What Destiny should have been at launch....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xShadeKnightx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xShadeKnightx
Member since 2015 • 14 Posts

I'm reading comments on different websites and different posts on Destiny....And all end the same way, and you know what.. I totally get the frustration. Yup destiny player here.

Before the "next-gen" consoles came out, bungie gave us a glimps of "what the world of destiny had to offer us" they soothed us with promises which we as the player didn't even see a glimpse of what they foretold us before launch.

I'm not gonna talk what is bad or broken about the game, but moreof I'm gonna list a whole bunch of things that were NOT included (altough highly assuming these are cut down into dlc's throughout the upcoming 10 years). But maybe a few changes should have been there for us so that we were satisfied enough with what we got for the money that we had spent, at least for the core game and first 2 dlc's....

1. Proper storytelling and introduction

I began the game with being revived after like what? A thousand years by the traveler since I was one of the chosen ones. So I thought that just like in every other game I would get a proper introduction about, the race I chose. Who or what is the traveler? Who makes those little ghosts? Where do the Awoken and Exo's come from? Why are we all on earth? How did the people on earth die (the place you get revived seems like there was judgement day and some nuke blew everything to bits)? Who is that rebel exo that approaches you in 2 or 3 cutscenes and dissapears? Who is the prophet which listends to the voice of the traveler like he's some kind of god-like object and why are the fallen and hive attacking the traveler, and why do we need to defend the traveler from it? Did the traveler piss the fallen and hive of somewhere in history with some action the traveler did? Or are they just attacking the traveler and earth for no reason at all?

Why are the other races fighting between eachother on Mars like the Vex and Cabal? Why isn't the Cabal race just nuking Venus where the core of the Vex is or vice versa (same goes for fallen and hive)?!?! Or why isn't any race nuking the traveler from within the orbit? It's there just floating fully exposed and waiting to just be nuked at any moment....it's not logical and it's plainly stupid

Factions...What are factions?When going to the tower, you get introduced to the different factions which you could choose from and represent while waging war against aliens that threaten earth and the traveler. But other than gaining points for your faction for some generic non-so-interesting legendary weapons and armory its totally useless.

(later below detailed thoughts about this matter.)

2. Factions

Some things which just had to be there at launch in my opinion are the following.

• Faction storylines:(it didn't have to be much, but a 5/6 quests per faction just to get to know your faction background info. Such as who are the (co-)founders of your faction, motives and ambitions of the faction you are representing. And are they awesome legendary soldiers which you could eventually get one of their gear pieces or something?)
  • Faction wars: (A system that you pick 1 faction for the upcoming month, and for that entire month you battle in pvp and pve earning points for your faction which lifts that faction up in ranking. When at the end of the month being the number 1 faction gaining acces to unique gear or cosmetics solely bound to the different factions)
  • Faction guildhouses or social areas:(Be honest, when representing a faction or guild or legion in other games, you want to show the other guilds that your faction is the most awesome one with uniquely designed banners or faction class items by the faction leader or something like that)

3. Different gamemodes also non-shooting ones.

• Sparrow racing
  • Space-battles with your spaceships
  • PVP Battle royale with no limits on how many exotics you could wear, so you could make your own set of gear-combo
  • Vehicle warfare with only spikes and/or tanks, sparrows
  • Grimoire card game, we have a shitload of those somewhere gathered on the bungie website. Why not adding card stats and make a mini-card game of it, hell you could even apply it to getting cards through looting treasure chests which would make it very interesting and fun instead of the constant generic material loot.

4. Larger exploring content on planets and more lively cities with more than 2 social spots like the Tower and Reef

• More social spots on each planet and not only on earth or the reef.
  • More lively breathing environment with big capital cities and non-aggressive people/race npc's so that you don't feel like your in the tower with only 15 people while you know there are millions of players playing on the entire globe.
  • More explorable zones on the planets instead of the ini-mini zones you fly through with your sparrow in less than 20 min. Dude your on a HUGE planet and 20 min flying through isn't giving me a feeling like I had while exploring Skyrim or the Witcher 3 landscapes.

5. Fun and convienent things I would have like to see more or at least at the launch of game or first 2 dlc's

• Trading items between players (or at least friends)
  • Auctionhouse
  • Grimoire Lore collection book in-game
  • Teleports in social zone's
  • Adding more value and functionality for the currency used in-game (Glimmer)
  • Mini games on loading screen or venturing the inside of your ship while on auto-pilot whatever.
  • Crafting gear
  • Remoddeling your gear cosmetics. For instance you have a exotic weapon but you'd like to try a different cosmetic model from a weapon you do like and the same goes for armor. This would make you connect more with your own unique character and so you would also stand out in the crowd of players by showing your awesome chararcter.

