The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I've been debating with myself lately in if i should buy all the consoles or even just buy another one to sit there with my PS4. The only real reason i would do it would be for the exclusives, but there would be games i would not afford otherwise though with me just having one.

With me being a student, and a Wii U costing 550 and X1 coming in september at 700 bucks. It is still a lot of money and a lot of games i wouldn't be to afford. But i would be able to buy the exclusives on them. It's probably a question most (not all) are asking themselves aswell. I actually want to buy the other consoles because i would like to have them all, but i would also like the focus of one console and being able to explore all of the games on it.

Does anyone feel the same about this or is it just me?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'm probably in the minority, but I personally don't like owning more than 1 console, for the reason you mentioned... I'd rather spend that money on buying more games.

Having said that, it is extremely hard sometimes when I see the exclusives on the other consoles (I'd love to be able to play the Halos again on XB1 and Zelda on Wi U).

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Last_Ride

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I personally don't like owning more than 1 console, for the reason you mentioned... I'd rather spend that money on buying more games.

Having said that, it is extremely hard sometimes when I see the exclusives on the other consoles (I'd love to be able to play the Halos again on XB1 and Zelda on Wi U).

I have that issue with Forza, i am a big racing nut. But i don't want to spread my resources too thin to several consoles

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I stick with one since I don't have money to burn nor the time to play everything. Sony rarely disappoints when it comes to exclusives. To each his own though.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

I've been debating with myself lately in if i should buy all the consoles or even just buy another one to sit there with my PS4. The only real reason i would do it would be for the exclusives, but there would be games i would not afford otherwise though with me just having one.

With me being a student, and a Wii U costing 550 and X1 coming in september at 700 bucks. It is still a lot of money and a lot of games i wouldn't be to afford. But i would be able to buy the exclusives on them. It's probably a question most (not all) are asking themselves aswell. I actually want to buy the other consoles because i would like to have them all, but i would also like the focus of one console and being able to explore all of the games on it.

Hmm, as a student myself i get the economic aspect and just sticking with one, after all it's not that many exclusives that doesn't one day come on PC and it's only really Sony and Nintendo which have exclusives you know will or most likely never end up on pc, so right now if i had to make a choice i would definitely just stick with one console and the pc (which pretty much covers the microsoft releases), but with that said i am a gamer and each console brings something different to the table and with my student job and the fact that i don't touch any form for alcohol, don't smoke or have a need to go to parties or go out on the town, i save enough to allow me other things, like a nice car, a nice home, and all the consoles.

So if i could come with a advice i would say 1 and a pc is more than enough. But if your like me love to game all kinds of games, you need to get them all and probably also have a PSP, VIta, 3ds, gameboy.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Even though it costs a fortune, I prefer having all the consoles to experience a wider array of games. There are enough exclusives on each console that interest me to buy all of them. I generally buy all my multi-plats on the PS3/PS4 though.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

You should get at least one console and a PC. You get the best of both world until a "PC all you need" gamers comes to your home. (at least he is not as bad as the "Why are you playing the FPS with a controller on the PC?")

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jacanuk

@wiouds said:

You should get at least one console and a PC. You get the best of both world until a "PC all you need" gamers comes to your home. (at least he is not as bad as the "Why are you playing the FPS with a controller on the PC?")

ok, let me be the first to ask why do you play a FPS on pc with a controller? i get on a console but on a pc, is it for the autoaim?

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wiouds

@Jacanuk said:

@wiouds said:

ok, let me be the first to ask why do you play a FPS on pc with a controller? i get on a console but on a pc, is it for the autoaim?

Autoaim...Autoaim...that function that turns head shots into chest shot...I hate how I need to turn that off for each FPS I play. I can put up with that extra step instead of the worthless controls from that you need from the mouse and keyboard or the mouse and controller movement. I hate using the mouse in FPS. I do not care about how much more accurate it is for you. Image a soldier moon walking up stairs well I do that all the time with a mouse in a FPS. I hate how I need to keep lifting up the mouse to turn one way.

