developers want multiplayer then thats their choice. They'd ask gamers what they want but no studio is going to make the same mistake Capcom made. You don't like it ? Good, you probably werent a real Tomb Raider fan anyway.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MonoSilver

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="Lulekani"] So increasing the game's replay value lowers your desire to own it. Way to stick it to the man, Big Guy.Lulekani

To hell with needs. They're games not medicine, they thrive on desires, not needs. And if developers want multiplayer then thats their choice. They'd ask gamers what they want but no studio is going to make the same mistake Capcom made. You don't like it ? Good, you probably werent a real Tomb Raider fan anyway.

Come again? I'm not a Tomb Raider fan because I want the game to stay single player? Like it's always been?

I remember playing the first one on PS1 on a 14" TV when I was younger. I'd imagine the majority of people playing the new on online weren't even born when the first game was out. The series also doesn't need role-playing elements, but hey lets just stick that in too, seeing as games aren't medicine...

N3MO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N3MO
Member since 2002 • 20333 Posts

That development muscle could have gone into any number of things that fans of the series would appreciate more. The multi-player of this game (unless something miraculous happens) will be dead within a few weeks. Having the developers create some challenge rooms or something would have added more value. The multi-player may not have come at the cost of single-player content, but as has been pointed out, its still resources poured into the game that could have gone somewhere where it would have been appreciated. Now if the multi-player was some form of co-op with special puzzles or something that it would be different, but this looks like standard deathmatch fare.Articuno76

The main game already has something along the lines of Challenge Rooms hidden throughout the island. And the resources used on multiplayer were only gained because CD pitched the idea for it late in development. Otherwise we would have gotten the same single player game we are already getting, just no multiplayer mode. Multiplayer was CD's idea from the begining, but they didn't want to add it if it would have any effect on the creation of the core game. Something they have made very clear since they revealed multiplayer.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#41 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]Lulekani

You really need to learn a thing or two about manners. Attacking other users needlessly isn't tolerated around here. I suggest you change your behavior.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#42 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

The main game already has something along the lines of Challenge Rooms hidden throughout the island. And the resources used on multiplayer were only gained because CD pitched the idea for it late in development. Otherwise we would have gotten the same single player game we are already getting, just no multiplayer mode. Multiplayer was CD's idea from the begining, but they didn't want to add it if it would have any effect on the creation of the core game. Something they have made very clear since they revealed multiplayer.N3MO

Indeed, but it's hard to change perception. There's always the possibility that multiplayer takes away resources from the core game, regardless of whether that's actually happening or not. So of course everyone continues to cling to the idea that it always does. Hard not to when most multiplayer modes follow the same damn gameplay modes and variants. Easier to accept it when there's obvious work put into it to ensure it plays to the game's strengths.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lulekani
Okay okay okay. . . . I apologise, the liquor reduces my ability to tolerate (insert negative stereotype), no worries though, Candy makes me delightful.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Articuno76

[QUOTE="Articuno76"]That development muscle could have gone into any number of things that fans of the series would appreciate more. The multi-player of this game (unless something miraculous happens) will be dead within a few weeks. Having the developers create some challenge rooms or something would have added more value. The multi-player may not have come at the cost of single-player content, but as has been pointed out, its still resources poured into the game that could have gone somewhere where it would have been appreciated. Now if the multi-player was some form of co-op with special puzzles or something that it would be different, but this looks like standard deathmatch fare.N3MO

The main game already has something along the lines of Challenge Rooms hidden throughout the island.

Make more of them then. Or make some extra mode. Something that actually gives true value to the game.

A multi-player that will in all likelihood be empty in a few weeks (and one that is competing with other strong multiplayer offerings) isn't value for a majority of people buying the game; it's a bullet-point on the back of the box.

I can understand that this didn't affect the core game...what I cannot accept is that this use of development resources has added any value to the package. How about some compelling content instead? Maybe some good DLC down the road? Or if you are going to do a multiplayer have it work with what people like about the franchise (look at Guardian of Light for instance) rather than deathmatch modes.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shame-usBlackley

A multi-player that will in all likelihood be empty in a few weeks (and one that is competing with other strong multiplayer offerings) isn't value for a majority of people buying the game; it's a bullet-point on the back of the box.

