Skyrim Question (milk drinker)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

We all know the Nords are based off of Viking Society. Vikings were among the very first people to drink milk.

So why, in Skyrim, is everyone calling me "milk drinker" as an insult? It would have been the cool, new, and acceptable thing!

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Milk Drinker is a therm associated with someone being a child, In this regard it is a insult to an adult that he or she is a little weak child.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Treflis said:

Milk Drinker is a therm associated with someone being a child, In this regard it is a insult to an adult that he or she is a little weak child.

you need to add some nutritious Honey Nut Cheerios in order to be a man

Loading Video...

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@TheHighWind said:

We all know the Nords are based off of Viking Society. Vikings were among the very first people to drink milk.

So why, in Skyrim, is everyone calling me "milk drinker" as an insult? It would have been the cool, new, and acceptable thing!

Basically the insult means that your character is "weak" and only grows strength through drinking milk instead of actually fighting and working. This is how perceived it at least.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Behardy24

This thread has given me nostalgic feelings about Skyrim and now I want to go back and play it. I know I must not though since I have way more other games to play.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

... I did not know these things. I was a Redguard and I don't remember any unique insults regarding my race.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Behardy24

@SoNin360 said:

... I did not know these things. I was a Redguard and I don't remember any unique insults regarding my race.

If my memory serves me right, all races receive the treatment of being called "milk drinkers." It was primarily said by guards and nord warriors and usually come up when waking pass them or sparking a conversation with them. I'm surprise you haven't heard it before since it was a pretty common said thing overall.