Then there is the keyboard. The one thing that should be removed from all FPS!

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Where the hell do you live?

I buy both Microsoft and Sony consoles so I dont miss out on either systems exclusives. I dont bother with Nintendo because, to me (And it's MY opinion for a reason), the consoles are a waste of money because it only ends up being 1 or 2 games that I actually want.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#10 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

If you can comfortably buy all 3 consoles, you should do it; it's all about the games, after all

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11  Edited By torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

Its easy really,if you are filthy rich then go ahead and buy as many consoles you can! if you are not so rich then simply buy/build a gaming PC... buying a next gen console is silly because they have no games!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jacanuk

@wiouds said:

@Jacanuk said:

@wiouds said:

Autoaim...Autoaim...that function that turns head shots into chest shot...I hate how I need to turn that off for each FPS I play. I can put up with that extra step instead of the worthless controls from that you need from the mouse and keyboard or the mouse and controller movement. I hate using the mouse in FPS. I do not care about how much more accurate it is for you. Image a soldier moon walking up stairs well I do that all the time with a mouse in a FPS. I hate how I need to keep lifting up the mouse to turn one way.

Ahh ok its simply a matter of taste.

How do you do against K&M players? or is just single player fps you play?

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@wiouds said:

@Jacanuk said:

@wiouds said:

It so weird playing games having to press W to walk Q to run while using the mouse to aim when you can just hold a controller. You can't alone in playing like that since they allow you to use a controller for some PC games instead of a mouse and keyboard.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#14 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

PC - For Multiplatform / exclusives as games are better priced and perform/play better
One console - For exclusives
One Handheld device - Simply because they have some genres I love to play on them

This has always been my standard. But I broke that last gen with a 360 (that I play mostly sports/leisure games on and my GF and I wanted Dance Central) and got a Wii for Nintendo games.

From the looks of this gen, It doesnt look like I'll need more than one console. A Gaming PC and a Wii-U seems to cover majority of things so far. I own a 3DS as well, but dont buy as many games on it compared to the original DS.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

for the moment i have PS3 PS4 XBOX 360

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Buy'em all!

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 amalager
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

It seems like you have the money to get a number of consoles and their games but sooner or later you'll find yourself trying hard to manage the time you spend on those games. Something like: "So many games to play, so little time."

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

You know whats funny ? Even rich people have this delema.... The way this industry is set up is Extremely inconvenient !

So you're going to have to give this alot of thought...

In Microsoft's case the Xbox games might come to Windows so you can get a PC and skip the Xbox..... The Playstation Exclusives are all about Cinematic flair, don't get me wrong they have great narratives.... But so do books and TV, so if you care about actual substance and gameplay you can skip that too.

So all in all you just need a PC for Indies and Multiplats and some decent high budget exclusive and a Nintendo Wii U for everything else ! :p assuming you like gameplay as much as I do ofcourse. ;)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I like to get all the consoles during any particular generation, not all at once though but eventually down the road which can be cheaper. I like to do this not only for the exclusives but also to choose which version I want to pick up multiplats on.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

You know whats funny ? Even rich people have this delema.... The way this industry is set up is Extremely inconvenient !

So you're going to have to give this alot of thought...

In Microsoft's case the Xbox games might come to Windows so you can get a PC and skip the Xbox..... The Playstation Exclusives are all about Cinematic flair, don't get me wrong they have great narratives.... But so do books and TV, so if you care about actual substance and gameplay you can skip that too.

So all in all you just need a PC for Indies and Multiplats and some decent high budget exclusive and a Nintendo Wii U for everything else ! :p assuming you like gameplay as much as I do ofcourse. ;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu

Meanwhile in other smarter mediums people are free to choose whatever TVs and Blu-Ray Players and Steroes and Mobile devices they want knowing full well they will have access to Everything they want all in a single device at fair prices.... !

If you like the idea of Exclusives.... You're a complete moron !

