The Forza Motorsport 4 thread: demo available now

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Is it known what the Zonda Cinque costs and if it is locked to start? Also, is the Huayra in the game? After playing the demo, I'm not really missing Porsche all that much anymore, as I have a new, more Italian obsession.
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#52 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

Is it known what the Zonda Cinque costs and if it is locked to start? Also, is the Huayra in the game? After playing the demo, I'm not really missing Porsche all that much anymore, as I have a new, more Italian obsession.foxhound_fox

Cinque costs 1.5m. However, it's one of your four options for your free level 41 car (along with the Joss, Mosler, and Gumpert). I also don't see the Huayra on the list, but there is a Zonda R.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20982 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Is it known what the Zonda Cinque costs and if it is locked to start? Also, is the Huayra in the game? After playing the demo, I'm not really missing Porsche all that much anymore, as I have a new, more Italian obsession.argianas

Cinque costs 1.5m. However, it's one of your four options for your free level 41 car (along with the Joss, Mosler, and Gumpert). I also don't see the Huayra on the list, but there is a Zonda R.

The Huayra desperately needs to be featured in Autovista. XD
Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts

Is it known what the Zonda Cinque costs and if it is locked to start? Also, is the Huayra in the game? After playing the demo, I'm not really missing Porsche all that much anymore, as I have a new, more Italian obsession.foxhound_fox

Me too. At first when I heard about the BS with EA , I said it was gonna be a killer and I wasn't sure if I was gonna buy Forza 4. Played the demo , mind changed. So I havent really checked but does anyone have a car list for the game ?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 foxhound_fox
However, it's one of your four options for your free level 41 car (along with the Joss, Mosler, and Gumpert).argianas
Thank God. Though, the Mosler was one of the best cars in 3. And one of my favorites.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#56 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

So anyone picked up their copy of Forza 4 today? If so, any thoughts or impressions on the full game?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts
Picked up my copy of Forza 4 today, I grabbed the Limited Collector's Edition. It's a pretty slick package with a solid art book, nice tin case and some downloadable goodies like a car pack and track pack. The car pack was a 370 MB download and the track pack was about 170 MB. I just barely started the game. I like the way it starts off with a single lap race in the Burmese Alps which looks quite nice. I got some bonus cars awarded for me by my Forza 3 save file for reaching level 50 and for my copy of Forza 3 being the Limited Collector's Edition.
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Got my copy in the mail today as well. Limited Collector's Edition, too. Like the packaging. The art book is really nice and so is the steelbook case. As for the game, it is a noticable improvement over FM3. The cars are more lively thanks to the new tire data, they look gorgeous, they sound wonderful, it's a real treat for gearheads and racing fans. More so if you poured hours into FM3.

This is actually the only collector's edition I've ever really wanted. Gotta say, it's nice having the FM4 steelbook accompany my Metroid Prime Trilogy tin case. I put them side-by-side on display. Not too shabby. :)

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#59 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

^Like the both of you, I also got my limited edition at Gamestop. Very nice packaging!

I have to wait until two weekends after until I get through something very important, but I do know, just by playing the demo, that Forza 4 will keep me busy in the months to come. I can't wait to explore the game and see what's in store for me.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts
Ahhhhh. Forza is pure sim racing bliss and this fourth installment continues this tradition nicely. :D
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

FM3 broke my previous playtime record that I had in Pokemon Diamond by of 432 hours, at around 550. I feel like FM4 is going to soar past that. The lighting in the TopGear Studio is fantastic, It's nice to just pick your favorite cars and just stare as the camera sweeps across the vehicles. I'm going to rack up time just looking at stuff, not to mention the days of racing and painting.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17694 Posts

Finally got to try the demo.

Must get ASAP.

Those physics are stunning. And I felt exactly what Jeremy Clarkson was talking about in the Pagani Zonda Cinque. The interior views are... astonishing. I think I may have to trade in Driver: SF to get it though (as I don't see myself playing it anytime soon, or again really). I find it interesting how they still offer manual w/clutch for cars that don't have a clutch (i.e. Ferrari 458 or Pagani Zonda Cinque). And that Bernese tracks is beautiful.

EDIT: The Zonda Cinque is a fantastic car. Way more rewarding to drive than the Zonda in FM3 (which had a terrible cockpit view). Makes me wonder just how much better the other cars have become.

foxhound_fox
Not meaning to be a jerk here, but I remember you saying "no Porsche, no purchase" in another thread a while back. Any reason you've changed your mind (demo)?
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Glad i saw this thread, ill give it a download haven't checked out the marketplace in a long long time.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 foxhound_fox
Not meaning to be a jerk here, but I remember you saying "no Porsche, no purchase" in another thread a while back. Any reason you've changed your mind (demo)?MirkoS77
I think I also remember saying it all depends on what I feel after playing the demo. And I still find the lack of Porsches to be irksome... its just my obsession has refocused on Italy (again). It was the same way for both FM2 and FM3. In between installments, I tend to switch back to Germany. Its odd.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17694 Posts
[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Not meaning to be a jerk here, but I remember you saying "no Porsche, no purchase" in another thread a while back. Any reason you've changed your mind (demo)?foxhound_fox
I think I also remember saying it all depends on what I feel after playing the demo. And I still find the lack of Porsches to be irksome... its just my obsession has refocused on Italy (again). It was the same way for both FM2 and FM3. In between installments, I tend to switch back to Germany. Its odd.

Yea, hopefully by the time Forza 5 rolls around EA's monopoly on the Porsche license will have expired. Not having Porshes in a racing game is akin to not having goombas in a Mario game.