The most difficult/time consuming achievement/trophie

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shado0ow7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shado0ow7
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

So the question is simple which achievement/trophie took alot of time and effort to get

for me it was and still the pacifist achievement in dues ex:HR I mean its almost impossible not to kill anyone.

Brown-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Brown-9
Member since 2011 • 753 Posts

Not difficult, but a bit time consuming.

Complete Crystarium in Final Fantasy XIII. A necessary evil if I wanted to take on the optional stuff.

discipleofsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 discipleofsin
Member since 2004 • 352 Posts

Borderlands "Big Tournament" ... while it wasn't exactly difficult, it sure was tedious and mind numbing ....

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I haven't done this but for Ninja Gaiden 2 they have an achievement for every weapon where you must beat the entire game using only that weapon.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

my most difficult trophy i've ever unlocked was the Steel Bladder Award trophy in Rock Band 2 for completing the Endlist Setlist 2 (84 songs back to back) without pausing or failing, did this trophy with 3 people (me on Vocals, my brother on Drums, and his friend on bass) which took us 7 1/2 hours to complete

Solid_Sterb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solid_Sterb
Member since 2010 • 1703 Posts

The "Traveler" trophy from Dragon Age: Origins was pretty time consuming; you had to travel to every area in the game. The worst part was that it was possible to miss areas, and it didn't unlock until the very end of the game, making it very possible that you had to do another playthrough to get it.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

One of the harder achievements that I've yet to obtain is in James Bond 007: Bloodstone. The achievement is called Speed Run and you have to drive through Istanbul, chasing after a certain target and reading the end under 2:59. What sucks is that there's no in-game timer for it, so you really gotta push it. But no matter what I do, something always gets in the way. It's such an impossible achievement!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The majority of Devil May Cry 4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#10 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

The "Lights Out" trophy in BF3. Getting al 4 lights in exactly 4 shots was nerve wracking, considering the wind made the lights move. Took at least 15 tries.

soul_resonance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 soul_resonance
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

Halo Reach: Cross Mappin'

Way too freaking hard to get. You have to shoot someone across a huge map, from one end of hemorrage to the other. My roommate got it with a sniper rifle. Don't get that, but whatever.

GHO5T-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GHO5T-
Member since 2011 • 419 Posts
Time consuming: AC: Brotherhood : Level 50 Dirt 3: Platinum Performance & Superstar(Level 35) NFS: Hot Pursuit - Ultimate Enforcer(Level 20 as cop) & Most Wanted(Level 20 as racer) Challenging: MW3: Overachiever(Earn 48 stars in Spec Ops)
GHO5T-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GHO5T-

The "Lights Out" trophy in BF3. Getting al 4 lights in exactly 4 shots was nerve wracking, considering the wind made the lights move. Took at least 15 tries.

That one was pretty easy for me. The one that was annoying was "You can be my wingman anytime" trophy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#14 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"]

GHO5T-
That one was pretty easy for me. The one that was annoying was "You can be my wingman anytime" trophy.

That's the perfect run one, right? How are you even supposed to do that? I tried it, and my first missile got destroyed by an IR flare. Then I quit out of rage :P
GHO5T-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GHO5T-
That's the perfect run one, right? How are you even supposed to do that? I tried it, and my first missile got destroyed by an IR flare. Then I quit out of rage :PAvatarMan96
Yeah, that's the one. It's all about timing. When the enemy jets dispose their flares, then you shoot your missile. There are 6 enemy jets if I remember correctly, and you can only use one missile per enemy jet.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

So the question is simple which achievement/trophie took alot of time and effort to get

for me it was and still the pacifist achievement in dues ex:HR I mean its almost impossible not to kill anyone.

Shado0ow7
Ugh the pacifist one, I missed that on the final boss' goons; didn't realise they counted :( I'd say Complete all Tactical Challenges on Vanquish, they're insane.
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

"The One Free Bullet" from The OrangeBox,Halif Life 2s episode 1. You have to beat the entire episode firing no more than 1 bullet. 5 hrs, one bullet. Crazy!

That was the last hard achievement ill ever get. It takes all the fun out of the game & makes gaming a pain in the a**. It becomes a choir. I might go back & get some easy, quick achievemnts in games from time to time but the ridiculous ones i leave alone.

Dead Space has an achievement to beat the entire game with one gun. Im not going back to beat the entire game again for a measely achievement.

Deus Ex has some really hard ones as well. Not going to touch those ones either.

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
I'm missing the Crushing trophy in Uncharted 2. Too hard for me. I'm also missing the stunts trophy in Infamous. There's one I just can't do. The most annoying trophy for me was finding the Blast Shards in Infamous. I'm currently collecting Feathers in Assassins Creed 2. I'm missing one in Venice. Got to go and search again.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Levelling up all the weapons in Nier took quite a bit of time. Lots of grinding, going over the same areas again and again hoping some dead enemy will drop the rare item you need.

Getting all the 4 second drifts in Need For Speed Shift was a pain too. A couple of those were real hit-and-miss things, took LOTS of attempts to finally hit the corner just perfect.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Gears of War 3- Seriously 3.0 is the most insane achievement I've come across. The original GRAW has an achievement for being no. 1 ranked player on the entire planet. All for 40 damn gamerscore.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

getting the achievement for having every achievement on darksouls. that was one hell of a ride

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Anything on Final Fantasy XI, you have to level up each class to 75, that means around 10,000 hours for each class if you are planning on playing solo.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#23 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Any shooter that i like with a multiplayer component with a trophy that says...

"get to rank 50"

seriously.... **** you trophy list... **** you.

It is always that one trophy that stops me from getting platinum.

