SNES: Bubsy the Bobcat

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheMarioManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheMarioManiac
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Does anybody else have fond memories of this game? I really loved it as a kid, especially the music with how bouncy it was. I wonder why it's so disliked.
Avatar image for jeff16950_demon
jeff16950_demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 jeff16950_demon
Member since 2003 • 1240 Posts
I used to love playing it on the genesis. I think it was one of those "rare" games that was pretty much the same game on both the genesis and the super nintendo. The only reason i say rare is because most companies made a great game for one console and then butchered it for the other.
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
Yeah, I remember that game, it was great, I also had it on the Sega Genesis. I just liked they way he would talk before each level, "What could possibly go wrong?". The music is the most memorable thing aside from the unique gameplay and level design. It was a platformer with a much different vibe to it.
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts

I own it for SNES. It reminded of Sonic the Hedgehog. It was really great game.

diegobf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 diegobf
Member since 2003 • 930 Posts

This cat is a ***** (no pun intended)... he could barely touch the enemies or fall off a certain height and that would mean death... I found this game very hard when I played a long time ago... it made me very frustrated... but I guess it was a nice option to be played when you didn't want to play Marios or Sonics... also another alternative was the Rocket Knight Adventures...

Edit: Got censored there! Bwahahahaha!

sniper_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 sniper_99
Member since 2004 • 2820 Posts
aside from its problematic stupid deaths at frustrating times, I really enjoyed the game when I played this game as a kid. Especially the music its catchy!!
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
i loved that happy game! Birght, colourful and had funny deaths. Crash Bandicute copied that from bubsy
Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Jerell_rast
Member since 2004 • 7095 Posts
Oh, man. This game brings some good (and bad-_-) memories. This was one of my first games that I owned after SMW. The game was awesome, but very hard. One hit and your dead,lol.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
i remember putting in SO much time on this game, thanks for the fond memory *eyes tear up* really though i remember going through each level anticipating what kind of weirdness was waiting on the next level (in fact that was the reason behind me playing it over and over) and even though this game was hard, like REALLY hard. i still loved it.
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#10 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
I played that game often. I'd rent it every now and then from Blockbuster. Though no matter how many times I rented it, I never did manage to beat the game. Or the sequel.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
fun game