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'd hate to only own one current system. It would be so limiting and you'd miss out on so much. The only reason I see anyone doing that is if they just don't like many games and are very casual, or they only have a few hours a week to play.

Personally I am going to own them all because they all offer something to people who enjoy gaming.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@Bigboi500

Or maybe we just don't like the Idea of owning 4 devices that do the samething..... Only the video game industry is like this.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Well last generation I owned all the systems (PSP, DS, 360, PS3 and Wii) and the generation before that I had the majority of them as well (GC, PS2, Xbox, and GBA). I've given the Xbox brand a chance twice (almost a decade); I don't think I'll be purchasing an Xbox One for various reasons. The lack of permanent exclusives is a really big issue. While some of the games that I enjoyed remained exclusives -- Otogi, Voodoo Vince, JSRF, Crimson Skies, Conker (for the original Xbox), Crackdown, Gears, Kameo, Lost Odyssey, and Viva Pinata (for the 360) -- those are only a handful. Most of them were ported to PS3 or PC later in the generation which makes the decision to buy the Xbox brand lose it's importance when you have other systems that can play all but 5 games I want to play on the shelf. These franchises have almost been entirely thrown to the curb. Microsoft isn't interested in most of them, and the few that they are interested in continuing are ones I've grown tiresome or skeptical after a game in the franchise, e.g. Crackdown and Gears. Xbox brands hardware problems are also notable, my original Xbox had some pretty serious performance issues, freezing and crashing all the time. The Xbox 360 had RROD which while not personally happening to me, possibly due to under use, happened to many friends.

So at the moment, I've decided to drop the xbox brand. As of right now Microsoft's brand was the least played for two console generations, and in a world where PC gaming is on the rise, the Xbox One would probably see even less playtime.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Hmm, as a student myself i get the economic aspect and just sticking with one, after all it's not that many exclusives that doesn't one day come on PC and it's only really Sony and Nintendo which have exclusives you know will or most likely never end up on pc, so right now if i had to make a choice i would definitely just stick with one console and the pc (which pretty much covers the microsoft releases), but with that said i am a gamer and each console brings something different to the table and with my student job and the fact that i don't touch any form for alcohol, don't smoke or have a need to go to parties or go out on the town, i save enough to allow me other things, like a nice car, a nice home, and all the consoles.

So if i could come with a advice i would say 1 and a pc is more than enough. But if your like me love to game all kinds of games, you need to get them all and probably also have a PSP, VIta, 3ds, gameboy.

I'm like you, and i rarely go out and buy beer or anything like that. Mostly because a beer costs 20 bucks here if you want to drink out on the town. But for me i just want to enjoy games, no matter the platform. Though i am not a big pc gamer atm. I would like to have as many games and consoles as possible, but time might also be a factor

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#26 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

If I had the money and time, I'd get all consoles. Sure, I might prefer multiplatform games on one console over the other, but there are still many exclusive games to every console that I want to play.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

all you need is a ps4

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Who has the time for multiple systems? :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Last_Ride

@harry_james_pot said:

apparantly a lot of people :P

marlobc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 marlobc
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts

Own one console , and if you want variety of games build yourself a PC . If you have lot of time to play you can go for all of them

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jacanuk

@harry_james_pot said:

Why wouldn´t you have time for multiple systems? a avg. game from start to finish is around 6-8hours. so if you just play 1 hour a day you will finish most in a week. And with 52 weeks thats 52 games and there are not even half that of good AAA games a year. And if you dont watch tv or movies there are more than enough time.

robdacool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By robdacool
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

I personally only own a PS4, my wife has a gaming PC, PS4 & Wii U. We talked briefly about getting an XboxOne but couldn't come up with a reason to purchase one.

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 harry_james_pot  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride said:

@harry_james_pot said:

I bet the PC isn't one of those multiple systems. :P Or maybe a PC + one console for it's exclusives could work as well..