Or Resistance 2's infamous "kill 10,000 people" trophy. This is a game where it's community dried up like a puddle in Arizona during a summer day.

In fact...

multiplayer trophies should be nixed off. seriously the most pain in the *** sort of trophies are these. As they are hingent on almost entirely luck to get a lot of them.

Also... if you wanna make a collectible trophy. For **** sake, give the player a chance to keep track of how much left they gotta do (looks at Enslaved, and inFamous)

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

One of the harder achievements that I've yet to obtain is in James Bond 007: Bloodstone. The achievement is called Speed Run and you have to drive through Istanbul, chasing after a certain target and reading the end under 2:59. What sucks is that there's no in-game timer for it, so you really gotta push it. But no matter what I do, something always gets in the way. It's such an impossible achievement!

Metamania

Ooh, I tried forever to get that one and had to admit defeat; it didn't help that I couldn't do handbrake turns to save my life.

On a happier note I was rather pleased to get my Blood From A Stone trophy, even though the final level atop the dam sorely tried my resolve.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Gran Turismo 5, easily. Getting gold in every race/tournament/time trial is just ridiculous. The 24 hour endurance races especially.

PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

The Combo challenges in MK vs. DC Universe. Ugh.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
Getting 90 stars in Mirror's Edge was a hassle.
DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

Collecting all of Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood Feathers or Revelations Data Fragments is by far the most time consuming achievement ever in my experience, I didn't even finish it because I got too bored.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

darksiders hidden XBL/GFWL achievement ride for 12000km

tartarsauceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tartarsauceman
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Elevator Action in Dead Space 2. Knock off all the Tripods on the elevator to the Solar Array. Pure trauma.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Elevator Action in Dead Space 2. Knock off all the Tripods on the elevator to the Solar Array. Pure trauma.tartarsauceman

I've got all but 2 trophies in that game, and that's one of them. Just got too bored to continue with that 3 saves thing.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44698 Posts
I gotta go with the Seriously 3.0 achievement in Gears of War 3. Getting to level 100 is the easy part but getting all those medals up to Onyx takes an inordinate amount of time.
hell_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hell_player
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

Beat Zico-Wipeout HD that trophy is hard as hell!

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I'm sure there are harder ones, but I hate "Sacrificial Lamb" in Black Ops: in Zombie mode you need to be lucky and manage to get the crossbow from the mystery box (which comes about once every 20 draws), then you need to find the upgrade machine at the end of the stage and have 5000 credits to spare to upgrade your crossbow, then you need a second player who'll agree to get stuck with an explosive arrow and run into a pack of zombies, killing at least 6 in the explosion. It's a literally impossible achievement, unless you have friends who'll spend a lot of time and make the effort to help you get it. Same goes for "See me, stab me, heal me", same crap but with upgraded ballistic knives.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Mile High Club from Cod4, it is well known for how difficult it is.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

White Knight Chronicles is very time consuming./

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#37 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

I gotta go with the Seriously 3.0 achievement in Gears of War 3. Getting to level 100 is the easy part but getting all those medals up to Onyx takes an inordinate amount of time.Archangel3371

That would have been my choice as well. In the amount of time it takes to get the 100 Gamerscore for that achievement, you could have gotten several thousand points from other games. =P

I would have also mentioned Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Some time consuming achievements/trophies in that game; seriously couldn't be bothered with them.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts

Gran Turismo 5, easily. Getting gold in every race/tournament/time trial is just ridiculous. The 24 hour endurance races especially.

Vari3ty
Not just that, some races require near perfect skills to get gold (and a good steering wheel too, gosh getting that trophy with a normal controller might just as well be another trophy on its own :P ) One tedious trophy is that calendar one in Arkham City, where you basically have to go and speak to Calendar Man on every special day. I feel like getting platinum for that game but I'm not looking forward to resetting my console's date every few minutes just for that trophy.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Beating all challenges in Vanquish, beating CoDC on Vet, beating MoHF on hard, beating Elite on KZ2, Mirror's Edge Time Trials and Speed runs, Dead Space 2 on Hardcore, Batman AA challenges are all pretty hard trophies I have.

NGS2, Wipeout HD, and SSF4/SF4 have some really hard ones as well.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Elevator Action in Dead Space 2. Knock off all the Tripods on the elevator to the Solar Array. Pure trauma.tartarsauceman

Just get the Handcannon (from beating hardcore) and spam it.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#41 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

The most time consuming (That I can pull out of my memeory on the spot) was the "Top of the World" Acheivement on Battlefeild:Bad Company. You have to reach the highest point in the game. It took forever.

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

Well I can't think of any off the top of my head that I've got but I can think of three that I haven't got and that I might never get.

1) Veteran Gear from Gears of War 2

2) Seriously 2.0 from Gears of War 2

3) Seriously 3.0 from Gears of War 3

And before you ask, yes I am a gears fan. Epic makes some pretty hard achievements to get.

S0mEGuY12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#43 S0mEGuY12
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

Wages of Conflict from Far Cry 2. You collect ALL The diamonds in the game. AND FOR WHAT?! A MEASLY 10G.

Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts

The 1000 cars trophy in gran turismo 5 sure took me a long time, though it's not as hard as golding everything. stupid f1 race :(

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I usually dont go out of my way to get achievements/trophies. I'm lucky if I finish a game at all.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#46 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Time consuming? Most definitely the Seriously?! Achievments from Gears of War and the Zombie Genocide ones from Left 4 Dead games.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
Mega Man 9 had some real ball busters.
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
Gears of War 3 Seriously 3.0 achievement. I'm not even going to try and attempt it.
0_demo_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 0_demo_0
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts

Did that on my first try. :)