Undertale Review Controversy - How could this game earn a 9 in a professional Gamespot review?

• 57 results
Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@superflyzero said:
@ianhh6 said:
@superflyzero said:

Not by a long shot. GS lost a ton of traffic and credibility after that absurdity.

Do you have any proof to back up that claim?

My proof is... *drum roll* .... ... that I'm just messin' with you guys. :D

Ahh well you got me then xd

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#52 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

i seen high scores on this game. so i did play it and i quit after a couple hours. Its not fun and looks terrible, the storyline is childish and sounds like its written by a nitwit. A game this bad i normally would have quit much sooner but i had to give it a chance and there is nothing here that is good. Even if this was 30 years in the past, i still don't think this game would be worth playing. maybe its a big joke on everyone in the end and everyone is giving this game high scores to see how many people will blindly go along with it despite it being a bad game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Play what you want and be happy. Why would you let the scores of some games get in the way of your enjoyment?

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts
@Yams1980 said:

i seen high scores on this game. so i did play it and i quit after a couple hours. [...] maybe its a big joke on everyone in the end and everyone is giving this game high scores to see how many people will blindly go along with it despite it being a bad game.

Why would you blindly go along with scores in the first place...?

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Haven't read a single review of Undertale (seen it talked about a whole lot though).

All I know is that I did have fun with it. I do think there were some really nicely designed aspects of the game, and the music was breddy good.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

This whole thing here, the reason I think the entire scoring system ought to be dropped.

"Oh it got a higher score then other games I liked, It's an outrage!" Or " Oh it got a low score even though I think it deserves higher, It's an outrage!"

And then people get pissed off, bicker and look at it as a "Controversial" thing when in reality it's simply a number slapped on. There's no system to the scoring across the board, it's not standardized. Some use the "One to Ten" others use the "One to Six" on a dice and some use from "one to a hundred", Thus rendering the whole scoring essentially pointless.

If a reviewer like a game then they should explain why in the review and similar why they dislike it, which they normally do and frankly I think it's just lazyness that has people simply scroll down and look at scores rather then the reasons. Remove the scores and they'll need to see the reasons.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

In a nutshell: New youtube era "gamers" are whiny kids.