@Jacanuk said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Why wouldn´t you have time for multiple systems? a avg. game from start to finish is around 6-8hours. so if you just play 1 hour a day you will finish most in a week. And with 52 weeks thats 52 games and there are not even half that of good AAA games a year.

1. The average game time is certainly not 6-8. Bioshock Infinite is 15+ hours, Far Cry 3 is 25+, Watch Dogs is 30, AC 4 is 35, Tomb Raider is around 20. Not to mention RPGs which usually take over 50 hours.. Or Simulation, strategy, and city building games that take forever.

2. Who cares about AAA? If you stick only with AAA games then you're missing out on a huge amount of brilliant games that are out there.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Minishdriveby

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I'm like you, and i rarely go out and buy beer or anything like that. Mostly because a beer costs 20 bucks here if you want to drink out on the town. But for me i just want to enjoy games, no matter the platform. Though i am not a big pc gamer atm. I would like to have as many games and consoles as possible, but time might also be a factor

Time is definitely the biggest factor. My backlog just keeps piling up. Working two jobs, going to school, having a relationship, and trying to set a couple hours aside can be really rough.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Minishdriveby

@Jacanuk said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Why wouldn´t you have time for multiple systems? a avg. game from start to finish is around 6-8hours. so if you just play 1 hour a day you will finish most in a week. And with 52 weeks thats 52 games and there are not even half that of good AAA games a year. And if you dont watch tv or movies there are more than enough time.

It can be a problem if you have other duties to attend to and don't have time to squeeze an hour of video games everyday.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jacanuk

@harry_james_pot said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@harry_james_pot said:

I bet the PC isn't one of those multiple systems. :P Or maybe a PC + one console for it's exclusives could work as well..

@Jacanuk said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Why wouldn´t you have time for multiple systems? a avg. game from start to finish is around 6-8hours. so if you just play 1 hour a day you will finish most in a week. And with 52 weeks thats 52 games and there are not even half that of good AAA games a year.

1. The average game time is certainly not 6-8. Bioshock Infinite is 15+ hours, Far Cry 3 is 25+, Watch Dogs is 30, AC 4 is 35, Tomb Raider is around 20. Not to mention RPGs which usually take over 50 hours.. Or Simulation, strategy, and city building games that take forever.

2. Who cares about AAA? If you stick only with AAA games then you're missing out on a huge amount of brilliant games that are out there.

1: Bioshock Infinite is around 8 hours if you go through it without to much casual exploring - Watch Dogs is 10 hours if you have a few retries and don't care much for the pointless side missions - Tomb Raider is the shortest and can be finished in around 6½-7½ hours and honestly if you spent more than that you must really love the game. FarCry 3 is around 8-10 hours depending on retries and how quick you do the missions. Batman was 6-7 hours, Remember me was around 5hours. Black Flag is not 35 hours even if you do a bit of side stuff its no more than 10-15hours.

Also the games you mention has many ways to play them so it all depends on how much you care for the side missions, in most of them its pretty pointless though unless you're an achievement w.....e and wants 100% so its not wrong to say a avg. game is 6-8hours but lets say 8-10 which is still not a lot since its not everyone who plays all AAA games.

Most Indie games are even shorter so thats even less of a point to not having time for more than one console. Also they are mostly games for people who have the need to play something over and over again.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk

@Minishdriveby said:

@Jacanuk said:

@harry_james_pot said:

It can be a problem if you have other duties to attend to and don't have time to squeeze an hour of video games everyday.

Indeed , it all depends on your own priorities but in the end if you watch 1h of tv and most people do that you could change that for 1h of gaming :)

But i feel for the people who have days where all you do is work, eat, sleep

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

It was never an option for me in the past or even now to own multiple consoles for the same generation. I had a PS2 and a GameCube, but even then my PS2 was never fixed and could only play PS1 video games, I only own one PS2 video game for it once and it never worked correctly; I missed out on many video games for GameCube and could hardly ever get much as I was a kid. There were those who always posted about owning all three consoles for last generation, but it was never realistic for me and they post as if anyone could do it. I have interest in only the Wii U and the PS4; so Xbox One is a no go. I feel neither consoles are worth getting at this point, I feel I need to wait much longer into maybe mid 2015 and even then I will probably only get a PS4. I would not have the space to have the Wii U and PS4 out at the same time, nor enough money to be able to get much video games for either, after purchasing a Wii U and PS4.

