What are some ideas/topics for an article on video games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UsefulTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UsefulTool
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
*I posted this in the wrong forum a little while ago like a NOOB, ha-ha. I've been redirected to this forum.* Last time I was on this site I was younger and trolling a lot under a different username. I guess I grew up a little... maybe. Anyways, what are some ideas/topics for an article on video games? We all know violence, sexuality, among some others. But, what am I missing to write down here? If you have anything you would like to add to the list, feel free. It's really just a list of trigger words/phrases or anything that could be found within gaming and get the mind thinking. gender roles combat and weapons (melee, guns, swords, magic, etc.) dominating behavior (such as teabagging) sexual orientation robots zombies system wars super heroes violent video games realism aliens western vs. eastern lingo within gaming kill streaks, awards for kills, or anything like it subjectivity addiction to games annual releases narrative and freedom of choice easter eggs linear vs. open world microtransations
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
"Where is Kingdom Hearts 3?"
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="UsefulTool"]*I posted this in the wrong forum a little while ago like a NOOB, ha-ha. I've been redirected to this forum.* Last time I was on this site I was younger and trolling a lot under a different username. I guess I grew up a little... maybe. Anyways, what are some ideas/topics for an article on video games? We all know violence, sexuality, among some others. But, what am I missing to write down here? If you have anything you would like to add to the list, feel free. It's really just a list of trigger words/phrases or anything that could be found within gaming and get the mind thinking. gender roles combat and weapons (melee, guns, swords, magic, etc.) dominating behavior (such as teabagging) sexual orientation robots zombies system wars super heroes violent video games realism aliens western vs. eastern lingo within gaming kill streaks, awards for kills, or anything like it subjectivity addiction to games annual releases narrative and freedom of choice easter eggs linear vs. open world microtransations

That's all fine and well, but something is bothering me. Why do you want to write an article on videogames when you don't have any idea what you want to say? Of course, I'm assuming that YOU are planning on writing an article about videogames, and you're looking for suggestions on a specific topic. If that's correct, why even ask this in the first place? You've already listed lots of $***, just pick something that interests you and run with it.
UsefulTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UsefulTool
"Where is Kingdom Hearts 3?"BranKetra
That's not exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, but I'm putting down 'missing sequels' as a topic thanks to your post.
UsefulTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UsefulTool
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"] That's all fine and well, but something is bothering me. Why do you want to write an article on videogames when you don't have any idea what you want to say? Of course, I'm assuming that YOU are planning on writing an article about videogames, and you're looking for suggestions on a specific topic. If that's correct, why even ask this in the first place? You've already listed lots of $***, just pick something that interests you and run with it.

I plan on researching the topic and want to make sure I have several areas to check, trying not to limit myself as to how many ideas there are out there. You may be right, but I plan on approaching it this way :-)
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="UsefulTool"] I plan on researching the topic and want to make sure I have several areas to check, trying not to limit myself as to how many ideas there are out there. You may be right, but I plan on approaching it this way :-)

Sorry, but you're gonna have to limit yourself if you're just writing an article.
UsefulTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UsefulTool
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="UsefulTool"] I plan on researching the topic and want to make sure I have several areas to check, trying not to limit myself as to how many ideas there are out there. You may be right, but I plan on approaching it this way :-)

Sorry, but you're gonna have to limit yourself if you're just writing an article.

Okay, but I can always come back here for more article ideas from mah gamers! :D I do appreciate the advice, good ol' tough love.
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

How game developers are forgetting the difference between a game and a movie.

gamingcamel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamingcamel
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
How about... video game trading - Gamestop vs newer online trading sites next gen stuff - how it will impact Gamestop removing discs - more of a steam approach and the impact on the industry. Whether it would help or hurt in short term and long term. Don't go the violence route. It's so overplayed now a days.