So this was about it, if I would be brainstorming more about it, I could probably pop up more at screen but to be honest. If I can think about these things, the the devs at bungie already thought of it a looong time ago. But decided to only give us the crumbles of the big piece of cookie we got promised by them but never received at launch or early game after 2 dlc's. This lead to a huge dissapointment after launch.

Altough probably these things will eventually get in game after a ton of dlc's and expansions. Is this really the way to go with future triple A games on launch? With so little content at start, and all companies go with a "10 year plan" ?

Tell me if i'm totally wrong though...I just think that you should buy this game in about 3 to 5 years later if you want to have a huge chunk of content to be played with more refined storylines and more playable gamemodes.

Place a comment if you have other ideas that just had to be included in the vanilla destiny and 2 dlc's to have kept the satisfaction high enough for the destiny players.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

good ideas. There is actually a fair bit of lore if you read all of the grimoire stuff, but it's so annoying that they felt it was more important to troll for site hits (getting you to go online to access that lore) rather than just including relevant story data in the game. I mean, there is actually a story around these raids, but you wouldn't know it by playing them. The factions also have agendas.

Overall, Destiny could have improved itself dramatically just by referencing what other MMOs have done and are doing. Basically the game is Bungie learning how to make an MMO at our expense. That's why I gave up on it. Call me when you guys figure it out, because I can't waste any more time or money on a game that wants to reintroduce problems that were solved years ago.

The biggest thing I wanted to see what the sort of meta-story aspect of Guild Wars 2. Instead of just having disconnected dynamic events, have them all them all linked to an overarching storyline. One example from GW2 was the Fort Selma area where the local town is being plagued by Centaurs. Events move in a chain based on player successes or failures, so you have battles to secure a bridge, taking down a fort and eventually storming the centaur compound, which culminates in an epic boss battle requiring large numbers of players. But if you lose, you could find yourselves pushed all the way back to the town, manning its defenses and fighting centaur in the streets. Something like that really would have brought Destiny patrols to life.

Mostly, though, Destiny just needs more of everything. It's a small game for its genre and gets old far too quickly.

xShadeKnightx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xShadeKnightx

@Ish_basic: Exactly, just as you mentioned this concept is nothing new, altough they aren't labeling Destiny as a full fledged MMO it certainly does have MMO elements in game.

But even that was/is not the main problem. The aggrovation they created was the fact that they mislead millions of by telling the community "You can do this, you can do that, everything is immensly big and huge and you will have huge amount of content to be explored and done at game release". So most of the people that bought the game were just like me and like "Hell yess! The game i've been waiting for and I can't wait to put my hours en effort in all the variety of things we can do!". But after 2/3 weeks of playing religiously we found out that it was more of grind and farming the same things day-in day-out.

My conceirn was that the game indeed went repetitive and thus got old real quick, since everyone lost their interest real fast and this right after launch!!!

Even till this day 1 year afterwards it has a bitter taste to it, because we had such high hopes for the game, something we as gamers would want to explore this universe and do all kinds of epic memorable things. And here we are still grinding the hell out of it, doing the same things. There is litteraly nothing I could tell a non-destiny player like "you should get this game because you have extremely epic boss battles and cinematics or awesome gamemodes which are interesting to do in game!"

It just really pains me to let this game go, because I can see the potential of this game it's right in front of our eyes! We can litterly think of a thousand ways that this game should have been more interesting and more fun and had in-depth game concept.

But deciding to chop the entire game in dlc's ah men that was a huge slap in the face. I think I'll drop the game and get my hopes up for Star Wars Battlefrond (crosses fingers that Dice & EA won't mess that up either). I'm looking forward to "Destiny 2" maybe then the mistakes made now, won't be done with the second try with this genre.

Or maybe I'm even willing to pay for a dlc if its like a bundle where you get a number of dlc's and 1/2 large expansions but for the same price as for 1 expansion right now. Kind of like a world of warcraft method of buying dlc's and expansions in bundled packs for a fair price.

xShadeKnightx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xShadeKnightx
Loading Video...

This video of user AngryJoe explaines why everyone is so aggitated by the game....