Because Super Mario 3D World does not have online, I cannot see it ever being worth the purchase as I will never have anyone to play with locally for it; Nintendo felt it was not the primary focus, so they have allot to learn anyways and they screwed me as I will never be able to get the full experience and even then; the servers would not last forever. I feel the online for Mario Kart 8 will be bare bones and nothing special, so I cannot see myself paying so much altogether for everything I need for the Wii U, which be around $500 or more, just to have hardly anything worth while. So I will most likely get a PS4 in 2015 or 2016. I will never get a Xbox One as I do not support Microsoft's business decisions and how they want to have pay wall after pay wall and go on like it is okay to do stuff like that.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Last_Ride

@Minishdriveby said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Time is definitely the biggest factor. My backlog just keeps piling up. Working two jobs, going to school, having a relationship, and trying to set a couple hours aside can be really rough.

Yeah, i haven't had a chance to play games since school ended because of work. I have worked everyday for two weeks now, so no time for games for me

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 harry_james_pot  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@Jacanuk said:

@harry_james_pot said:

1: Bioshock Infinite is around 8 hours if you go through it without to much casual exploring - Watch Dogs is 10 hours if you have a few retries and don't care much for the pointless side missions - Tomb Raider is the shortest and can be finished in around 6½-7½ hours and honestly if you spent more than that you must really love the game. FarCry 3 is around 8-10 hours depending on retries and how quick you do the missions. Batman was 6-7 hours, Remember me was around 5hours. Black Flag is not 35 hours even if you do a bit of side stuff its no more than 10-15hours.

Also the games you mention has many ways to play them so it all depends on how much you care for the side missions, in most of them its pretty pointless though unless you're an achievement w.....e and wants 100% so its not wrong to say a avg. game is 6-8hours but lets say 8-10 which is still not a lot since its not everyone who plays all AAA games.

Most Indie games are even shorter so thats even less of a point to not having time for more than one console. Also they are mostly games for people who have the need to play something over and over again.

8 hours for Far Cry? 0_o Why on earth would you rush the game like that? When I buy a game I like to fully enjoy it with all its content, and the times I posted aren't even the ones required to get all the achievements and extras. I really feel bad for anyone who finished something like Bioshock Infinite in 8 hours, there was so much amazing stuff to find in that game.

And yes, indie games are short, but there is a LOT of them.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Last_Ride

@glitter said:

It was never an option for me in the past or even now to own multiple consoles for the same generation. I had a PS2 and a GameCube, but even then my PS2 was never fixed and could only play PS1 video games, I only own one PS2 video game for it once and it never worked correctly; I missed out on many video games for GameCube and could hardly ever get much as I was a kid. There were those who always posted about owning all three consoles for last generation, but it was never realistic for me and they post as if anyone could do it. I have interest in only the Wii U and the PS4; so Xbox One is a no go. I feel neither consoles are worth getting at this point, I feel I need to wait much longer into maybe mid 2015 and even then I will probably only get a PS4. I would not have the space to have the Wii U and PS4 out at the same time, nor enough money to be able to get much video games for either, after purchasing a Wii U and PS4.

Because Super Mario 3D World does not have online, I cannot see it ever being worth the purchase as I will never have anyone to play with locally for it; Nintendo felt it was not the primary focus, so they have allot to learn anyways and they screwed me as I will never be able to get the full experience and even then; the servers would not last forever. I feel the online for Mario Kart 8 will be bare bones and nothing special, so I cannot see myself paying so much altogether for everything I need for the Wii U, which be around $500 or more, just to have hardly anything worth while. So I will most likely get a PS4 in 2015 or 2016. I will never get a Xbox One as I do not support Microsoft's business decisions and how they want to have pay wall after pay wall and go on like it is okay to do stuff like that.

