Titanfall on 360 runs at 46 FPS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

After testing the game, Digital Foundry found out that the 360 version of Titanfall will run only at 46fps. It's also running only on 600p. This might have been the reason for the delay they had for this version or just MS trying to get some X1 sales.

Link

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

After testing the game, Digital Foundry found out that the 360 version of Titanfall will run only at 46fps. It's also running only on 600p. This might have been the reason for the delay they had for this version or just MS trying to get some X1 sales.

Link

We all know what's going on. I was going to get it for the 360 but I just don't see a strong enough community for it to get it. (on the 360)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@bowchicka07 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

We all know what's going on. I was going to get it for the 360 but I just don't see a strong enough community for it to get it. (on the 360)

THey abandoned that game tbh

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Did you read the DF analysis? By their account Bluepoint did a great job with the port (as they always do).

Its probable that MS hid and ever so slightly delayed the game because they wanted to push Titanfall buyers towards the Xbone.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-xbox-360-performance-analysis

We have much more to cover for the Face-Off but resolution, anti-aliasing support and performance seem to be the hot topics surrounding Titanfall on Xbox 360 and we wanted to get the information to you as quickly as possible. First impressions suggest a well-managed conversion that has made intelligent trade-offs in miniaturising the PC and Xbox One versions onto the vintage 2005 Microsoft hardware, while retaining all the key features as well as the core of the gameplay experience.

--------

In summary, after a day with the Xbox 360 game, the big takeaway here is that this is Titanfall, and it does appear to be feature-complete on the older console. With just one tenth of the available RAM and far less capable silicon, it's safe to say that Bluepoint Games has more than exceeded expectations.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

It sounds to me like Bluepoint did an excellent job porting this game. Those who only have the 360 option to play this game should be very happy.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

It sounds to me like Bluepoint did an excellent job porting this game. Those who only have the 360 option to play this game should be very happy.

I agree. 46fps is a strange number, but still superior to 30fps.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@CarnageHeart said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

Did you read the DF analysis? By their account Bluepoint did a great job with the port (as they always do).

Its probable that MS hid and ever so slightly delayed the game because they wanted to push Titanfall buyers towards the Xbone.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-xbox-360-performance-analysis

We have much more to cover for the Face-Off but resolution, anti-aliasing support and performance seem to be the hot topics surrounding Titanfall on Xbox 360 and we wanted to get the information to you as quickly as possible. First impressions suggest a well-managed conversion that has made intelligent trade-offs in miniaturising the PC and Xbox One versions onto the vintage 2005 Microsoft hardware, while retaining all the key features as well as the core of the gameplay experience.

--------

In summary, after a day with the Xbox 360 game, the big takeaway here is that this is Titanfall, and it does appear to be feature-complete on the older console. With just one tenth of the available RAM and far less capable silicon, it's safe to say that Bluepoint Games has more than exceeded expectations.

i already said that. They wanted it to sell more on X1

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@bowchicka07 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

You think the community will be smaller on a console with a 80 million install base or on the xbox one?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

How many fps does Titanfall run on Xbox One?

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Why is this such a big deal? It's inevitable that 360 would be the inferior version. There's even screen tearing to accompany the downgrade.

Loading Video...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania said:

How many fps does Titanfall run on Xbox One?

i believe it's 60FPS and 792p

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

@CarnageHeart: Bluepoint did an awesome job porting the game to the 360. I also believe MS delayed the release to push more TitanFall Xbox One bundles.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Glad it turned out. Bluepoint remains damn good.

Gannon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14 Gannon27
Member since 2014 • 103 Posts

Having played both, I am very surprised at what Bluepoint games have managed to squeeze out of the 360. They really have done a stellar job, and they deserve to sell a lot of copies. Who knows, with the established 360 userbase, it may have more numbers than the XB1. In the short term anyway.