What Do You NOT LIKE About Halo 3 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trippyskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 trippyskullz
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts
i am not a huge halo freak. i didnt own the first and never beat the second although i saw the ending. but ibought this game andi like it very much but in general. just list what you dont like, if theres anything thatstands out. no one will accuse you of Halo-Hating. :)
F-14Bombcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 F-14Bombcat
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

HALO FANBOYS!!! :evil:

Besides that, it is eerily similar to the second one, and shouldn't have deserved the hype it got.

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts
I was actually happy that Halo 3 fixed most of the things that bothered me about the first two. I just wish Halo 3 was longer, lol.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
i went to play my solo campaign from where i left off, and it told me it couldnt resume, so i had to restart the level. i didnt like that. 
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
Ok, I have loved Halo since the release of the first one...so I'm not going to hate in the slightest. But, what I don't like about 3 that I thought would be fixed, would have added....First thing, not such a big deal, can help you, can hurt you is you can still super bounce on some of the multiplayer maps. Second thing, I would have thought, and maybe they will eventually in a little bit of time, release a mod where you can build your own custom maps...from the ground up. Yeah what they have right now, where you can change the placement of things on a map is somewhat nice, but it would be even better if you could build your own custom maps. Because I would so try to replicate maps from part 1 and make some CS maps or something in a smaller version. And that's about it.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Some of the weapon sounds are pathetic (assault and covenant main guns from the first), the AR especially sounds like it's running on AAA batteries. The deep bass that they removed from some of the weapons really lessens the impact of combat which is what Halo did so well. Hell, the pistol sounds stronger than the AR...

Also, why did they lower the clip amount to 32? Reloading more often is not fun, and the weapon doesn't feel any more effective. I'd much rather have a large clip that I could rapidly unload at enemies with heavy bass than a small clip that possibly does more damage but sounds like a peashooter and needs to be reloaded every 3 seconds. It's not like the gun was overpowered in the original, and if it was, so what? It was damn fun.

Theabsence of the life bar still SUCKS.

I don't like the texture pop in and in game "freezing" for 2-4 seconds in the middle of gameplay. These things happening in the concluding chapter of one of the most revered games in the industry is inexusable, not to mention this is on the 360. This is MS's flagship title, and should've been given the utmost care and polish. It makes me think once again that single-player was given second hand treatment to the multi-player, as with Halo 2. Multi-player brings in more $$$, so that's probably what happened.

Halo 3 is a good game, but still is not as good as the original.

OneWingedAngel: same problem here, except it erased all the levels and I had to start from the very beginning.

feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 feel_freetwo
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
maps arent as well designed as i thought. the match making system whcih people saw in halo 2 is back (i never played halo 2 on the xbox so it was all new to me) and it made no freaking sense.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

HALO FANBOYS!!! :evil:

Besides that, it is eerily similar to the second one, and shouldn't have deserved the hype it got.

F-14Bombcat

Nothing deserves that hype but its still a great finale to a game. I think 80% of people that post in Halo threads dont actually or had only a few hours with the game. The game is a amazing spectacle especially as it draws to its conclusion.

TC= Thing I wish had been improved is the AA. The graphics are fine but my monitor shows average AA at best. Though it seems some TV's show different AA and smooth as hell. Not sure why maybe its the upscaling. Also custom matchmaking is a must and Im disappointed it hasnt got it again.

Great game

Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

i went to play my solo campaign from where i left off, and it told me it couldnt resume, so i had to restart the level. i didnt like that.OneWingedAngeI

Yeah,at the cutscene with the truth my Internet crashed (not XBL) while playing co-op with a friend and I now have to restart the whole Level...It was the longest until now.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Two complaints. The story was not easy to follow sometimes and I miss fighting against elites. Other than that it isa much better game than the first two.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

That's a hard one. I can't really pick out one thing I dislike about it. Halo 3 is pretty much gaming perfection.

sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts

i was expecting a huge mankind vs covenant battle at the end... what do i get? *spoilers*

Flood.... lots and lots of Flood... but a pretty darn awesome ending sequence with the warthog!

cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
That's another thing I'm upset about. Still, no custom matchmaking. On every other XBL game there is, you can pick what settings you wish for the game to have, or at least some of the settings and it will match you up with others looking for those same or close settings. Not with Halo 2 or 3, you just hope for the best. But, in a way I sorta liked that way in Halo 2 because it made you practice harder on all the maps, so you knew them inside and out and were about the same skill wise on every map and not just stand out on a certain one, like so many people did.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
The absence of even basic scenery interaction was a major flaw for me. This is 2007. Otherwise,it just doesn't feel right complaining about a great game like Halo 3.