Articuno76

I'll make a bet right now with any takers that Tomb Raider's online mode is a ghost town after 90 days. Assuming I'm right, let me just ask this:

Is wasting all those resources and time on a mode that will be forgotten after 90 days really worth it? Or could they have just made more content for the campaign -- content which, let's face it, is already done and waiting to be announced as DLC most likely? That's the real pisser. I can almost guarantee that the game ships with this cardboard cutout online mode and DLC is announced for the game within weeks of it being shipped. You're going to get some POS online mode that apes the last twenty-five games that aped the hundred before that, and content from the campaign will be held hostage for more money.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="Articuno76"]

Shame-usBlackley

I'll make a bet right now with any takers that Tomb Raider's online mode is a ghost town after 90 days. Assuming I'm right, let me just ask this:

Is wasting all those resources and time on a mode that will be forgotten after 90 days really worth it? Or could they have just made more content for the campaign -- content which, let's face it, is already done and waiting to be announced as DLC most likely? That's the real pisser. I can almost guarantee that the game ships with this cardboard cutout online mode and DLC is announced for the game within weeks of it being shipped.

Agreed, it is a complete waste of time and money. Everyone here who says they will actually play this, will not actually play it past two weeks and it will be gone and forgotten left to languish forever in the bowels of multiplayer mediocrity right besides Bioshock, Max Payne, and most other games crap online modes. All of you saying you are actually wanting this are hurting the game industry by having these nonsense multiplayer modes infect everythin, siphoning out actual creativity and value from the single player experience. Thank you so much.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#47 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

[QUOTE="N3MO"][QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

Shame-usBlackley

Fine, but that ignores simple economics. The money is all finite and comes from the same pool. Resources spent on multiplayer could have been spent making the single-player longer and better. There's just no way around that.

And whether they farmed it out or not doesn't matter to me, really -- multiplayer gaming is a toilet. It's the same five or six modes we've been playing for nearly fifteen years. I'd wager a lung that this is no different. They're just trying to pander to the COD mouth breathers who won't buy a game without multiplayer. Which is fine -- that group is powerful and influential because it buys LOTS of copies of games. But I have to speak with my wallet as well, which is why I will rent it instead.

I am really fed up with that argument. The budget for the single player was finalized. The campaign was being made as is. At this point, the publisher isn't going to raise more money for the single player campaign, so they raise it for the multiplayer. If they weren't going to raise money for the MP, they wouldn't have given a cent to expand the SP anyway. If you think voting with your wallet makes any difference, it doesn't. Had that been the case, enough angry gamers would have killed the desire for MP in these types of games long ago. Support the game that you were interested in for so long, and just don't play the MP. It is that simple.
mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

i think it looks good. interested in where this series goes. and a definate improvement over underworld. i have my CE preorder in, so day 1 for me.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

One I'm not into those type of "movie adventure" games.

Two I don't enjoy playing as a woman.

So zero hype personally, I don't even play Uncharted, just doesn't do anything for me.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

[QUOTE="N3MO"] I would normally groan at tacked on multuplayer. But CD isn't shoehorning it in. They gave it to an entirely different development team to create while they focused on the core of the game. So nothing is lost or effected by the inclusion of it. Just an extra feature on the disc you can completely ignore if one so desires.JustPlainLucas

I am really fed up with that argument. The budget for the single player was finalized. The campaign was being made as is. At this point, the publisher isn't going to raise more money for the single player campaign, so they raise it for the multiplayer. If they weren't going to raise money for the MP, they wouldn't have given a cent to expand the SP anyway. If you think voting with your wallet makes any difference, it doesn't. Had that been the case, enough angry gamers would have killed the desire for MP in these types of games long ago. Support the game that you were interested in for so long, and just don't play the MP. It is that simple.

Voting with your wallet works.

So many game devs and publishers have gone out of business, because they thought they knew better than the gamers what gamers want.

If you don't listen to your customers, you are just cutting your own throat.

MP belongs in games built around MP.

Nobody buys uncharted to play MP, for MP they get BF3, CoD, Halo, etc. They play UC for the single-player campaign.

Look what happened with ME3, a poor understanding of their own IP, poor understanding of gamer culture, refusal to listen to fans, if they had just pulled in 5 random kids off the street to play the beta, they would have TOLD you it sucks, they would have TOLD you 5 minute cutscene to play 2 minutes is boring and annoying, they would TOLD you that MP does not belong in a game like this.

But no, "we know best" and so they lose money on the project or at best they break even, and end up ruining the whole IP. Asshats.