The Making of Primal Rage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

Found a very short documentary on the making of the game's animation

could that video be anymore 90's? :P

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I remember playing a dinosaur fighting game(an arcade) while on holiday in Cyprus. I then asked my mum when she went to Blackpool to try and get me it for my saturn, but she return with Primal Rage :(

The game turned out to be really fun in the end, although I did break a few game pads :P

EDIT : I still don't know what that dinosaur game I played on holiday was :( If I rememeber correctly it was a little like Godzilla Domination for the GBA.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Primal Rage was one of the more memorable titles I had played back in the 90s. Nothing but good memories coming out of that game. :)

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I played Primal Rage in the Arcade. A different fighting game. My favorite was Vertigo.

i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts

I remember playing a dinosaur fighting game(an arcade) while on holiday in Cyprus. I then asked my mum when she went to Blackpool to try and get me it for my saturn, but she return with Primal Rage :(

The game turned out to be really fun in the end, although I did break a few game pads :P

EDIT : I still don't know what that dinosaur game I played on holiday was :( If I rememeber correctly it was a little like Godzilla Domination for the GBA.

gameofthering
Only other dino fighting game I can think of is Dino Rex... a pretty obscure machine by Taito from the 90's. I remember playing it in my local arcade, but don't think I ever saw it after, short of videos on Youtube...
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I forgot about this game! This reminded me of this and Rampage, both of which would be nice additions to my new thread.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Primal Rage was one of the more memorable titles I had played back in the 90s. Nothing but good memories coming out of that game. :)

Metamania
I remember getting Primal Rage for PC at KMart or something, had no idea what it was at the time.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rilpas

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Allicrombie

I remember getting Primal Rage for PC at KMart or something, had no idea what it was at the time.

heh, I just recently reviewed the PC version.

it looks great and the hit detection is perfect, but the special moves are impossible to pull off on today's Microsoft's Operating systems

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

rilpas

it looks great and the hit detection is perfect, but the special moves are impossible to pull off on today's Microsoft's Operating systems

I remember having a lot of trouble with those.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I remember getting Primal Rage for PC at KMart or something, had no idea what it was at the time. Allicrombie

they're weird by nature as they all require you to press three or more buttons at once...something which today's windows operating systems don't register

so it's impossible to pull off the moves :P

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I was hyped for that game when it came out.

A clone of MK with dinsaurs seemed really cool and it also had some nice graphics (DOS/Win95 PC and 32-bit CD consoles; The 16-bit ports were crappy).

Digitized graphics were quite popular back then due to MK and I have to say it would be interesting to see it today done in HD.

However, the game's fighting system was quite broken imo.

It was okay for some button-mashing fun but nothing to last or worthy of mastering imo.

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts

gameofthering
Godzilla Domination looks fairly similar to King of the Monsters by SNK.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gameofthering

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

Devil-Itachi

Godzilla Domination looks fairly similar to King of the Monsters by SNK.

I think it might be that:o

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

I loved to play this on arcade.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
That's awesome how they did that. Very cool.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Oh wow that game brings back memories, I remember my dad buying this game to me, my best friend and two of my cousins.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rilpas

Oh wow that game brings back memories, I remember my dad buying this game to me, my best friend and two of my cousins.

da_illest101
wow, that's one awesome dad
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

they're weird by nature as they all require you to press three or more buttons at once...something which today's windows operating systems don't register

In truth, from my experience, the Saturn version had the best features about the game, but the moves were still a little unusual to pull off, especially the fatalities. Those took a lot of time to get down before I could execute them perfectly each time.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gameofthering

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I remember having a lot of trouble with those.Metamania

In truth, from my experience, the Saturn version had the best features about the game, but the moves were still a little unusual to pull off, especially the fatalities. Those took a lot of time to get down before I could execute them perfectly each time.

I lost a few Saturn pads playing it and blisters on my fingers playing that game. Button mashing :P