Star Wars Battlefront hypeeee

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxbioghostxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By xxbioghostxx
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

Well judging the way the AAA industry is going right now with turds like :

The Order 1886

Titanfall

Battlefield 4

Advanced Warfare

Ghosts

Watch Dogs

The Evil Within

Destiny

AC Unity

List goes on....

What do you guys and gals think. Is the hype real? Will this game deliver on its promises this time or should we stay cautiously optimistic ? Thoughts/opinions

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

No space battles, no campaign, no galactic conquest, and only 4 planets out of all the star wars universe to fight on... Ya this is literally nothing to get your panties up in a bunch about. It's funny seeing a game supposed to reboot a series, that is announced with 1/5th the amount of content that was in the last game in the series. Or even the the PSP version which really makes this new battlefront look even more pathetic.

For god sakes people the canned Star wars battlefront 3 from lucas arts from what little we know about it, still housed more content and features then this joke of a DLC riddled multiplayer only game that Dice and EA are making. After BF4 I've stayed highly sceptical of dice and EA as a whole as that game was broken till almost a year after launch. And now that I've read and heard that 90% of the shit that made me love Battlefront 2 won't be present, and it's a cheap battlefield reskin, literally. I no longer care for what they produce. Honestly don't think i'll be buying any Dice or EA games or the forceable future with shit like this being considered acceptable.

WTF happened to this industry?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
@ribstaylor1 said:

No space battles, no campaign, no galactic conquest, and only 4 planets out of all the star wars universe to fight on... Ya this is literally nothing to get your panties up in a bunch about. It's funny seeing a game supposed to reboot a series, that is announced with 1/5th the amount of content that was in the last game in the series. Or even the the PSP version which really makes this new battlefront look even more pathetic.

For god sakes people the canned Star wars battlefront 3 from lucas arts from what little we know about it, still housed more content and features then this joke of a DLC riddled multiplayer only game that Dice and EA are making. After BF4 I've stayed highly sceptical of dice and EA as a whole as that game was broken till almost a year after launch. And now that I've read and heard that 90% of the shit that made me love Battlefront 2 won't be present, and it's a cheap battlefield reskin literally, I no longer care for what they produce. Honestly don't think i'll be buying any Dice or EA games or the forceable future with shit like this being considered expectable.

WTF happened to this industry?

Completely agree. However, the worst thing I've seen is how people are actively defending EA/DICE, saying that we should cut them some slack because it's there first game in the series. Yeah, but the first Battlefront that Pandemic released had 27 maps, two "historic campaigns", Galactic conquest and multiplayer, if Pandemic could do it back in 2004, I don't see why DICE should get a free ride 11 years later. If they didn't want to include the features that made the Battlefield series so special, they should have given the game a different name.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I was hyped for a couple hours until I read that there will be no single player campaign and mostly competitive multiplayer. They lost a sale.

srebmunahcnub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 srebmunahcnub
Member since 2015 • 70 Posts

I want to believe...