Watch Dogs Final Version Dumbed Down (Comparison)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

As Expected from UBISOFT , it seems like they have dumbed down Watch Dogs before release just like Far Cry 3 .

Sony also confirmed that trailer was running on PS4 . Hopefully PC version will still be like initial 2012 demo (which was running on high end PC) .

Comparison

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Yeah I guess they needed the resources on other aspects instead of graphics

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Why Ubisoft?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

As Expected from UBISOFT , it seems like they have dumbed down Watch Dogs before release just like Far Cry 3 .

Sony also confirmed that trailer was running on PS4 . Hopefully PC version will still be like initial 2012 demo (which was running on high end PC) .

Comparison

Well, lets see how it looks when it comes out and it gets to run on a proper machine.

But those pictures can't be anything but ps3 and xbox360 versions or possible wiiu shots, if those are pc shots it looks like crap and i dont believe any company would release that when they clearly know how to release a proper game as we see in Black Flag.

Also that site is a fansite so i would be careful trusting them.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#6 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

So incredibly typical... this is like bioshock infinite all over again, but infinite still was a good game i guess

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Well , I saw a gameplay video of it right here on Gamespot....and I noticed a whole lot of pop-in.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Meh lost all interest in the game after the delay anyways

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Graphics look shiat.

Jared_Bodner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By Jared_Bodner
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

A lot of the effects (how the explosions and smoke look) aren't a big deal to me but the normal things like wind effects and people on the street are... that kinda stuff is what's really realistic, keeps what's on screen from getting boring when you're not fighting. Plus if there's less people on the street then that messes up the hacking gameplay a lot... Isn't a lot of this game supposed to be going around stealing data from people on your way to your mission objective?

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i buy the ps4 version

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

this is going to read a lot harsher than I mean it, but, oh well :)

so, I see the op talking about "dumbed-down" and all i'm reading is about graphics, framerate, pop-ins and aspects that have nothing to do with a games' gameplay being dumbed-down?

as well, you don't need lots of "resources" to create a non-simplistic and boring game. you need brain power and innovation.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

The game's visuals were downgraded. The game wasn't dumbed down. Please fix the thread title TC.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

@dvader654 said:

Its a major downgrade. Such a shame to see. The first reveal was all a lie, will this gen ever look that good?

Yes, in a more linear setpiece-driven game with Uncharted levels of production values. Probably not with an open-world game, though.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@1PMrFister: Infamous says hi. In fairness, the Infamous team is making an SP only game for one platform, while the Watchdogs team is making a crossgen game across six platforms with SP and MP.

Avatar image for deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts

Wow, I am really surprised they couldn't sustain the graphics. I mean, there are better looking multiplatform games out there like The Division and The Witcher 3 (assuming they don't also downgrade) so why couldn't they keep the visuals up.

Mikz_Nyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mikz_Nyc
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm surprised that people are getting surprised by this,in which case i'm not at all,everybody should know by now it was delayed in the first place because GTA V was coming out,it's common sense the game wouldn't sell that good. Best game in GTA series vs new game that nobody has an actual clue how to play? Verdict : GTA V 100% all the way

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#21 SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

The thing is,there is no rain in the new footage so there isn't any reflections on the environment. I really can't tell any other differences in the fidelity except some changes on the bridge.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@SteXmaN said:

The thing is,there is no rain in the new footage so there isn't any reflections on the environment. I really can't tell any other differences in the fidelity except some changes on the bridge.

How about the car itself? It looks positively last gen, hell, it could pass for a car from Midnight Club 2: DUB Edition on the OG Xbox.

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23  Edited By SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

Different camera,no reflections on it and the heli light is casted from different angle .

Again the comparison is unfair from the start bc that is PC footage there,that was showcased with two gtx680 so some effects are dumbed down for PS4 version .

So lets wait and see how the PC version looks with max settings and then we can compare it with that e3 reveal.

Game looks great even on PS4 btw

http://www.pcgames.de/Watch-Dogs-PS4-256954/Videos/Watch-Dogs-Brandneue-Gameplay-Szenen-im-Angespielt-Video-1112349/

edit:Car looks perfectly fine to me in this footage :D

slickr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 slickr
Member since 2005 • 2279 Posts

Definitely worse graphics look then 2 years ago. The console graphics obviously suck, I just hope the PC version still has the same old graphics.

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#25 Sefrix
Member since 2011 • 1499 Posts

The smaller amount of people is the largest letdown IMO. The single best option I've seen for PC was Sleeping Dog's option for the world population. Having more cars and people in the city sell the feel of the city. It's too bad the consoles don't seem to be able to handle it quite yet. I'm sure if last gen was dropped, the engine could probably do it.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#26 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

It's great how Ubisoft tried to clear any doubt about the quality of the product and said "The PS4 version looks exactly like the 2013 E3 demo".

Too bad we wanted the 2012 E3 demo.

Holy hell we've been waiting for this game for two years and it looks nothing like that game now. Wow.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Since when has dumbing down had anything to do with worse graphics....ate you trying to tell us worse graphics =worse gameplay???

Now that's dumb.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Believe it or not this is the first time I've seen the original WD footage in high quality. When it was initially revealed the stream I was watching it on scaled back to a really low resolution to keep up. I had no idea it looked that good because I went on a media black-out after that.