Uncharted Trophies available now!

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chrono3577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 chrono3577
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
If i already have the already done things like collect one treasure do i get the trophies automatically with this?
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#52 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

If i already have the already done things like collect one treasure do i get the trophies automatically with this?chrono3577

No.

And man, Crushing hurts, and I just finished chapter 3. I am NOT looking forward to the notorious rooms of the game.

argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 argianas

I have my first platinum trophy, woooo!

I got all but two trophies on my crushing run, then I went back and got those two quickly on chapter 4. Not hard at all.

dvader654

Yup, I knew it wouldn't last long! I'm still getting my feet wet on Crushing. I'm at the first road block, the real sink or swim moment - that first ruin in chapter 4 where there's about five or six per wave. Bit of a learning curve...

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts
[QUOTE="argianas"][QUOTE="dvader654"]

I have my first platinum trophy, woooo!

I got all but two trophies on my crushing run, then I went back and got those two quickly on chapter 4. Not hard at all.

dvader654

Yup, I knew it wouldn't last long! I'm still getting my feet wet on Crushing. I'm at the first road block, the real sink or swim moment - that first ruin in chapter 4 where there's about five or six per wave. Bit of a learning curve...

That is one of the hardest areas in the whole game on crushing. There are a few more along the way, makes you want to pull your hair out.

there's one area where Drake's plane crashed. I swear to god there were like 8-10 waves of enemies. This game needed a sniper rifle more than anything.

argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 argianas
Yeah vader, I find it odd how some of the earlier encounters are some of the tougher ones, and it's not just due to the learning curve either. I would have thought that they would have made them in later chapters, but it seems that once you're up the river the really hard stuff is done.

Basically, it's the same areas I had a lot of trouble with on normal, and took me a few attempts on hard.

*Possible spoilers*

The plane crash site

The underground area with the four pillars and shin-deep water at the end of chapter 5 (though I hear you can force the spawns early, which helps a lot).

There's this one spot in chapter 6 I believe, a relatively simple fight in a small courtyard, but once you go up the stairs three enemies spawn on the opposite walkway, spread out so that you have no truly safe cover. Most don't mention this part, but it was a tad of a headache for me.

Customs house, no doubt.

I always had a little bit of trouble at the end of chapter 19, when the descendants are fighting the mercenaries near the boxes and there's a sniper overhead. Kill too many soldiers, and they don't kill the descendants and you can get overwhelmed, etc.

Some have mentioned the fights with Sully, but I didn't find them that bad once you recognize the spawns from behind. The four snipers and the grenade launcher guy in the church is easy thanks to the full sniper rifle right at the first safe point.

*End spoilers*

By the way, are snipers quicker in Crushing? If not, they'er probably the least dangerous enemies in the game, ironically enough, considering a dude with a handgun can put me near death instantly after I peek out from cover.

And solid, there are sniper rifles, but they're limited (only ground spawns, never dropped) and late in the game. However, I found that the Wes and Desert Eagle are just as effective, being one-hit kills at short and medium range.

(Sorry for the lack of using the spoiler tag, but the bug YET AGAIN wouldn't let me use them. Well-formed HTML my ass.)

argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 argianas

Sniper guys are still slow as hell, they are no real issue.

You pretty much nailed all the hard points. The underground area had me going nuts. In chapter 19, I jumped on the boxes, sniped the sniper then ran as fast as I could toward the exit, just avoid it. BTW this is a perfect place to get the 5 kills with one grenade trophy.

dvader654

Three kills with a grenade, and I have everything taken care of but the Crushing win so it's all about survival now.

Didn't really think about running; I guess you're right. Just get in the tunnel and you're home free, now that I think about it. Granted in hard I had a treasure to worry about. Are the, uh, let's call them melee enemies, do they kill you in one hit? I remember two slashes being all it took to kill me in hard. I'm concerned because it wasn't uncommon for them to sneak hits in on me, thanks lack of lighting.

argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 argianas
Oh wow, beat the water room on Crushing on my third attempt. Honestly, once you know where/when enemies spawn, it's perhaps one of the easier encounters in the fort. Two of the other three major fights in the chapter gave me more issues. Honestly, there's two encounters in the next chapter that I'm guessing might be more difficult...