Timeshift: worth owning?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts

Okay, I am 16 years old, so naturally I still get gifts from my parents. I just found out I got "Timeshift" for the 360. I've heard some good and bad things... in a nutshell, that it's fun, but not great. There is no receipt, though I am reasonable sure that I can still take it back and trade it in, correct? In that case, since Timeshift was a gift (I also got motortstorm from a grandparent, though plan to take it back because I already have it) should I just keep it, since it was free, or try to trade it in? I have all the major games this holiday, except for unreal tournament (probably the pc version), so the games I would trade timeshift in would be: Eternal Sonata (heard great things), Kane and Lynch (probably another rental, like I was planning to do with Timeshift), Eye of judgement... I'm sure there are others.

Anyone who doesn't feel like reading that semi-wall of text... basically, should I return Timeshift for something else, while renting Timeshift, or just accept it, since it was free. Help would be appreciated.

Warfighter3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Warfighter3000
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts
Keep it. Whoever gave you the gift would bepissed if they see you trade it for Kane and Lynch.
Deflight289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Deflight289
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
I rented it one day. It was ok. Certainly wasn't my favourite. But I say keep it. Don't get Kane and Lynch though.
Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts

Yeah, i'll probably just gamefly kane and lynch, and try not to let the Jeff thing get in the way... I'm still not convinced that was the cause, however.

So yeah, the only other games I want this year are Eternal Sonata and Unreal. I'll probably keep timeshift, it looks fun.

ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 ShenlongBo
Member since 2004 • 3800 Posts
Gamer2.0 suggests you rent it :), though if you already copped it for free, you might as well get all the achievements out of it that you can before you make up your mind.