Yeah i didn't get the Wii last gen because i just felt there was nothing on it that appealed to me. But i feel it's the time to maybe get all three because of the different games that appeal to me. I'm into all types of games, so it's not like i only like shooters or something like that. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the N64 days. So it might just be time

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Minishdriveby

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah, i haven't had a chance to play games since school ended because of work. I have worked everyday for two weeks now, so no time for games for me

I basically worked every day from January to May [Between full days (8AM-4PM) of classes MTWR and the first job FSS (8 hours/day)]; I managed to get a week off in May, and then I started my second job the second week of May and have worked everyday up to this weekend where I finally got 4 days off from the 2nd job at the lab because everyone was heading to a convention that I couldn't go to because I had work on Saturday and Sunday.

It can be pretty rough. Keep it up though.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Last_Ride

@Minishdriveby: Yeah i haven't had time off in a year either, working each weekend and school during the weekdays. Not a lot of time to find for something enjoyable

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride: Ride just remember that you live in norway and you really dont have to work to live if you chose not to.

Thats the great thing in Norway you even get almost 3500$ the month you start to buy books and all.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wiouds

@Jacanuk said:

@wiouds said:

@Jacanuk said:

@wiouds said:

Ahh ok its simply a matter of taste.

How do you do against K&M players? or is just single player fps you play?

I do not like death match games that much, too repetitive for me. My aim is a bit worse when I use a mouse and keyboard. I relay on movement to help aim. I need to aim to the right I will need to tap the movement to the right.

If I must go against them then I will try one handing the controller and use the mouse but that have a number of problems with that.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride: Ride just remember that you live in norway and you really dont have to work to live if you chose not to.

Thats the great thing in Norway you even get almost 3500$ the month you start to buy books and all.

uhm, no i don't mate. I don't know anyone that get's that much. That's also more of a loan than just money. i have to work, i have an apartment costing me 1000 bucks a month and i only get 500 bucks each month. So i'm screwed if i don't work

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I'm like that too id rather just buy one console and save my money for games

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts

I've always been a one console person. It's been down to what my parents will let me have in the past but now it's a money issue as I am currently unemployed and doing an unpaid internship so if I do get a new console I most likely will only be able to afford one. Seeing as the games for the new consoles are pretty expensive too I would rather spend my money on games for my new console rather than buy another one. At the moment I own an original Xbox and a Xbox 360 and I will likely get an Xbox one once the Kinect-included version takes another price cut.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Last_Ride

@Comic_Capers said:

I've always been a one console person. It's been down to what my parents will let me have in the past but now it's a money issue as I am currently unemployed and doing an unpaid internship so if I do get a new console I most liekly will onyl be able to afford one. Seeing as the games for the new consoles are pretty expensive too I would rather spend my money on games for my new console rather than buy another one. At the moment I own an original Xbox and a Xbox 360 and I will liely get an Xbox one once the Kinect-included version takes another price cut.

yeah, it does look like that for me too. But if you could have several. Would you buy them, or would you buy more games for that console?

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

I usually end up with all the mainstream (Nintendo, MS, Sony lately) consoles in each generation slowly. Did it with the past 3 generations. So far I have a Wii U, Xbox One, 3DS, and a PC. Having relatives who send obscene amounts of money for holidays via amazon gift cards certainly helps as it allows me to pickup 1 console a year, otherwise I would stick to 1 console. Games aren't too big of an issue, engineering research jobs pay decently even at the undergraduate level. If I just avoid crappy games by doing plenty of research before buying it's fairly easy to get the good games over time. Maintaining my gaming PC is straightforward as I use my equipment allowance (from my school) to put towards my desktop setup if I need to; I obviously can't buy a gaming GPU with the equipment money (have to explain purpose of purchase), but a CPU or MOBO is very easy to justify.